Start by marking “You Make Me (Blurred Lines, #1)” as Want to Read:
You Make Me (Blurred Lines, #1)

You Make Me (Blurred Lines #1)

3.55  ·  Rating details ·  5,183 Ratings  ·  468 Reviews
The guy she wants…

Growing up on the coast of Maine with a revolving door of foster siblings, Caitlyn Michaud spent one intense and passionate year falling in love with her foster brother, Heath. Then he left without a word. The betrayal devastated Caitlyn and made her vow to forget the compelling bad boy. But forgetting his sensual touch and their deep all-consuming friend
Nook, 289 pages
Published April 17th 2014 by Erin McCarthy (first published April 15th 2014)

To ask other readers questions about You Make Me, please sign up.
Jasmine Hunter Zust Yeah, it's definitely an adaptation of Wuthering Heights. I didn't realize it until the third chapter when I started comparing the names of the…moreYeah, it's definitely an adaptation of Wuthering Heights. I didn't realize it until the third chapter when I started comparing the names of the characters. lol i LOVE wuthering heights but i know this adaptation isn't going to come even close lol.(less)

Lady Vigilante (Feifei)
The book is live if you want to try it out: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00J...

4 STARS!!!

There are certain words in blurbs that set off alarms for me, and by alarms I mean the kind that make me stalk the author/publisher/PA etc…to get more info on. In the blurb for You Make Me, the words “foster brother” did it for me. I was extremely interested in seeing how this would play out and I’m really happy to say that I think this is Erin McCarthy’s best work to date: she’s written a stormy, passi
SueBee★bring me an alpha!★
 photo FreeTuXBbysb_zps5b0c2c6e.gif

FREE today on Amazon US (5/8/2015).

FREEBIES are often good for MORE than one day, I have gathered all my FREEBIES on a special shelf: Kindle-freebies (currently over 400 books)
WhiskeyintheJar/Kyraryker
1.5 stars (writing was readable)

Holy freaking buckets of New Adult shit. The DRAMA, the MELODRAMA, the POSSESSIVENESS, the ANGST, the first person pov from only heroine, just the absolute (personal taste) please go away recent fad of horrible tropes that we don't want younger women/girls to read, y'all.

I read the whole thing (some fast time skimming) but I hope no younger girls do because this is absolutely NOT how relationships should go between couples.
Hannah ◇Reader in the Rough◇
Jan 11, 2016 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Lovers of Stupid
Shelves: dnf
DNF 11%. Holy hell, Batman.

I wanted to tell him to slow it down, let me catch up, but I couldn’t because I knew why he was doing it. He was staking a claim, putting his stamp on me. Reminding himself that he had me, and Heath didn’t.

I couldn’t deny him that, not when I knew what he must have seen on my face, not when the very night Ethan had asked me to marry him, I had been distracted and emotional over someone he had never even heard me talk about. If our roles had been reversed, I would nee
Kelli C ~ Jack Sawyer's Heart
3 solid stars for the start of this series!

This is a fairly predictable read about first loves and second chances between two characters that to me were hard to really like!

Cat Michaud grew up in an unconventional home with a crazy mom, drunk brother, and foster siblings coming in and out of her life. She found her first love and true loss in the arms of an older foster kid...Heath. one day in love the next left alone.

Fast forward to a new life...away at college, making herself into a New person
Alpha Possessive Heroes
2.5

Not my cup... heroine annoyed the hell out of me! She was too dramatic that it hurts to continue reading the book. It's either she wants to be with Heath or Ethan and she couldn't make up her damn mind! Top it off that she cheated? ugh. (and yes, in my opinion she did cheat!) (view spoiler)

Heath asked her if is
Rachel Reads Ravenously
DNF @ 55%

Just not in the mood for this one I guess.
Christy LoveOfBooks

Have you ever read a book so good and hits you so deep that it was extremely difficult to get over? Well, You Make Me wasn’t like that for me; it was the unfortunate follow-up book. So as I read this book, and found myself having quite a few issues with it, I had to wonder if part of it was because I was still on a supreme high from the previous book and this just couldn't compare. I think that might have played a small part in my feelings for it, but ultimately, I think it was the book. Or me.
Michelle [Helen Geek]
12/21/2014 --

This book just didn't make a whole lot of sense. I have real issues when a book is just not realistic.

For instance:
1 -- Foster parents that have one adult on disability and the other eligible for a mental institution. And, these facts are known by the community.

2 -- Foster kids in a household for a short time and being called Foster siblings? What? Flashbacks of all the "Foster Siblings" that have passed through your household over the years. Nutzo!

3 -- A college girl remaking herse
A_Ryan
This is a modern re-telling of Wuthering Heights and although it is dark and intense, it does have a HEA ending, so don' worry there's no suicide/death/haunting ending!

Heath and Cat have been inseparable since childhood. Soul mates in every sense of the word. But then one day, the morning after they make love for the first time, Heath leaves town without a word, leaving Cat devastated. She doesn't hear from him again.

Four years later, Cat has rebuilt her life. She's in College, she is a sororit
Pamela(AllHoney)
The first book in the Blurred Lines series by Erin McCarthy. Caitlyn is in college and her boyfriend proposes to her. Just at the time she says yes, her soulmate, Heath, shows up. But Heath left her 4 years ago without a word.

I have read a few Erin McCarthy's books and have enjoyed them for the most part. I did not realize this was a New Adult when I downloaded it. I think it was a freebie to be honest. Anyway, I didn't care for it much. Too much drama and angst for my personal taste. But it wa
CasPerfitz~SLiTsReaD
3 Stars!

This would be one of those I would say "It's not you, it's me." Cause...

I did not like Caitlyn, sigh... And for a while there, I thought the story was gonna destroy Ethan's character as well, but I'm glad it didn't. I liked both Heath and Ethan... they both deserve someone better. I really love the storyline, but did not like how it went down. The problem here is Caitlyn... her reasonings and actions gave me a hell of a headache really. :(

So Caitlyn had a poor life growing up, with a cr
Nikki
Apr 10, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I can't say enough good things about this book! It was a bit of an emotional roller coaster but I was rooting for Heath throughout the whole book. It's a powerful story about finding and losing your first love and then finding it again years later. The emotion was real, so much so that I sometimes didn't know if I loved or hated Cat and Heath ( I loved them of coarse, but they were frustrating sometimes). The whole story is based on trust and how both Cat and Heath had to trust and grow into the ...more
Emily
Caitlyn Michaud had given her heart to her foster brother Heath and when she did he shattered it without a word. Heath is back and the Caitlyn he knew is long gone. Caitlyn is in college, she is dating the It guy on campus, Ethan, and they are beginning a life together. It is all interrupted when Heath tries to insert himself back into Caitlyn's life. Every carefully placed piece in Caitlyn's life is about to implode, now she finds herself leaning on Heath but can she trust him again?

This was in
Sandy Ⓢ
Nov 04, 2017 rated it it was ok
Bah!
starsaga
Oddly depressing but uplifting story
I found most of this book, extremely depressing. It seemed as if no one could catch a break in the entire book, and least of all the h and H. Whether they deserved it or not, was a different matter. The most interesting thing about this book was when at the end both Heath and Cat showed their true colors and basically walked out on each other, no matter this great love that was bigger than the ocean. I thought it was very strange that it was all fixed with a k
Linda Sims
Jul 01, 2014 rated it it was ok
TOO MUCH DRAMA

4 years ago after declaring their love for one another Cat thought that Heath and she were going to be together forever. But Heath disappeared and never contacted Cat again.

Present day Cat has reinvented herself. She's hidden from everyone her poor background and is now quite the sophisticated young woman. Her boyfriend Ethan is probably the most respected and popular guy on campus. Everything is coming up roses, when out of the blue Heath reappears.

I had high hopes for this story
evilqueen21
Apr 02, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Erin McCarthy's latest NA contemporary You Make Me hits the mark.

The Heroine Cat is striving to reinvent herself and make it on her own in college while building the life she's always wanted. In Ethan she sees the perfect future. The loving & doting boyfriend, with a ready made family that even comes with her BFF as a sister! Just as she's ready to take the next step with Ethan, her first true love Heath shows up out of the blue after disappearing abruptly without a word 4 years ago. And he
JewelsyGoolsy
May 09, 2015 rated it liked it

I'm afraid this may be an unfair, on-the-fence review as I disliked the the heroine so much, that it took away any enjoyment of the book so it's important that I make it clear that this 2.5 star rating is based on my personal taste/preferences and does not reflect on the great writing and storytelling that the author has worked hard at.

Yes, the h killed me slowly with irritation but I also GET that she's young and insecure so I really tried my hardest to empathise with her painfully n
Tasha
Apr 05, 2014 rated it it was ok
Ah, I hate to say this because I usually love anything by Erin McCarthy, but I really did not like this book.

The hero/heroine were both just awful.

Cat was a complete Mary Sue and Heath was a cliche. I couldn't find a redeeming quality between them. I don't want to spoil anything so I'll just be vague and say I actually found both their attitudes to Audrey vile and I would not be cool with my boyfriend being so dismissive of my BFF. Why do the men in current young adult romances have to be such
Carrie (Rotten Banana)

Drama-llama story, for sure. Not that that's a terrible thing, but you have to be in the mood for it. Heroine came off whiny and bratty. Hero was ok, but there really wasn't much of a backstory to get a good sense of him. McCarthy has done much better.
Tessciela
Apr 02, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Calling this book amazing would an understatement!
Sara
Apr 06, 2014 marked it as to-read
4/21/14
Cathryn
Mar 20, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: 2018-tbr-cleanup
Eh. It was ok. A little over dramatic about some nonsense. I didn’t feel the connection between the two main characters. More backstory would have been good.

The excerpt for book 2 looks promising so I might pick that up.
Liz at Fictional Candy
Soul Mates.

Are you one of the lucky people (or unlucky?) on this planet to have found the ONE person you know you are meant to be with? The one that makes your heart stop and race out of control all at the same time? That one person whose flaws are just unimportant, because your soul recognizes theirs, and to you, they are perfect?

Cat and Heath are. And I knew it right from the first page. That's how quickly Erin McCarthy drew me into You Make Me. Cat and Heath shared more than youthful attracti
Celeste
This book was originally reviewed on The Book Hookup.

**I received a copy of this book,but that did not influence the review**

A great start to a new series I can’t wait to read more of! I love Erin McCarthy’s True Believers Series so when I heard about a whole new cast of characters I was thrilled to get my hands on this.

This is a story about first love, about “the one that got away”, about that person that never got out from under your skin. It was about two people reconnecting, and finding that
Ashley
Dec 20, 2014 rated it it was ok
I have a love-hate relationship with You Make Me. I really enjoy Erin McCarthy will pretty much read anything she writes. You Make Me is the first novel in her second New Adult series and while I’ve read the other series, and now this one, I’m not sure if New Adult is the best platform for her.

You Make Me takes a lot of New Adult stereotypes and places them together in one book. There’s a love-triangle, an indecisive girl, the seemingly prerequisite bad boy, and childhood drama. I get that a lo
Crina (Reading Addict)
I received this book for a honest review! Thanks! Original post on: http://readingadd.blogspot.ro/

Well, what can I say: the cover looked hot, summery and intriguing, and the synopsis too. But I think, that I have bad luck, because it wasn't good for me.

I won't talk too much about this book, because if didn't liked it I don't want to say bad things about it, and if you'd listen to what I have to say, you'll see that I don't have too much to say. I read this novel in a couple of hours, but it bor
Paula  Phillips
Aug 24, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Growing up in a small coastal town Caitlyn and her family took in foster kids and one summer in particular Caitlyn fell in love with her foster brother Heath. They spent an amazing and passionate year together and she thought he would be her forever, that was until he vanished without a word and broke her heart. To the world , she was Cat - the easy going and free spirited girl who was in love with Heath. After he left, she went off to college and became good girl Caitlyn - sorority sister etc. ...more
Readalongs - Germany: You make me von Erin McCarthy 18 34 Oct 09, 2016 10:54AM
  • Undeniable (Undeniable, #1)
  • Songbird Caged (Songbird, #2)
  • Freeing Tuesday (Save Me, #2)
  • Part-time Princess (Royally Wed, #1)
  • Unspoken Promises (Unspoken, #2)
  • Calling California (Hunter Hill University #1)
  • Lost and Found: The Complete Series
  • What If (What If, #1)
  • Truth or Dare (Alexander Twins, #2)
  • The Boys Next Door
  • Wanting Reed (Break Me, #2)
  • Shameless
  • Wanted by You (Love in the City, #1)
  • Spin
  • Sarah Mine
  • The Trouble with Goodbye (Fairhope, #1)
  • Evil of Love
  • Under the Orange Moon (Mathews Family, #1)
USA Today and New York Times Bestselling author Erin McCarthy sold her first book in 2002 and has since written almost fifty novels and novellas in teen fiction, new adult, and adult romance. Erin has a special weakness for New Orleans, tattoos, high-heeled boots, beaches and martinis. She lives in Ohio with her family, two grumpy cats and a socially awkward dog.
More about Erin McCarthy

Blurred Lines (5 books)
  • Live for Me (Blurred Lines, #2)
  • Let Me In (Blurred Lines, #3)
  • Meant for Me (Blurred Lines, #4)
  • Breathe Me In (Blurred Lines, #5)

Romance Deals

• Protected (Deadly Secrets, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Plain Fame (Plain Fame #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Crazy Little Thing (Bell Harbor, #1)
  • Safe Haven
    $7.99 $2.99
  • The King (Masterpiece Duet, #1)
    $3.99 $1.49
  • Along the Broken Road (The Roads to River Rock, #1)
  • Avalon
    $14.99 $1.99
  • Down the Hidden Path (The Roads to River Rock Book 2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • My Kind of You (Trillium Bay #1)
  • How to Say I Love You Out Loud
    $7.09 $2.99
  • The Queen and the Cure (The Bird and the Sword Chronicles, #2)
    $5.95 $2.49
  • If You Stay (Beautifully Broken, #1)
    $8.99 $1.99
  • Moonlight Over Paris
    $10.74 $1.99
  • Crossing Hearts (Cross Creek, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Midnight Exposure (Midnight, #1)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • Burned by Her Devotion (Rogue Vows, #2)
    $2.99 $0.99
  • The Trouble with Dukes (Windham Brides, #1)
    $6.99 $2.99
  • Crossing the Line (Cross Creek #2)
  • Yours Until Dawn
    $6.74 $1.99
  • Fallen Crest Forever (Fallen Crest Series #7)
  • I See London, I See France
  • Dragonwyck
    $14.99 $1.99
  • While You Were Mine
    $4.49 $1.99
  • Falling Star (Shooting Stars, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Suddenly in Love (Lake Haven, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Seconds to Live (Scarlet Falls #3)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • Her Darkest Nightmare (The Evelyn Talbot Chronicles, #1)
    $7.99 $2.99
  • Passing His Guard (Against the Cage, #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Hour of Need (Scarlet Falls, #1)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • Minutes to Kill (Scarlet Falls, #2)
  • Sharp Edges
    $6.72 $1.99
  • Our Now and Forever (Ardent Springs, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • #Starstruck (#Lovestruck, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Beauty of Us (Fusion, #4)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Law of Moses (The Law of Moses, #1)
    $5.95 $2.49
  • Emerald (Red Hot Love #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • She Can Run (She Can Series)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • 13 Little Blue Envelopes (Little Blue Envelope, #1)
    $5.99 $1.99
  • White Heat (Firefighter Book 1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • His First and Last (Ardent Springs, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Softhearted (Deep in the Heart, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Goodbye Bride (Summer Harbor, #2)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Reed (Cold Fury Hockey, #10)
  • The Wedding Chapel
    $7.99 $1.99
  • The Raven Prince (princes trilogy)
  • Maggie's Turn
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Cover of Darkness (Suspense Series, #2)
  • Always
    $13.99 $2.99
  • After You Left
    $4.99 $1.99
  • How the Cowboy Was Won (Cupid, Texas, #6)
  • Don't Let Go
  • Magnolia Nights
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Her Last Goodbye (Morgan Dane, #2)
    $5.99 $2.99
  • Filthy Rich (Blackstone Dynasty, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Tempting the Beast (Breeds, #1; Feline Breeds, #1)
  • Saving Abby
    $4.49 $1.99
  • She Can Kill (She Can...#5)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Gone (Deadly Secrets, #2)
  • Trust in Advertising
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Fatal Pursuit (Aegis, #3)
  • Changing Lanes
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Doing It Over (Most Likely To, #1)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • One Dance with a Duke (Stud Club, #1)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • An Obsession with Vengeance (Wanted Men, #3)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Promise of Provence (Love in Provence, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Tracks of Her Tears (Rogue Winter, #1)
  • Crash (Crash, #1)
    $4.24 $1.99
  • A Matter of Grave Concern
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Duke's Holiday (The Regency Romp Trilogy, #1)
  • Stay (WAGs, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Seventh Grave and No Body (Charley Davidson, #7)
    $8.99 $2.99
  • Heat Wave
    $11.99 $1.99
  • Midnight Pleasures (Pleasures, #2)
  • Hello Love
    $5.49 $1.99
  • Be Mine Tonight  (Brotherhood of Blood, #1)
    $1.99 $0.99
  • A Darker Dream
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Someone like You (Someone to Love, #2)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Murder Notes (Lilah Love, #1)
  • Since You've Been Gone
  • The Laws of Gravity
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Dangerous Waters (Barkley Sound, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Not Quite Dating (Not Quite, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Not Quite Mine (Not Quite, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Only for You (Sugar Lake #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Salvation of Vengeance (Wanted Men, #2)
  • Stay With Me
    $8.99 $1.99
  • Fired (Worked Up, #1)
  • Things We Know by Heart
    $9.99 $1.99
  • Styxx (Dark-Hunter, #23)
    $9.99 $2.99
  • The Affair
    $18.99 $1.99
  • Someone for Me (Someone to Love, #3)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Some Kind of Hero (Troubleshooters, #17)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • How to Marry a Millionaire Vampire (Love at Stake, #1)
    $1.99 $0.99
  • The Secret of a Heart Note
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Love with a Perfect Cowboy (Cupid, Texas, #4)
  • Internet Famous
    $7.80 $2.99
  • Kissing in America
    $9.99 $1.99
  • A Love of Vengeance (Wanted Men, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Someone to Love (Someone to Love, #1)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • The Best Man (Alpha Men, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Never Love a Cowboy (Rogues in Texas, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Wrong Question, Right Answer (The Bourbon Street Boys #3)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Bent (Back to Brooklyn, #1)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Stone Cold Cowboy (Montana Men, #4)
    $6.99 $1.99
  • Suddenly Dating (Lake Haven,  #2)
  • Midnight Embrace
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Suddenly Engaged (Lake Haven #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Shadow Fall (Tracers, #9)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • She Can Hide (She Can, #4)
  • The Crush
    $7.99 $2.99
  • After the Game (The Field Party, #3)
    $10.99 $1.99
  • More to Give (Anchor Island #4)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Up to the Challenge (Anchor Island, #2)
  • The Color of Secrets
    $5.99 $2.99
  • Home to Stay (Anchor Island, #3)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Gone to Her Grave (Rogue River, #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Someone Like Her (K2 Team, #2)
  • Thrill of Love
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Not Quite Perfect (Not Quite Series, #5)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Not Quite Enough (Not Quite, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Mighty Storm (The Storm, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Not Quite Forever (Not Quite, #4)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Hellion (Wicked Wallflowers, #1)
  • Roomies
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Crazy for Her (K2 Team, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Left Drowning (Left Drowning #1)
    $5.49 $1.99
  • All I Need Is You (Thrillseekers Anonymous, #1)
  • How To Keep Rolling After a Fall
  • No Love Allowed
    $7.09 $2.99
  • Midnight Sacrifice (Midnight, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Midnight Obsession (Midnight, #4)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Midnight Betrayal (Midnight, #3)
  • Meant to Be
  • Love, Chloe
    $3.99 $1.99
“Promise me if I don’t make you happy, you’ll toss me aside, no matter how much pressure I put on you. Because even though I can be selfish, all I really want is for you to be happy.” 7 likes
“It used to bother me, that I didn't know who I was or where I came from, just that my mother was a runaway with a fake name. But when I met you none of that mattered because I figured out who I was- the man who was born to love you.” 5 likes