Start by marking “A Robertson Family Christmas” as Want to Read:
A Robertson Family Christmas

A Robertson Family Christmas

Published October 1st 2014 by Tyndale House Publishers

To ask other readers questions about A Robertson Family Christmas, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about A Robertson Family Christmas

Start your review of A Robertson Family Christmas
Madeline
Dec 31, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I love The Duck Commander Family and read all of their books. I was at Hastings yesterday when they had Christmas novels at 50% off. I quickly scanned them and grabbed the latest Robertson tale by Miss Kay.

I opened the book at home and was surprised to find out that this was a fictional Christmas story.
Miss Kay writes a tale about a young, troubled, teenage boy who wins a trip to their house over christmas.
Miss Kay uses all of her family members to show this boy the true meaning of Christmas.
Julie Barrett
Dec 31, 2015 rated it it was amazing
A ROBERTSON FAMILY CHRISTMAS BY KAY ROBERTSON w/TRAVIS THRASHER
When I first read about this book I quickly scanned the summary and thought it said the Robinson Crusoe family celebrations. But I am also familiar with the Robertson family as our friends love to watch their series.
We have viewed it for a few minutes at a time at their house as we don't get that channel. Sounded like a good read and was glad to get it to review.
Starts out with Stacey and she'd entered a contest to send her son to e
Cheri Swalwell
Dec 15, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I read The Robertson’s Family Christmas by Kay Robertson and Travis Thrasher. It was a great book! I have only watched Duck Dynasty a handful of times - not because I don’t enjoy it (I do), but because I don’t have time to watch TV really. I would rather read. This book was awesome. I felt as though I was seriously with them at their house. They talked the same way they do on the show and their morals and family traditions and values were the same as well.

I want to win a trip to go hang out wit
Vickie Paye
This story stayed true to the Robertson family values and traditions I've grown to know and love over the past few years. What a wonderful idea Miss Kay had for this story to invite someone into the Robertson family clan and their homes to experience firsthand all the love, the bearded men up close and personal, the traditions they all celebrate at Christmas as a family, the kidding around, the FOOD!! Plus the love of God and the lessons that can be learned in everything.
Hunter is a 17 year old
Nyla
Aug 12, 2016 rated it it was amazing
A Robertson Family Christmas by authors Miss Kay Robertson and Travis Thatcher is a small hardback book. This 321 page Christmas holiday novella is published by Tyndale. It is not a large print book but the type is not small. This sweet read would make a great gift for anyone and be good for a gift exchange.

It explores the possibility of being happy at Christmas even when feeling alone most of the time. The Robertson Family of Ducky Dynasty fame is the center of the book along with a boy name Hu
Penny Marks
Jan 11, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I loved reading this novella based on a real Duck Dynasty Christmas with the Robertson's. I know that this book was fiction but it had me feeling like I was celebrating with them. So much fun, laughter, and God's love show throughout this book and family.
Boy, Stacy Clarke had no idea how her and her son Hunter's life would change after winning the Golden Duck Call. A friend of Stacy's knew how much Hunter had closed himself off emotionally. She recommended a contest where one child is selected t
Pam Rudie
Mar 05, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Kay Robertson with Travis Thrasher combine to create a wonderful book "A Robertson Family Christmas." Being a fan of the "quacky" Robertson TV show, I enjoyed reading this book. The characters are themselves as they celebrate Christmas with the true meaning and heart of Christmas. Even with a guest in their home for Christmas, they don't try to hide or camouflage their faith. Each in their own way, walk the talk with their faith, talents, family, and lives. From the youngest to the oldest Robert ...more
Donna McGinnis
May 19, 2016 rated it really liked it
This is the first book I have read by anyone in the Robertson family and I enjoyed it very much. Kay Robertson has a talent for writing and even though it is a fictional story she includes true family traditions at Christmas time and their family 's faith and values that make you feel like this story is true. I have watched a number of the Duck Dynasty shows and love that their Christian faith is displayed in each episode. Love the family dinner and prayer time.
Unknown to Hunter his mother has e
Jackie
Jun 08, 2016 rated it it was amazing
The novella, A Robertson Family Christmas, by Miss Kay Robertson and Travis Thatcher is a wonderfully uplifting and heart-warming story that focuses on a young man who feels alone and separated from any family. He lives with his mother after his parents’ divorce and has no close relationship with her or with his father and brother who live together. His mom hears about a contest in which the winner will spend Christmas with the duck-dynasty Robertson family in West Monroe, Louisiana. She feels l ...more
Bethany Phillips
This book was awesome.

This is about a boy who gets invited to visit the Robertson Family during Christmas. At first he does not want to spend Christmas with people he does not know but as he spends time with the family he learns what family means. He Learns a lot when he is there and makes some memories there that by the time he has to go back to his own family, he does not want to leave.

I had a really fun time reading this book. It has the families actual Christmas traditions and it was really
Ashley Dawn
May 03, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I really enjoyed this story. It is a novella written by Miss Kay Robertson about a kid who wins a Christmas with the famous Robertson crew. He was having issues in his own family but he never expected to spend the holidays with a bunch of strangers. He wants nothing to do with the 'ways' of the Robertsons and he can't help but compare their family to his. The longer he is there the more you see the change.
I love the show but don't get to watch it as much as I would like. This story captures perf
Kasey Cocoa
Oct 15, 2014 rated it it was amazing
This is a heartwarming tale told as only the sweetest and most patient woman of the Robertson Family that I've ever known could tell a story, even if I only "know" of her through what I read and what I see. My mother and my youngest son (9) are huge Duck Commander fans and follow every mention of this lovely family. The story is very well written and edited with a lovely message blended through the book. It's easy to recommend this book to every reader. More people should take a lesson from them ...more
Lori Weller
A Robertson Family Christmas was an inspiring, enjoyable novella. It was an introduction to the family for me as I have never seen the show. I have heard many things about the family. This was able to put into words what I have heard about the family. The length they went to make a troubled teenager feel a part of their family was incredible. Not every family would go to the lengths they did! It was enjoyable to read how another family celebrates the holidays and keeps traditions a part of their ...more
Debbie Barringer
Will keep this book to read again!

I've only seen a few episodes of Duck Dynasty. This book was a surprise! Solid but not overdone witness for Christ. The glimpse into the family seemed honest, and the message of the book fits with the true spirit of Christmas!
April Suter
Nov 24, 2016 rated it it was amazing
what if you ended up with the Robertsons? Wish it could be me :)
Rachel Marie
Jan 02, 2019 rated it liked it
This was...interesting. I say this because it was a fictional story about nonfictional characters. Now, I've mentioned that I've never seen Duck Dynasty, but I was still able to enjoy this book. It was full of humor and heart.

In a way, was this just a grandmother bragging on her children and grandchildren? And I'm not saying that's a bad thing. But let's face it, when you keep saying all these things about how wonderful everyone is, well, you're their grandmother. You know them better than almos
Michelle Spencer
THIS is what I needed for a good Christmas read. It was definitely not any amazing piece of writing. But it was so warm and genuine, and the main character reminds me so much of my nephew. And it really felt like I got to spend some time with the Robertsons as a family, which was nice. As quick and as sentimental of a read as this was, it still had a powerful message of faith, family, and love (and ducks!) that really resonated with me, even amidst a simplistic and fluffy writing style.

Sidebar:
Nicole Wrightson
Jan 02, 2019 rated it it was amazing
My first book of the year and I read it so fast. I couldn't put it down. I even ended it with tears in my eyes.

This is not the normal Robertson Family book. You see the family through the eyes of a boy who won a contest that he didn't know he had entered thanks to his mother. He just plain out at the start doesn't want to be there. But slowly the family pulls him out of his shell and shows him what he has been missing or overlooking. This book is an amazing read and of course, is just like the
jessica galvez
Dec 13, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Very heartfelt book

I bought this book for 99¢ and I'm glad I did! I couldn't put the book down, so close to Christmas this book meant a lot to me. Finding joy in unlikely places and people. The story was well written and memorable!
Robin
Dec 24, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Cute read!
Nora St Laurent
Jul 13, 2015 rated it really liked it

I’m thankful for the review copy of a book that reminded me of a few movie classics A Christmas Story and National Lampoons Christmas Vacation. Both of these movies are hilarious and show the crazy side to family holiday get to-gethers so did this book.

Miss Kay says to readers, this book celebrates our true family holiday traditions while also imagining what a stranger might think of them. Especially if he had never heard of the Robertson’s. I hope you enjoy this story, ‘cause if there’s one thi
Beverly
Miss Kay Robertson has written a fictional account of a typical Christmas holiday for the famous family through the eyes of a troubled teen. Her book accomplishes one of the things I love most about fiction--getting a fly-on-the-wall view of a family thousands of people are coming to love because of their television presence. While the story may be the product of Miss Kay's fertile imagination, the setting, the typical Robertson quirky conversations, their everyday activities, and the Christmas ...more
Becky
Oct 26, 2014 rated it it was amazing
And To All A Good Night....

Check it out on my blog: http://bookreadingtic.com/2014/10/26/...

This book combines two of my favorite things, a Christmas story and the Duck Dynasty family, the Robertsons. Chicago teenager, Hunter Clarke, is shocked to discover he is the contest winner who will spend Christmas with the Robertson Family. Unknown to Hunter, his mother had entered him in the contest.

The teen has led a lonely, solitary life, especially since the divorce of his parents. His mother is not
Deana Dick
Jan 02, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Stacy is at her wits end with her teenage son, Hunter. He is depressed, moody and an extremely unhappy person. She enters a contest where one lucky person will get to spend the holidays with the famous Robertson family of Duck Dynasty. She knows the chances are slim that her son will win, but when she receives word that indeed her son will be enjoying Christmas with The Robertson's , she can't believe it.

Hunter is not really thrilled with his new plans for Christmas, but off he goes on an adven
Jalynn Patterson
Oct 06, 2014 rated it it was amazing
About the Book:

A nationwide contest gives a needy child the opportunity to spend Christmas with the Robertsons. A junior high kid from a poor family wins, and all things look wonderful--except for the fact that the boy is a complete terror. But he'll have to learn the hard way after the Robertsons get through with him.A heartwarming and hilarious story on the meaning of Christmas and what it's like to spend it with the Robertsons of Duck Commander.

My Review:

What would it be like to spend Chris
Miamikel SS
Nov 13, 2014 rated it it was amazing
With the holidays quickly approaching, I was so excited to read this book at this time of year! It's a refreshing reminder that during the hustle and bustle, need to buy gifts, shopping and running around, we often forget the that the important moments of family togetherness, faith and friendship should be a focal point.

This novella is a refreshing, homespun, pull up a cup of your favorite something and listen up a spell type of book. It's a wonderful, fairly fast read with witty chapters, mome
Mazzou B
Dec 02, 2014 rated it liked it
When I requested this book, it was mostly out of curiosity. I had heard much about the famous Robertson family and was rather intrigued by their unusual personalities. I had also heard much about their stand for Christian faith, and admired them for that.
I requested this book in the hopes of learning a bit more about the Roberstons and their Duck Dynasty!
I thought the way Miss Kay Robertson went about writing this look into a Christmas with the Robertson clan unique and humble. I'm sure the R
Gail Hollingsworth
Dec 23, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I really enjoyed A Robertson Family Christmas. It drew me in and made me feel like I was actually in the story itself. Hunter, a troubled teen with an attitude, is given a chance to spend Christmas week with the Robertson Clan of Duck Dynasty fame. He really wants to spend the time with his father and brother who seem to have a bond that doesn't include him. His parents are divorced and his mom always seems too busy to spend any quality time with him. Hunter doesn't think much of himself but spe ...more
Nancee
Dec 06, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Recommended to Nancee by: quiltcat26@sbcglobal.net
I must say that I wasn't sure what I was going to find when I chose to read A Robertson Family Christmas. I haven't followed their television program, aside from watching a couple of episodes. This book changed the way I originally perceived this family and their somewhat "atypical" lifestyle.

Contrary to my first impressions this book enlightened me. I found the Robertson family to be the most loving, compassionate, godly family, generous in sharing of themselves and their good fortune. This fi
Deanna Stevens
Dec 15, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I really enjoyed reading Miss Kay Robertson’s novel “A Robertson Family Christmas.”
This novella is based on real Robertson family Christmas traditions. Hunter Clarke is teenager from Chicago and has never even heard of the Robertson's. His mother enters him in a contest and Hunter is chosen to spend Christmas with the entire Robertson clan. He is invited to stay with Korie and Willie Robertson.
This story gave me a look into the heartwarming and sometimes-zany times of the families of the Duck C
« previous 1 3 next »

• Twisted Twenty-Six (Stephanie Plum, #26)
  • The Christmas Shoppe
  • The Paper Bag Christmas
  • Before and After: The Incredible Real-Life Stories of Orphans Who Survived the Tennessee Children's Home Society
  • A Hundred Suns
  • The Noel Letters
  • Autumn from the Heart of the Home
  • The Duck Commander Family
  • Bunny
  • Who Was Leonardo da Vinci?
  • Newton's Rainbow: The Revolutionary Discoveries of a Young Scientist
  • Moriarty (Horowitz's Holmes, #2)
  • The Swans of Fifth Avenue
  • A Mrs. Miracle Christmas
  • Basic Economics: A Citizen's Guide to the Economy
  • Harriet the Spy (Harriet the Spy #1)
  • Legacy
  • The Homeschooling Housewife: Juggling it all, one priority at a time
The matriarch of the "Duck Commander" family. Married to Phil Robertson.

There is more than one author in the Goodreads database with this name.