Start by marking “The Scottish Bride (Brides, #6)” as Want to Read:
The Scottish Bride (Brides, #6)

The Scottish Bride

(Sherbrooke Brides #6)

This New York Times bestselling author knows her brides.

A vicar, widower, and father, Tysen Sherbrooke is unprepared for the courageous spitfire who comes into his life when he becomes a Scottish baron.
Audio CD
Published September 20th 2006 by Brilliance Audio (first published January 1st 2001)

To ask other readers questions about The Scottish Bride, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Scottish Bride

Start your review of The Scottish Bride (Brides, #6)
Regan Walker
Set in 1815 in England and Scotland, this is the story of Rev. Tysen Sherbrooke, an English vicar and a widower with 3 young children, who at 31 is told he has inherited a title in Scotland. His 10-year-old daughter, Meggie, decides she must go with him so she sneaks on the carriage dressed as a boy.

In Scotland, Tysen encounters Mary Rose, a courageous young woman whose uncle would give her to an unworthy man. And Tysen is not about to let that happen.

Tysen and his 10-year-old daughter Meggie (
Missy
Nothing exciting.
Shea
Oct 27, 2008 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This was my favorite book of the Sherbrooke Bride series. I enjoyed the characters of Meggie and her father, Tysen. Meggie reminds me of me as a child and my first Cabbage Patch doll's name was Meggie. Tysen, a vicar and a widower, meets a woman who brings joy into his life. When he is with Mary Rose he is no longer the stern and serious man he once was. He fears this change of attitude means he is no longer serving God as he should. Tysen then must decide to proceed with his life. I thought it ...more
kookyquinn
Jun 11, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Looooooove! I almost got in trouble at work because I kept trying to sneak in a few chapters here and there! I thought Tysen's arc was perfect and loved Mary Rose she was the best heroine for him no doubt.

So excited for Meggie's book next! She almost stole the show several times :)
Amy Sanders
Dec 03, 2010 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: love-story
I loved this story the best. Tysen and Mary Rose's story was delightful. He is traditional and honorable. She is the shame of her family.

I loved reading Tysen's point of view. His struggle as a vicar and a man was believable and added depth to their story.

I liked them together. The author did a great job showing you how they got to know each other. You believed that they were compatible, and was able to enjoy it before the story ended.

Sinjun and Colin were great in this novel as well. I look
Joy H.
Added 11/24/13.
This is probably considered chic-lit (romance genre, historical fiction) but I'm enjoying it because it's an escape to a different place in a different era (around 1815). Catherine Coulter usually tells a good story. Wonderful light reading.
Sara
Dec 06, 2008 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This was a really funny book...i just loved the scene in which they were all fighting naked!!! hilarious! must read!!
Jan
Feb 22, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Tysen Sherbrooke is a standout from his lusty, worldly brothers. He is a bit of a prig, a humorless vicar always thinking of duty. When he inherits a title and a Scottish estate he is duty bound to inspect it and provide for its security.

Upon arrival in Scotland, he discovers that his 10-year-old daughter Meggie has accompanied him as his tiger. She knows he is just too unworldly to manage on his own. He is appalled at the danger she exposed herself to.

He is further shaken when he saves a youn
Katy
Feb 25, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Definitely an early writing from Ms. Coulter. I read it because I had read an Scottish Bride novel o f hers earlier. This one didn't disappoint me either.

A young, widowed vicar of a social standing in his beloved corner of England learns that a distant relative died and left behind no heirs. He is now the duke of this man's legacy. When he first arrives to learn about his new-found fortune, for which he has no wish to have, he is thrown around and verbally abused by some of the locals and even s
Nadia
Wanted to read something positive. I think this book is much lighter on a romance part than first books of the series. Although I was reading it in translation so maybe it is not and things were just edited. You never know with those things till you read the original text and even it could be edited in some editions. Well, this is totally out of topic.
I liked it. Heroine was never in any real anger even when she was. All relatives appeared in quite the right time not to let anything real bad ha
Jessi
Tyson Sherbrooke was put in line for a Scottish barony as sort of a joke. But now, all of the many cousins that were in line before him have died and he needs to go up to Scotland and take care of his land. His daughter Meggie decides that she must needs go with him to make sure he doesn't bring home an evil stepmother and sneaks along.
In previous Brides books, Tyson was beyond uptight, preparing to go into the priesthood. His wife, now dead, encouraged him in that pursuit. But married life did
Jill
Apr 22, 2020 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: library-books, series
Another book given to me from a friend who bought a bag of books at a Friends of the library sale. I didn't realize it was a series, but is a good stand alone read. It is set in 1815 in England and Scotland. Rev. Tysen Sherbrooke, a widower with 3 young children, has just received notice that he has inherited a title in Scotland. He needs to go there to see what must be done. His 10 year old daughter decides she must go with him so she manages to sneek on the carriage and is dressed like a boy s ...more
Pj
I loved this story. Tysen and Mary Rose's story was delightful. He is traditional and honorable. She is the shame of her family.

I liked them together. The author did a great job showing you how they got to know each other. She showed that they were compatible, and it was fun to enjoy it before the story ended.
Kat Coffin
I've always enjoyed Catherine Coulter books. She got started writing in romance after becoming so frustrated with one she was reading, she threw it across the room. So when I read Coulter, I expect a lot of good characterization, tight pacing, and a more complicated story than most romance novels give me.

This book is a part of her Sherbrooke Bride series and to be honest, I couldn't put it down. I was daydreaming about finishing it at work, I enjoyed the first act so much. The third act, unfortu
Kat
Jun 27, 2018 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Meggie is the real MVP here. Her and Tysen’s sarcastic outbursts, which I personally found very funny. He definitely did not act like a man of god, beating up men and shit. The plot, honestly, was pretty boring and I found myself skipping through parts. If sexy time is what you are into, doesn’t happen until at least halfway, which is long as hell for a Catherine Coulter book 😂
Cathy Weber
May 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Well-designed romance

If you are familiar with the Sherbrooke series, you'll be pleased to know Catherine Coulter has at last developed Tyson Sherbrooke into a well-rounded character. Priggish Tyson has inherited a title as well as a castle in Scotland. While investigating his new holdings, he encounters a maiden in distress and determines he must rescue her.
Blue Rose
Aug 25, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
What can I say? It was as fantastic as the previous books. I did like that Tyson finally got his own happily ever after; I wasn't so sure of that with his first wife. All the complex relationships in this story were handled with dignity and an appropriately fond humor. Lovely character development.
Dail Sams
Apr 24, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: romance
Great continuation of the Brides series, featuring the youngest Sherbrooke brother, Tysen.
Dalia Sollenberger
Fun and romantic.
Cindy Miller
Just loved Tysen, he sure came a long way from the previous books which makes me appreciate his story. Great read!!
Brenda Allen
Aug 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Love the Bride series, Can't put them down and when I'm done i want more.
Audrey Cobb
Sep 16, 2019 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Didn't get super far. Wasn't getting into it or interested enough in the characters.
Karen Darling
Apr 22, 2020 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: audible, free
Not bad.
Mindy Cossins
enjoyed Meggie and the ways she "helped" her dad
Tonileg
Another Sherbrooke romance... This is about the boring Tysen, the youngest brother who is father to three children, widowed, a vicar; all at the young age of 31 years old.
His eldest child, ten year old Meggie has definite ideas much like her aunty Sinjin the younger sister to Tysen, her father. Tysen suddenly becomes Baron Barthwick with a domain Kildrummy Castle in Scotland.
I totally am sympathetic to Tysen when he didn't notice that his daughter was hanging on the back of the coach disguised a
Cherie
May 07, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is the first book I've read in this series and also my first Catherine Coulter.

Tysen is an interesting character because he is not an alpha male. He is not even a strong beta. He's the last born and was given a position as vicar by his brother, the earl. He is dour and serious. This is a challenge for a writer but she accomplishes it.

He meets Mary Rose by accident, literally. He becomes her champion. The sparks he feels when with her awaken his lost inner child. One part I didn't like was
Linda
Jul 11, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Loved this one because of Tyson Sherbrooke's spirited daughter, Meggie! She decides her widower father needs her to keep the ladies away from her father, so she sneaks onto the back of the carriage to accompany him to Scotland. That part is a bit implausible because she goes 5days without eating, drinking..etc.? But, we will leave that to the novel writing Gods. As 20th century woman, it boggles my feminist mind that there was a time when it was okay for a man to order his daughter to marry the ...more
Miss Lily
Apr 07, 2009 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Enjoyed this book right up until the last tiny bit-- I thought the resolution was entirely too pat. But I enjoyed finally hearing a story about the distant and rumored Tysen, and an extra set of appearances by his sister. (Whom I refused to call "Sinjun" in writing, that just bugs me to no end... see prior reviews...) Listened to the Audio CD version, and the narrator was, simply put, wonderful. I really wish she'd narrated the other books in the "Bride" series, I like her narration SO much more ...more
Jessica Horne
I'm normally not the one to like romantic books, and this one was a little hard to get into at first due to some of the old language, but overall this is a very good book and I could definitely see it turning into a movie if it's not one already. Good storyline, funny moments, serious moments, you finish the book feeling like you know the people. I'm glad I chose to read it. It's written third person from multiple perspectives. After English widower Pastor Tysen inherits a Scottish castle, he an ...more
Lynne Tull
I almost gave this one four stars. I agree with Ms. Coulter; it is probably the best of the four books in the Bride Series*. I like the Romance Genre because I know there will always be a "happily ever after" conclusion. This book had "happily ever after's" throughout the entire book. There were several anxious moments and all was well. What made me down grade it by one-star? I will not be giving anything away, but the worst moment was saved to the very end without too much warning through out t ...more
« previous 1 3 next »

• The Promise in a Kiss (Cynster, #0.5)
  • Marriage Most Scandalous
  • Shades of Sunshine (Lola Pink Mysteries #3)
  • In Deep Water (Pajaro Bay, #3)
  • The Lion's Lady (Crown's Spies, #1)
  • No Man's Mistress (Mistress Trilogy #2)
  • Once a Rebel (Rogues Redeemed, #2)
  • Shades of Stars (Lola Pink Mysteries #2)
  • The Heir (Reid Family, #1)
  • The Black Lyon (Montgomery/Taggert, #1)
  • Until Forever
  • A Rogue in Texas (Rogues in Texas, #1)
  • Not Quite a Wife (Lost Lords, #6)
  • Shades of Pink (Lola Pink Mysteries #1)
  • A Perfect Gentleman (Montclair-de Vere, #1)
  • Courting Miss Hattie
  • The Magnificent Rogue
  • A Momentary Marriage (Montclair-de Vere, #2)

Sherbrooke Brides (1 - 10 of 14 books)
  • The Sherbrooke Bride (Brides, #1)
  • The Hellion Bride (Brides, #2)
  • The Heiress Bride (Brides, #3)
  • Mad Jack (Brides, #4)
  • The Courtship (Brides, #5)
  • Pendragon (Brides, #7)
  • The Sherbrooke Twins (Brides, #8)
  • Lyon's Gate (Brides, #9)
  • Wizard's Daughter (Brides, #10)
  • Prince of Ravenscar (Brides, #11)