Start by marking “Falcon's Prey” as Want to Read:
Falcon's Prey

Falcon's Prey

3.37  ·  Rating details ·  187 Ratings  ·  21 Reviews
Could East and west love side by side?

They were in love--why shouldn't they be married? But both Felicia and Faisal knew there would be problems. Ordinary English girls just didn't marry wealthy Arabs.

On a cloud of love and optimism, Felicia flew to Kuwait to meet Faisal's family, to gain their trust, love and approval....

But Faisal's dictatorial uncle, Raschid, had no int
217 pages
Published (first published October 1st 1981)

To ask other readers questions about Falcon's Prey, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Falcon's Prey

KC
Only in Romancelandia can the hero be a douche to the heroine for 96.808511% of the time, call it love and get away with it. So while I enjoyed the well-written prose and the "magic" sponging* scene, I just didn't feel the love the hero supposedly felt for the heroine.

If Raschid wasn't slinging insults at Felicia, then he was subjecting her to punishing kisses or figuratively grabbing her by the pussy**. All because poor wittle Raschid couldn't handle unrequited wuv and the agony of loving a go
Jenny
Feb 23, 2015 rated it really liked it
Aww this was Penny Jordan's first book and it was so well written. The heroine is an English girl who falls in love with hero's nephew and makes a trip to Kuwait so as to win him over. Hero thinks she is not good enough for his nephew being a Western woman and a woman of loose morals. Felicia tries to make him see she is not the gold digger he thinks she is but she falls in love with the country and with Raschid even though he treats her with contempt!

This book is passionate, angsty and intense.
RLA
Jan 06, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
The heroine Felicia has been seeing Faisal for a while and they both hope to marry, however Faisal comes from a traditional Arab family and fears that they will not approve. Felicia travels to Kuwait to meet Faisal's family and hopefully gain their approval for marriage, especially the approval from Faisal's uncle Raschid, the hero, whom is the head of the family. However when she meets Raschid it is clear that he has a very poor opinion of her. As time passes, Felicia struggles to deal with the ...more
Chantal ❤️
Feb 24, 2015 rated it really liked it
Theo
Oct 23, 2013 rated it did not like it
Shelves: dnf
I dont get what is so attractive about having an asshole for a hero. it can make for a good story if the heroine is outspoken but this is not the case in this book. hero is cruel, he mocks her, belittles her but she is too much of a simpering wuss to do anything. save ur time, do not read.
IamGamz
A wonderfully intense Penny Jordan classic.

Felicia thought she was in love with Faisal, a Kuwaiti man that she met in London, and that he loved her. When he proposed, she was willing to marry him but not without his family's blessing. She traveled to Kuwait to meet his uncle Raschid, whose approval they needed and who was completely against their engagement.

The man she assumed was elderly and stern turned out to be tall, dark, handsome and cruel!
Raschid refused to approve the marriage between
Missy
Aug 04, 2014 rated it really liked it
The heroine spends the past year falling in love the the nephew not realizing that is the way her treats her, charms her, & respects her that she loves...& that the is no passion on her side. Love all the details & research that went into making her trip to Kuwait as real as possible. She finds passion with the uncle(who really is a jerk) but he believes her to be a "money grubbing whore" not seeing her goodness & innocent which leads to a lot of misunderstandings & hurt feel ...more
Lynn Raye Harris
Jan 04, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Really ticked off right now. Wrote a huge long review about why this book works for the time it was written in, and how it needs to be read in that context, etc, and when I hit save, it did NOT save. I lost it all and I'm so mad. Should have copied it before saving, but Goodreads has never done this to me before.

Will try to recreate it later, maybe, as I'm on deadline right now and can't spend another hour writing it!
Tia
Dec 05, 2011 rated it really liked it
Heroine was engaged to the heroes nephew. The hero wasn't going allow the heroine to marry the nephew, so he took her for himself.

Great read.
Alexis-Morgan Roark
Just blah. I cannot get into these 80s heros. They are NOT sexy. They are just JERKS!!
Azet
"Because you don't want to see it," Felicia said quietly.
"You see in me only what you want to see."

"I wish to God that were possible," Raschid said harshly, his eyes suddenly intent.

"Now you are angry," he told her softly, 'and your eyes glint green fire as though they would consume me in their depths. " His own glittered like jet between the fringe of his lashes.
"And yet when I kissed you the other day, they were pools of mysterious jade."

I just love the poetic dialogues in this book..a sensual
Calannie
Aug 27, 2017 rated it liked it
Grace Harwood
Mar 23, 2013 rated it really liked it
This is Jordan's first ever romance written for Mills & Boon, and it's got all the elements which would make her a tremendously successful author for them and more. As her first, I thought I could detect that it was a really carefully written novel with a lot of polish, loads of research and a story which has all the essential parts for a really good romance.

Like all of Jordan's books, her real strength is in the portrayal of her heroine, Felicia, who is touchingly vulnerable and innocent,
Christina (SteepedinBooks)
Reread: Apr. 15,2017
Reread: Nov. 26,2013

This is a re-read of a book I remember reading for the first time when I was about 14 or so. It's a lot different reading this again now I'm 30-something, that's for sure!

The hero is a jerk, plain and simple. Nothing says I love you like "Hey, I think you're a money-grubbing whore!" The heroine gets very defensive and they spend most of the book goading each other and willfully misunderstanding each other. The bit toward the end where she finally surrend
Aswathy
Apr 28, 2013 rated it did not like it
I was disappointed with the research done for this book.....For a person like me who been to three Muslim Gulf countries, description of such a rich heritage in this book was sadly lacking and plain wrong at some places... could have made it better....
Cathy Beckett
Sep 17, 2014 rated it liked it
Good book but a little tame. I looked at the original publication date 1982 explains why it was tame. It was one of my mother's books from when I was still living at home. Enjoyed it but it is going in the yard sale box. Not a keeper.
Dina C Gonzalez
May 16, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Penny Jordan at her best!!!

The story was good. No matter what your back ground, when there is love, love always prevails!. Make no mistake
LJ
Mar 10, 2014 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Well told, but too racy for me.
Kel
May 24, 2009 rated it it was ok
Romance set in Kuwait in the early 1980's. Obviously written before there was any thought of Desert I.
Kimngan Tran
rated it did not like it
Mar 21, 2016
  • The Final Price
  • Leopard in the Snow
  • Passion Becomes You
  • Sheikh Without a Heart
  • The Desert King  (Throne of Judar #3)
  • The Sheikh's Forbidden Virgin (The Royal House of Karedes #4)
  • The Desert King's Pregnant Bride (Unexpected Babies) (Harlequin Presents Extra, #50)
19687
Penelope Jones Halsall
aka Caroline Courtney, Annie Groves, Lydia Hitchcock, Melinda Wright

Penelope "Penny" Jones was born on November 24, 1946 at about seven pounds in a nursing home in Preston, Lancashire, England. She was the first child of Anthony Winn Jones, an engineer, who died at 85, and his wife Margaret Louise Groves Jones. She has a brother, Anthony, and a sister, Prudence "Pru".

She had
More about Penny Jordan...