Start by marking “Star Wars: Rebel Heist” as Want to Read:
Star Wars: Rebel Heist

Star Wars: Rebel Heist

(Colección Prestige Star Wars de Ovni Press y Clarín #01)

The Rebel Alliance's newest recruits are teamed with its greatest heroes to hatch a plot and pull off a heist right under the noses of the Empire's finest. Can Han Solo, Princess Leia, and others live up to their legends, or will they be found to have feet of clay? Or, is it possible, that their most obvious weaknesses might also be their greatest strengths?

Matt Kindt, the
Published October 21st 2014 by Dark Horse Comics (first published January 1st 2014)

Start your review of Star Wars: Rebel Heist
April Cote
Apr 06, 2015 rated it really liked it
This beautiful cover with Han Solo had me sold without reading it. Drooling! But I did read it and loved it. It's Star Wars, with Ham Solo being his cool, handsome self. Can't wait to read more of this series.

Merged review:

This issue was all Princess Leia being her bad-ass self. Love the cover art! Enjoyed this issue.
A Voracious Reader (a.k.a. Carol)
*Book source ~ Library

From Goodreads:
Matt Kindt, the acclaimed author of "MIND MGMT" and "3 Story," and artist Marco Castiello of "Halo: In
GrilledCheeseSamurai (Scott)
Jul 30, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: comics, dark-horse

What a great way for Dark Horse to say goodbye to its long and illustrious friendship with Star Wars. Rebel Heist was far to short, and I would have been happy reading at least another 4 issues of it. I loved the different viewpoints, the narration from B-list characters talking about our beloved Star Wars heroes was a nice refreshing spin on things.

All in all, a great little caper. I can only hope that Marvel will bring us new Star Wars tales that will live up to the legacy that Dark Horse has
47Time
Oct 15, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: comics-scifi
Each issue seems to be a one-shot, but is part of a larger story featuring some of the most well-known members of the Rebellion. They are narrated by supporting characters, some of which have high hopes for the rebels, though the Empire is still at the height of its power. The covers are much prettier than the interior art, but the latter doesn't look bad either. Overall, the story doesn't change the status quo or reveal anything we didn't already know about the protagonists. Still, it's a fun s ...more
Ruel
Jan 21, 2015 rated it it was ok
2.5 stars.

Set during the time between Star Wars and The Empire Strikes Back, Rebel Heist features Luke, Leia, Han, and Chewie in a mission to get an imperial code. It's a familiar story with plenty of Star Wars-isms. Unfortunately, the multiple points of view all read like a fanboy appreciation of whatever character is being followed. All of the rah-rah-go-Luke-Leia-Han-Chewie-go-aren't-they-great of the different narrators gets real old real fast.

The ending was corny, but at least the art was t
Matt
Jan 12, 2015 rated it really liked it
Having all the story lines connect at the end worked really well. I enjoyed each individual story, but not always the narration. Two of the narrators come to some kind of realization at the end, and their change of heart wasn't very convincing to me. The ending didn't make much sense to me. Was this going to continue at one point?
Katie
Nov 02, 2015 rated it it was ok
Oops, forgot to review this. This was a weird time. It wasn't really a story? It was more like a bunch of perspectives of new rebel recruits as they encounter the OG Star Wars crew. I kinda...didn't like how they portrayed them, either? But it was different, I'll give them that.
Monika Cacev
Sep 12, 2017 rated it it was ok
Shelves: dnf, star-wars
This is... not what I thought it would be? Maybe it gets better, but honestly I have no patience or desire to read 3 more issues in hopes it does. One was enough of wasted time.

When I read the title Rebel Heist, I thought it was going to be a fun side mission of the original 4 having to infiltrate and steal something from the Empire, maybe set between A New Hope and Empire Strikes Back. But no, instead, issue 1 is from the perspective of an entirely nameless idiot who wants to join the rebellio
Adam
Dec 31, 2019 rated it did not like it
Shelves: legends, star-wars, comics
A "heist" story only as a technicality, Rebel Heist is a kind of self-congratulatory retrospective on our favorite "Star Warriors." Each issue creates a new side character who intersects with the portion of a heist Han, Leia, Luke, and Chewie are responsible for, so that we can have the chance to I guess reflect on how great they actually are? The plot breezes by effortlessly, without our understanding of what they're trying to do or whether it's going as planned or not, so it's not really a sto ...more
Michael J.
Among the plethora of Star Wars comics, this is one of the better ones. Matt Kindt is a skilled comics writer who knows how to spin an engaging tale. This one spotlights the four main characters of Star Wars: A New Hope (Han Solo, Princess Leia, Chewbacca, and Luke Skywalker) in separate adventures that take place between A New Hope and The Empire Strikes Back. They are all fulfilling different assignments of the same mission, which Kind weaves together in the final chapter. Marco Castiello's ar ...more
Malcolm Cox
This was a bit different to other Star Wars graphic novels I’ve read. It is told through the eyes of new Rebellion fighters as they meet and work with the heroes and have to make an adjustment between the legend and the flesh and blood beings before them. The story itself is a little basic, but as it’s more of an exploration of altering perceptions, that’s only a minor thing. Due to the three-pronged approach, sequentially introducing all the characters, this story is a bit laboured getting goin ...more
Wendy Mills
Nov 29, 2014 rated it really liked it
I enjoyed reading this graphic novel. It was very entertaining.
Jamie Connolly
Sep 28, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: comics
Surprisingly it was really, really good. I was pleased. Nothing extraordinary about it but I was entertained and engaged the whole time.
Mohammad Seifanvari
Aug 05, 2020 rated it really liked it
The art was a sometimes less than ideal specially Luke's face which was terrifying at times. The story was very entertaining would recommend as it is a quick read.
Teresa
Apr 07, 2017 rated it really liked it

0-3 ABY

This was an interesting side series, to say the least. Each issue features a spy playing for one side or the other. These are the perspectives of random participants in the war as they see the major characters go through their key events. The first issue features a rebel who encounters Han. When Han is not quite as amazing as he is cooked up to be, the rebel changes sides like the changing of the tide. In the second issue, Leia is aiming to get some codes while the rebel spy assisting her
Nia Dragin
Jul 11, 2014 rated it really liked it
Awesome. Chewbacca is one of those silent and strong characters in the world, and those are the most difficult to write because all the strength revolves around their actions, how they interpret the world around them and how they influence the characters around them. So Kindt did an amazing job with this issue, as it follows Chewbacca while he gets the codes to the rest of the Rebel Forces. He’s leading a traitor of the Empire, who carries important codes of the Empire within his DNA, and the ma ...more
Robyn
Sep 18, 2014 rated it it was ok
Shelves: comics
Cale
Oct 28, 2016 rated it liked it
This is a kind of strange piece - it's kind of a recruitment collection, with each issue focused on a different person's perspective of the classic Star Wars characters, although they all end up tying into one main story. The perspective is interesting - especially the first one whose perspective on Han is definitely colored by circumstances. It's an interesting approach and it does succeed, but it's hampered a bit by an art style that doesn't quite capture the classic characters. It's a nice ad ...more
Michael
Mar 20, 2015 rated it liked it
Shelves: graphic-novels
Good graphic novel, but not the best send off from Dark Horse. The characters seemed very violent, which I didn't like that much. I find it hard to believe that Leia would poison Imperial Spies to death and that Chewbacca could kill a Rancor single-handedly...

Other than that, the book was paced well, fit together in the end, and had an interesting narrative. Would have been better if the art weren't so sketchy, but the characters were easy enough to read.
Michael Alexander
A quick 4 issue Star Wars story. The story takes place in between Episodes IV and V and was quite fun. Each issue focuses on one of the core heroes, Han, Leia, Chewie, and Luke. At first each issue feels disparate and doesn't seem to have anything to do with the others, but they are all tied together in the end. Good stuff.
Chris
Sep 27, 2015 rated it it was ok
Shelves: space-adventure
It should have worked better than it did. I'm not sure whether it was too short, the narrators of various sections were too impressed with the heroes, or whether the format - graphic novel/comic book - was somehow not right for the story. So, interesting idea - seeing Han, Leia, Luke, and Chewie from the point of view of other rebels - disappointing execution.
Maria
Jan 27, 2015 rated it liked it
3.5
I liked the last of the 4 the best. Not sure why - but the structure of the stories just didn't resonate for me. The narrator captions felt intrusive.

I liked the last because it pulled all the pieces together and that narrator's voice didn't feel as our of place.
Jedi Sunni
Apr 04, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: mine
Really great read which has quite a bit of the star wars universe we know so well. Some notables include an ephantmon and Rancor which were very cool. I think it's pretty neat to see how the empire rallied others to their cause. My rating for this issue is 4.5 out of 5.0.
Daniel
Oct 08, 2014 rated it liked it
It was a good comic book. It was interesting. It was as if I got to live beside the original four stars of Star Wars. It was cool.Too bad it's not canon anymore.
C
Oct 22, 2014 rated it liked it
This one was a lot of fun and a different take on the typical hero story - a first person view from someone watching them in action.

Dark Horse, I'm going to miss you...
Keith
Oct 26, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: graphic-novels
Dark Horse saved the one of the best Star Wars whole-gang stories for last.
Mathew Carruthers
Feb 18, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Good story and art - interconnected views of original canon characters as seen by newly recruited rebels. All in all, a fun caper story set in the Rebellion era Star Wars universe.
Kelly K
It's the stories like this that make me glad the EU isn't canon.
Jemiah Jefferson
May 16, 2015 rated it liked it
Oddly disappointing. Everything should have worked, but none did, at least not in dialogue. Kindt's covers are good, though, so it adds a star to the rating.
Jason
An interesting perspective, no doubt--the main characters of Star Wars as seen exclusively through others' eyes, but the story itself was a little disjointed and anticlimactic.

• Star Wars, Volume 2: From the Ruins of Alderaan
  • Star Wars: Darth Vader - Dark Lord of the Sith, Vol. 2: Legacy's End
  • Star Wars: Vader - Dark Visions
  • The Walking Dead, Vol. 31: The Rotten Core
  • The Walking Dead, Vol. 32: Rest In Peace

Colección Prestige Star Wars de Ovni Press y Clarín (1 - 10 of 15 books)
  • Star Wars Colección Prestige Vol. 02: El puño del tirano (Star Wars Colección Prestige, #2)
  • Star Wars Colección Prestige Vol. 03: A la sombra de sus padres I