Start by marking “Captain Underpants and the Preposterous Plight of the Purple Potty People (Captain Underpants, #8)” as Want to Read:

Captain Underpants and the Preposterous Plight of the Purple Potty People (Captain Underpants #8)

4.19  ·  Rating details ·  8,055 Ratings  ·  214 Reviews
The eighth book in Dav Pilkey's mega-bestselling Captain Underpants series. Now with super-cool foil covers! Shiny! Fun!

When we last saw George and Harold, they were about to take their pet pterodactyl Crackers back to the Cretaceous period. But things didn't work out quite as they had hoped. They've entered an absurd alternate reality where teachers are nice, kids are all
Published September 1st 2006 by The Blue Sky Press (first published August 15th 2006)

Ryan Ren
This answer contains spoilers… (view spoiler)

C.M. Albert
Jan 02, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: kids
Okay, Captain Underpants fans - another fun one and we're back to the potty humor! I love the TRUE introduction about "those wacky grown ups" and how they "spend the first two years of their children's lives trying to make them walk and talk...and the next sixteen years trying to get them to sit down and shut up." Pilkey also reverts back to fantastic potty humor with a look at potty training and how paretns are all down with poo the first few years of life, cheering their kids on everytime they ...more
William Dawes
I was very amused and entertained while reading this book. Even though it's target audience was obvious kids my age, but it also got the humor that suits both ages. I found it really amusing that Dav Pilkey would make George and Harold go to another dimension and meet their evil twins.
Jamie
Oct 22, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: george
George LOVES these books. When I described the star rating system to George he said "I guess 4 stars cause I like it and 5 cause I love it".
Daniel O.
May 10, 2011 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
THE BEST CAPTAIN UNDERPANTS BOOK YET.george and herold use thier time machine but something bad happens theey teloported into a world where the teacher's are nice and no villians in sigth and mr.krupp is nice but they met mean and evil clones of themselves and that Mr.krupp ends up to be the WORST villian yet he is CAPTAIN BLUNDERPANTS.the evil george and herold stolen sulu and crackers and sulu turn into a big monster will the real captain underpants save the world and will george and his best ...more
Camicastillo11
Mar 25, 2010 rated it it was amazing
This is the last book opf the collection and is about that their are two harolds two Jorges and two Captain Underpants but the clones (boyus) are bad and captain underpants good and in the "real"world is viseversa so is very funny and confussing read it !!
Lubna
May 28, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: comics
It's really fun to read one of those every once in a while
Griffin
Apr 26, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition

Awesome awesome awesome
Ch_jank-caporale
Self-proclaimed "cool kids" Harold and George, hypnotize their mean Principal, Mr. Krupp, and convince him he has an alter-ego as Captain Underpants! In this eighth adventure, author Dave Pilkey has the Purple Potty time machine malfunction and George and Harold must face their own mean alter-egos, mean George and Mean Harold, who kidnap their treasured pets: Crackers and Sulu. Mass craziness ensues.
The most redeeming aspect of the book comes at the opening of chapter 2 in an explanation of grow
Dolly
Feb 26, 2012 rated it liked it
Recommends it for: children starting to read graphic novels
This is another hilarious book in the Captain Underpants series by Dav Pilkey. Our girls really like these books and insist on reading them independently (so I don't have the excuse that I read the book with them, but I enjoyed reading it, too!) The humor is quite juvenile and the storyline is very predictable, but we all really liked it. Our girls especially like the Flip-O-Rama pages and often argue over who gets to read the book first.

All in all, I find these stories to be very entertaining
Megan Kaeb
I never thought I'd let my kids read Captain Underpants. Then my boys had a hard time finding books they liked and they grabbed one off the library shelf and I went with it because at least they were reading. And then I read it and learned that my gut reaction to Captain Underpants was correct.

I really don't want my boys reading Captain Underpants. To give this series a few props, it is incredibly creative and fun. I totally get why they are so popular. But they are also full of "potty words" an
captain underpants 2 8 Dec 23, 2014 01:26PM
  • Lunch Walks Among Us (Franny K. Stein, Mad Scientist, #1)
  • Lair of the Bat Monster (Dragonbreath, #4)
  • Frankie Pickle and the Pine Run 3000 (Frankie Pickle, #2)
  • Stink and the World's Worst Super-Stinky Sneakers (Stink, #3)
  • Miss Small Is off the Wall! (My Weird School, #5)
  • Stanley and the Magic Lamp (Flat Stanley, #2)
  • Vordak the Incomprehensible: Rule the School
  • Dark Day in the Deep Sea (Magic Tree House, #39)
  • Captain Disaster (Squish, #4)
David "Dav" Pilkey (b. March 4, 1966), is a popular children's author and artist. Pilkey is best known as the author and illustrator of the Captain Underpants book series. He lives near Seattle, Washington with his wife, Sayuri.

More about Dav Pilkey...

Captain Underpants (1 - 10 of 12 books)
  • The Adventures of Captain Underpants (Captain Underpants, #1)
  • Captain Underpants and the Attack of the Talking Toilets (Captain Underpants, #2)
  • Captain Underpants and the Invasion of the Incredibly Naughty Cafeteria Ladies from Outer Space and the Subsequent Assault of the Equally Evil Lunchroom Zombie Nerds (Captain Underpants, #3)
  • Captain Underpants and the Perilous Plot of Professor Poopypants (Captain Underpants, #4)
  • Captain Underpants and the Wrath of the Wicked Wedgie Woman (Captain Underpants, #5)
  • Captain Underpants and the Big, Bad Battle of the Bionic Booger Boy, Part 1: The Night of the Nasty Nostril Nuggets (Captain Underpants, #6)
  • Captain Underpants and the Big Bad Battle of the Bionic Booger Boy, Part 2: Revenge of the Ridiculous Robo-Boogers (Captain Underpants, #7)
  • Captain Underpants and the Terrifying Return of Tippy Tinkletrousers (Captain Underpants, #9)
  • Captain Underpants and the Revolting Revenge of the Radioactive Robo-Boxers (Captain Underpants, #10)
  • Captain Underpants and the Tyrannical Retaliation of the Turbo Toilet 2000 (Captain Underpants #11)
“It's been said that adults spend the first two years of their children's lives trying to make them walk and talk, and the next sixteen years trying to get them to sit down and shut up.
It's the same way with potty training: Most adults spend the first few years of a child's life cheerfully discussing pee and poopies, and how important it is to learn to put your pee-pee and poo-poo in the potty like big people do.
But once children have mastered the art of toilet training, they are immeadiately forbidden to ever talk about poop, pee, toilets and other bathroom-related subjects again. Such things are now considered rude and vulgar, and are no longer rewarded with praise and cookies and juice boxes.
One day you're a superstar because you pooped in the toilet like a big boy, and the next day you're sitting in the principal's office because you said the word "poopy" in American History class (which, if you ask me, is the perfect place to say that word).”
50 likes
“Gee, that worked out pretty good," said Harold. "...I guess everything worked out perfectly!"
"Yeah, nice going," said George, looking a bit annoyed. "Why do you have to say things like that?"
"Things like what?" asked Harold.
"Haven't you been paying attention in these stories?" asked George. "Every time somebody says something like that, it always means that a buncha bad stuff is just about to happen."
"But what could possibly go wrong now?" asked Harold.
"FREEZE!" shouted the Chief of Police. "You guys are under arrest!”
6 likes