Start by marking “Fortune's Bride (Brides of Montclair, #3)” as Want to Read:
Fortune's Bride (Brides of Montclair, #3)

Fortune's Bride

(Brides of Montclair #3)

Graham Montrose is widowed after only three months of marriage. He becomes the guardian of a 13-year-old Avril. At her coming out party, he realizes his love for his ward.
Published May 29th 1990 by Zondervan Publishing Company (first published February 1st 1987)

To ask other readers questions about Fortune's Bride, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Fortune's Bride

Alisha
Dec 30, 2017 rated it liked it
The feeling of nostalgia is strong for me in this one. I remember the days of being 13 or 14 years old and my friends spoke about this book in hushed tones because it was so romantic and wonderful.

I do still like it, in a way. But if you don't like stories where an older man adopts someone and then marries her years later, then you'll have a problem with this one.
Bethany
Mar 05, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: enjoy
Having read the entire Brides of Montclair series, I find myself coming back to this one on a regular basis. Avril was the first Bride I had the privilege of reading about as she was my introduction to the series. While I have appreciated many of the others, and I have enjoyed seeing the deep heritage associated with the Montclair family, nothing tops the story of Avril, Graham, and how God brought them together.

Further, this book cemented this series my main fictional indulgence. As a primarily
Rachel
This third book in the "Brides of Montclair" series is the story of Avril Dumont, a young orphan who is taken in by her parents' friend, the young widower Graham Montrose. As she grows up, the childish crush that she feels for her guardian grows along with her, until she believes it is the love of a woman for a man. Graham, as he tries to move forward with his own life, resists seeing her as anything other than a young lady under his care, while Avril struggles to make him see more.

I absolutely
Melissa
May 05, 2015 rated it did not like it
It's pretty freaking boring. Four fifths of the book is spent on the heroine doing mundane things at a different location while the Hero is off somewhere else. There's little romance but we're constantly reminded that this is a 'love story' because we're told the girl pines for the guy. If you like inconsequential, polite conversation that serves no purpose other than to turn a simple 20 page love story into 269 page book, go ahead and read it. If you happen to relate with the heroine's 'pitiful ...more
Angela
Jan 22, 2009 rated it it was amazing
My absolute favorite book in the series!! Avril is an adorable sweetheart! Unlike the other brides who are grown women when they come to Montclaire, Avril grows up on the estate. We follow her from childhood, wild adventures with neighboring children, first ball, first kiss, boarding school, jealousy, falling in love with Graham and finally... him realizing how much he loves her! Beautiful!! :)
Carrie Garza
Apr 01, 2015 rated it really liked it
Christian historical romance. Avril comes to live with Graham as a child of ten. He has. Become her guardian upon the death of her parents. By the time she is of age for guardianship to cease she has fallen completely in love with him.
Alisha
Aug 22, 2015
Michelle
Sep 11, 2018
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 next »
  • Wild Heather (English Ivy, #2)
  • The Plainsman (Men of the Saddle #4)
  • Patterns of Love (Coming to America, #2)
  • Gravestone (Solitary Tales, #2)
  • Midnight in the Dollhouse
  • Hannah's Beau (Charity House, #2)
  • Second Chance Family
  • Sabrina (Big Sky Dreams, #2)
  • Her Healing Ways (Gabriel Sisters, #3)
  • Wanted: A Family
  • The Maverick Preacher  (The Women of Swan's Nest, #1)
  • High Plains Bride (After the Storm: The Founding Years, #1)
  • Winds of Promise (Wayward Wind Series, # 1)
  • The Doctor Takes a Wife (Brides of Simpson Creek, #2)
  • The Road to Damietta
  • The Shield of Honor (Wakefield Dynasty, #3)
  • A Promise in Pieces (Quilts of Love, #17)
Jane Johnson Peart of Asheville, North Carolina, Humboldt and Marin counties, California, and in recent years, Hawaii, passed away in 2007. She was the author of more than 60 works of suspense, historical fiction and romance, which touched the hearts and minds of thousands of readers whose correspondence she treasured. She wrote for the secular and Christian market, and is best known for the Bride ...more

Brides of Montclair (1 - 10 of 15 books)
  • Valiant Bride (Brides of Montclair, #1)
  • Ransomed Bride (Brides of Montclair, #2)
  • Folly's Bride (Brides of Montclair, #4)
  • Yankee Bride/Rebel Bride (Brides of Montclair, #5)
  • Gallant Bride (Brides of Montclair, #6)
  • Shadow Bride (Brides of Montclair #7)
  • Destiny's Bride (Brides of Montclair, #8)
  • Jubilee Bride (Brides of Montclair, #9)
  • Mirror Bride (Brides of Montclair, #10)
  • Hero's Bride (Brides of Montclair, #11)