Start by marking “Self Mastery Through Conscious Autosuggestion: For Attaining Health, Success and Happiness.” as Want to Read:

"When the imagination and will power are in conflict, are antagonistic, it is always the imagination which wins, without any exception."

"Every day in every way I'm getting better and better."

Although commonly known to the layman as a technique that can affect the physical world, bring wealth, and even add to one's intelligence, autosuggestion is actually a technique
Published March 19th 2014 by Createspace (first published 1920)

To ask other readers questions about Self Mastery Through Conscious Autosuggestion, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Self Mastery Through Conscious Autosuggestion

Start your review of Self Mastery Through Conscious Autosuggestion: For Attaining Health, Success and Happiness.
♥ Ibrahim ♥
Feb 28, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: psychology
This is an excellent book that should be taken for its own worth, given the time it was written in, the mindset of the times, the writing style of the times, etc. A lot has changed since then, but it still remains a charming, useful, delightful, informative, inspiring reference by a man I like and respect. I like to think of Placebo Effect in relation to what he has to say in the book and how that is all related to modern medical and psychological research. Quite charming indeed! You can read it ...more
Joseph Knecht
Interesting short read about the power of autosuggestion. The author claims that our brain consists of two parts: conscious(will) and subconscious(imagination). The subconscious brain is the more powerful one of the two and has the power to control our actions through our thoughts. If we can influence our thoughts, and thus our subconsciousness, we can influence and change our actions in a way we want to.

The subconsciousness is described as a wild horse which is constantly running in our heads.
Ralu
Jan 18, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Excellent read on the subject of the Power of the Mind and Body

I picked Coué's book because I had been studying J. Murphy's The Power of Your Subconscious Mind which I found very interesting. But after reading this, I categorize it as an application to Murphy's book, a more practical guide to everything that Murphy says, even though, from the two, it is Coué who is the pioneer in the field, having enounced and proven all these facts since the beginning of the 20th century. At the end of the book
Christopher Miller
It's a short book, so not a lot of time has to be wasted reading it. The phrasing is a bit archaic, but then what can one expect from something that was written more than one hundred years ago?

But there is one thing that is undeniable: it is the most positive work I've ever encountered.
Nate
Sep 02, 2012 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: psychology
One of the classics of clinical hypnosis.

But, it's boring, and I don't think you can cure diabetes with hypnosis. Sorry.
Sooha Lee
Nov 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
It is a great book if you want to know how hypnosis works. You can take charge of your fate by canceling your unconscious negative beliefs and implementing conscious autosuggestion!
Susie Russell
Jul 01, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
V interesting lecture - good insight and easy to see where The Secret have pinched a few ideas from...
Kleber Noel
Mar 29, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Andrei Vajna
This book seems weirdly edited. Not sure if it's supposed to be a collection of writings from Coue or a book in of itself. In any case, the explanations of how autosuggestion works and why is enlightening. The part where he describes how he conducts suggestion (which seems more like hypnotism) on his patients is weird. The list of cases that were successfully cured is skipable as the reader does gain much knowledge.

The way the instructions are written feels dated. I was hoping there would be
Dilshod
it was a quick reading..it gave me a new perspective on the idea of imagination..I like to think that the imagination is the foundation for most of our acts ..too many examples of patients healings.. i guess all these examples were meant to autosuggest us into believing this idea;)..I might be wrong, well i hope i am wrong because it could really help a lot of people including myself to master our unconsiouss mind. So I will definitely try these methods.
Eric Gagnon
Nov 02, 2019 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
J'ai décroché quand j'ai lu le mot disciple....

Un texte argumentaire sans plus, sur le mérite d'une méthode qui peut être fonctionne bien. Mais au vu des efforts pour en convaincre le lecteur l'auteur semble être à la recherche de gens qui adhéreront à sa façon de faire.
George
Quite disappointed after I finished reading this book. Is just right example oh how someone kiss his own arrs. Is not so much about autosuggestion but how everyone is praising monsieur Coué.
Cshans07
Worth a read

If you are familiar to the topic, youll probably find this book useful. Word limit word limit word limit word
حمده الشامسية
Another book on the power of thoughts
Kenzo Amariyo
Nov 01, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Good read
Mike Madden
Mar 12, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Five stars for brevity!
MauroMC
What can I say about this book? A bit boring while listing diseases and patients, but interesting because of the concept.
Do I believe in autosuggestion? I don't know.
For sure I have ever thought that mind power or a certain kind of interior strenght can do much more of what we normally believe.
Especially the Western world is scientifically oriented and often fails to deal with what is difficult to explain rationally.
Sometimes it is interesting to also leave a bit of space to mysticism and to
Olivier Goetgeluck
Autosuggestion: the implanting of an idea in oneself by oneself.

We humans have a certain resemblance to sheep, and involuntarily, we are irresistibly impelled to follow other people's examples, imagining we cannot do otherwise.

When the will and the imagination are in agreement, one does not add to the other, but one is multiplied by the other.

Start from imagination first, then will. Not other way.
Tyrone Takawira
Aug 07, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
What a pleasure it has been! I've adhered to the common phrase that one idea can ,and will ,change you in both thought forms and mannerisms and the Coue Method is definitely one of them. A 52 paged psychological thrill.. life-changing ,heart warming and thought-provoking brilliance.
Arun Pradeep
Jul 26, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: readq
A very shortish book but still provides a clear understanding of how powerful Autosuggestion can be in unleashing limitless potential of our unconscious mind.
Mazen Alloujami
May 26, 2015 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Une prétention de connaissance sans aucun fondement scientifique, juste la médiocrité de ce que lauteur imagine comme vrais et veut vendre aux gents. . Pas une seule référence ou étude réelle. ...more
Leashia Hoehn
Feb 18, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
this is also listed on web md as a way for healing cancer!
Namaste
Même avis que pour les bouquins de Martin Rosenberg (commu non violente) : l'outil proposé est un apport incontestable, mais le livre qui l'explique n'est pas exceptionnel.
Lane Hanson
Interesting stuff....if you're into hypnotism. :)
Yosr Boudaouara
Mar 27, 2015
Laure Daligaux
Mar 29, 2017
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 next »

• It Works: The Famous Little Red Book That Makes Your Dreams Come True!
  • Managing Oneself
  • The Power of Your Subconscious Mind
  • Acres of Diamonds
  • The Answer
  • Budni u pet (i vas je citav svet)
  • Proces
  • Naš otac
  • The Science of Getting Rich
  • The Reading Life
  • Instinct: Unleashing Your Natural Drive for Ultimate Success
  • Success Through a Positive Mental Attitude
  • Exactly What to Say: The Magic Words for Influence and Impact
  • Becoming Supernatural: How Common People Are Doing the Uncommon
  • Bli best med mental trening
  • The Greatest Minds and Ideas of All Time
  • Twelve Pillars
  • The Andromeda Evolution (Andromeda #2)
Émile Coué de la Châtaigneraie was a psychologist and pharmacist known for his therapeutic use of autosuggestionand particularly for the phrase, "Every day, in every way, I'm getting better and better" (French: Tous les jours à tous points de vue je vais de mieux en mieux)often labelled Couéism or the Coué method (la méthode Coué). ...more