Start by marking “STINGER MAGUIRE (Bruce DelReno Mystery, #2)” as Want to Read:
STINGER MAGUIRE (Bruce DelReno Mystery, #2)

STINGER MAGUIRE

(A Bruce DelReno Mystery #2)

Taryn Maguire was good at hitting the shot called a stinger, good enough to get on the PGA Tour. Taryn was called Stinger. He was a top golfer and known as a humanitarian. He was brutally murdered after returning to his hometown, Willowtree, Arizona, for a charity event.
Bruce DelReno, a retired postman and golf enthusiast, found the body and becomes emotionally involved in
ebook, First Edition, 274 pages
Published March 22nd 2014 by Mike Bove at CreateSpace

To ask other readers questions about STINGER MAGUIRE, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about STINGER MAGUIRE

Una Tiers
Jun 26, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A golf cozy? Absolutely. Mike has constructed a lovely plot with plenty of golf talk. He has a sinister method of murder. The characters are nicely developed and the dialogue is clear.
However, no one ever yells 'fore.'
Carol  MacInnis
Apr 18, 2014 rated it really liked it
I won this book from a contest on Goodreads.

Bruce DelReno is a retired postman and an avid golfer. He is also Willowdale high Schoole's golf coach and is about to have his first practice. But when he arrives in the lock room of the high school, he is horrified to find golf pro Taryn 'Stinger' Maguire dead. Stinger had come back to his hometown for a charity event and is a legend in Willowdale, Arizona. When Bruce advises the Willowdale Police Chief, Pete Holton, Bruce is advised to wait for him.
K.A. Krisko
Mar 27, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: mystery
It's hard to say what I like about these books - it's easier to criticize than compliment, when it comes down to it. I read 'Willowtree', the first Bruce DelReno book, several years ago, and after a couple of years had gone by, I realized the characters had stuck with me. The book crossed my mind from time to time and I could remember names, places, and events. Given that I often completely forget a book after I read it, that means something to me, and I looked forward to this one.

Bruce DelReno
Amber Polo
May 05, 2014 rated it it was amazing
A Bruce DelReno mystery is like a visit with old friends - if your old friends golf a lot and sometimes find dead bodies.

“Stinger” is another winner. Follow laid-back Bruce to the course, as he coaches h.s. golf, cooks for his wife, tackles the issue of gays in pro sports, keeps looking for the killer, and brings the mystery to a satisfying ending.

Filled with golf humor (even for non-golfers). You’ve got to respect a cozy author who can include the words “Duct tape,” “Top-Flite golf ball,” and
Jerry Chick
May 30, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I really liked this cozy with a golfing background. Interesting characters and a good story. Would recommend to any cozy/mystery fan.
Julia
Apr 20, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: readers-favorite
Reviewed by Julia for Readers' Favorite.

Stinger Maguire is Mike Bove’s second Bruce DelReno mystery, following on from 2011’s Willowtree. In this instalment, retired post man and current golf coach, Bruce, finds the tortured and battered body of local boy made good - PGA golfer, Taryn ‘Stinger’ Maguire - gruesomely displayed in the locker room of Willowtree High School. Due to finding the body, and the esteem in which Maguire is held locally, Bruce takes a personal interest in finding his murder
RJ
Mar 31, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Stinger Maguire is a terrific cozy mystery, even if you aren't a golfer. If, like me, you enjoy playing the sport and enjoy well-written mysteries, you'll love it.

Author Mike Bove does an excellent job of blending social, family, and small town issues seamlessly into the plot. The characters are well defined, and the author plays fair with the clues.

My only criticism is the number of spoiler references made to the first novel in the series, Willowtree. I rarely read a series in order. Usually, e
joel newman
Feb 28, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Pleasant lighthearted mystery

Not exactly the elusive Great American Novel, but a pleasant, well written easy to read story. A little predictable but that shouldn't detract from enjoying some quality alone time with a lighthearted and fun mystery.
James Lynam
Katharine Adams
Diana Senn
Mary
Mar 25, 2014
Educated at UVM, and Castleton State College. Participated in track and field, soccer, basketball and drama. Wrote for HS and College newspapers.
Taught Phys Ed in Jr-Hi, also Gen Sci and Math. Coached JV track and field and varsity soccer. Was high school drama director.
Baseball, soccer and gymnastics official.
Town recreation director, Little League director, actor and director in community theate

A Bruce DelReno Mystery (2 books)
  • Willowtree A Bruce DelReno Mystery