Start by marking “Worth (Bend Anthology)” as Want to Read:
Worth (Bend Anthology)

Worth

(Bend Anthology)

This novella is to be released as part of the Erotica Consortium's anthology - BEND.

An injured Roman Tribunus finds comfort in the touch of the slave commanded to tend to his wounds. As a slave, her value is measured as a couple of coins, but as Tribunus Faustus learns more about her, he begins to understand her true worth. Still, a man of his station can never acknowledge
ebook, First, 58 pages
Published May 5th 2014 by Shay Savage, LLC

To ask other readers questions about Worth, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Worth

Start your review of Worth (Bend Anthology)
Shurrn
A Historical Romance with a touch of heat...
“Are you not here to give me comfort?”
“Yes, Faustus.” She looked at me.
“Then do you believe my length not enough to desire?” Again I raised an eyebrow and granted her half a smile.
“No!” she exclaimed in near-panic. “You are… quite grand.”
Shay Savage writes masterful male POVs, and Worth is a captivating addition to her repertoire.

Even those readers who tend to skip over Historical Romances will find worth (Ha! See what I did there?) in this
Wendy'sThoughts
May 07, 2014 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: Shay Savage Fans, Everyone!
4 Weighing the Scales of What Someone is Worth Stars
* * * *
From the beginning, there has always been those who felt the need to label, to separate, and create the haves and the have-nots. It didn't matter when in history...these dividers seemed to happen. Maybe it is the power and need of mankind but the question of what is someone worth has never changed. The semantics may have changed and it may not be as out there as it once was in other times and cultures... but it is still there.

Yet with
Lucia
Mar 28, 2014 rated it liked it
3.5 STARS

When popular warrior commander Tribunus Faustus is wounded, slave girl Aia is appointed to take care of him and help him heal. What kind of "distractions" will Faustus require from beautiful shy slave? And what is a true worth of this exceptional girl?

Standalones erotic novellas are tricky. It takes talented author to make insta-lust believable and realistic. Shay Savage did it.

But what really makes this novella special is time period in which this story takes place in. Ancient Rome,
Michelle
Apr 23, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 01-signed
Worth is a novella only available within the Anthology from the authors of The Erotic Consortium. The anthology will be available for a limited time. Bend.

Screenshot_3

Lucius has been injured in battle and while bedridden and kept from battle he finds himself drawn to the slave left to care for his wounds. Aia was bartered into a life of slavery as a child, her place is set in stone; her worth was determined long ago. But there is something about her that Lucius can't escape, he knows he must have her,
Al George
Apr 16, 2017 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 02-free
I have no idea what happened - but I read a book totes different than everyone else

don't know

Like this whole rethinking slavery? I didn't get that. There was no great epiphany or social discourse that I was led to believe would happen. At least based on what other's have said.

Perhaps I did the blink and miss it. Perhaps I'm no good at reading between the lines. Oh well. I'm gonna step out on a limb and say Ms. Savage probably writes for someone other than myself.
Elaine
Mar 28, 2014 rated it it was amazing

4.5 Worthy Stars

I just wish there was more...loved it...

photo 10277565_680390465357614_5124669258564747117_n_zps0f8a71ea.jpg

Another man's slave may warm the bed of a Tribunus, but should never be allowed to warm his heart. She has not the Worth.

An injured soldier.
A beautiful woman.
A law broken.
Are his desires worth the cost?

WORTH by Shay Savage will be available on May 5th, but only as part of the Bend anthology.
❃**✿【Yasmine】✿**❃
3.5 stars. Historical isn't really something i enjoy, though it was a little lovely, felt cut a little short too.

Sm
Paloma *The Romance Queen*
May 08, 2014 rated it really liked it
Seriously...few people can top Shay Savage when it comes to creative stories
Transcendence is easily one of the most creative books I've ever read
she has the ability to create stories that are so different from what is popular in the book community (NA, Etc)

And this story, was short..but didn't lack in quality
nothing was polished over...it is what it is...a short sexy novella
but this one is different than than others, in that it has the added bones of being written about the Roman times..how cool
DKristin
May 16, 2014 rated it it was ok
Shelves: own-a-copy, meh
5/9/14 - Shay Savage - Worth - 2.5 stars

Quote Love: "In this bed, I am always Lucius to you."

What I liked: It had some hot scenes in it for sure.

What could have been better: You can't use words like subligarium and then have the main character refer to his wiener as a "cock". I mean manhood, phallus, those would have been perfectly acceptable old timey words! It made things disjointed to have him use a term like "cock-out"... I need consistency. You either go all the way back in Roman times,
Patrycja
May 11, 2014 rated it really liked it
4 stars!

I really liked this one and I think it would be awesome full length novel. I would defnitely enjoy reading it!
Paula
May 06, 2014 rated it really liked it
I really enjoyed this short story.
Val ⚓️ Shameless Non-Snowflake ⚓️
Awesome writing and story as I would expect from Shay Savage...I just wish the ending hadn't been so open-ended.
Julia's Book Haven
May 13, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Loved it! I just wish it was longer, the story could have gone so many places and really blown me away if it was a full length novel I think. But I still enjoyed it very much, and I'm looking forward to what ever Shay Savage writes next.
Myla
May 23, 2015 rated it really liked it
As part of the Bend Anthology, it's short and HOT. If you want a quick read, this is worth few hours of your time.
Lucinda - I JUST LOVE TO READ
Apr 19, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: may-2014
Paganalexandria
I would have loved this more if longer.
Rhella
Dec 15, 2014 rated it liked it
Shelves: reviewed-it
3.5 Stars!

I picked this one up because I've been running across too many sh*tty books lately and I just needed a short and sweet novella to get my mind off the recent disappointment. I'm a HUGE Shay Savage fan, so I knew it wouldn't disappoint.

'Worth' truly was not bad at all. I was actually on the fence about giving it four stars to be honest. This book, if Savage had taken the time to make it longer would have rocked my socks! No doubting that, sista! The only reason this ranked 3.5 was
AnnMarie
Jul 13, 2014 rated it really liked it
Another fabulous edition to the Bend Anthology.

I found Worth a sweet erotic tale. A much gentler Savage which always worries me!

And again, much too short, would have loved for more of this story, considering the situation we were left to ponder.

The perfect novella with a full story line and true characterizations.

Humor sprinkled with erotica always makes for a good read.
Jana Aston
May 14, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Wow. I'll admit I left this to last in the Bend anthology cause I was a little apprehensive about roman times warrior stuff. I'm an idiot for doubting Shay. Worth was brilliant. And HOT. I don't know how she does it.
CC
Dec 10, 2014 rated it really liked it
3.75 stars. A good, but short read.
S.M. West
Apr 28, 2014 rated it it was amazing
4.5 WORTHY STARS

Shay Savage never ceases to amaze. She transports us back to a different time and place where love, belonging and humanity are worth their weight in gold.

The story is of Lucius Faustus, a feared and revered Roman warrior, who is injured and while healing, he is cared for by Aia, a beautiful slave.

photo worth_zpsf513b01a.jpg

Throughout this novella, the importance of worth is spoken of time and time again and its relevance in so many different contexts. This original story rooted in the historical era of
Tiffany Readz
May 12, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Oh this one needs to be an entire novel! I need to know how Lucius's father would accept his mate and what will happen to them after the war. This is my second Shay Savage book, Transcendence being the first and I loved it just as much.

In Worth, we meet the Tribunous Faustus who is injured in battle. He is cared for by the slave Aia, the young, beautiful Aia that is. During the weeks of healing Faustus feels something for the girl and she the same. In these Roman Times a slave was a slave and
Khaoula
Another hypnotizing tale of love , lust , and passion !

From the ancient times of war, Shay Savage once again amazes us with yet another captivating plotline, and mesmerizing writing skills !

Lucius, a fierce roman warrier, injured, is carried to a hospital, where Aia the Beautiful slave is obliged to nurse him. the rest is history!

This was short, yet full on everything ... !

Worth is a beautiful love story, definitely a must read .

shelfs :

POV :: All Tribunus.
Cliffhanger :: Nope.
HEA :: (view spoiler)

:::

I knew going in this was quite short, but goodness. This was even shorter than I thought. And there was nothing really here. A few sex scenes, but basically no character development or much of a plot. And the ending, although it was... happy, just didn't feel complete. (view spoiler)
✦❋Arianna✦❋
Apr 23, 2014 rated it liked it
3.5 STARS

First I have to say historical romance is not my favorite genre, but this short novella was a pretty good read. I really liked the time period in which the story takes place in.

Short, but good, " Worth " tells the story of Lucius Faustus, a Roman warrior who is hospitalized after he is injured in a battle. Here he is bewitched by his nurse, a beautiful slave, named Aia. He is attracted to her, but she's only a slave.

He knows is not a good think to care for a slave, even a beautiful
Christy Wilson
May 13, 2014 rated it really liked it
Here is what I enjoyed about this story: it made me feel a bit nostalgic for the historical romances I used to devour when I was in my late teens and early twenties. Think Johanna Lindsey.

I had forgotten how enjoyable those could be; I've been more of a contemporary romance with more smut kind of reader for the past several years. So I have to say thank you for writing this story to the author.

It probably doesn't hurt that I kept thinking of Luscious - I mean Lucius - in my mind as Chris
Mariela Rmfl
May 11, 2014 rated it liked it
I liked it but I end up feeling left hanging (like Lucius would say) as Juno's tit waiting for more (suckling perhaps? :P) I know it is a novella and they're short but I just have very high expectations with every thing that Shay writes, because she is just brilliant, but in this one it all was despite hot and sexy, well it was pretty plain and I'm sure I will forget about it coming next week but hey! the ride was fun so, I hope you like this one too :).

Carmen
4.5 worth the read stars

This was so not what I am use to but I loved it! Who knew roman warrior stories could be hot? This is a new author for me and I must say Worth has made me a fan. I will be reading more books from Shay Savage.

I really hope there is more to this story!!
Robin
WOW I LOVE WARRIORS!! This was a differ read for me yet I was still captured. YASSSS Lucius is exactly how you want a warrior leader to be, a BEAST in the field and a GENTLE lover at home! Know your WORTH!
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »

• Coach (Breeding, #1)
  • Washed In Blood (Heaven's Guardians MC, #1)
  • The Endearment
  • Shadows
  • Stinger
  • Becoming Calder
  • Hostage (Criminals & Captives, #2)
  • Gods & Monsters
  • Need (Need, #1)
  • The Sweetest Oblivion (Made, #1)
  • Puddle Jumping (Puddle Jumping, #1)
  • Hold You Against Me (Stripped, #4)
  • Act Your Age
  • Come (Dirty, Dark, and Deadly, #1)
  • Cards of Love: Wheel of Fortune
  • Reasonable Doubt: Full Series (Reasonable Doubt, #1-3.25)
  • The Education of Sebastian (The Education of..., #1)
  • Burnout
Shay Savage is an independent author from Cincinnati, Ohio, where she lives with her family and a variety of household pets. She is an accomplished public speaker and holds the rank of Distinguished Toastmaster from Toastmasters International. Her hobbies include off-roading in her big, yellow Jeep, science fiction in all forms, and soccer. Savage holds a degree in psychology, and she brings a lot ...more