Start by marking “Let Love Live (Love, #5)” as Want to Read:
Let Love Live (Love, #5)

Let Love Live

(Love #5)

Who would you become if you lost the only person who ever mattered?

For twenty-six year old Dylan Hopkins, the answer is easy. He’s become no one. Memories of the happier times are all he has left as he finds himself meandering numbly through his now dull life. Though he cares about his work and family dearly, he’s yet to let himself find love again. Afraid of letting go of
Published July 5th 2014 by Melissa Collins (first published January 27th 2014)

Christy
Jul 07, 2014 rated it it was amazing
5 Stars!

photo f844abe0-298f-4d87-aa4f-cf01fb302f9b_zpsfeb5b223.png

Let Love Live is a beautiful, yet heartbreaking tale of a man falling in love, losing love and finding it again. I am a sucker for books that make me feel. I can’t help it- any story that can evoke so much emotion from me like this is a story I’m going to remember. It’s a story that touched my heart from the very beginning. Dylan’s story spans from the time he’s in high school, until he’s in his mid-late twenties. It’s broken into two parts… lets start at the very beginning. Lets start
Shile
4 stars for part one
2.5 stars for part two

Damn! this started out well. I did not read the blurb, so i noticed too late that the Mc names are different.

The book is divided into two parts,Part one is the story of Dylan and Shane, which takes place during their high school years.

Part two is the story of Dylan and Connor which takes place 8 years after high school.

I got so invested in the first part, then at 50% (view spoiler).

Then part 2 starts. I could
* Meli Mel *

♥♥♥ 3.5 Stars ♥♥♥

● ● ● ● ● ● ● ● ● ● ● ● ● ● ● ● ● ●

"I'd do it all again, if it meant being here with you." A soft peck to his lips. "Like this."

● ● ● ● ● ● ● ● ● ● ● ● ● ● ● ● ● ●

After reading the blurb for this, I knew I wanted to read this. But what I got, was not what I was expecting.

The story follows Dylan Hopkins through his youth and then later on as an adult. This is why the book is divided into two parts. This is what I wasn't expecting. I didn't know that I would get to meet Dylan's
Heather K (dentist in my spare time)
Nab this one for FREE today at Amazon US! 8/26/15
~✡~Dαni(ela) ♥ ♂♂ love & semi-colons~✡~
I am in the minority here, but Let Love Live was not a big win for me. The writing is clunky and awkward, and the author has never met an adverb she didn't love . . . fully and gracefully.

I haven't read the series (which is M/F), and that's probably part of the reason I didn't like this book. The characters from the other books are on nearly every page, and I just didn't care about all the M/F couples with their engagements, weddings, and children.

There are really two stories here: Dylan and S
Martin
May 03, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I know... who starts a series with book 5, LOL.
I do. Especially as I noticed that this series is actually M/F romance, with just book 5 being M/M.

So, yes, I admit, I jumped straight to number 5 and wow, I did not regret it!

Melissa Collins certainly blew me away here. This romance is absolutely wonderful and lifelike.
Ms Collins mentions in her author’s note that she hopes she depicted the troubles of gay people properly in her story. Man, I think she did a PERFECT job!!

This book will stay with
Too Many Books Too Little Time
NOTE: I apologize if you're seeing this review for the millionth time but GRs ate my original review, and because this was an ARC, I wanted to make sure I left a review!

4.5--Emotional--Stars!!!

So....with that being said. This book is a part of a series. A series I have not read. But when I found out that this particular book in the series was MM and could be read as a standalone

And I really liked this one.

Let Love Live is ultimately Dylan's story. His story of finding and losing his first lov
Dia
It's such a heartbreaking story. I don't cry often but this book made me cry my heart out!!!
I didn't know what I was getting myself into. Even if I love angst in books, here I got my heart shattered...
I absolutely adored the first part of the book. I don't really enjoy YA stories but it's something amazing about discovering love for the first time. I am a huge fan of friends-to-lovers trope and here my heart ached so much for Shane. I wish we could have gotten another ending for their story. An
Wendy
4stars.jpg (640×150):

I was a bit nervous about reading this one. I am not a huge fan of the "deceased lover" trope and the fact that this book was divided into two storylines, "before" and "after", really had me worried. I shouldn't have  though, especially since this book was so highly recommended by my friend Ralu. Thanks again dear Ralu !!

The story starts of with Dylan and Shane being teenagers and best friends. Both are still in high school. Both are also struggeling with the fact, that they are gay and falling
Mark
Mar 12, 2015 rated it it was amazing
“For those who deserve to be loved….no matter who they love.”

A joint review with Lisa

Lisa: Let Love Live by Melissa Collins is book five in her Love series. This also marks the first M/M book in this series and can most definitely be read as a stand-alone romance. What an absolutely wonderful, heart-breaking and emotional read this turned out to be! This is a tale that took a hold of my heart in a vice-like grip right from the beginning and it was only when I read the very last word that I could
Michelle
Jul 09, 2014 rated it really liked it
ARC kindly offered by the author in exchange for an honest review.

Screenshot_5

This isn't just a story of falling in love and accepting who you are. It's a story of loss and and letting go. We start the story with a much older Dylan who is struggling with moving forward from a past that he's tethered to by his guilt.

Before...
Screenshot_1

Dylan has the perfect family, they care for him and they ensure that he knows he is loved. Life in a small town with his two friends (Brothers) Shane & Reid - their lives are com
I~❤️~Books
✮5 Stars✮ 💗
Wow... I can't describe how much I loved this book.
This story had me so emotional because I could feel the pain of what Dylan went through.My heart ached for Dylan and Shane...It is a story of a man losing his first love...and have a second chance to love again. Is a story of not just love but forgiveness...It was a little hard to connect with Conner in the beginning after feeling so strongly connected to Shane.. but Conner was exactly what Dylan needed,.. when he needed him...This b
Melissa Collins
Mar 26, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
***99 CENT SALE 12/30 to 1/7***

It's AVAILABLE on Amazon

Check out a small snippet - http://melissacollinsauthor.com/2014/...

Here's the entire prologue :) Happy reading!

Just a little taste... enjoy!

Isabel
Jul 09, 2014 rated it really liked it
*Copy provided by the author!

This book is #5 of a series... I didn't read the other books and I will not read them. They must be good, but they are MF stories and I only read MM. But when the author offered me this book, so I could review it, she told me that it could be read as a stand alone, and that's right.

It is very well written, the plot amazing and the characters are really interesting. Two things it is for sure: emotional and heartbreaking...

I cried so much while reading this book! Dyla
Tina
Feb 06, 2015 rated it really liked it
Recommended to Tina by: Indra Vaughn

Oh…. this one is so hard to review. I’s an amazing heartbreaking hurt/comfort story and it’s wonderful written but I had issues with the two different parts of the book.

The first part, the YA part, about Shane and Dylan, two 16 years old boys falling in love with all the disastrous consequences just blew me away. I would have loved to give it 10 stars. I cried so much for poor Shane. His innocence, his desperation, his loneliness, his hopelessness, his love for Dylan, I think I cried buckets of
Gina
Feb 13, 2015 rated it really liked it
This was indeed a sad story, it definitely captured me. I will admit though the last third of the story felt disconnected to me. I definitely recommend.
Polly
Jul 07, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Heartbreaking and yet so good!
I'm going to miss this series.
Ariadna
Jun 28, 2016 rated it did not like it
Actual rating is 1.4

Dylan is a workaholic in his late 20s. He's reluctant to ever fall in love. Conner is a retired MMA fighter who's starting over after a series of tragedies. He doesn't do relationships.

When they meet, they have obvious chemistry. But they also have a lot of baggage that they have to sort through before they can even begin to think about having any kind of happily ever after.

Content warning for(view spoiler)

That this boo
Jesey ~ Schmexy GIrl~
Apr 15, 2014 rated it it was amazing
This review is a tough one for me to write….I was an emotional mess reading this and here is why. Let Love Live by Melissa Collins is based on characters that we met in her first couple of books…..a storyline that we already had a basis for, one that made me sad even a year ago when I first read her stories. While I read I sent Melissa pictures of myself crying uncontrollably, the emotions I felt were just so strong. So without me saying anything else, this story is now a MUST READ for this Schm ...more
Mayas
Mar 22, 2014 rated it it was amazing
OMG.... I read my very first M/M book. They say the first time your cherry is popped it is painful and just a horrible experience. I call bullshit because Melissa worked me over and left me emotionally sated and an emotional wreck in the best way possible.

I fell in love with Dylan and Conner. Their story from beginning to end left me breathless. The story of Shane in Dylan had me in so many tears I had to put the book down to relax myself. I didn't know I could dislike a character so much but re
Jaymie
An Absolute Must Read!

It is hard for me to write a review of this book because in truth it isn't very often I read a story that makes me feel so much. I actually found myself having to put down my kindle quite a few times in order to take a breather and wipe my tears. I full on cried while reading it. I didn't read the other books in the series, in all honesty I just stumbled upon this book and thought it sounded good so I gave it a shot, maybe I would've been better prepared if I had read the o
River
Dec 08, 2016 rated it liked it
Shelves: m-m
This book wasn't bad not really my personal issue with it was that one of the main character's was introduced at the 50 something percent mark. I understood at some degree that we needed to know Dylan's story but I felt like it was too much.

I did enjoy the story even with that but I'm not sure I would recommend it unless you have read the whole series, maybe that makes it more enjoyable. I didn't read all thw other books I was like meh.
Dee Wy
Feb 09, 2015 rated it it was ok
DNF - This mainstream author has this single MM title in her MF series marked as "can be read as a standalone." It was highly rated at Audible. Huh! I'm going to stick to my full-time MM authors, they know how to get you involved from the beginning of a story and Ms. Collins apparently does not. Hours of boring listening and I gave it up and got my money back from Audible. Thank heavens you can return a dud book there. Off to find something from an author I know can deliver the goods. :D
Pati
Cadiva
Aug 21, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Broke my heart

Oh Shane. It's not often you actually get to see the tragedy which makes a second chance of love story but here we get all of Dylan's first love through to its devastating conclusion and we see it from inside the head of his lost love as well.

This book broke my heart and then Melissa Collins slowly put it back together again as Dylan met Conner and helped him come to terms with how he'd never moved on from losing Shane.

I haven't read any of the previous books in this series and I d
Paula
Jul 14, 2014 rated it it was amazing
**I read this book as a standalone.**

I was gifted this book by my book friend, Laura, because she knows I enjoy reading m/m. I had never read anything else by this author before.
Wow!! I was honestly blown away. Part 1 of this book or "Before" was fantastic. It gutted me. I ugly cried...hard. The first part was so beautiful. I also really enjoyed Part 2 of the book or "After." It was so very honest. I love when books come out of nowhere and blow me away and this book did just that!
Bev

Dreadfully sad tale of Dylan and Shane, and then part 2...the upbeat and uplifting tale of Dylan and Conner. Loved Reid as a character too. 4 stars from me, and it probably would've been more but for the numerous typos.
Stacy
Feb 13, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: audio-borrowed
Well... Anyone need a good cry?? lol.
This is book 5 in the series, But I Did Not Read and/or Listen to any of the previous books.
This book is basically two parts to a whole story.. The Past and the Present. Honestly I am glad the two halves weren't split into two separate books or I probably wouldn't have made it through to the second half.
(view spoiler)
Book Junky Girls
Jun 26, 2014 rated it really liked it
Before

For 16 year old Dylan living in a small town means hiding who you are, even from your best friend, espically from your best friend. But the truth has a way of coming out and even through the fear there's always a chance for happiness for those willing to take a chance. But keeping secrets comes at a price and sometimes it's too big a price to pay.

After

For 8 years 26 year old Dylan has been barely living, when someone gets too close he pushes them away. He never really got over losing Shane
Vivid4674
The story is divided into two parts. The first part is about Dylan and Shane that follows their friends to lover story. Reading about Shane’s POV and his sufferings at the hands of his abusive father made me sad and very angry. How I hated that abusive father of Shane. The tragic ending of Shane, and the despair and guilt that Dylan felt just broke my heart.

Fast forward 10 years and we see that Dylan still carries the guilt about Shane’s death. He is still grieving for his first love and just ex
Vicki
Apr 18, 2015 rated it really liked it
I keep saying I don't like books told in flashbacks but this is the second in a week that I really did enjoy. My problem, when this happens, is that I have a hard time getting back on board with the story when it's back in the present.

Part one of this story is really heart wrenching, even though you know the entire time what's going to happen. Part two went a little too fast, I think I would have needed more time to see how his therapy sessions went and to watch him heal more.
Donna ~ The Romance Cover
4.5 stars!! This is a book of two halves, the first half had me tears most of the time. Soooo emotional, some hard hitting subjects dealt with sympathetically. I got the conflict, the who am I? The what am I? The realisation, the fear of rejection, it comes in spades. The second half once again emotional but on a different level. I am glad it worked out in the end but what a ride to get there. Loved this book.
Sara
Jul 23, 2014 rated it really liked it
Did not expect that emotional ride!! Review to come... Great pick Christy :))
Karlijn
May 07, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: mm
“You see, with you, the thing that scares me isn’t the thought of losing you. What scares me is not having you in my life in the first place.”

Many many tears I have cried during reading this book. This was the first book in this serie I read, so I wasn't familiar with Shane's story.
But holy shit, this story was intense. The first half is about Shane and Dylan and because I knew there would be something happening to them that left Dylan broken. And reading Shane's parts I was soon thinking the w
DKristin
Aug 08, 2014 marked it as to-read
I cannot wait to start this one, I won it the other night!!!! YAY!!!!
✝✝ Ⓓaisy ❣ ✝✝
This book took a turn and I simply couldn't accept it although the second half was sweet.

**full review to come soon**
Tracy~Bayou Book Junkie

*warning this review will contain spoilers*

I bought this book 2 and 1/2 years ago, but then someone told me what happens, so I've refused to read it. My co-bloggers have been trying for some time to get me to read it, and even knowing my heart would break, I finally caved. I wasn't wrong. As I finish and sit down to write this review, it's through tears and with a heavy heart.

••Part one Dylan and Shane's story:

Dylan and Shane have been best friends since they were young boys. When Shane acciden
Elizabeth
Jul 22, 2016 rated it really liked it
I really did not think I would like this one. I do not like reading books in the middle of series without having read the others but this was easily read as a standalone.
This book is written basically in two parts the before and after a life changing event.
The before is very compelling, emotional, and gripping. The after I felt was rushed a little bit.
Dylan and his best friend Shane are in love and struggle everyday to be together. You know this story if you have read any other M/M romances, h
AussieMum
Jul 19, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: free, angst-fest
I got this free on Amazon this week and it was really beautiful.

I haven't read any of the other books in the series - this is the first MM and it can standalone.

This was the story of Dylan and its split into two parts. Dylan and his high school best friend Shane are in the first part and Dylan and Conner are in the second.

The first part ripped my heart out. It was sweet and painful and hopeful and heartbreaking. I won't go into it because it would spoil it but obviously something happens that
Brooklyn
Aug 15, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to Brooklyn by: Lily
Shelves: romance-mm
JustJen "Miss Conduct"
Sep 11, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: bgirls, ebook, mm

A review by The Blogger Girls.

This stand-alone story is told in two parts – Dylan as a teenager and Dylan as an adult.

Part 1 – Dylan, Reid, and his brother Shane, were all best friends. Dylan and Shane were the same age and played baseball together, both hoping for scholarships. Eventally, the two confide they are both gay and an amazing relationship happens. This part of the story blew me away. I was literally glued to my reader not wanting to miss a single detail. I absolutely loved Shane, and
Denise - Shh Mom's Reading®
Jul 23, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Exclusive and powerful BONUS Scene

I wanted to start by saying I read this book stand alone, let me repeat I read this wonderfully powerful male male romance stand alone and I loved it!

Let Love Live is the story of Dylan Hopkins, a man so wounded by his past that in order for Ms. Collins to provide the reader with a happy, she must first allow the reader to experience his painful past. This was masterfully done in a way that had me feeling such
Taya
Aug 22, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: own-it, lent-ebook
This book was a total surprise hit for me. I thought the guy on the cover look nice and blurb sounded good. The first part of the book totally made me cried and that never happens to me. I wasn't expecting it and it totally crush me because I knew something shitty was going to happen but I couldn't stop reading. The first half is about Shane and Dylan who are best friends who fall in love but in the end lose each other in most expected but tragic way. The blurb basically what happens in the seco ...more
Emilie
Oct 27, 2015 rated it really liked it

I know, I'm never satisfied... it was a bit too long at some point. But it was a beautiful story.

"As Conner's lips seal over mine the fissures and cracks that I thought would be permanent on my heart, heal, allowing it to beat once again." .... What a way to end a story!

Ashley Griffieth
Apr 21, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: read-in-14
Soo don't be jealous... But I had the utmost honor of beta reading for this book, and I am simply blown away!
I love all of Melissa's books, and am also a pretty big fan of the m/m genre. So this was perfect!
You'll *FEEL* so much, it's unreal! I can't help but use a cliché and say Melissa has an ability to pain a picture with words... Not just a 2D picture, but a 3D scene, a world that you can get lost in. The emotions are so deep, so raw. The hope that comes along with pain and loss, the healing
  • Worth Keeping
  • Defined By Deceit
  • A Walk Through Fire (Through Hell and Back, #1)
  • A Hunted Man (The Men of Halfway House, #2)
  • Taming Ryder (Souls of the Knight, #2)
  • Violence Begets...
  • Looking at Forever (The Rock Gods, #4)
  • Always
  • Saving Liam (Saving Liam, #1)
  • Boo! (Beauty And The Bookworm, #2)
  • Memorizing You
  • Chase the Storm
  • So Far Gone
  • Saugatuck Summer (Saugatuck, #1)
  • Gay for Pay (All Cocks #1)
  • Passing Through
  • Pray The Gay Away (A Southern Thing, #1)
  • A Beautiful Lie
Melissa Collins has always been a book worm. Studying Literature in college ensured that her nose was always stuck in a book. She followed her passion for reading to the most logical career choice: English teacher. Her hope was to share her passion for reading and the escapism of books to her students. Having spent more than a decade in front of a classroom, she can easily say that it’s been a dre ...more

Love (5 books)
  • Let Love In (Love, #1)
  • Let Love Stay (Love, #2)
  • Let Love Heal (Love, #3)
  • Let Love Be (Love, #4)