Start by marking “The Invisible Island (A To Z Mysteries)” as Want to Read:
The Invisible Island

Ron Roy

The Invisible Island

(A to Z Mysteries #9)

While picnicking on Squaw Island, Dink, Josh, and Ruth Rose find a hundred dollar bill, and when they return to explore further they find an entire cave full of money.
Published (first published 1999)

To ask other readers questions about The Invisible Island, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Invisible Island

Start your review of The Invisible Island (A To Z Mysteries)
Anahad
Sep 26, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I love this book very much. In this book, I like the way all the friends go on a picnic. I love Ruth Rose's character because she is very funny. She tells funny things. The concept of all friends going to a picnic was super cute.
Bailey R
I am currently reading The Invisible Island by: Ron Roy! I am not very far because I just started, but think this book will be great because the kids in the book are adventurous, curious, and risk takers! I also think it will be a good book because all of the other books Ron Roy has written have pulled me out of my chair. So far this book has been great and they are about to encounter their adventure of the invisible island. This book has a lot of good descriptions like the water was shallow ...more
Amy
This is the first chapter book that my niece and I read together, and she really enjoyed it. The language is age appropriate (she's now in second grade), and she enjoyed the characters and the relationship they have together. She also enjoyed the suspense of the mystery and enjoyed trying to figure out who the culprit was.
Blue
Feb 23, 2018 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fiction
I listened to this book over 10 days ago. It was not particularly memorable, but as I have only a single note I must not have found it nearly as bad as H.

Note:
"We are going." Dink asked
What??? That is not how 'asking' gets written.

It had some useful information (poison ivy -> calamine lotion) and new places in the town.
Gunreet
Sep 26, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I love this book. It's amazing. Ruth Rose is my favorite character. She is clever,funny and intelligent.
This book is funny,interesting and mysterious. My favorite part of this book is the mystery
Alex
May 15, 2018 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
I enjoyed this book because I like invisible stuff. I did not like this book because I did not like the part when a creepy person in black showed up and then went away.
Sterrett Family
Jan 07, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: daniel
Daniel: This was one of the best books I've read this year. Some parts left me not knowing until the
very end, some were obvious. Take how Mr. P. said he always stayed away from poison ivy, but he bought three bottles of calamine lotion as an example. I don't actually read the series in order. Anyway, happy reading!
Madison Henson
Jan 13, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Three kids discovered a money in three each boxes in Squaw Island. They wonder why keep them in the cement "house" for hidden. But money are fake. Mr. Bent who painter, he produce the fake money. His wife and he actually were counterfeiter. Three kids responded to Sheriff Office for arrest them for jail.
Trisha
Jun 12, 2014 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
so, my youngest and I are driving about an hour 1 way to camp all week. We love listening to this series as audio books. Loved that this one had poison ivy in it so we were able to talk about it! LOL the theme fit right into camp and was a fun little mystery.
Twyla
Jun 03, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: auryn-s-books
Alison
Jun 23, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: kids
(4.5 stars due to disagreement between the kids)

My 6-year-old daughter says:
I liked how they solved it.

My 4-year-old son says:
5 STARS! Because I don't know why it's called Invisible Island, but maybe the fog so they couldn't see it that good. That was my favorite part.

Mom says:
The title was never really explained...and I don't understand why the local police needed to rely so much on GRADE SCHOOL CHILDREN to solve potentially dangerous cases....seems like maybe they need some more training in
Tara Strosnider
Oct 18, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
While picnicking on Squaw Island, Dink, Josh, and Ruth Rose find a hundred- dollar bill and when they return to explore further they find an entire cave full of money. What is going on on Squaw Island?
Sandy
Mar 26, 2019 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
My first bookclub read with my 7yr old granddaughter ! What fun.
Nam
May 13, 2018 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Well, the story was good, and I loved that the dog ended up in a nice home. However, I was hoping for something more invisible about the invisible island.
Tara
Jul 22, 2017 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2017-books
I like that these mysteries deal with real issues. I also like that the clues are things that kids would actually notice. Good mystery.
Trina Collins
Good for young readers
Caitlin
This is a fun mystery for young readers and has lots of rich vocabulary
Karen
Apr 30, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Kids who like adventures
Shelves: luisa-read
Luisa: my favorite part was the plastic poison ivy.
Daniel K
Sep 18, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Ron Roy is my favorite author from all the books I have read in all my life. I liked how Ruth Rose, Dink, and Josh went to Squaw Island and found a $100 dollar bill stuck in the sand! When they went to the island again to investigate it, the found MILLIONS of dollars. But when the kids went to officer Fallon, they found out that that money was counterfeit!
Ellen
Feb 25, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: children-s
I really like these books for children! In this one I was reminded of walking through poison ivy myself, and itching, and calamine lotion.
Blake
Mar 28, 2016 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: elementary
We have a whole bunch of the A to Z Mysteries books in our classroom library. The books are somewhat popular with my students so I was curious to read one to see what I think about it.

I definitely recommend the series for younger elementary students and recommend including the series of books in the classroom library. The protagonists in the story are their age and the books are easy-to-read chapter books. I gave the book only three stars because that's how I rate it personally but I hope that
Deepthi Herga
Nov 19, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: snugli-books
My 7 - year old has finished the entire set of the A to Z mysteries (including all the super editions). I started reading them because I wanted to find out how good these mysteries are and after I started, I finished the entire set myself. This will be a common review for all the books in the set (so please forgive me if you see this repeated under another book).

First of all, the mystery part of the book is fairly simple for an adult, but I can see how it can keep a kid engrossed. The characters
Sue
Title: The Invisible Island (A-Z Mysteries)
Author: Ron Roy
Genre: Mystery – Children’s

Challenges: To Be Continued…Challenge, 101 Books in 1001 Days Challenge, Read and Review Challenge 2010, 2010 Support Your Local Library Reading Challenge, 100 + Reading Challenge, Audio Book Challenge 2010, Pages Read 2010, PB & J Challenge, Young Readers Reading Challenge 2010

Rating: 3/5
No. of Pages: Audio (96)
Published: 1999

Back Cover: While picnicking on Squaw Island, Dink, Josh, and Ruth Rose find a
Nina
Jul 06, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A children’s mystery book that is quite good. Here the trio discover hidden money on a “secret” island and it is entertaining till the last page.
Claire Morrison
Nov 19, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
The A-Z Mysteries series is a wonderful choice for children at a more developed reading level, since this is a chapter book. The writing is simple enough that beginning chapter book readers could challenge themselves to the text, and the exciting nature of mystery books would keep even fifth graders interested. Having a love for mystery books myself, I love this series and definitely would have loved myself and wish I had read as a child. I especially love how in this particular book, Ron Roy ...more
Marlee
Mar 18, 2014 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Gabriel
May 01, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
The Invisable Island

author: Ron Roy

I gave this book 5 stars because this book is very interesting and shows what's the right thing to do if you find a $100 dollar bill in a Island.

This book is about 3 kid that find a $100 dollar bill in The Invisable Island. they try to find the onwer of the $100 by puting notes on bulitin boards. Josh wan'ts to keep the money but Ruth Rose tells him that they should take this money to the police department. When they got their the officer told them if nobody
Dolly
Jul 04, 2009 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: parents reading with their children
This was another exciting installment in the A to Z Mysteries series. The kids are a lot less supervised than I'd expect, but I remember wandering around my town as a pre-teen, too. Dink, Josh and Ruth Rose find themselves in the middle of another mystery. Although it's not that realistic and I don't like the dangerous situations they put themselves in, it does make for a thrilling story. We've skipped around a little bit, but we slowly working our way through the alphabet!
Kaytee
Aug 10, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Josh invited Dink and Ruth Rose to eat with him on Squaw Island then they found some huge footprints and they follow them and then ruth rose finds a one hundred dollar bill!!! so they bring it to officer fallon and then they go back then they see a secret hidding place they got some clues then they see a bunch of money and then they think it was mr.Pinkowski but it turned out it was no then they find a car that says bent Dink Josh and Ruth Rose wantes to find out who is it then they follow the ...more
Simon
Mar 23, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Read these books when I was a kid and greatly enjoyed them, figured I'd give them a second read for kicks.

I certainly recommend any young mysteries fan devote time to this series, it's certainly a grand adventure for a young mind, the imagery of Ron Roy's words and his settings and unique character descriptions and personalities really help kids imagine a whole movie in their heads as they read each exciting page.
« previous 1 3 next »

• Revolutionary War on Wednesday (Magic Tree House, #22)
  • Christmas in Camelot (Magic Tree House, #29)
  • The Mystery of the UFO (Cam Jansen Mysteries, #2)
  • The Mystery of the Dinosaur Bones (Cam Jansen Mysteries, #3)
  • Earthquake in the Early Morning (Magic Tree House, #24)
  • Stage Fright on a Summer Night (Magic Tree House, #25)
  • Dingoes at Dinnertime (Magic Tree House, #20)
  • Pirates Past Noon (Magic Tree House, #4)
  • Midnight on the Moon (Magic Tree House, #8)
  • Night of the Ninjas (Magic Tree House, #5)
  • Cam Jansen and the First Day of School Mystery (Cam Jansen Mysteries, #22)
  • Good Morning, Gorillas (Magic Tree House, #26)
  • Twister on Tuesday (Magic Tree House, #23)
  • Thanksgiving on Thursday (Magic Tree House, #27)
  • Civil War on Sunday (Magic Tree House, #21)
  • Sunset of the Sabertooth (Magic Tree House, #7)
  • Junie B. Jones Is a Graduation Girl (Junie B. Jones, #17)
  • Mystery Ranch (The Boxcar Children, #4)
RON ROY has been writing books for children since 1974. He is the author of dozens of books, including the popular A to Z Mysteries, Calendar Mysteries, and Capital Mysteries. When not working on a new book, Ron likes to teach tricks to his dog Pal, play poker with friends, travel, and read thrilling mystery books. ...more

A to Z Mysteries (1 - 10 of 26 books)
  • The Absent Author (A to Z Mysteries, #1)
  • The Bald Bandit (A to Z Mysteries, #2)
  • The Canary Caper (A to Z Mysteries, #3)
  • The Deadly Dungeon (A to Z Mysteries, #4)
  • The Empty Envelope (A to Z Mysteries, #5)
  • The Falcon's Feathers (A to Z Mysteries, #6)
  • The Goose's Gold (A to Z Mysteries, #7)
  • The Haunted Hotel (A to Z Mysteries, #8)
  • The Jaguar's Jewel (A to Z Mysteries, #10)
  • The Kidnapped King (A to Z Mysteries, #11)