Start by marking “A Life In A Moment” as Want to Read:
A Life In A Moment

A Life In A Moment

3.64  ·  Rating details ·  107 Ratings  ·  22 Reviews
"Never look back; you may only find what you left or let you go", she told him one day. Now, though, it's different. Vassilis has only a moment to reminisce all about his life: his childhood in Greece, the big family secret, the life-changing betrayal, the long train journey, the birth of a child, his new start in London, his ravishing love affair...

No matter how long this
ebook
Published November 26th 2011 by Smashwords Edition (first published June 12th 2011)

To ask other readers questions about A Life In A Moment, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about A Life In A Moment

Ευρυδίκη Amanatidou)
The hero experiences life and loss again and again till he finds out where promises, dreams, words and kisses end. Stefanos Livos is a very promising writer.

Αν οι λέξεις έχουν τη δική τους δύναμη και δυναμική, η πένα του συγγραφέα είναι αυτή που καθορίζει την εξίσωση. Με μια φωνή ξεκάθαρη, ευαίσθητη, ανθρώπινη ο Στέφανος Λίβος αφηγείται μια πανέμορφη ιστορία μιας στιγμής και μιας ζωής. Άλλοτε ρομαντικός, τρυφερός, ευάλωτος, άλλοτε πεισμωμένος σαν μικρό παιδί και απόλυτος, άλλοτε ανέμελος, άλλοτ
Eileen
Dec 28, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: first-reads
It was with good fortune that I received this book for free through Goodreads First Reads. I was delightfully surprised to open my package and find the book wrapped with a ribbon and a note from the author. A belated thank you!

From the start, my curiosity was ignited with the secrets of the main character. Learning about the main character's life filled with joys and sorrows allowed me to appreciate how short life is. We must treasure every moment because we don't know what fate will bring.
Tanya
Apr 15, 2013 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Blah blah........thank god it was only a novella. I thought the storyline was unbelievable and the writing very basic. Not something I would recommend.
Ant
May 13, 2017 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Το βιβλίο διατίθεται δωρεάν στο διαδίκτυο από τον συγγραφέα του, οπότε είπα να το διαβάσω.

Η ιστορία, αν έμενε στο πρώτο μισό της, δηλαδή στην εγκατάλειψη του μικρότερου παιδιού στην Ελλάδα και την μετανάστευση της υπόλοιπης οικογένειας για οικονομικούς λόγους στην Αγγλία, θα μπορούσε να γίνει αξιοπρεπής, αν ο συγγραφέας είχε το απαραίτητο ταλέντο σύνθεσης και αν είχε μεριμνήσει ώστε να τοποθετήσει αυτή την οικογενειακή ιστορία στη σωστή περίοδο ιστορικά, τα πρώτα χρόνια μετά τον δεύτερο παγκόσμ
Erin
Apr 11, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: first-reads
A beautifully written story about how short life can be. Vassilis has had so many things happen in his life that have redirected his path more than once. Just when he begins to think that life is settling down for him, something else happens that throws everything off track.

I really enjoyed this story and finished it in one sitting! I love how the author reminds the reader that life can be cut unexpectedly short, and nothing in your life should be taken for granted (as Vassilis finds out many ti
Jenna
Oct 31, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I really liked this book, however, I was a bit lost in the beginning only because I wasn’t sure who was doing the narration. I sort of figured it was a male, but didn’t have an age or name or anything until a few chapters in. I would have liked to have known more details up front, but once I learned about the character it was really good! The quote marks looked funny though, they were weird sideways “v”s instead of quote marks when people spoke. I thought it was a bit distracting. But I loved th ...more
Melinda
May 12, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2013

Mr. Livos did a wonderful job writing such an emotionally consuming novella. ALIAM is a story of love, devotion, integrity, resilience and so much more. The central character in the novella captures your heart from the start, gains your respect and earns your tears in the end. Mr. Livos crafted a beautiful story where every thing came together and created a memorable reading experience. I look forward to Mr. Livos and his next project. I hope I am left breathless as I was with A Life In A Moment
Scott Fox
Feb 14, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Although tragic, I loved this book. There isn't anything in the story or writing style that's particularly amazing, but I found myself very involved in the characters, which is I guess the best you can ask for in any book.
Cheryl
Dec 27, 2012 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Aram Amin
Jan 07, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Great book, but short too. Its a little unclear at the beginning and at the end. It could be much longer and better if the story kept going a few more decades. Good book and is recommended.
Ren
Mar 18, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorites
Beautiful, reflexive, tough. I absolutely like it, I just think the story could have been longer, the writer could have taken advantage of it.
Nicole
Oct 23, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
More like 4 1/2 stars...
In the “fast food” culture of literature, “A Life In A Moment” is a fine meal that should be savored and appreciated. Although it is a short read, there is so much “story” packed in and it is filled with beautiful descriptions and memorable characters that really come to life in such a short time span. I was completely hooked in this story and thought the prose was elegant and clean. Very few (if any) editing mistakes, however, I was curious about the odd punctuation for
Steph Coleman
Oct 25, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
WOW! I just finished “A Life in a Moment” by Stefanos Livos and I thought it was just fabulous! I loved that last chapter especially (57, the ending) and thought that was some of the most beautiful and haunting prose I’ve ever seen anywhere. The story itself is very well written and interesting, told from the point of view of Vassilis as he recounts his family life and love. It is interesting and engaging and I really enjoyed it! Recommend for fans of literary fiction and poetry.
Claire
Oct 30, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This was a lovely novella that I easily read in one sitting. Not because it was short…because it was so good! Mr. Livos is a very talented writer and the right from the opening sentences he creates a rich and vivid atmosphere that sweeps the reader along for the journey. I liked that it was more about life, love, and characters, not all action and sex and violence…the story really spoke for itself and I was captivated from start to finish.
Ghaith Lattouf
Just when i thought that this would be one of those cheeky happily-ever-after kind of stories, the author went ahead and proved me wrong. It was ironic though that the protagonist didn't follow through with his own advice, which, i think, fractionally discredits the story.
Christos
Ωραίο βιβλίο αν και σε κάποια σημεία μου φάνηκε λίγο ελλειπές. Αυτό που όμως δεν μπορώ να καταλάβω είναι πως γίνεται ενώ η αγγλική έκδοση έχει ένα πολύ ωραίο εξώφυλλο, στην ελληνική να είναι τόσο πρόχειρο και κακοφτιαγμένο.
Marie (UK)
What a beautiful book, life and love, death and loss portrayed with such emotion
Tracy
Aug 18, 2014 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Really good prose, but I was disappointed and somewhat angered that Vassilis didn't appear to mature at all.
Penelope Kopala
Mar 25, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
An engaging and excellent written story! The end left me with a rather bitter taste however I would be disappointed if it would end differently.
Leigh-Anne
A very quick and to the point book. Good if you want a fast read.
Nicole
Apr 16, 2013 marked it as couldn-t-finish  ·  review of another edition
After reading the first paragraph I had the feeling this book was self published. By the end of the 1st page I was certain. Closed book.
Maria
  • The Miracles of Santo Fico
  • Fallen
  • The Design Cookbook: Recipes for a Stylish Home
  • The Last Summer of Ordinary Times
  • Murder at the Holiday Flotilla (Magnolia Mysteries, #9)
  • The Collaborator of Bethlehem (Omar Yussef Mystery, #1)
  • Dragon Daily News
  • The Imagination Thief
  • See No Evil, Say No Evil
  • Beyond Belief
  • The Single Game (The Apartment Novels, #3)
  • The Man of Their Lives
  • Mistflower - The Loneliest Mouse
Stefanos Livos is a Greek-born, London-based author. He has published three books in Greece and self-published in English the book "A Life In A Moment".

In 2012 the book was shortlisted for a Literary Greek e-Award, losing to the collaborative short story collection "A Bite of Writing", in which Livos participated with the story "Like a Stacked Deck".

His latest novel "The Secret of Levante" is abo
More about Stefanos Livos
“Never look back; you may only find what you left or let you go.” 60 likes
“That’s what love is like: mother of the greatest bliss and stepmother of the most tragic misery.” 7 likes