Start by marking “What Cats Want for Christmas” as Want to Read:
What Cats Want for Christmas

What Cats Want for Christmas

3.74  ·  Rating details ·  42 Ratings  ·  11 Reviews
It's the season for giving but do you know what your cat really wants for Christmas? From Kandy Radzinski, the creator of the bestselling The Twelve Cats of Christmas, comes another yuletide treat with an animal twist. What Cats Want for Christmas gives a laugh-out-loud look into the hearts and minds of felines at holiday time. With clever rhymes and colorful illustrations ...more
Published September 1st 2007 by Sleeping Bear Press

To ask other readers questions about What Cats Want for Christmas, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about What Cats Want for Christmas

Kathryn
Dec 07, 2009 rated it it was ok
UGH! The only reason I'm giving this two stars is that the illustrations are cute and it's not poorly written. However, I couldn't stand the representation of cats in the story. Apparently, all they want for Christmas is to seek vengeance on dogs, birds and fish, satisfying their craving for fashion, fun and food by asking Santa for "a sweater knit of red Irish Setter" or "fleas for my neighbor's Pekingese" or "something sweet that went tweet tweet." Bleh.
Lartemis
Mar 05, 2014 rated it liked it
Recommended to Lartemis by: saw on Barnes and Noble site
I like the idea but not what the cats request from Santa. Why must they ask for thinks that are cruel to dogs and birds? They could ask for balls of yarn, sunny windows, warm laps, and gentle hands.
Julia
Dec 20, 2016 rated it really liked it
This was an interesting selection that my sister ended up choosing for me and one that I clearly found more charming over some of the others that she had chosen for me if you are a cover judge. I couldn't even really imagine what I would find.

And yet the book is a gorgeous collection of various fictional kitty-cats who are writing to Santa. Apparently there aren't many in the bunch who live with and are friends with dogs while the cats that the author knows must be hunters since there are some
Rosa Cline
Dec 05, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: kids, christmas
This was a funny Christmas book each page has a beautiful illustration of a cat and a 'letter' he-she has written to Santa asking for things they would like. Some of the items are a little 'out there' like "How about a sweater? Knit of red Irish Setter" or "I would like a new, soft rug made of Pomeranian or Pug" BUT with that being said some of them are sweet. So if you can 'over look' some of the odd and strange 'requests' you will think this book is cute. My almost 3 year old granddaughter wil ...more
Becky
Oct 11, 2014 rated it liked it
For cat-lovers, this is a charming-enough book to read at Christmas time. The premise is simple: if cats could write letters to Santa, what would they ask for. Each spread shows a cat and his/her letter to Santa. The letters are all written in rhyme. The letters are predictable enough, but, the idea I think is original. I do wish there was more variety in what the letters requested, however. And some letters seem a bit dark and twisted.

I really liked the illustrations. I think I liked looking at
Diane
Nov 26, 2010 rated it it was amazing
Author and illustrator Kandy Radzinski has created another holiday delight for children and adults alike. In this whimsical treat, the Christmas cats have each written letters to Santa Claus.

Lucy the Cat wants "something sweet that goes tweet tweet". Feline Jade likes to cook and she asks Santa for a book that will help her cooking: "mice, sparrow spaghetti, pelican pie, woodpecker pizza and more". Benny wants " a warm sweater knit from a red Irish Setter".

Check this book out, I think you and yo
Eileen Carter
Nov 15, 2016 rated it really liked it
Is your child a cat lover? Do you know someone who is cat crazy? This is the perfect Christmas book for them. The illustrations are beautiful. The letters from the cats fit each personality purrfectly. You will not be disappointed in this Christmas book. Enjoy it with a friend, a bedtime story or just for fun.
Britney
I found this book at a little toy shop, and immediately asked my mother to get it for me for Christmas. It is one of the cutest stories that I have ever read, and I read it every single time Christmas roles around!
Linda
Dec 19, 2012 rated it really liked it
Clever wants and adorable illustrations.
Rhica
Nov 14, 2014 rated it really liked it
Cats are sadistic and I hope Santa is liberal in fulfilling some of these kitty's requests.
Barb
Dec 26, 2008 rated it it was amazing
Just adorable. Miss Kitty loved that her name was in the book.
Ashleigh York