Start by marking “FBP: Federal Bureau Of Physics, Vol. 2: Wish You Were Here” as Want to Read:
FBP: Federal Bureau Of Physics, Vol. 2: Wish You Were Here

FBP: Federal Bureau Of Physics, Vol. 2: Wish You Were Here

(FBP: Federal Bureau of Physics #2)

The mind-bending science fiction series FBP returns to the strange phenomena all over the world-and beyond.

Federal Bureau of Physics agents Rosa and Adam are invited to take part in an experiment that will test their limits and blur their concept of reality. And after a beautiful moment is shattered, Rosa and Adam get to see firsthand why Nakeet is known as the strangest t
Published September 30th 2014 by Vertigo (first published September 16th 2014)

To ask other readers questions about FBP, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about FBP

Start your review of FBP: Federal Bureau Of Physics, Vol. 2: Wish You Were Here
'kris Pung
May 15, 2014 rated it liked it
The first volume was a lot of fun so I was excited to give this a go but this one went way over my head with all the complex physics theories and alternate realities. I did enjoy the main characters and their snappy dialog so I'm mildly interested to see where it goes next.

Get this review and more at:

Brendan
Apr 29, 2020 rated it really liked it

FBP has been an interesting gap between the superhero books. Volume 2 manages to maintain the odd storyline developed in the first volume. Simon Oliver keeps this very personal and there's not as much larger conspiracy moments compared to the first. The series is unique but I feel they didn't explore the universe early enough and volume 1 needed a more epic introduction.

Why the 4?

I enjoyed this and the storyline managed to balance the personal connection of the main characters. Remember they w
Caitlin
In volume 2, Adam Hardy is paired with a new partner, Rosa Reyes, and is sent up to investigate events in Nakeet, Alaska. Possibly the weirdest small town ever, things go predictably wrong and Cicero and an old friend end up dragging Adam and Rosa into increasingly more bizarre circumstances.

Did not even begin to understand the science behind this one but I liked the concept a lot and the relationships between the various mentally unstable characters was interesting and believable. Worth pickin
Cathy
I wavered on the stars, maybe it's more 3.5 because the ideas are hard to squeeze into the graphic novel format, they're just too expansive and it does get confusing. But the art helps, better this than straight print. I'd love to see what they could do if they could put out a longer volume all at once and really expand on their ideas. I saw that the concept has been optioned for a TV show, which seems interesting, but I still want to see what they can do with this first.
Garrett
Jul 14, 2016 rated it liked it
The mystery deepens, and inevitable relationship stuff occurs, while the quality level of the art and story maintain. This is a cool idea, and there's a fair bit of the Robert Anton Wilson dimensional mindfuckery happening here, which is a nice throwback to the reading of my late teens and early 20s. Looking forward to a third volume without being overly excited about it.
Sidekicks Wanted
This volume had a definite Inception thing going on. A reality within a reality talking about another reality. There was a lot going on. I liked it, but it was definitely confusing. (that could just be me though)
Adriana
Oct 06, 2016 rated it really liked it
Weird, trippy and a bit confusing, but the art is fantastic and it makes for a very interesting read.
Steven Werber
Sep 13, 2017 rated it liked it
This is a very odd story. I like the plot but I'm not invested in any of the characters. Just ok for me.
Claire
Sep 02, 2020 rated it liked it
Shelves: read-in-2020
I was most soothed by the artists' colour choices. My eye was drawn along the characters' body lines in a pleasing manner, as well.

However, I wasn't sure what the story actually was, and when I read a book (such as Anna Karenina or Nineteen Eighty-Four, I tend to knock on the book's door for its plot. Maybe if I paid better attention to FBP: Federal Bureau of Physics, Vol. 1: The Paradigm Shift (which I read last week) I'd have a better idea, but I'm not sure that would have helped very much. A
Phrodrick
Jun 29, 2017 rated it it was ok
Book 2 of the Oliver/Rodriguez/Renzi FBP graphic novel is one too many. From the by the numbers clichéd bar fight to the time flip flops and where are you now and what happened first it is confusion for the purpose of making an installment rather than moving the plot forward. The art remains strong, but there are other graphic novels and other graphic artists. At best this is analogous the old middle school creep out about what if the universe is a tiny speck of dust on the thumb of another midd ...more
Nate LaPrairie
May 31, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: graphic-manga
Glad I finally got around to getting my hands on Vol 2.

In this volume, they start developing a bit more of the backstory of some of our main characters, which I always enjoy. It's good to know, with a story like this, where the protagonists find their motivation for the adventure on which they find themselves. In particular, the kind of work that the characters do would seem to take a certain amount of determination and perseverance to keep one motivated to keep going. The backstory that we get
Matthew WK
Apr 11, 2020 rated it liked it
Tough book to rate. I guess I'm giving it 3 stars as I'm going to give the next volume a try. The story is a bit confusing - maybe that should be expected when dealing with the topic of quantum reality. But the story feels confusing and the art doesn't help - at times i have no idea what the artist is depicting or where the characters are. I'm intrigued that I'm so confused that i want to see if the story will eventually make sense.
Tobin Elliott
The writing gets better here, as Oliver plays with the reader by making virtually everything unreliable. That in itself heightens the fun. Add in the science, the burgeoning relationships, and it's better still.

Four stars for the writing. Unfortunately, two stars for the often incomprehensible art.
Trina
Jun 02, 2020 rated it liked it
Better than volume 1, not by much though. I enjoyed the art more - crisp lines and distinct character rendering. The story stretched beyond the confines of a graphic novel - this would be better suited as a novel.
Alex Neilson
Feb 26, 2017 rated it really liked it
A good follow-up to volume 1
Kailee
Feb 25, 2018 rated it liked it
Um I don't know how this one was connected to the first one? Like how was this related?
Skye Kilaen
Apr 04, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 0-graphic-novels
My spoiler-free fangirling about this excellent series is here: https://www.goodreads.com/review/show... ...more
Michael
Apr 30, 2018 rated it liked it
umm... ok.... sure.

quick read tho
Elizabeth A
Jul 25, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2018, graphix
You can read my review for this entire series here: https://www.goodreads.com/review/show... ...more
Ross Alon
Dec 25, 2018 rated it it was ok

This book was weird, didn't care much for Rosa
Shannon
Dec 24, 2019 rated it did not like it
Shelves: comic-book
Bunch of existential BS that apparently never actually happened.
doubleokay
Jun 29, 2020 rated it liked it
Shelves: comics
3.5. The art style is so stellar but I'm definitely not smart enough to understand what's going on here
Will Cooper
Mar 22, 2017 rated it liked it
Better story and more character development than the first, in my opinion, but still not enough to keep reading this world.
Daniel
Sep 26, 2014 rated it really liked it
This review originally published in Looking For a Good Book. Rated 3.75 of 5

I was drawn to this book by the title.  Federal Bureau of Physics.  Physics!  I had a sneaking suspicion that this would be a story a little out of the ordinary, and one that I might be able to sink my teeth in to.  And I was right.

There are times, especially when reading, that I like reading something that might be confusing.  Typically, it's when there is a maze of realities that the reader must sort through.  For inst
Reading Bifrost
Oct 08, 2014 rated it really liked it
www.ReadingBifrost.com

“With only our five senses to guide us through what we perceive as ‘Reality’… chances are we’ll never know for sure if it’s real or not. But when we die, who’s to say we don’t just pass into another reality, and that none of this was ever real. It doesn’t matter where you are. If your reality is actually ‘real’ or not. No matter what reality you inhabit, it’s just as frightening and no less real…”

Welcome to volume two of Federal Bureau of Physics, where our favorite age
Andrew
Jan 27, 2015 rated it really liked it
When a series deals with strange things like bubble universes, alternate realities, and flexible laws of space-time and physics, things can easily get out of hand. Some series abandon all sense of coherency (the Terminator movies, for example), while others try to be mystical and confusing on purpose and end up being lame (like the Morning Glories graphic novels). This volume avoids those pitfalls and delivers an interesting story.

Volume 1 had a mix of physics crises that set the stage for the F
Brian
Feb 12, 2015 added it
So this book fit my ideal criteria (or at least the first one did) because it was optioned for a tv show and it was from Vertigo. I hopped right on board with it because I want to be that guy at the part that says oh did you know FBP was a comic first. And then I could see my friend Drew nod like he cared about what I was saying even though he's thinking about diving out a window to get away from me.

Anyway, despite being a Vertigo book and that it is going to be on TV. I have no idea what this
Chris
Aug 19, 2015 rated it liked it
Shelves: graphic, adult, sci-fi
This is 911. What is the nature of your emergency: fire, ambulance, police, or physics?

These comics are set in a world not too different than our own, except isolated incidents of physics failures keep occurring. Gravity will stop working in a spot or items will appear to randomly teleport from quantum effects or small alternate realities will bubble up out of nowhere. Adam Hardy is a hard-living, irresponsible agent in the Bureau that deals with these incidents, keeping secret his investigation
Monique
Jan 05, 2017 rated it liked it
The second volume of FBP continues the trend of vague narrative and interesting ideas. There's an intriguing plot line concerning alternate realities, and 'quantum' realities. Playing with the idea that we make our own reality and what is streams of consciousness came together to form new realities is a great idea. I just wish Oliver was a bit better at making those ideas clear. There are still far to many needlessly confusing moments.

Part of the confusion does stem from the art this time. There

• Hellblazer, Volume 1: Original Sins
  • Coffin Hill Vol. 1: Forest of the Night
  • Preacher, Book 1
  • The Wake
  • Coffin Hill Vol. 3: Haunted Houses
  • Flight, Vol. 1 (Flight, #1)
  • Ex Machina: The Deluxe Edition, Vol. 1
  • Ex Machina: The Deluxe Edition, Vol. 2
  • Ex Machina: The Deluxe Edition, Vol. 3
  • Alias, Vol. 2: Come Home
  • Doom Patrol: Book One
  • Coffin Hill Vol. 2: Dark Endeavors
  • James Bond, Vol. 2: Eidolon

FBP: Federal Bureau of Physics (4 books)
  • FBP: Federal Bureau of Physics, Vol. 1: The Paradigm Shift