Start by marking “Skin Deep (Dark Reflections, #1)” as Want to Read:
Skin Deep (Dark Reflections, #1)

Skin Deep

(Dark Reflections #1)

Being a teenager is hard. Being an overweight teenager is even harder.

Bethany Watson has tried to accept herself, but being either bullied or ignored by her peers leaves her feeling she has nothing to contribute. Worse, just as the feelings for her best friend begin to blossom into something else, another girl sets her eyes on him—someone she can’t compete with.

She discove
Published (first published April 9th 2014)

To ask other readers questions about Skin Deep, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Skin Deep

Leslie M.
Jul 17, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
** As the book description states, there is some strong language, domestic violence, and mild sexual content. It does fit the story, but this is definitely geared toward older teens+. **

I don't normally read YA paranormal stories, but the cover and description drew me in. I'm glad I decided to give this book a try, as I really enjoyed it. Bethy is a relatable heroine. The characters have normal teen drama, just with a paranormal twist. Sharp's book contains well-drawn characters and vivid descri
Shelby
This book was NOT my norm, I'm not one to read YA or paranormal (often) - but I am SO glad I grabbed this book when it was free on Amazon!
This story was so good! The writing was fantastic, the story was involved, the characters were like-able, and the paranormal angle seemed believable.
Beth is a high school senior, who is dealing with serious bullying -on a daily basis
(This is a heart-wrenching subject, that made me cringe at each occurence).
Luckily, she has a couple of friends that helped he
moxieBK
This book, despite it's important topic, just didn't do a lot for me. It's wasn't bad, per se, but I felt it bordered on being more negative than positive.

Then when you add in the paranormal aspect, it took a turn that I wasn't expecting and I felt like it went of the rails after that. Like, anything that happened after fit perfectly into her world because it was paranormal.

I think it works well, in that regard, especially since it was about a, probably, more typically proportioned gal, but it
Elizabeth
Oct 30, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I really enjoyed this book. It brings to light some of the extremes that bullies will go through to victimize someone. I also spoke about the realities the victims face when trying to confront their tormentors and the escalating violence as a result.
Though I liked the supernatural aspect of the book, I felt like that was second to the topic of bullying and abuse at school and in the home. Don't get me wrong. That did not deter me from enjoying the read at all. In fact it enhanced it because I w
Kristin Dutt
Jul 08, 2014 rated it it was amazing
This book really surprised me! I love paranormal especially demon based stories. Added a big hot topic of bullying to it was a perfect touch. This book is all over the place in a good way to be able to flow it all in together nicely.

This book is well worth a read especially free which makes it so worth it. I can't wait to see what's next in this series.

Elizabeth Sharp truly did a fantastic job on this book and is everything and more you want in a paranormal book. This book would be great for you
Wendy
Jul 20, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I always seem to get lost in Elizabeth Sharp's books. This one was no exception. This is an awesome story about an overweight teenager that is relentlessly bullied by her peers. As Bethany is finding the strength to find the positives in life, she suddenly finds herself surrounded by demons and Guardians. This book is filled with non-stop action so I found myself flying through it. (Unfortunately, the bullying incidents are very believable and heart wrenching.) So far, this is my favorite book b ...more
Desire'
Jun 06, 2014 rated it it was amazing
So, I really love this book. I love that Bethy is so easy to relate to. I wish there were more books like this. There is the normal teenage trials (similar to what I went through) and the paranormal aspect. I love this book. I can't even begin to explain my excitement. If I didn't work all day I would have read this book in one sitting. :)
Jessie
Nov 14, 2014 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Great storyline. execution was a bit bumpy. scenes didn't end before the next one started and things were somewhat muddy in description. I liked it well enough to read the first time but probably not again.
Heidi
Jul 02, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Amazing. I left my full review on Amazon. I loved this story
diana piatt
Jun 28, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
IT WAS GOOD BOOK

I would recommend it to who was bullying.She did great job with this book. That why I gave four star
E.L. Taylor
Jul 09, 2014
Tracey
Jan 23, 2015
Tabitha Bailey
rated it did not like it
May 01, 2018
Courtney Tulin
Jan 22, 2015
Shaylynn Joy  Blevins
Oct 31, 2014
A. Gorman
Aug 16, 2014
Elizabeth Sharp is the pen name used by Donna Dull. A full time mom and part dreamer, Donna is addicted Facebook while still recovering from her Dr. Pepper problem. A self-proclaimed techno geek, she loves cell phones, computers, tablets and all things technological. The internet has to be the greatest invention since the wheel, in her opinion. She lives in a quiet subdivision with her husband, yo ...more

Dark Reflections (2 books)
  • Hidden Depths (Dark Reflection, #2)