Start by marking “Conner (The Athol Trilogy, #1)” as Want to Read:
Conner (The Athol Trilogy, #1)

Conner

(The Athol Trilogy #1)

Erin is a young psychologist, with no time for anything but her work, and unable to remember anything about her past. She leads an uneventful life, but a lonely one, in which she secretly wishes for a soulmate...

Conner is an unusual patient who approaches her, thrusting her into a strange world of darkness that runs beneath our own. He believes himself to be a creature of
Kindle Edition, 2, 297 pages
Published April 19th 2014 (first published January 1st 2009)

To ask other readers questions about Conner, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Conner

Nicole Hill
Jul 14, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Holy Crap! I just have to start off with that. Conner is absolutely amazing! I started this book at 8pm and the next thing I knew, It was 3:45am and I was staring at the wall of my bedroom in complete disbelief. This story line is one of a kind. Half the time, I felt like i'd dived head first into the rabbit hole with no clue as to how I would ever get out. I'm still not out. Usually, by the time iv'e finished no more than a quarter of any given book, Iv'e already pretty much figured out how it' ...more
Tara Wood
May 27, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Let me start off by saying, that as a sub-genre of paranormal romance, werewolves do not interest me. I find that they are overly clichéd, and frankly, too much attention is given to the more “wolf-like” aspects of the hero. I don’t think dogs are sexy. And I don’t want to read about sexy dogs. That being said, Conner has made me do a complete one-eighty on the whole werewolf thing. At least on Miranda Stork’s werewolves.

From the beginning, Conner is described with just enough detail to be sexy
Proserpine
Jul 14, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I like the imagination of the author for this one! The way the author introduced her story, characters and the plot with Conner into a mental institution for believing he to be a werewolf, was fantastic.

Ms. Stork has a lot of creativity and a good sense of plotting, humour and entertainment. I have to say that the little twist at the end was a great surprise and surely quite interesting!

Erin is a psychologist who's working at the same mental institution where Conner is detained. She was assign t
Kevin Hammond
Dec 19, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Firstly i would have to say that if you are a fan of werewolf stories then you will need to get this. secondly i would say that if you are not a fan of werewolf stories then you should get it anyway. the story is just brilliant. the twists and turns , the very evolution of the plotline and the characters are so carefuly planned out. just brilliant.
i read one werewolf story before this, by a different author, and although the background to the story was great, it wasnt the best. i think this stor
Louisa Thomas
Jun 02, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I got this book free as part of a promotion and read it last week. And I have to say...I LOVED it!!!

I've never heard of this author before, but she can really spin a tale, and 'Conner' has some amazing twists in it that I never saw coming. The character of Conner is so HAWT! And Erin is a great female lead, shes really intelligent and confident, and she is well-rounded as a character.

The settings were so vivid, and I felt as though I were really there. The story moved fast, but not so fast that
Jen
Favourite Character: Filtiarn (what can I say, I like bad guys *laugh*)

Erin is a psychologist, who is asked to work on a new case. Little does she know this case will turn her life upside down, if she takes it. Conner, who is the name of the patient in the case, thinks he is a werewolf and has been in the practice for some years. Conner is handsome, built and charming and Erin and Conner seem to have a connection, but why? Read the book and find out.

I found that although this novel is a paranorm
Paula  Phillips
May 11, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Isn't it funny that once you know someone with a particular name , when you see that name it makes you either smile or cringe , it casts a reaction. For me , I smiled when I saw the name Connor as that is my nephew's name.
Connor by Miranda Stork held two things that I really enjoy , the first obviously werewolves though I am a Vampire girl if it came down to the crunch and Psychiatry , more specifically Mental Illnesses which I love reading and discovering about - this could be due to my Dad wo
Susan Griscom
Sep 04, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fantasy, horror
LOVED IT!

“But Erin,” he said in his low, deep Irish accent, “Would you do all this if you weren’t attracted to me?”
~~~~
Thump.
It isn’t there!
Thump.
“It isn’t there! It isn’t there!
Thump!
IT ISN’T THERE!
Silence.

~~~
Ahhh … I’m not sure where to begin. My mind is still back in Ireland at Forest Hall … in the shower! LOL. I loved Conner. He’s sweet, sexy, sultry and dangerous, or is he? Hmmm… you’ll have to read to find out. I loved this book. It literally had me squirming in my seat. SQUIRMING! In
Kym Grosso
Aug 22, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Erin is a psychologist who agrees to take on a patient who believes he is a werewolf, Conner. Erin and Conner have a hot attraction toward each other, but Erin isn't sure who or what to trust, not even herself or her own memories. What I loved about this book was that there is a such a twist on the traditional werewolf/shifter story, and you never really knew what was going to happen until the end.

I could not stop reading this book until it was finished because I had to know what happened! Coul
Melissa French
Jun 02, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Anyone who wants a new kind of paranormal romance or fantasy
Like two of the other reviewers here, I recieved this book free in an Amazon promotion. I wasn't actually sure if I was going to like it, as I don't always like a lot of paranormal romances, usually because they tend to be very heavy on the romance side of things.

But I have to say, I really enjoyed this one. It isn't just all about the relationship between Erin and Conner and Filtiarn, although that is very well written into the story line. There is plenty of action that happens, but the pace of
Fran
May 27, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Wow... Just wow. The cover is what hooked me the most, but after reading the blurb I knew I absolutely had to read this book!
I know I don't read as fast or as much as everyone else does, but I found the story really original. You start following Erin's adventure (even though this first book is about Conner) and you get to a point in which you find yourself doubting the events like Erin does, wondering if what you're reading is real or not. And that was really cool.
The sexual tension is unbearab
Trish Dawson
Jul 16, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
'Conner' took me on a wild, fantastic and exciting ride! I feel as if I've been to Ireland and back with Erin, the female lead of this story. There's action, suspense, fantasy, romance, and just enough of the story left unanswered for me to crave more. I know that there is a sequel, and now, I simply must read it! :D Grammar perfectionists will find a few mistakes, but not enough to take away from the fast-pace of the story - full of just as many twists and turns as the main character's Manor ho ...more
Maxi Shelton
Jun 02, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Miranda is a very cunning when she writes. She tells you just enough to get you interested, then drip feeds you the rest of the plot slowly throughout the book. You have to read until the very end, you are hooked, sucked in, begging for more. You have to read until to very end, to quite simple find out what is really happening, what is it Miranda is not telling you, that you know is in the air and feel in you bones. You are hooked whether you like it or not! A great read.
Anita Kingsberry
I loved it. It's not just another werewolf story. It's a psychological

thriller. This story has an edge that will keep you guessing and makes it possible to to put down.

I would highly recommend reading it.
Dec 04, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Amazing. everytime I thought I had the plot figured out a new twist appeared. Connor was nothing like I excpected. Highly recommend this book.
Liz at Fictional Candy
May 31, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: werewolf
Review to come, June 7First, I want to say I loved Miranda’s dedications at the beginning. They were so very heartwarming!

Erin is a professor who occasionally takes on some therapy cases. Professor Whitfield has a private practice now, and he asks Erin to work on a difficult case. The patient believes he is a werewolf – and he is asking specifically for Erin.

Normally, working at a private practice is against her principles; money should not be able to purchase good health. But something about th
Thomas Winship
Jun 10, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I found Miranda Stork’s debut novel, “Conner,” to be as schizophrenic as one of its main characters is suspected of being. Sometimes, it’s a straight up YA paranormal romance, throbbing with lust-filled exchanges and arousal. Sometimes, it slips into mild erotica, delivering the goods for those desperately seeking release. And sometimes it crosses the great divide into horror, dripping with blood, guts, and chills aplenty.

The great rock band, Cheap Trick, once said, “Everything Works If You Let
Wanda
Debra
May 26, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Those who love Paranormal Romance-Mystery
Recommended to Debra by: Author
Really great paranormal romance, but it goes even further with suspense and mystery! Great story with surprises at every turn and it keeps you guessing! A nice twist I must say! I received this book as a gift!
Cameo
Aug 17, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Review to follow... :)
Bella Doerres
Oct 07, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
to be added
L.P. Dover
May 29, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I loved this book!!! It definitely had a whirlwind of twists and turns that I wasn't expecting!! It had me on the edge of my seat the whole time wondering, and I couldn't wait to get to the ending to get the answers I wanted. The next book I'm sure is going to be awesome! I can't wait to read it to find out what happens next!!
Linda Jackson
Feb 13, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Loved It! This book had so many unexpected twists and turns in the story it kept me hooked all the way through wanting to know what happens next. I loved Erin despite her curiosity landing her in trouble quite a few times! A very Cleverly thought out plot, I thoroughly enjoyed this book and will definitely be purchasing the second book titled 'Erin'. A definite must read for all.
Shelly Hammond
Mar 25, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This was such a wonderful werewolf story. It was one of those stories that you begin reading thinking you have an idea of where it is going, only to find out that you had no idea at all. It was a very nice surprise. As you read this story, you come to realize that it's not a story that you've heard a million times before but instead it is a completely unique perspective on a well-known and very popular legend, the werewolf.

The author manages to artfully tell a tale that blends a modern day persp
CeCe
I loved the start of this book. Erin, a psychologist, is asked to check on a man, Conner, who says that he changes into a werewolf. I loved that the meetings went through a period of time and not a week. What turned me away from the story was that when those sessions ended, I hated the "pointless riddles" which were predictable early in the story. The author should have just announced them at 60% and not waited until 95%. I felt as if things were prolonged just to add drama. Plus not a fan of mu ...more
May 25, 2012 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
I hate to give a negative review on a book I got for free, but I have to be honest. The first thing to say is that this book needed to be proofread (a lot). There were many glitches in the story, missing words, grammatical errors, etc that made it jarring to read for me. I trudged thru to the end, tho' the story began to seem silly. It read as tho the author just rushed thru it trying to get the basic story out without worrying whether or not it made sense. I think the idea has promise and could ...more
Jessica Martin
Jul 14, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Wow, what a fantastic story! I was drawn in the first chapter and didn't put it down until I finished. The author did an excellent job of drawing the reader in. I loved the author's take on Werewolves, with the genre flooded with books, it's refreshing to read something new. I really enjoyed how descriptive the book was, I felt immersed in their world. While there were times I felt I knew where the story was headed, I was slapped in the face with a twist, and they kept coming. I look forward to ...more
PelicanFreak
Aug 03, 2014 rated it it was amazing

Right off the bat, I'm excited and drawn in by the sort of dark atmosphere. I mean this literally as it's a summer evening and the point of view is told from - we know not what ... yet. Some ideas come into place just as I am brought back to modern day and again pulled right in by the psychology professor whose ethics are more to my tune than the man who seeks her help. A not-so-subtle ethics debate is underlying as what appears to be a fascinating tale begins.

As I read on, the main character pr
Jed Lumiere
Feb 11, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A true storyteller and a master of the mind, Miranda Stork delivers a truly engaging work of fiction in her debut novel, “Conner.” With twists and turns around every corner, Stork weaves a unique and intriguing tale that has a perfect blend of modernity and lore. From the moment the novel begins to its last page the reader is left in suspense as to where the tale will lead. This suspenseful and mystical read will leave your heart racing and your eyes tearing; it’s a must for all those who believ ...more
Kathy
Aug 05, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I really enjoyed the book. It had it's own twisted and turns and didn't turn out how I thought it would, which was a good thing. I would say that those who liked the Sookie Stackhouse books would enjoy this well. It's well written and it kept me wanting more. I don't want to give away anything but I will be reading the next book in this series.
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 next »
  • An Ever Fixed Mark
  • Chained (Decorah Security #2)
  • The Rise of Kyro (Entwined, #2)
  • The Living Dead Boy
  • Letters From the Ledge
  • Nine Lives
  • Revamp
  • Magic of the Loch
  • Betrayal's Shadow (The Guardians of Eden, #1)
  • Grandmaster's Legacy (Erotic Historical Suspense, Box Set)
  • Bonded by Need (Shifting Bonds, #2)
  • Dream Lover
  • Aaron & Keja: Time Dragon
I'm Miranda Stork, and I'm addicted. Addicted to writing and reading books, anyway. And chocolate, but that's another issue - no interventions, please.

I live in the middle of a forest in North Yorkshire, spending my spare time as the wild woman of the woods, scaring small children and upsetting the sheep. On the days that I feel like being civilized, or I haven't got any unicorns to ride, I sit do

The Athol Trilogy (3 books)
  • Erin (The Athol Trilogy, #2)
  • Filtiarn (The Athol Trilog,y #3)