Start by marking “Let Love Live (Love, #5)” as Want to Read:
Let Love Live (Love, #5)

Let Love Live

(Love #5)

Who would you become if you lost the only person who ever mattered?

For twenty-six year old Dylan Hopkins, the answer is easy. He’s become no one. Memories of the happier times are all he has left as he finds himself meandering numbly through his now dull life. Though he cares about his work and family dearly, he’s yet to let himself find love again. Afraid of letting go of
Published July 5th 2014 by Melissa Collins (first published January 27th 2014)

Christy
Jul 07, 2014 rated it it was amazing
5 Stars!

photo f844abe0-298f-4d87-aa4f-cf01fb302f9b_zpsfeb5b223.png

Let Love Live is a beautiful, yet heartbreaking tale of a man falling in love, losing love and finding it again. I am a sucker for books that make me feel. I can’t help it- any story that can evoke so much emotion from me like this is a story I’m going to remember. It’s a story that touched my heart from the very beginning. Dylan’s story spans from the time he’s in high school, until he’s in his mid-late twenties. It’s broken into two parts… lets start at the very beginning. Lets start
Shile
4 stars for part one
2.5 stars for part two

Damn! this started out well. I did not read the blurb, so i noticed too late that the Mc names are different.

The book is divided into two parts,Part one is the story of Dylan and Shane, which takes place during their high school years.

Part two is the story of Dylan and Connor which takes place 8 years after high school.

I got so invested in the first part, then at 50% (view spoiler).

Then part 2 starts. I could
Heather K (dentist in my spare time)
Nab this one for FREE today at Amazon US! 8/26/15
* Meli Mel *

♥♥♥ 3.5 Stars ♥♥♥

● ● ● ● ● ● ● ● ● ● ● ● ● ● ● ● ● ●

"I'd do it all again, if it meant being here with you." A soft peck to his lips. "Like this."

● ● ● ● ● ● ● ● ● ● ● ● ● ● ● ● ● ●

After reading the blurb for this, I knew I wanted to read this. But what I got, was not what I was expecting.

The story follows Dylan Hopkins through his youth and then later on as an adult. This is why the book is divided into two parts. This is what I wasn't expecting. I didn't know that I would get to meet Dylan's
~✡~Dαni(ela) ♥ ♂♂ love & semi-colons~✡~
I am in the minority here, but Let Love Live was not a big win for me. The writing is clunky and awkward, and the author has never met an adverb she didn't love . . . fully and gracefully.

I haven't read the series (which is M/F), and that's probably part of the reason I didn't like this book. The characters from the other books are on nearly every page, and I just didn't care about all the M/F couples with their engagements, weddings, and children.

There are really two stories here: Dylan and S
Martin
May 03, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I know... who starts a series with book 5, LOL.
I do. Especially as I noticed that this series is actually M/F romance, with just book 5 being M/M.

So, yes, I admit, I jumped straight to number 5 and wow, I did not regret it!

Melissa Collins certainly blew me away here. This romance is absolutely wonderful and lifelike.
Ms Collins mentions in her author’s note that she hopes she depicted the troubles of gay people properly in her story. Man, I think she did a PERFECT job!!

This book will stay with
*J* Too Many Books Too Little Time
NOTE: I apologize if you're seeing this review for the millionth time but GRs ate my original review, and because this was an ARC, I wanted to make sure I left a review!

4.5--Emotional--Stars!!!

So....with that being said. This book is a part of a series. A series I have not read. But when I found out that this particular book in the series was MM and could be read as a standalone

And I really liked this one.

Let Love Live is ultimately Dylan's story. His story of finding and losing his first lov
Dia
It's such a heartbreaking story. I don't cry often but this book made me cry my heart out!!!
I didn't know what I was getting myself into. Even if I love angst in books, here I got my heart shattered...
I absolutely adored the first part of the book. I don't really enjoy YA stories but it's something amazing about discovering love for the first time. I am a huge fan of friends-to-lovers trope and here my heart ached so much for Shane. I wish we could have gotten another ending for their story. An
Wendy
4stars.jpg (640×150):

I was a bit nervous about reading this one. I am not a huge fan of the "deceased lover" trope and the fact that this book was divided into two storylines, "before" and "after", really had me worried. I shouldn't have  though, especially since this book was so highly recommended by my friend Ralu. Thanks again dear Ralu !!

The story starts of with Dylan and Shane being teenagers and best friends. Both are still in high school. Both are also struggeling with the fact, that they are gay and falling
I~❤️~Books

✮5 Stars✮

Wow... I can't describe how much I loved this book!

This story had me so emotional because I could feel the pain of what Dylan went through...My heart ached for Dylan and Shane.

Related image

This story is about a man losing his first love...but life gives him a chance to finding love again. Is a story of not just a second chance to love, but guilt, forgiveness, and how short sometimes life can be.

Image result for life is short live it

It was a little hard to connect with Conner in the beginning after feeling so strongly connected to Sha
Mark
Mar 12, 2015 rated it it was amazing
“For those who deserve to be loved….no matter who they love.”

A joint review with Lisa

Lisa: Let Love Live by Melissa Collins is book five in her Love series. This also marks the first M/M book in this series and can most definitely be read as a stand-alone romance. What an absolutely wonderful, heart-breaking and emotional read this turned out to be! This is a tale that took a hold of my heart in a vice-like grip right from the beginning and it was only when I read the very last word that I could
Michelle
Jul 09, 2014 rated it really liked it
ARC kindly offered by the author in exchange for an honest review.

Screenshot_5

This isn't just a story of falling in love and accepting who you are. It's a story of loss and and letting go. We start the story with a much older Dylan who is struggling with moving forward from a past that he's tethered to by his guilt.

Before...
Screenshot_1

Dylan has the perfect family, they care for him and they ensure that he knows he is loved. Life in a small town with his two friends (Brothers) Shane & Reid - their lives are com
Melissa Collins
Mar 26, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
***99 CENT SALE 12/30 to 1/7***

It's AVAILABLE on Amazon

Check out a small snippet - http://melissacollinsauthor.com/2014/...

Here's the entire prologue :) Happy reading!

Just a little taste... enjoy!

Isabel
Jul 09, 2014 rated it really liked it
*Copy provided by the author!

This book is #5 of a series... I didn't read the other books and I will not read them. They must be good, but they are MF stories and I only read MM. But when the author offered me this book, so I could review it, she told me that it could be read as a stand alone, and that's right.

It is very well written, the plot amazing and the characters are really interesting. Two things it is for sure: emotional and heartbreaking...

I cried so much while reading this book! Dyla
Tina
Feb 06, 2015 rated it really liked it
Recommended to Tina by: Indra Vaughn

Oh…. this one is so hard to review. I’s an amazing heartbreaking hurt/comfort story and it’s wonderful written but I had issues with the two different parts of the book.

The first part, the YA part, about Shane and Dylan, two 16 years old boys falling in love with all the disastrous consequences just blew me away. I would have loved to give it 10 stars. I cried so much for poor Shane. His innocence, his desperation, his loneliness, his hopelessness, his love for Dylan, I think I cried buckets of
Polly
Jul 07, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Heartbreaking and yet so good!
I'm going to miss this series.
Gina
Feb 13, 2015 rated it really liked it
This was indeed a sad story, it definitely captured me. I will admit though the last third of the story felt disconnected to me. I definitely recommend.
Ariadna
Jun 28, 2016 rated it did not like it
Actual rating is 1.4

Dylan is a workaholic in his late 20s. He's reluctant to ever fall in love. Conner is a retired MMA fighter who's starting over after a series of tragedies. He doesn't do relationships.

When they meet, they have obvious chemistry. But they also have a lot of baggage that they have to sort through before they can even begin to think about having any kind of happily ever after.

Content warning for(view spoiler)

That this boo
Jesey ~ Schmexy GIrl~
Apr 15, 2014 rated it it was amazing
This review is a tough one for me to write….I was an emotional mess reading this and here is why. Let Love Live by Melissa Collins is based on characters that we met in her first couple of books…..a storyline that we already had a basis for, one that made me sad even a year ago when I first read her stories. While I read I sent Melissa pictures of myself crying uncontrollably, the emotions I felt were just so strong. So without me saying anything else, this story is now a MUST READ for this Schm ...more
Mayas
Mar 22, 2014 rated it it was amazing
OMG.... I read my very first M/M book. They say the first time your cherry is popped it is painful and just a horrible experience. I call bullshit because Melissa worked me over and left me emotionally sated and an emotional wreck in the best way possible.

I fell in love with Dylan and Conner. Their story from beginning to end left me breathless. The story of Shane in Dylan had me in so many tears I had to put the book down to relax myself. I didn't know I could dislike a character so much but re
Jaymie
An Absolute Must Read!

It is hard for me to write a review of this book because in truth it isn't very often I read a story that makes me feel so much. I actually found myself having to put down my kindle quite a few times in order to take a breather and wipe my tears. I full on cried while reading it. I didn't read the other books in the series, in all honesty I just stumbled upon this book and thought it sounded good so I gave it a shot, maybe I would've been better prepared if I had read the o
Dee Wy
Feb 09, 2015 rated it it was ok
DNF - This mainstream author has this single MM title in her MF series marked as "can be read as a standalone." It was highly rated at Audible. Huh! I'm going to stick to my full-time MM authors, they know how to get you involved from the beginning of a story and Ms. Collins apparently does not. Hours of boring listening and I gave it up and got my money back from Audible. Thank heavens you can return a dud book there. Off to find something from an author I know can deliver the goods. :D
River
Dec 08, 2016 rated it liked it
Shelves: m-m
This book wasn't bad not really my personal issue with it was that one of the main character's was introduced at the 50 something percent mark. I understood at some degree that we needed to know Dylan's story but I felt like it was too much.

I did enjoy the story even with that but I'm not sure I would recommend it unless you have read the whole series, maybe that makes it more enjoyable. I didn't read all thw other books I was like meh.
Pati
Cadiva
Aug 21, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Broke my heart

Oh Shane. It's not often you actually get to see the tragedy which makes a second chance of love story but here we get all of Dylan's first love through to its devastating conclusion and we see it from inside the head of his lost love as well.

This book broke my heart and then Melissa Collins slowly put it back together again as Dylan met Conner and helped him come to terms with how he'd never moved on from losing Shane.

I haven't read any of the previous books in this series and I d
Paula
Jul 14, 2014 rated it it was amazing
**I read this book as a standalone.**

I was gifted this book by my book friend, Laura, because she knows I enjoy reading m/m. I had never read anything else by this author before.
Wow!! I was honestly blown away. Part 1 of this book or "Before" was fantastic. It gutted me. I ugly cried...hard. The first part was so beautiful. I also really enjoyed Part 2 of the book or "After." It was so very honest. I love when books come out of nowhere and blow me away and this book did just that!
Bev

Dreadfully sad tale of Dylan and Shane, and then part 2...the upbeat and uplifting tale of Dylan and Conner. Loved Reid as a character too. 4 stars from me, and it probably would've been more but for the numerous typos.
SoCalBookReviews
Feb 13, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: audio-borrowed
Well... Anyone need a good cry?? lol.
This is book 5 in the series, But I Did Not Read and/or Listen to any of the previous books.
This book is basically two parts to a whole story.. The Past and the Present. Honestly I am glad the two halves weren't split into two separate books or I probably wouldn't have made it through to the second half.
(view spoiler)
Book Junky Girls
Jun 26, 2014 rated it really liked it
Before

For 16 year old Dylan living in a small town means hiding who you are, even from your best friend, espically from your best friend. But the truth has a way of coming out and even through the fear there's always a chance for happiness for those willing to take a chance. But keeping secrets comes at a price and sometimes it's too big a price to pay.

After

For 8 years 26 year old Dylan has been barely living, when someone gets too close he pushes them away. He never really got over losing Shane
Vivid4674
The story is divided into two parts. The first part is about Dylan and Shane that follows their friends to lover story. Reading about Shane’s POV and his sufferings at the hands of his abusive father made me sad and very angry. How I hated that abusive father of Shane. The tragic ending of Shane, and the despair and guilt that Dylan felt just broke my heart.

Fast forward 10 years and we see that Dylan still carries the guilt about Shane’s death. He is still grieving for his first love and just ex
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 next »

• Worth Keeping
  • Saving Liam (Saving Liam, #1)
  • Violence Begets...
  • Make You Mine (The Rock Gods, #3)
  • Taming Ryder (Souls of the Knight, #2)
  • A Walk Through Fire (Through Hell and Back, #1)
  • Memories and Marco
  • From Out in the Cold
  • Defined By Deceit
  • Into the Woods (Searching for Eden #1)
  • Access Unlimited (Access, #3)
  • Memorizing You
  • Always
  • Grand Slam
  • Gay for Pay (All Cocks #1)
  • A Little Too Broken
  • A Hunted Man (The Men of Halfway House, #2)
  • Passing Through
Melissa Collins has always been a book worm. Studying Literature in college ensured that her nose was always stuck in a book. She followed her passion for reading to the most logical career choice: English teacher. Her hope was to share her passion for reading and the escapism of books to her students. Having spent more than a decade in front of a classroom, she can easily say that it’s been a dre ...more

Love (5 books)
  • Let Love In (Love, #1)
  • Let Love Stay (Love, #2)
  • Let Love Heal (Love, #3)
  • Let Love Be (Love, #4)