Start by marking “Fighting the Fall (Fighting, #4)” as Want to Read:
Fighting the Fall (Fighting, #4)

Fighting the Fall (Fighting #4)

4.27  ·  Rating Details ·  5,528 Ratings  ·  454 Reviews
The toughest fighters aren’t created in the octagon but are born of necessity. When life delivers blow after punishing blow, you fight back or get destroyed.

Eve Dawson has had her fill of bad luck. A string of unhealthy relationships has left her angry, bitter, and frustrated. She’s given up on being happy and settles for content. Swearing off men, she repels advances and
Published November 4th 2014

To ask other readers questions about Fighting the Fall, please sign up.

Whitney She's currently working on Mason's book and she has stated that she wants to write a book about Axelle and Killian
Nicole Torino
This answer contains spoilers… (view spoiler)

Christy
5 Fighting Stars!

photo a31a147e-3d3c-4ac6-8f05-096e80aed8e5_zps356c1540.jpg

Fighting the Fall is a book I’ve been looking forward to for a while. As I continue this series, I get attached to all the characters and when I heard the next story would be about the older UFL’s CEO Cameron, and Raven’s best friend Eve, I was in a happy place.

Cameron Kyle’s fighting career has been over for a while, and not by choice. One freak accident fourteen years ago changed everything for him. He has had a really hard time getting over the fact that he can’t fight anym
✿kawehi.reviews
Mar 24, 2014 ✿kawehi.reviews rated it really liked it
☆ I received an ARC of this book via the author through Knock Your Books Off in exchange for an honest review. Thank you! ☆

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

“Falling isn’t always a failure. Sometimes the biggest victories happen when we’re brave enough to let go and give in to the pull.”

Fighting the Fall turned out to be a lot different from what I had expected. It was filled with hardships, making mistakes, second chances, and learning how to forgive and love yourself.
Here, you meet two broken down individuals-- one of whic
Lisa *-* GiViNg It To YoU * LoCk StOcK & TwO SmOkiNg BaRrELs
Review Posted 3rd Feb 15

Fighting The Fall ....Eve and Cameron's story.

Cameron Kyle's fighting career was ripped from his grasp, carrying unbearable guilt after a horrific tragedy strikes...he has had to crawl back into the land of the living. Now aged 38, and the new powerful CEO of the UFL.

Enter Eve...into the ring....best friend of Raven the wife of one of the top fighters under Cameron Kyle. Eve has a string of unhealthy relationships under her belt. Eve sworn off men, thinking she likes
Arabella ~♡AB♡~
DNF @56%

Just not feeling this one, the heroine is getting on my last nerve with her naive immaturity. She's the biggest doormat in the history of books.

Cameron isn't floating my boat either, he doesn't seem to have a personality.

I'm simply bored, so am ending it here.
Jen
Another great addition to the Fighting series! This one was between the former Heavyweight in the UFL; Cameron Kyle, and Eve who is very close friends with Raven from the first book. I got yet another intense,emotional read right from the start. Cameron's past is a doozy, and when we find out about the tragedy that happened in his family, and how he blames himself, it hit me right in the "feels!" Cameron use to be a fighter until a freak injury caused him to have a seizure and the result was a b ...more
Maddie
Oct 30, 2016 Maddie rated it it was amazing
Shelves: cr, favorite, bb, reread
I will try to do a review this week - otherwise, I just need to say I loved this book :D

Polly
Mar 27, 2014 Polly rated it really liked it
4.5 stars!!

After book 3, I lost a bit of hope for this series, but this one knocked it out of the park again.

My only complaint was Eve was a bit of a doormat.
Nane
May 17, 2014 Nane marked it as to-read
I ACTUALLY WANT KILLIAN'S STORY. Please! Please! Help me out of my misery :')
Alyssa Helvar ♡
Jun 23, 2016 Alyssa Helvar ♡ rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2016-reads, 5-stars
HOLY S**T!

When I read Jonah and Raven's story, I was like: Eh, this is okay but not the best. A little hard to read about and to believe too. But should I continue with the series? Sure, why the hell not!

When I read Blake and Layla's story, I was like: WHAT THE F**K DID I JUST READ?! As of that moment, Blake and Layla's story was my favorite! I loved them and they were just so cute together! <3

When I read Rex and Mac/Gia's story, I was like: Okay, this doesn't top Blake and Layla but it was
Jenna
Sorry but Cameron is the worst kind of alpha male, apart from being a complete misogynist he's also possessive and domineering to the point where it's beyond unhealthy. I swear he was catapulted here from the 1950's. There was absolutely nothing redeeming about him at all, he treated Eve like all the men before him did. Seriously instead of breaking the mould he just fit right in it. I honestly thought their age difference was going to be all kinds of hot but there were times when he acted more ...more
Anna
Nov 10, 2014 Anna rated it it was amazing
I loved this one!!!
Elizabeth
Fighting the Fall is the fourth series in the Fighting series. In my humble opinion, it is by far the BEST! I found the hero and heroine in this to be my absolute favorite of the whole bunch. Because of their individual winning qualities when they come together they become a powerhouse!

description

Eve is your everyday spunky independent best friend! She and Raven have been friends forever. Because of her close ties to Raven, she is automatically included in the fight club family! As the book starts, Eve is
Jenny
Apr 04, 2014 Jenny rated it really liked it
I have really enjoyed this series and to be completely honest, this book started out slow for me, wasn't sure if I would even like it, then BAM, I fell.

This is a sweet, sad love story. I've loved Eve in the previous books. She's feisty, sassy, and fun. However, Cameron Kyle, his back story, is pretty sad and quite heartbreaking. But.....he's hot, possessive, and did I say hot. This isn't the fast, fall in love kind of story. Both of these characters have walls to break down, insecurities to ove
Cristin
Aug 27, 2014 Cristin rated it it was amazing
Shelves: sports-romance
- fighting the fall
Give Me Books
Oct 09, 2014 Give Me Books rated it it was amazing
I am at a total loss for words right now. I just want you to know that there is no way this review will be able to do Fighting the Fall justice. If you are looking for a review with a reworded synopsis, stop reading now. If you are looking for gut-wrenching, emotional, first reactions to what I will say is the best book of 2014, here you go.

You know it’s special when you read a book...not just any book...but that one book that grabs a hold of your heart, and takes you on the most beautiful journ
Lelyana
Nov 03, 2014 Lelyana rated it liked it
Shelves: buddy-read, failed

***** SPOILERS!*****

Buddy read with Audrey Thunder..

Please don't hate me,.
But I have to tell you about what I read last night. And I'm not proud of myself right now.

What I liked about this book,

- Jonah and Raven (of course, eye rolling.)
- The hot sex
- The fast pace

What I didn't liked about this book,

- Eve (view spoiler)
Kelli C ~ Jack Sawyer's Heart
4.25 Fight of Your Life Stars!

I have really enjoyed this series and to be truthful, this started out a bit slow for me...then BAM, I found myself emotionally invested!

Cameron Kyle does not have a pretty back story. He had it all...then he didn't. Each day is a fight to move forward, but for what? He is basically existing day to day...but living...not even close!

Trying to step out of the everyday ordinary, he takes a chance and meets a fun, flirty, off the charts sassy Eve! She is young, yet she
Gisbelle
It doesn't sound that interesting to me, to be honest. Not a fan of Eve. Hope it proves me wrong.

_______________________________

Point of View: Dual (Cameron & Eve)
Writing: First Person | Present Tense
Setting: Las Vegas
Genre: New Adult | Contemporary Romance

I liked Eve a lot better in this book, but still the girl was so immature for a character who was supposed to be insanely mature. I found her sense of humor pretty contagious, but if it was toned down a little, it'd have been perfect.

The
Lana ❇✾Dirty Girl Romance❇✾
DNF at 45%

This was unfortunately not the book for me. I love fighter romance, but I'm also a reader that is easily influenced by a dislike of an MC, especially the heroine. Sadly, the heroine here was just not my cuppa. I won't be rating this since I didn't finish.

ARC courtesy of author in exchange for an honest review
DKristin
 photo 98492e45-4352-4a93-b103-9e5df64beb5f.jpg

This was some wondiferous stuff... so many elements of what low self-esteem/worth/concept, hurtful & dysfunctional family of origin, and maladaptive coping behaviors do the life of so many women in the world.

This may be Cameron's book but Eve most definitely steals the show. In the beginning of the book she somewhat comically has decided that she will from now on be a lesbian due to the harsh treatment and hurt she has suffered from almost every man in her life, starting with her father. No
Shanda
I love this series but I am struggling with how to rate this book, but I am going to go with a 2.5. Didn’t absolutely hate it but I wasn’t in love with this book either.

If you remember Eve she is Raven’s bff who cozied up to Vince and Raven was hurt. Eve is a girl that clearly has daddy issues. She is a very weak, needy, and insecure girl. If anyone understands a girl with daddy issues I do but this was a struggle. She FINALLY realizes towards the end of the book that she needs to learn to love
Taralinda
This book was a nice breath of fresh air after the extreme drama and angst of the last book in the series. There was still plenty of drama and some angst, but not to the nth degree as in the last one.

description

I actually really liked Eve. I was entertained and understood how fed up she was with men considering her past. And I could relate to her compulsion to seek approval from men because of all the shit her horrible father put her through. What an epic ass ! I did get a little disappointed in her when
Lisa
Aug 21, 2014 Lisa rated it really liked it
Shelves: oct, 2014
I love this series and couldn't wait for Eve's story. Since there are so many reviews that are re-hashing the whole book I won't bother and just give a few of my thoughts and call it good (plus I'm just going to use Gifs to get my point across).

Cameron was such an alpha/bossy/semi-a$$hole but I couldn't help but totally lust after him. He was dealing with some heavy crap but I appreciated him not dancing around his feelings for Eve for too long as the story moved along.

photo ThisiswhatIcallbeinghappy_zps23ed5544.gif

Eve was awesome. I liked
Nina
Sep 01, 2014 Nina rated it it was amazing
Yes, I read practically the entire time at work because it was killing me not to...shhhhhh

What's better than a standing ovation??? Is there such a thing because that's how I would describe what I'm feeling.

Wow!!! Every book you've written has been incredible and after each one you write it's even more amazing than the last. Not only have I fell in love with Cam but Eve as well. Sorry Blake...but you and Cam are pretty tied right now.

Fighting the Fall is the first book after reading the Prologue
Ellen at Book Bellas
5 amazing stars!!

JB Salsbury is my go-to author for hot, swoony but very loving and caring and all-around PEEFECT Alpha males. Each book in the Fighting series gets better and better and Cameron Kyle… well, Cameron Kyle broke my heart over and over again. Excerpt that he is the kind of character that expects no pity from anyone. The Prologue in this book is absolute perfection and I don’t think I ever have felt so much sympathy for a character in a long, long time.

Cameron is my favorite of all o
Ⓐlleskelle - teamSøren♗ ⊲I like big b00ks⊳
I just love this cover!

Claudia
Apr 25, 2014 Claudia rated it it was amazing
One of my all time authors and this book did not disappoint. Cam is so broken and Eve needs the love of a good man. They come together and heal each other. Just beautiful LOVED it!!!
Zakirrah BookBlogger
Apr 05, 2014 Zakirrah BookBlogger rated it really liked it
4 Fighting Stars!!

First of all can I just say.. J.B.Salsbury you are awesome. She really is, now go grab her books ;)
I think I have read every book this author has released and I can not wait for more becuase her books make you feel! Every emotion the character is going through and your heart hurts for them.At times you wish you could jump into the book so you could squeeze them and tell them everything will be okay because J.B.Salsbury's books always have a happily ever after just like these
Kitten Mercer
3 "Fighting" stars.

I've got shits to do and a f*cking report to review, but then I got tangled up with this book since last night and then shits-to-do was completely forgotten. I thought I was gonna love this. Don't get me wrong, I do like it. The author writes as beautifully as ever. And the storyline itself is interesting. But what I do not like in this book are the MCs.

My legs wobble. Knees buckle. And for the first time in my life . . . I fall.

Cameron is fucked up, I mean who wouldn't fe
V
3-3.5 stars.
I’ve loved all the books in this series so far, so without meaning to, I guess I did have high hopes for Cameron and Eve’s story, especially after the hints of them in book 3. Sadly though for me, this didn’t quite work. Yes I’m rating 3 stars, which is good and is largely due to the amazingly sad prologue and a good ending. However there were many things about this story that frustrated me.
Firstly. Eve. I love a heroine who has some vulnerabilities. And she has them in buckets. Her
  • Worth Forgiving (MMA Fighter, #3)
  • The Slayer (Untamed Hearts, #2)
  • Give Me Grace (Give Me, #3)
  • In Your Corner (Redemption, #2)
  • Locke (Corps Security, #5)
  • Resisting Temptation (Men of Honor, #3)
  • Too Consumed (Consumed, #2)
  • Fighting for Irish (Fighting for Love, #3)
  • Razor's Edge (Afflictions, #1)
  • Among the Echoes (Wrecked and Ruined, #2.5)
  • Athica Lane (Carpino, #3)
  • Fight For Me
  • Borden 2 (Borden, #2)
  • Grace for Drowning
  • Ryley's Revenge (Gloves Off, #2)
  • Beautiful Broken Promises (Broken #3)
  • Ricochet (Renegades, #3)
J.B. Salsbury is a New York Times and USA Today bestselling author. She lives in Phoenix, Arizona with her husband and two kids.

Her love of good storytelling led her to earn a degree in Media Communications. With her journalistic background, writing has always been at the forefront, and her love of romance propelled her career as an author.

She spends the majority of her day behind the computer wh
More about J.B. Salsbury...

Fighting (8 books)
  • Fighting for Flight (Fighting, #1)
  • Fighting to Forgive (Fighting, #2)
  • Fighting to Forget (Fighting, #3)
  • A Father's Fight (Fighting, #4.5)
  • Fighting for Forever (Fighting, #5)
  • Fighting Fate (Fighting, #6)
  • The Final Fight (Fighting, #7)

“Because I want more. I always want more. That’s my problem. I want to be the girl that a man can’t live without.” 8 likes
“Sometimes the best defense is to step toward what scares you, not run away from it. You taught me that.” 4 likes