Start by marking “King Elk” as Want to Read:
King Elk

King Elk

Published 2013 by IKEA

To ask other readers questions about King Elk, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about King Elk

ThomyZ
May 14, 2018 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: childrens-books
This was one of the weirdest children's book reads in a while. A friend got it for her kids at IKEA and wanted my 'professional' opinion as a kindergarten teacher. Long story short, I was not impressed: the illustrations are passable, but the story is just weird, bordering on disturbing, with a side plot suddenly coming out of left field and leading to two different morals, both of which seem very misplaced in a book for small children.

For some bizarre reason, the last page consists entirely of
Jennifer B.
Dec 09, 2017 rated it really liked it
The drawings are quite cute, but what really makes it great is the rather irrelevant poop field guide.
Nadine
Jul 01, 2016 added it
I bought this book as a gift for my 3YO son and each time I or his father read it, I became more and more disappointed in my selection. The King 'Elk' is very unsure of his leadership skills and encounters many opportunities throughout the story to help different animals in his kingdom. Instead of finding clever ways to assist them, he pretty much leaves them to fend for themselves or solve their own problems. I am at the point now that I will probably remove this book from my son's library and ...more
Athos
Jun 27, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Son of Athos is still too young for this, but Athos liked it very much. It's a very cute and subtle story and a beautiful book, complete with forest poop identification. What more could one ask for?
Adinda
Feb 14, 2015 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: prentenboeken
Prentenboeken van Ikea, dat klinkt als een wat gewaagde combi. Maar, ondanks een wat matig verhaaltje is het resultaat best aardig. De tekeningen zijn erg geslaagd en de hoofdpersonen zijn ook als knuffel te koop. Voor 4-6 euro kun je je daar geen buil aan vallen.
Natalie Malone
Apr 22, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: picture-books
I got this book as a gift. It's a really cute story about an Elk trying to figure out if he makes a good king or not.
Barbara Brien
May 03, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: childrens
The elk is supposed to be king, but doesn't know how. He consults many animals. This is a cute story about believing in yourself and empowering others. I read it during a trip to Ikea.
Fi
Dec 31, 2015
Heather Dubois
Sep 28, 2017
« previous 1 3 next »
Ulf Gottfrid Stark was a Swedish author and screenwriter (he adapted several of his own books for film and wrote the screenplay for the 1999 film Tsatsiki, morsan och polisen).
Stark collaborated with the illustrators Anna Höglund and Mati Lepp.
From 1989 to 1998 he was an elected member of the Swedish Academy for Children's Books Svenska barnboksakademin.
In 1998 he received the Nordic Children's Bo