Start by marking “Betting the Billionaire” as Want to Read:
Betting the Billionaire

Read Excerpt* *Different edition

Betting the Billionaire

If that man calls her one more time… So what if Gabe Campos is a model-dating billionaire who gets Keisha Jacobs hotter than a Ferrari’s engine on the straightaway? He keeps pushing her to sell her family’s furniture business, but she’ll never give in—not unless she wants to give her father a second heart attack.

All Gabe should be thinking about is how he’ll finally get
Published April 21st 2014 by Entangled: Indulgence (first published June 13th 2011)

To ask other readers questions about Betting the Billionaire, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Betting the Billionaire

Start your review of Betting the Billionaire
Julie
Apr 03, 2014 rated it really liked it
Betting the Billionaire by Avery Flynn is an Entangled: Indulgence publication scheduled for a late April 2014 release. I was provided a copy of this book in exchange for an honest review.

Keisha Jacobs is working at her father's furniture business until she hears back about an interior decorating job she is bursting with excitement about. Her cousin has nearly completed his training and will be taking over for Keisha soon. In the meantime, Keisha is having to do battle with a Billioniare, named
Sheryl C. Nash
I call DIBS ON GABE!!!! He literally made me

*ARC courtesy of Netgalley and Entangled Publishing*
Monique Pearson
Liked, not loved.

I enjoyed the premise and the story could have been super hot, but it was rushed. It was like the last half the writer got in a hurry to finish and skipped a bunch of potentially explosive scenes.
Shelly
Apr 02, 2014 rated it really liked it
This novella by Flynn is a sexy, fun and fast read. Certainly a story worth reading. Keisha Jacobs has been taking calls from Gabe Campos for the last six months. These are not friendly - I wanna get to know you calls. They’re more the – I’m offering to buy your father’s business – calls that escalated to an in-person visit from Gabe at the worse possible time, during a snow storm. It turns out Gabe doesn’t know a lot about cars, even reading the gauges, and is forced to spend some unplanned ...more
Sapphyria
Mar 26, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I'll skip the normal play-by-play I give of the books I review since the novella's synopsis sums things right up.

Avery Flynn does a fantastic job drawing readers into her novella, Betting the Billionaire. From the very first page readers will be enchanted by Keisha Jacobs. She's an interior designer who helps run her family's furniture business, and she works on her own classic car. She's a normal, everyday kind of girl that has dreams of leaving her town, and the furniture business, behind to
Caroline
Apr 03, 2014 rated it really liked it
Billionaire playboy Gabe Campos has a personal grudge against a small-town interior design company managed by Keisha Jacobs, the daughter of Dell, the disabled owner. Knowing how much the company means to him, she refuses to sell.

In the middle of a snowstorm Gabe’s Aston Martin runs out of gas and he squishes through the freezing slush to a car repair shop which, surprise, surprise, happens to be Keisha’s home. Recognition turns to loathing turns to attraction. We have all the makings of a
Tash
May 03, 2014 rated it liked it
Shelves: e-arc
Reviewed for Confessions From Romaholics

This is a quick read that would be perfect for a cold day that you can get yourself lost in for a couple of hours to warm yourself up. I’m not completely happy with the book considering some the amazing books I have read from Entangled recently. There lack of details here , the story is focusing mainly on the present and only relevant parts of the past. I would love to find out more about certain things.
The plot is something new and has nice little twist
Linda
Apr 18, 2014 rated it really liked it
Betting the Billionaire was a quick and cute erotic read with good characters and juicy sex scenes.

The story drew me in right away as I could relate to Keisha Jacobs who had put her own dreams on hold as she was driven by a strong feeling of responsibility to her father to keep the furniture business he had poured his life into afloat. She thought she would finally be free to pursue her own aspiration of being an interior designer when her cousin took over running the business. That dream
Adria's Musings and Reviews
May 06, 2014 rated it really liked it
Originally posted on Adria's Romance Reviews
* I received a copy of this book in exchange for an honest review.

Well who would have thought that the furniture making industry could be the setting for such a sexy romance? Not me that’s for sure!

I really enjoyed Avery Flynn’s Betting the Billionaire. It was a quick, fun read that didn’t skip out on the sexy goodness between the characters. There was a lot of sexual tension between Gabe and Keisha as well as some great snarky moments.

Keisha was car
Naima Simone
Apr 02, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Can I just say I love novellas? Because sometimes you're just in the mood for a good book you can read in a day and that makes you feel good. The best novellas can deliver a complete story with wonderful characters who you see grow from the beginning of the book to the end. Betting the Billionaire had all of that and more. Now I have to confess...I went into reading BTB a little biased because I adore Avery Flynn's voice from "High Heeled Wonder". She's just funny! And I was not disappointed in ...more
Margaret
Mar 26, 2014 rated it really liked it
This was a quick, fun read that had a bit of humor, a bit of steam, a bit of a mystery, and a whole lot of sexy alpha billionaire male! Keisha and Gabe were both great characters. I love a strong heroine who stands up for what she believes in and can give as good as she gets, and Keisha was all that and more. Watching her put her dreams on hold to help her father to keep the family business running had me loving her all the more and hoping even harder that she would get the chance to live her ...more
Pam
Mar 29, 2014 rated it really liked it
This is a fun short story full of humor, a romp in a barn and a sexy billionaire. I have read several books by Ms. Flynn and have enjoyed them all.

Keisha Jacobs is trying to move on with her life, it is unfortunate that her family has issues that seem to keep her in this small town. Her family owns Jacob’s Fine Furniture, started by her father Dell years ago, a business that he wants passed down to others in his family. Her father recently suffered a stroke and she does not want to upset him too
Zarith dol
Mar 31, 2014 rated it it was amazing
ARC given by the author for an honest review
I love the first book I read from the author (High-heeled warrior). So when ask to review her new book, I squeal with delight. Let's just say her book do not disappoint ;5 stars review with thumbs up approval.
The story start with an offer from the hero, a billionaire playboy Gabe tried to buy out the heroine Keisha her family-based furniture store. For a rich guy gunning for a small town enterprise, do attract unwanted questions, but their phone-talk
WTF Are You Reading?
Betting The Billionaire is one of the first multicultural offerings that this reviewer has encountered within the Indulgence imprint. I must also add that I am impressed.
Kiesha is a strong and opinionated character, unafraid to speak her mind. Her Achilles' heel?
Her need to do and be for everyone but herself.

As it turns out...her male counterpart in this scenario has a bit of the same savior complex.

He also, as it turns out has a yen for revenge. In his cross hairs...Kiesha's father.

This book
Deb
Apr 27, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Betting the Billionaire is an sexy short read sure to make your insides turn to mush. Avery Flynn does a decadent romance like no one else can.

Gabe is a all around sexy self-made billionaire with way too much testosterone at times. What can I say I enjoyed that as much as his quirky side. Losing a father can never be easy for a child, but seeking revenge is not the easiest thing either. Can Gabe find what he is after, to finally have the peace he seeks?

Keisha is as stubborn as she is loving. I
Nina
Apr 01, 2014 rated it really liked it
I haven't read anything from Avery Flynn and am so glad to discover this author who is new to me!

Betting the Billionaire was a nice and fun contemporary romance that immediately hooked my interest from the very first page. I'm not going into a summary of the story because the blurb already does that & with the book being so short I don't want to give away any spoilers.

Gabe and Keisha were nice and lively characters. They had a good connection with sparks and although their story was short,
AlligatorSmith loves to read
Gabe has a grudge against Keisha's father, and Keisha's is holding down the fort at her father's furniture making business because of her father's illness that she feels guilty about. They've been negotiating Gabe's purchase of the business for the last six months, or more to the point, Gabe has been calling two or three times a week wanting to buy out the business, but Keisha and her dad are not interested.

Gabe finally makes the trek to town trying to convince them to sell, but he does so in a
Jasmyn
Apr 28, 2014 rated it really liked it
When Gabe Campos tries to take over Jcobs Furniture he gets into a lot more than he can handle. Keisha is not going to let her father's company go without a fight, and she just doesn't understand why Gabe would want it so much. Keisha is quite a girl - she builds furniture, is a car fanatic, and love to interior design. I love it when a character has such a diverse group of interests.

Gabe has a purpose and he isn't the type to deviate once he sets his mind on something. But Keisha is more of an
Nicola
Apr 01, 2014 rated it really liked it
Betting the Billionnaire was a thoroughly enjoyable read, with endearing characters and an enemies to lovers storyline which is never a bad thing; can't beat a bit of sexual tension and build-up to the main event.

As much as I liked it, and I really did (I ignored the housework as I couldn't put it down), what I call the curse of the novella struck; just as I had become completely invested in Gabe and Keisha (particularly Gabe, the man was delectable), the end abrubtly arrived leaving me with an
Vicki Fischer
Apr 11, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Reading one of Avery Flynn's books is like watching a movie. Her writing style brings the characters to life and holds your attention until the story concludes.

BETTING THE BILLIONAIRE is a non stop read!

Right from the start , Gabe Campos the "get anything he wants" irresistibly handsome billionaire is relentlessly pursuing the purchase and takeover of a family owned business, Jacob's Fine Furnishing.

Keisha Jacobs, the stunning sultry daughter who is watching over the family business since her
Tory Michaels
Apr 17, 2014 rated it liked it
I'm giving this book a 3-star and a very very short review. I'm not entirely sure why I didn't particularly care for this book, but I think I just never connected with the characters.

Part of it was definitely Gabe. I really didn't care for his condemnatory attitude and jump-to-conclusions way of thinking. He seriously should have taken more time rather than throwing everything he had into ruining someone's business. I think Keisha's a bit of a fool for moving beyond that as quickly as she did.

MsChris1161
Mar 28, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: own, ebook, reviewed
BETTING THE BILLIONAIRE by Avery Flynn was such a fun, sexy little read! Gabe and Keisha start off as enemies fighting for family honor, but can't seem to ignore an attraction so off the charts it comes through across the phone lines. They both get all prickly and try to deny it to themselves and to their friends, but an accidental meeting catches them both off guard and makes them face facts. They are hot for each other and it doesn't really matter who their family is or what their best ...more
Sharrice
Betting the Billionaire is a cute read.

Kiesha just wants a life of her own away from her fathers family wood-shop to make her own way as an interior designer. However, sacrificing what she wants has always been her thing especially when it's her family involved. Getting calls from Gabe Campos multiple times a week with him trying to buy her families place from her is so not going to happen on her watch, no matter how sexy he sounds over the phone.

Gabe has been wanting to meet Kiesha since he
Kim Reads (Read Your Writes Book Reviews)
Reviewed by Kim
for Read Your Writes Book Reviews

Betting the Billionaire was a quick enjoyable read. I loved the fact that this was an interracial romance. Gabe Campos and Keisha Jacobs are great characters and not at all what you’d expect.

When Gabe finds out about his biological father’s death, he blames Keisha’s father. He make it his mission to bring the man and his business to their knees. Gabe just isn’t prepared to fall for Keisha with just her phone voice. Gabe decides to pay Keisha a face
Rachel
Mar 29, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Hot billionaire, check. Sassy heroine, check. Throw both together in a snow storm and what do you get ? A fun, hot, fantastic read from the awesome Avery Flynn.

Add in a potential hostile takeover, a dream job offer, a challenge, a life change realisation and you have a novella that will hook you from the first page and have you reading till you are done.

The sparks fly between Keisha and Gabe but so does the snark. That line between love and hate is fine indeed.

" Something about sparring with
Melody  May (What I'm Reading)
Posted on What I'm Reading

You know how sometimes a novella has you aching for more and other times it was nice quick read. Well, Betting the Billionaire is the latter. Don't get me wrong it wasn't a bad read and the writing was good. However, I just didn't connect with the characters. I happen to enjoy a revenge plot. However, I just didn't feel like there was enough bitterness for a revenge plot. A lot of the story stems from not knowing all the facts. I like Keisha and loyalty to her family.
Emily
Apr 13, 2014 rated it really liked it
I was given an ARC in exchange for my fair and honest review.

Betting the Billionaire is probably about a 3.5 for me, but I could never give Avery Flynn less than a 4. She writes such steamy little treats for her readers, but never takes herself too seriously and has a wit I very much enjoy.

Keisha and Gabe are great characters, my biggest complaint about this story is I didn't know enough about them to get attached the way I usually do to Flynn's characters. If anything, this story felt a little
Mele
Apr 22, 2014 rated it really liked it
This novella is a fun ride through the snowy Virginia mountains with Gabe and Keisha. Keisha is running her family furniture business while dreaming of moving to the big city to become an interior designer. Gabe is seeking revenge for his father by putting Keisha's family out of business. These two have been negotiating over the phone for six months and when Gabe jumps in his car to see the woman whose voice has tantalized him for the last six months things are not what he expected or what they ...more
Carmen Falcone
Mar 26, 2014 rated it it was amazing
What a fabulous novella, folks!

I love when I read books that grab me from start to finish, and that was the case. I love Keisha & Gabe's story! She is a strong, smart, relatable heroine and he is a DASHING hero… rich, he speaks tons of languages and he has the body of a Greek God! :D

He wants to buy her father's furnishing store and all she wants is a way out of Salvation so she can start her own life, without taking care of everyone around her.

Confession -- at the end of Chapter Four, I
Cheryl Sanders
Mar 30, 2014 rated it really liked it
Keisha's father had a stroke, so she's taken over the struggling family furniture business to help out. Gabe Campos found out some news about a man he didn't know was his biological father and that he used to be in business with Keisha's father, Dell Jacobs. From the information on the police report, Gabe believes Dell was inadvertently responsible for the accident that took his fathers life. Now he's out for revenge. The one thing he didn't count on was the intense attraction he'd have for ...more
« previous 1 3 next »
Prizes, Fun & Hot Dudes!!! 1 3 Apr 08, 2014 01:37PM
Get Lost in a Story: Gossip, fashion advice, exposés. 1 5 Feb 24, 2014 06:21AM
New Name: Same Book 1 2 Apr 06, 2012 07:55AM
New name, Same Book 1 4 Apr 06, 2012 07:54AM
RT Book Reviews Give A Dry Creek Bed 4 Stars: "Molten Hot" 1 2 Jan 04, 2012 06:48AM
"Quirky, funny and full of action" - Single Title Reviews 1 4 Jul 21, 2011 12:59PM
What Book Is That: Eager to Read Next book 1 3 Jul 11, 2011 07:35PM

• Wild Open Hearts (Bluewater Billionaires)
  • What's Your Sign?
  • Kiss Me Tonight (Kiss Me, #2)
  • The Mogul and the Muscle (Bluewater Billionaires)
  • Undercover Love
  • Beauty and the Greek Billionaire
  • The One Night Stand Before Christmas (Reindeer Falls, #3)
  • Breaking the Billionaire's Rules
  • The Accidental Girlfriend
  • Kiss Me Again (Kiss Me, #3)
  • Finn (Anderson Billionaires, #1)
  • If You Give A Jerk A Gingerbread (Reindeer Falls, #2)
  • Master Baker
  • Meant to Be (Townsend #3)
  • For Keeps (Townsend Series #4)
  • The Price Of Scandal (Bluewater Billionaires)
  • Code of Conduct (Cipher Security, #1)
  • Enamored (Accidental Billionaires #3)
“Keisha said... I'm going to ride you so hard you might regret seeking shelter here.

Gabe replied... IF you don't, I'm gonna need to go back out and throw myself into a snowbank just to cool off”
1 likes
“I’ve been practicing serial monogamy with one loser after another since I was eighteen. You can’t deny I’m an asshole magnet.” 0 likes