Start by marking “Burning Bright: Return of the Light \ Star Light, Star Bright \ One for Each Night” as Want to Read:

3.81  ·  Rating details ·  88 Ratings  ·  9 Reviews
There's a reason three women are drawn to Burning Bright, a small candle shop tucked away in snowy Crescent Cove, Vermont...

Return of the Light by Maggie Shayne

Dori Stewart's six-figure Manhattan job has vanished, and her lover and friends have vanished with it. She's scraping by as a waitress and awaiting the day she can return to New York in triumph. Maybe a ritual on th
Published December 15th 2011 by Harlequin American Romance (first published November 1st 2004)

To ask other readers questions about Burning Bright, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Burning Bright

Luli
Esta antología nos muestra cómo se celebra la Navidad desde el punto de vista de tres fe diferentes.

Star Light, Star Brigh por Anne Stuart. 5 Stars.
Esta historia va derecha a mi lista de favoritas. Es preciosa.
Historia de segundas oportunidades creíble, tierna, sin melodrama… tan sólo dos personas que se reencuentran pasados los años y sienten que estos no han mermado sus sentimientos.
Sólo por esta historia vale la pena leer la antología.

One for each night por Judith Arnold. 4 stars.
Esta histori
Linda
I was impressed with BURNING BRIGHT, a holiday anthology. I have been going through my stash of Christmas-related books recently. Many of the anthologies I have read are just ordinary and I have had a hard time finishing many books. I am lucky to find one out of the 3-5 romances that I could recommend to a friend. BURNING BRIGHT was the exception and two of the three stories were really good. The title refers to a candle shop in Crescent Cove, VT.

STAR LIGHT, STAR BRIGHT by Anne Stuart was my fav
Lord Rose
I really liked the concept of this anthology, three holiday stories from different faiths. As a non-religious person who grew up Buddhist, I definitely get tired of the endless stream of only Christian characters.

The first story was a cute Christmas story. (And by Anne Stuart, which automatically puts it that much higher in my estimation.) And despite what I just said about being tired of only Christian characters, this was still my favorite novella in the bunch. 4/5

The second story was rather f
Liz B
Three novellas, all set in the same Vermont town during the winter holidays.

I loved that they weren't all about Christmas. I'm sure I knew that when I pre-ordered, but I'd forgotten by the time I got it. The first novella, by Anne Stuart, centered around Christmas; the second focused on the Wiccan holiday of Solstice; and the third was about Hanukkah.

This was a perfect Christmas Eve/ Christmas Day read for me...positive, fun, light, mostly sweet, short, not requiring too much attention. I enjoye
Shana
Dec 18, 2016 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: kindle-book, romance
I read at least one holiday (i.e. Christmas themed) book every year, but this year I discovered a Chanukah themed romance collection. Sadly I only liked one of the four stories. I will be on the hunt for other Chanukah, Kwanzaa or Diwali themed books, because the holidays put most everyone in a good mood and I love celebrating even in my reading.
Shelley
I really appreciated Harlequin putting together an anthology of stories about non-Christians celebrating their winter holidays - Hanukkah and Winter Solstice. I just wish they had been better.
Lisa
This is very good- three stories, three religoius views, three "different" store owners helping three different women make their holday dreams come true.
Kayo Bolton
Jul 28, 2012
Jane Johnson
Jan 10, 2011
Maggie Shayne
Jul 12, 2011 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)  ·  review of another edition
Deborah
Joan Machado
Feb 16, 2016
« previous 1 3 next »
  • Moonglow
  • All I Want For Christmas...: Christmas Kisses / Baring It All / A Hot December Night
  • Bewitched
  • Holiday Hideout
  • Christmas Getaway
  • A Regency Christmas Feast
  • The Valentine Wedding Dress
  • Heat Wave: Rex on the Beach/Getting Into Trouble/Shaken and Stirred
  • Newly Fallen
  • Two Turtle Island Doves (Turtle Island, #2.5)
  • One Candlelit Christmas (The MacLerie Clan #4.5) (Wellingfords #2.5)
  • Daniel and the Angel (Christmas in the City, #1)
  • The Brides of Christmas (Includes Warrior, #11; de Burgh, #3.5)
  • My Scottish Summer
  • The Mammoth Book of Irish Romance
  • Summer in a Small Town: Welcome to Icicle Falls/Treasure Beach (Life in Icicle Falls, #0.5)
  • Death, Taxes, and Mistletoe Mayhem (Tara Holloway, #6.5)
I live in the teeny, tiny town of Taylor, NY, (Alliteration Alert!) though my mailing address is Cincinnatus, my telephone exchange is Truxton and I pay taxes and vote in Cuyler. All of these are at least in the same rural county in the southern hills of New York State; Cortland County. There are more cattle than people here. The nearest “big” cities are Syracuse and Binghamton and they are an hou ...more
More about Maggie Shayne...