Start by marking “Revangelical: Becoming the Good News People We're Meant to Be” as Want to Read:
Revangelical: Becoming the Good News People We're Meant to Be

Revangelical: Becoming the Good News People We're Meant to Be

When you hear the word evangelical, do you think "good news"? That's what the word means, and it's what we are meant to be. Yet the surrounding culture often views us as exactly the opposite. Calling yourself an evangelical too often means you are seen through a negative stereotype; people are apprehensive when they hear that an evangelical family has moved into the ...more
Published September 1st 2014 by Tyndale Momentum

To ask other readers questions about Revangelical, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Revangelical

Start your review of Revangelical: Becoming the Good News People We're Meant to Be
Kathleen
Sep 04, 2014 rated it really liked it
I really loved this book and intend to read it again sometime in the future.

I have read criticisms that it attacks conservative values or it is too political. But I clear eyed reading of the gospel demands that those institutions be attacked, that our conflation of faith and politics has grossly distorted the good news message of Christ's life, death, and resurrection. The book does not champion liberalism so in that regard it is not political.

But it is a convicting book in that it forced me to
Janet
Mar 01, 2015 rated it really liked it
I read this book with a friend and appreciated the opportunity to have a dialogue using the questions at the end of each chapter as a guide. Lance Ford shares the importance of bringing the teachings of the Bible to the world. A key message is to live a life with Jesus as an example and to interact with others with kindness and mercy. What a wonderful world it would be if our lives gave others a taste of the Kingdom of Heaven here on earth.
Ethan
Nov 08, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: christianity
A call for Evangelical Christians to reconsider the traditions and cultural baggage of some of their heritage, becoming "revangelical," people who have stopped to be again "gospeled" by the NT.

The author uses his own story as a catalyst for the book: raised in an Evangelical church, strayed, came back, entered ministry, did his thing, but started to recognize how judgmental and non-loving and not like Jesus he was. Such defines the posture of the book: Evangelicals are now the butt of jokes
Steven Hinkle
Sep 21, 2014 rated it liked it
I wasn’t sure what to expect when I picked up and began reading Lance Ford’s Revangelical. The back cover calls upon Christians to be re-evangelized and suggests that they rediscover “what it means to live the Good News.”

This book is way more than just a cute title; in fact, after reading the book in its entirety, I’ll gladly join the ranks and would love to be called a Revangelical. Part primer on what the Gospel really is and part scolding to those who have made it something different, Lance
A.C. Cuddy
Aug 20, 2014 rated it it was ok
“When you hear the word evangelical, do you think “good news”? That’s what the word means, and it’s what we are meant to be. Yet the surrounding culture often views us as exactly the opposite. Calling yourself an evangelical too often means you are seen through a negative stereotype; people are apprehensive when they hear that an evangelical family has moved into the neighborhood. But is this the way it has to be?

What would it look like if evangelical Christians were joyfully living out the
Dawn
Aug 21, 2014 rated it liked it
Lance Ford, in Revangelical, calls Christians to be re-evangelized. To get back to how Jesus called us to live the Good News. He has pointed out that “Evangelical Christians” have not been the Good News the World should be seeing. When people look at Evangelicals, are they seeing Jesus? This book will show you, in his opinion, how that should come to pass.

My toes were stepped on, that’s for sure; maybe not so much in a good, critical learning way, but sometimes in an offended way. Ford, you can
Daniel
Jan 26, 2015 rated it really liked it
A good book on a good subject; I wish I'd come across it a bit earlier in my life. As it is, I'd come to believe most everything in here before reading it: we, as American Christians, are often too focused on our rights, too mixed up in politics, too concerned with policing the sins of others instead of loving them.

Even though the case didn't have to be made to me, the book was still useful in that it solidified a lot of these concepts. It does so gently and lovingly, yet determined conviction.
Jeff
Jan 31, 2015 rated it it was amazing
This is a wonderful book intended to help in the re-evangelization on Evangelicals. It contains some of the best stuff on the Kingdom of God that I've come across. The chapter on Kingdom economics alone (Renew) is worth the price of the book. Very readable with many great stories. Highly recommended.
Hanna
Aug 14, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Interesting look at how to be Evangelical without falling into that stereotype that people seem to think of. I could a lot of useful information.
Tim Ritter
Feb 03, 2018

• Why Isn't a Pretty Girl Like You Married?: And Other Useful Comments
  • Eve in Exile and the Restoration of Femininity
  • Virtuous: A Study for Ladies of Every Age
“The key to our progress is believing that Jesus is right about everything and therefore surrendering our own will to his.” 1 likes