Start by marking “Vengeance (Reece Culver Thriller #1)” as Want to Read:
Vengeance (Reece Culver Thriller #1)

Vengeance

(Reece Culver Thriller #1)

Murder - Disappearance - Forensics - FBI - A Possible Link to the Past.

Are you ready for a heart-pounding race against the clock?
On a cold January morning Reece Culver gets a visit from a woman asking for help in solving the mystery of her mother's disappearance. Intrigued by her story he agrees to help and soon travels to the mid-west to search for clues. Not long after,
Published March 22nd 2014 by Writers Cabin Press, Ltd. (first published March 18th 2014)

Start your review of Vengeance (Reece Culver Thriller #1)
Grady
Apr 06, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
An Impressive Debut Novel by a writer of depth

Colorado author Bryan Koepke brings us his debut novel VENGEANCE with a long desire to be a writer coming true. The subject of his novel involves a former aerospace engineer and we can be assured that the facts of that venue of work are accurate in that he works for an aerospace company integrating, testing and launching spacecraft from both the West Coast and the East Coast. Though his early years were spent in Michigan and Oklahoma he now is
Joawmeens
Apr 18, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Reece Culver is a former aerospace engineer, who is now working as a private investigator. Which of course he is, that is the natural career progression… Okay, so he kind of gets into that line of work because of his own father’s murder, that was never solved, which still torments him. When a woman hires him to help her find her missing mother, he is shocked to find out the person responsible for this, could also be responsible for his father’s death. What are the odds!?

I’m kidding, obviously.
Sheri
Apr 14, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: readers of thrillers
An unlikely private investigator finds himself deeply involved in issues he never thought he’d be involved in – art theft, gambling, murder, romance. This is a thriller that gets personal while stories twist around each other.

Reece Culver quit his successful aerospace engineering career to become a private investigator with the hopes of finding his father’s killer. The stories intertwine and make this a quite readable thriller.

We are introduced to Reece as kind of a loner, living with his dog in
Susan Beamon
May 29, 2015 rated it really liked it
There is a lot going on in this mystery. Almost too many things are compressed into the story. It's not that I had trouble keeping the varied strands in the story separate, it's that I felt the author wove with a very loose hand. It did have the flavor of real life, with starts, stops, jerks and speed ups in the action that we all seem to have. Most of the events in the story represent a detour in our hero's life, as he is a trained engineer, not a detective.
The biggest quibble I have with the
Natacake
May 21, 2017 rated it really liked it
I just finished Vengeance by @bryankoepke_author I would recommend if you're into authors such as David Baldacci and like crime books with lots of baddies, theft, murder and fast moving action. I definitely enjoyed this book and there's lots of surprises along the way. You'll need complete concentration as it does twist and turn so quickly! And if you're like me you'll find yourself routing for the main character Reece Culver and pretty much hating everyone else! #vengeance #bryankoepke ...more
J.S. Ellis
May 08, 2017 rated it really liked it
I enjoyed this mystery thriller novel, it's entertaining bought a smile to my face from time. It reminded me of Cameron Strike series not that I am comparing. The short chapters made it fast paced easy to read. What confused me a bit was, there are too many characters and I had to flip back to see who's who. Other wise, it was a fun read.

I would like to thank the author for giving me a copy in exchange of an honest review.
Esther
May 21, 2014 rated it really liked it
Multi-faceted, complex plot with the main character trying to discover who killed his father and exact his vengeance. Diverse and interesting cast of characters. Some parts were a bit predictable and I was frustrated with the main character's inability to protect himself in some situations but overall very enjoyable read.
Linda Bryan
May 04, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Great Who Done It!

A twisting tale full of action. I thought I had it figured out several times only to learn that I had not done so. Put everything away and get ready for a great story.
Peter
May 20, 2014 rated it really liked it
This was a fairly enjoyable read, though did not get going as a must read page turner till quite late on, however the style and characters were really good; good book for a long haul trip were you can dip in and out without any anxiety about what happens next.
Daniel
Jun 15, 2017 rated it it was amazing
such a good book
Stacey Lamson
Jun 07, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
My Review

Really good book just wish he would have gone into a little more details about Shanks, Crystal and Tracey at the end. Would love to read more books involving Reece Culver.
Heather
Jan 27, 2016 rated it did not like it
Shelves: did-not-finish
I thought I would take a break from reading this book and maybe it would get better, but I am choosing to end the misery. This is not a good book.

The initial chapters are hard to follow because the action jumps around, the explanations jump around, and the characters jump around. There are timeline issues and detail consistency issues. At times, the author gets a little preachy with social issues but they have little to do with the storyline. And there are a lot of cliche phrases.

The story
Miss Dizzy Read
Feb 23, 2015 rated it liked it
It was ok, I finished it, which I haven't managed with the past 3 books I've read, so it can't have been too bad.

I liked Reece Culver, didn't like Crystal at all, found her quite annoying, the storyline was ok, so many characters though, found it hard to know who was who and kept having to go back and check, won't say anything else about that as it may spoil book.

Might read more of his books should there be any.
Bryan Koepke
Mar 21, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)  ·  review of another edition
Richard Verry
Tom Morrison
Nov 29, 2014
Ayoub Sadni
Sep 27, 2019
Bryan Koepke grew up in Pennsylvania, Michigan, and Oklahoma, moving several times with his family. He settled in Arizona and then twenty years ago made his way north to Colorado. A private pilot, former Electrical Engineering Technician, and Aerospace Financial Analyst, Bryan decided he hadn't had enough careers yet, so he took up writing in addition to his day job back 2010.

He's a fan of too

Reece Culver Thriller (2 books)
  • Sabotage (Reece Culver Thriller #2)