Start by marking “Finding Haven” as Want to Read:

Finding Haven

Power. Money. Control. Love.
He has all but one.

When movie star, Evan Carlson, discovers his girlfriend’s picture with another man splashed on the cover of gossip magazines, he decides he’s had enough of his fishbowl life and attempts to outrun the media frenzy his relationships have become. Driving until the road stops, he ends up on the remote and quaint Perry Island, whe
Published May 15th 2014 (first published May 10th 2014)

To ask other readers questions about Finding Haven, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Finding Haven

Sophie  **2 Greek Girls Reading**
**3.5 Darlin' stars**

Evan is a well known Texan actor and a super star. Being fed up by the press who intrudes in his life, after a personal matter hits the fan, he decides to get lost and stay hidden. Without a clear plan on his mind, he drives until he reaches Perry Island. There , he is relieved that no one recognizes him and makes a plan to change his identity, claiming that he's Jay the writer. For him this is a chance to live incognito a peaceful summer and a break away from publicity.

H
Arlene
Jan 28, 2015 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: adult, read-2015, romance
Rating Clarification: 3.5 Stars

Fun story that would be a perfect beach side read since it takes place during the summer on a quaint island. Finding Haven is my first experience with T.A. Foster and I really enjoyed her story and characters. I can't wait to pick up the next installment!

In Finding Haven, Evan Carlson decides to take a break from Hollywood after he discovers that the glory of being a famous actor comes at a heavy price. When he finds out his girlfriend isn't being faithful and the
Bethany
Jan 21, 2015 rated it liked it
Shelves: arc
3.5 Stars

photo Finding Haven_zpsa00dopnx.jpg

I enjoyed Finding Haven; it was a nice and easy love story. There wasn’t a lot of drama or instant love connection. The story started off with a slower build and brought the characters together naturally. I usually don’t like to wait till about 20% into the book for the characters to really have any interaction with each other but I didn’t mind in Finding Haven. It gave us time to really get to know the two characters before jumping into any kind of relationship. It was a nice change.

M
Angie Elle
May 18, 2014 rated it really liked it
***This book was provided by the author in exchange for an honest review.***

I really enjoyed this book. One of my favorite things about this author is that she can write a sweet story without a ton of drama, and I think that’s a rare find in the New Adult genre.

Evan and Haven were both likable characters. He was trying to distance himself from the Hollywood lifestyle he’d sort of fallen into while she was desperate to break into the music business. When their paths cross, sparks fly!

I really lik
Anne OK
Oct 12, 2015 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2015-reads
The story of Haven and Evan that begins here continues in "Red Lines." I've decided to do one review to cover both upon my completion of reading it.

Cute and sexy fun and an easy read. I always like the trope where a movie star finds solace in the arms of a stranger to Hollywood -- especially when she has no idea who he really is.
LA Spiez
May 26, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: five-star-reads
"I am only on this damn ferry because I thought it was what you wanted, but I will do anything to make you happy again. If that means leaving or if that means staying." He tucked her hair behind her ear. "You, Haven, are the one in control." Evan Carlson

Haven Owen has lived her entire life on Perry Island. The only time she left was when she went to college for four years. Then she came back and her dad expected her to make her career at the general store that he owns. Haven has much bigger aspi
FicCentral
centralpickshijackedbyysar

When athlete turned actor Evan Carlson's girlfriend cheats on him, and the media pounces, he hits the road. And when the road ends, he hits the ferry, ending up in the Outer Banks, where life is calm, and the locals don't give him a second glance. But his solitary retreat takes an unexpected turn when he finds himself applying for job at the local grocery and working side by side with the owner's lovely daughter. It's a different world than the studio lights of L.A., but it's everything — she‘s
Michelle Schroer
4.5 shining STARS!!!

I really liked this book! It was sweet and heart-warming. A truly perfect day-at-the-beach book! But there were certainly moments of omigosh. Moments that were steamy and moments that still hang in my mind! I find that the books I consistently rate at 4.5 and above have great characters. The characters you want to be besties with. The guys and gals that could live right next door in Anywhere, USA. This book has exactly that!!

Haven. Don't you love that name?! She's just finish
Camille
Apr 25, 2015 rated it liked it
Shelves: 2015

Everyone needs a break right? They need to get away from the stress of work, relationships and everything else and be able to rediscover themselves and why they chose the position they're in in the first place.

Artists need that too. Especially Evan Carlson, the up-and-rising actor of the decade.

He goes on the ultimate road trip of his life. Without the press, his manager, escaping the hardships of his work and finding himself at the very remote and quaint island, Perry Island. He finds solace in
Carra
Feb 20, 2015 rated it it was amazing
With characters that have depth, a storyline that keeps you drawn in and wonderful writing, T.A. Foster offers an engaging story that any romance reader will enjoy.

Evan, our male lead-he's a famous actor who just needs a break from it all after his actress girlfriend is discovered with someone else. Evan comes across as sweet, friendly and of course deliciously hot and sexy, making for the perfect book boyfriend. Haven, our female lead, is just graduated from college and working at her family's
Kim
May 05, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Movie star Evan Carlson is sick of the media circus that his life has become, and after pictures of his equally famous girlfriend with another man are splashed all over the gossip magazines, he takes off on his own to disappear and get away from it all for a while. Without a particular destination in mind, he finds himself on a small out island in the Outer Banks and goes incognito camping out as author Jay Grady.

Haven Owen has had a taste of life off the island during her 4 years of college, an
Ashley Shepard
May 05, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Evan Carlson is running away from his life after seeing pictures of his girlfriend with another man are splashed all over the media. He ends up on Perry Island and tries his best to blend in with the locals, which seems as though it is easier that what he originally thought possible. Here he meets Haven Owen, who is working at her family’s hardware store. Haven is an inspiring songwriter and just wants off of the island to start her life.

Evan hates seeing Haven upset so takes a job at the hardw
Jodie's W.I.N.E. List
Feb 26, 2015 rated it it was amazing
He's running away from his present, escaping all the media craziness, taking a break from reality. She's stuck working at her parents' store for another summer, dreaming of escaping to become a songwriter. The idea of this story caught my attention. The grass is always greener kind of thing. But it was the characters and writing that kept my attention.

I honestly had mixed feelings for Evan. Part of my felt compassion, all the negative attention regarding his girlfriend would be enough to make me
Kristi
Jan 30, 2015 rated it liked it
Finding Haven

This is a sweet, endearing read. The first book I read from this author, once I got connected to the storyline and got to know the characters a bit more, I really enjoyed it. While it started out slow for me, once the characters connected and the story started building up, I enjoyed it more.

I love to day dream. One of my recurring dreams includes what if I met a famous actor and we fell in love! This story is the basis of my day dream. A hunky, southern actor wants out of the spotli
Barb Shuler
4.5*

First I must thank Inkslinger PR and T.A. Foster for providing an ARC of Finding Haven. As I looked through the sign ups this one caught my eye. Mainly the title. When I read the blurb it reminded me of the movie Safe Haven in a way. Someone running from who they were to a place no one would expect to find them. And I have to say, I loved it. It was an easy, and fun read.

*** small spoiler alert***

Evan Carlson, Texan and movie actor turned runaway is having a bad day. (Had to throw the whole
Liana Smith Bautista | Will Read for Feels
Rating: 3.5 stars
Disclaimer: I received this book for free in exchange for an honest review. This does not affect my opinion of the book or the content of my review.

A summer romance. A hot movie star for a hero. An artsy girl trying to find her place in the world for a heroine. It sounds like a fun read, doesn’t it? And this is what I thought when I decided to join the book tour for T.A. Foster’s new adult romance, Finding Haven, which is available for free for a limited time only.

When I got my
Romance and Fantasy for Cosmopolitan Girls
Romance and Fantasy for Cosmopolitan Girls
Finding Eden è il primo libro di una mini serie, il cui secondo Red Lines è già stato recensito in questo blog....quindi attenzione agli spoilers!!!

Evan, il nostro protagonista, è una movie star americana di grande successo. E' talmente famoso da essere circondato continuamente da paparazzi e belle ragazze. I suoi film hanno sbancato al botteghino in un modo tale da permettergli di comprarsi un immenso ranch in Texas, assumere una schiera di assistenti e
Kimberly (Kimmy Loves to Read)
**ARC received in exchange for an honest review.**

I have never read any of T.A. Foster's books, but I received an email asking for bloggers to review it, so I took a chance. I am so glad that I did because I was pleasantly surprised and I really enjoyed this book! There was hardly any drama (except for at the end) and overall it is a very lighthearted read.

Evan Carlson is a famous movie star and after his girlfriend cheats on him, he just wants to get away from everything. So Evan gets in his ca
Casey
May 17, 2014 rated it liked it
Review originally posted at Ramblings From This Chick

After reading a few of T.A. Foster's books, I have become a fan of hers so I was really excited when I saw that she had a new book coming out. Finding Haven really intrigued me with its cover and blurb, and I couldn't wait to get to know the movie star Evan. This book was good and enjoyable, but it wasn't my favorite book of hers. I really liked the characters, and I thought that the story was good but it just fell a bit short for me.

After his
Jenea Whittington
Apr 23, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A short time ago, I was part of the cover reveal for Finding Haven, and loved the cover. I’ve read a couple of book recently by Foster, and I like her writing style, so I was anxious to read this one as well. And I really enjoyed it, it is refreshing with characters that I fell for and wanted to root for all the way.

Haven is a recent graduate, but finds herself back in the one place she doesn’t want to be. Working at the family store on Perry Island, a tourists town. She has dreams of writing mu
T.H. Hernandez
Fresh out of college, Haven Owen is working off her student debt at the family general store on a small North Carolina island. Evan Carlson is the most eligible bachelor in America, driving away from the limelight until he runs out of road and ends up on a ferry to Perry Island. When Haven's co-worker, Travis, suddenly quits, Evan, posing as reclusive writer, Jay, steps in to take his place. Evan and Haven begin a summer romance that is headed for trouble.

Plot
The plot centers around the romance
Gemma Weir
Feb 17, 2015 rated it really liked it
Check out more of my reviews on my blog http://gemmareadstoomuch.co.uk

Finding Haven is a standalone novel by T.A. Foster, I first encountered this author when I read a book called Written in The Sand which is co written by T.A. Foster and Mary-Kathryn Craft it was adorable here’s a link to my review. So when I was offered a review copy of Finding Haven I jumped at the chance.

This book is set on the idyllic Perry Island, which is also the setting for Written In The Sand so I did kind of expect th
Becca Moree
Jan 22, 2015 rated it liked it
I was very excited to get my hands on Finding Haven and even though the rating is 5 stars (BTW if we did half stars this one would totally be a 3.5!)...I wasn't disappointed. This was a very sweet love story that kept me wanting more. I am already dying to get my hands on the next book in the series! (Oh yeah...and read the book before this one about Evan lol you guys know I read books all out of order :D)

So the basic story line here is that pretty boy awesome big time actor runs away from Holly
Heather / Obsessed With Myshelf
Finding Haven is the epitome of a sweet love story. Two strangers collide in the most innocent of ways, fall in love, fall apart, and ultimately accept each other for who they each really are. I LOVES IT.

There’s not a ton of unnecessary drama in this book and I really appreciated that. The story progresses thoughtfully – each scene pushes the story along to give it purpose on the whole. I appreciated that there isn’t a lot of screaming, yelling, over analyzing and crying (there are plenty of boo
Jamie  Zishka
Feb 27, 2015 rated it really liked it
Finding Haven was the beginning of Haven and Evan's story, we learned there ending in Red Lines a few weeks ago so pick up this book so you can see where there whirlwind romance started. I would give this book a 4 star and recommend to many others. Evan will steal your heart and melt your panties all in one swoop. T.A. Foster did a brilliant job of bringing the realness out in these characters and you just felt like you were apart of there lives for a few hours and that my fellow Divas is a huge ...more
Michelle
**See this full review and more at http://bookbriefs.net**

Finding Haven is a sweet and heartwarming new adult romance. It was a satisfying read. I am a big fan of T.A. Foster. I loved T.A.'s previous two book, London Falling and then loved Kissing Eden even more, so I had pretty high expectations for Finding Haven. Did it live up? Yes, but not as much as I wanted it to. Don't get me wrong, I really, really liked Finding Haven, but Evan and Haven didn't have the same spark that Foster's previous
Shanoff Reads
Mar 05, 2015 rated it really liked it
**I received a copy for an honest review.**

This was sweet and a tad steamy, beach summer romance. I liked the characters and their stories. I enjoyed getting to know the depths of their characters and how their story would unfold. This is pretty much your typical Hollywood heartthrob that has had enough of his fishbowl life and wants to find something meaningful, although not necessarily in a woman, just something different.

What Evan didn't expect was to be attracted to the island general store
Beatriz Perez
Feb 11, 2015 rated it really liked it
This was a great read!!

I really liked this story. This is the perfect beach side read. Sweet, romantic, and great summer vibes. I really liked the characters and the story. It's well written and the description of the places on the book, makes you feel as if you were in the island with the characters.

Evan is a hot, movie star. The book begins with him embarking on a no destination road trip. Something has happened in his personal life and he is running away. Throwing caution out the window and
Kim
Find this review and more at kimberlyfaye reads .

Evan is looking for an escape from the chaos of his life. He disappears from the radar and winds up on Perry Island, where he meets Haven. He doesn't divulge his true identity and becomes known as "Jay" to her. He's neither an ex-football player nor a movie star, but a regular who's around for the summer and has applied for a job to help at her family's store. Sure, she can tell he's keeping something from her, but that doesn't stop them from bec
Danielle from Short and Sassy
May 28, 2014 rated it really liked it
Evan Carlson is a super hot and in demand movie star. One day he decides to give it all up and run away. He has had enough of the Hollywood life. He is sick of his personal life all over the newspapers and seeing his girlfriend cheating on him while she is on a movie set. Evan just wants to be a plain Jane (I mean Joe) for a while.

Evan gets in his car, not knowing where he is headed and just drives. Evan ends up in a small town on the ocean. Life is easy here. There is no one hounding him. Evan
  • Up In Flames: Body Heat\Caught in the Act
  • Sweet Obsession (Windy City Kink, #1)
  • Can't Always Get What You Want
  • Sinful Surrender (Aegis, #0.6)
  • Perfect 10
  • Shattered (Shade, #3.5)
  • Hold Me Close (The O'Learys, #6)
  • Wreck You (Coldcreek, #3)
  • Shaken Not Stirred (Mixology, #1)
  • Learning the Ropes (Rodeo #3)
  • Coach Maddie and the Marine
  • Son of Set (Descendants of Isis #2)
  • Perfect for You
  • Devils Among Us
  • Serpent's Kiss (Dragonfire #10)
  • Just a Number
  • The Fall (The Siren, #2)
  • Goddess in Time (Oh. My. Gods., #2.5)
T.A. Foster is a Southern girl whose heart and spirit are connected to the beach. She grew up catching rays and chasing waves along the North Carolina Outer Banks and now resides in the state with her adventurous pilot husband, three children and canine kiddos.

Her long love affair with books started at an early age, and as soon as she was able, she transformed imaginative stories into words on pa