Jump to ratings and reviews
Nobody ever told Casey how dangerous a little daydreaming could be.

Casey Sloane appreciates the power of a good daydream. It’s the perfect antidote to the pressures of her hectic life as an associate attorney at a high-powered Washington, D.C. law firm. When the nightangel Gabriel takes up residence in those dreams, Casey is more delighted than surprised. Gabriel is the perfect mixture of danger, otherworldly beauty, and out-and-out temptation required to throw her daydreams into a state of perpetual overdrive.

But when the nightangel sheds his wings and arrives in the real world to begin a real-time relationship with Casey, she gets a quick education on the unforeseen consequences of daydreams.

395 pages, ebook

First published March 10, 2014

Loading interface...
Loading interface...

About the author

Marie Michelle Coleman

2 books9 followers
Marie Michelle Coleman is a paranormal romance and urban fantasy author whose book, Bespoken, is the first in the Nightangel and Daydreamer series. She's been in love with the written word since she was old enough to turn the pages of her first book. She's always had a fascination with vampires and angels. Sitting down at the keyboard and turning on the paranormal blender was a natural next step.

Marie lives in the Washington D.C. area. She believes in the power of a compelling dream, the therapeutic merits of loud music, and the benefits of always being in the middle of reading a great book. Marie has a soft spot for a good romance and likes to laugh. Jane Austen is her favorite author. She'll probably always be a little in love with Mr. Darcy.

​She grows roses in her garden but no matter how hard she tries, they don't look anything like the ones in Casey Sloane's daydreams.

Ratings & Reviews

What do you think?

Friends & Following

Create a free account to discover what your friends think of this book!

5 stars
0 (0%)
1 star
1 (11%)
Displaying 1 - 6 of 6 reviews
Profile Image for Michelle .
1,998 reviews226 followers
September 19, 2014
**You can see this full review and more at Book Briefs: http://bookbriefs.net**Bespoken is the first book by new author, Marie Michelle Coleman. It is a new adult paranormal series called Nightangel and Daydreamer series. Casey lives two separate lives, one as a high powered, overworked associate in a large law firm, and the other as a pretty serious daydreamer. I enjoyed Bespoken. I had a few hiccups with it, but overall I thought it was a strong debut for Marie Michelle Coleman. Casey's daydreams are about a creature named Gabriel, who is a nightangel. I had never heard of a night angel before, so I was really intrigued.

Turns out a nightangel is part angel part vampire. That was certainly a cool combo. Casey was interesting. Some of the time, I really liked her and some of the time I couldn't figure out my feelings for her. I can't exactly pin down what it was about her that irked me, but whatever it was, it was pretty minor. Gabriel took a while to grow on me as well. But for very different reasons. Because Casey was all over the place in the start of the book, I had no idea whether she liked her daydream Gabriel or was scared of him. I really loved the descriptive writing in Bespoken. The daydream landscapes were always so vividly painted. I think that Marie Michelle Coleman did an excellent job describing everything.

Another one of my favorite parts of the story was actually watching Casey at her law firm. I know, I am probably the only one on earth that will say this because she was overworked most of the time, but I could just relate to the environment. (not necessarily just because of the work load though.) The whole law firm scene reminded me of my summer with "big law". I got a kick out of watching another associate go through the typical stuff.

As for the whole nightangel- gabriel- Casey aspect, I am having a really hard time reviewing without being too spoilery. Bespoken definitely took me by surprise a few times, and because of that I think this is just a book that you are better off experiencing for yourself. It took me a while to get into. The book starts off fine but very quickly we are thrown this new guy int he world and Casey is freaking out because it is her daydream. I just thought she handled the whole thing very strangely. I had no idea how she knew some of the things she knew about him and they weren't explained to us until much later on, if at all. So it was kind of a choppy start. Even her first daydream meeting with Gabriel after she saw him in her world was weird. But once I kept reading, the book kind of evened out and got better. I just fell into the flow of the story, I think. And once I did, I enjoyed Bespoken.This review was originally posted on Book Briefs
Profile Image for Ashley Schoen.
402 reviews29 followers
September 3, 2014
Nobody ever told Casey how dangerous a little daydreaming could be.

But when the nightangel sheds his wings and arrives in the real world for a real-time relationship with Casey, she gets a quick education on the unforeseen consequences of secret daydreams.

3.5 stars~!

For Marie Michelle Coleman's debut novel, I say she did an amazing job. Bespoken is filled with a plot that keeps you guessing and descriptive language that makes it easy and wonderful for the reader to imagine. Casey passes her time with daydreams of Gabriel and when he finally makes his appearance in the "real world", Casey doesn't know what to do. There were so many things to enjoy in this novel that I can't possibly name them all. From Casey and Gabriel to the secondary cast such as Ricki. They all keep you tethered to the storyline until the very end. Bespoken is a book that you can read again and again and still find new and intriguing things to keep you hooked.

*Reviewer for Paranormal Romance and Authors That Rock!
Profile Image for Pratr- Authors.
442 reviews10 followers
September 3, 2014

3.5 stars~!

*Reviewer for Paranormal Romance and Authors That Rock!
August 12, 2014
I was a fan of Ms. Coleman’s blog, Suburban Island, and was excited to hear that she had written a novel. Her ability to turn ordinary events in daily life into rich tales of accomplishment and growth is unmatched. She has a unique voice as a writer that calls out to the reader and draws them in; leaving them fulfilled yet yearning for more at the end of her story. Bespoken didn’t disappoint with vivid story telling and absorbing, authentic characters not to mention technical perfection that gave this retired writing teacher’s heart rest. Ms. Coleman guides you through the cityscape of the capital and in and out of the heroine’s fantasy world with, frankly, frightening realism that creates an atmosphere of emotional familiarity with the heroine in her strength and vulnerability and as she faces trial and triumph. I don’t usually read this genre but if you enjoy good story telling then you’ll enjoy this book as well. It expands the genre and makes it accessible to readers used to something different.
252 reviews5 followers
March 13, 2016
I didn't get it....

I got this book after reading many positive reviews on Amazon. I found that the author uses 2 sentences more than necessary to say anything. I didn't understand much of what was going on. This is only the 2nd book in many years that I did not finish. I couldn't finish this one. I was very disappointed.
Displaying 1 - 6 of 6 reviews

Can't find what you're looking for?

Get help and learn more about the design.