Start by marking “An Amish Second Christmas” as Want to Read:

An Amish Second Christmas

(An Amish Second Christmas)

When Christmas Comes Again by Beth Wiseman

Katherine Zook and her four children are facing their first Christmas without a loved one, and the future seems dim.But when a mysterious "Englisch" man begins to show up in the most unlikely of places, Katherine can t help but be suspicious . . . and a bit curious.

Her Christmas Pen Pal by Ruth Reid

WhenJoy Stolzfus s boyfriend tell
Published October 14th 2014 by Thomas Nelson (first published January 1st 2014)

To ask other readers questions about An Amish Second Christmas, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about An Amish Second Christmas

Jenny (Reading Envy)
Dec 26, 2018 rated it really liked it
I wanted something cozy and light for holiday reading and picked this from among the sea of Amish Christmas romance novella collections in Hoopla, since they are apparently a thing. When I give it 4 stars I'm not saying hey guys this is great literature but that it satisfies the requirement for what it is: chaste romance, powered by tight communities full of people who know everything about you, and delicious delicious baked goods.

This was interesting be
Shari Larsen
Dec 20, 2014 rated it it was amazing

The common thread through these 4 novellas is that each one includes the Amish custom of celebrating "Second Christmas", which is the day after Christmas, usually spent visiting friends, family, and neighbors.

When Christmas Comes Again by Beth Wiseman is a bit different than your typical Amish story, as it does not focus on a romance; it is a story of a family reconciliation and healing.

Her Christmas Pen Pal by Ruth Reid is a delightful story about a misdirected package with a letter, and the co
Heidi Robbins (Heidi Reads...)
This is a wonderful collection of holiday-themed stories that Amish fiction fans will love! I enjoyed each story and the characters in them. "When Christmas Comes Again" had a bit of a mystery and I loved the healing that the family went through as they showed compassion instead of holding on to past grudges. "Her Christmas Pen Pal" was a fun twist on You've Got Mail, and the romance was great! "A Gift for Anne Marie" is sweet story of friends who become more when they realize they will be separ ...more
Nov 01, 2014 rated it it was amazing
“When Christmas Comes Again” by Beth Wiseman

Katherine knows the first Christmas without Elias will be hard for her and the children. But when a mysterious Englischer appears with photographs of her late husband, Katherine begins to wonder what other blessings Christmas could have in store.

My thoughts: When Christmas Comes Again wasn't technically a romance, though Katherine's oldest daughter has a beau. It was women's fiction. I enjoyed getting to know Katherine and hearing some of the details
Sarah Bailey
Please bear with me as I read this back in December before my husband’s passing so while I can say I thoroughly enjoyed these four novellas my memory is a bit rusty with all that has gone on these past few weeks. I’m a huge fan of all four authors and so I can’t tell you which you novella I enjoyed the most because of liking all of their writing when they work solo. If I were to read this again I know that Katherine’s story in “When Christmas Comes Again” due to the fact that she is a widow, and ...more
Elizabeth Meadows
Very sweet, clean Christmas themed stories & romances.
Rhonda
Oct 09, 2014 rated it it was amazing
When Christmas Comes Again by Beth Wiseman

MY Review of When Christmas Comes Again: This book speaks of second chances, forgiveness, and love. I was truly touched by Katherine Zook and her children and when the identity of the mysterio
Brittany
Oct 17, 2014 rated it really liked it
This was a fun set of novellas to read, perfect for Amish fiction fans. These are sweet stories full of love, faith, and happy endings. They are quick reads, since the stories are novellas. However, each story was fully developed with interesting characters and plots. All four stories were good and it is hard to pick a favorite.

There is light romance and a compelling, mysterious stranger in Beth Wiseman’s When Christmas Comes Again. This was a very unique and interesting story to start the colle
Lindsay
An Amish Second Christmas In When Christmas Comes Again, Kathleen and her four children are having their first Christmas without a love one. Kathleen starts to see an English man around the town. She receives a package at the door. There some photos in the box. There more to this story and quite a few twist and turns. There seems to be a mystery about this man. The man seem to know what or how some of the feeling of the family. Do they need help or will Kathleen mislead the what going on with he ...more
Maureen Timerman
Oct 07, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2014
An Amish Second Christmas was a quick and enjoyable read. Some of the characters are centered in previous stories from these authors, and made it fun to come home. They all have a continuous theme of the Amish Christmas, the second one, and all have a little surprise to go along with the holiday.
We travel to different communities with the Amish, so we are in various US states, but most of the traditions and religious aspects of these stories tie in beautifully.
How would you feel if someone, you
Freda Mans-Labianca
When Christmas Comes Again by Beth Wiseman, though small in words, packed a big punch. I was laughing, enamored by James, and even shed a tear or two. Great storytelling to get you into the spirit of what Christmas is all about.
Her Christmas Pen Pal by Ruth Reid, was such a cute story. I was wondering if the pen pals were ever going to come together and am glad I got the answer. Once I learned about the characters, the story happened exactly as I hoped it would go.
A Gift For Anne Marie by Kathle
Christy
Jun 18, 2014 rated it liked it
Shelves: amish, christmas
My first Christmas read for the season!! And it was pretty good.

When Christmas Comes Again by Beth Wiseman left me a little melancholy and sad; not exactly what I want to feel at Christmas time. The weather is already cold and the days are shorter and I want something stirring in my heart that brings joy instead of grief.

Her Christmas Pen Pal by Ruth Reid was a light read with a little sass and maybe a little too much confusion for me to settle in and not get aggravated with the characters.

A Gi
Tima
Nov 09, 2014 rated it really liked it
Four stories by four different authors are all about Christmas. The stories don't seem to connect in any way except the Christmas theme. Each one is about second chances at Christmas time.

I enjoyed each story. They were sweet, romantic (except for the first one), and brought out the real reason for Christmas. My only complaint with the first story was that it felt like it might have been a middle book in a series. There were several details that I felt I had missed and the book ended like anothe
Leah
Sep 29, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I liked three out of four of these stories, which are centered around Second Christmas (Boxing Day). The stories that I like were Her Christmas Pen Pal, which was my favorite story, A Gift for Ann Marie, and The Christmas Aprons. Each of these stories got 4 stars. These were such sweet stories. I liked the main characters, settings, and that each of the stories had a happy ending. Her Christmas Pen Pal and The Christmas Aprons involved baking, which I enjoyed. The story that I didn't like was th ...more
Barbara
Jul 02, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I love these books... the thread that binds all of the novellas in one binding. Thank you to whomever came up with the idea.

I wish my family could embrace the concept of Second Christmas. Family day on Christmas and visiting the the next day would be wonderful.
Shannah Mauney
Overall, this collection of Christmas novellas was sweet and the messages were well written and thought out. I thoroughly enjoyed them.

Janice
Oct 15, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Read this on the Kindle

This is a 4 in 1 book each one different all very good
Danielle Urban
Jul 14, 2016 rated it it was amazing
When Christmas Comes Again by Beth Wiseman is an Amish tale that will leave readers laughing, crying and falling in love. Christmas is a time for family. For the Amish, they have an event where it's just for family and their memories. I found it quite peaceful and enjoyable to read. A grandfather once left his family because of a crime he witnessed. No one knew why he left the Amish community nor was there time to explain. The danger was at hand. Leaving behind one's family so that they wouldn't ...more
Rachel
Oct 24, 2017 rated it it was amazing
As Always I love Amish stories and this one didn't fail to meet my expectations. Four novellas by well known Amish writing authors. The stories had a real life feel to them, plenty enough Christmas feel, and kept me interested the whole way through.
Marci
Dec 25, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I really enjoyed this book! While it didn't give me all the "Christmas feels," it was an enjoyable read with likeable characters.
Megara 🧿
Dec 07, 2017 rated it it was ok
Shelves: audiobooks
If you’re looking for a simple, predictable, Christmas-themed, but cozy read for escapism, this just may be the book you’re looking for.
Sharon
Beautiful, heartwarming, and inspirational stories.
Lola
Dec 09, 2017 rated it really liked it
A book containing four novellas by four different authors.
Amish Second Christmas is the day after Christmas devoted
to family.
Three of the four stories were very good.
Jalynn Patterson
Oct 20, 2014 rated it it was amazing
About the Book:

Her Christmas Pen Pal by Ruth Reid

When Joy Stolzfus's boyfriend tells her he wants to court other women, she's shocked.She pours her heart out in a letter, but it mistakenly rea
Faith Flaherty
Dec 02, 2014 rated it it was amazing

An Amish Second Christmas is a collection of four novellas by Beth Wiseman, Kathleen Fuller, Ruth Reid, and Tricia Goyer. All the stories deal with Amish life, and the day after Christmas, which is a fun, social activity day, in the Amish world. This day after Christmas is known as Second Christmas, hence the title.

Since I read this book in December, I enjoyed the holiday theme even more than usual. The four stories are light and easy to read. I am going to recommend An Amish Second Christmas f
Sally
Oct 26, 2014 rated it it was amazing
“When Christmas Comes Again” by Beth Wiseman:
Katherine Zook and her children will face the holidays for the first time this year without her husband and their father, Elias. She knows it will not be easy and has no idea how to lessen the hurt for her family. However a mysterious Englischer comes to town with photographs of her late husband and she has no idea how he came to have them, since the Amish don’t like to have their pictures taken. She befriends him by having coffee with him and finds t
Sheila
Dec 30, 2014 rated it it was amazing
There is something about fall and the onset of cooler weather that makes me want to curl up with a blanket and a book. An Amish Second Christmas is the perfect book for doing just that. It consists of four novellas by some of the best Amish Fiction authors. Beth Wiseman, Ruth Reid, Kathleen Fuller and Tricia Goyer are all featured. Each story is centered around the Amish celebrated Second Christmas. Second Christmas is the day after Christmas and it is a continuous celebration of Christmas that ...more
Robin
Nov 01, 2014 rated it really liked it
Beth Wiseman, Ruth Reid, Kathleen Fuller & Tricia Goyer

Book Summary:Celebrate Second Christmas, a treasured, lighthearted time of community, with four Amish romances.
“When Christmas Comes Again” by Beth Wiseman
“Her Christmas
Misty Nordyke
Dec 23, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
"An Amish Second Christmas" is a book with four wonderful novellas.

"When Christmas Comes Again" By Beth Wiseman:

Katherine knows this 1st Christmas without her husband will be hard on her and the children. But a mysterious Englisher shows up in town and she befriends him. Katherine's daughter Mary Carol also becomes friends with the Englisher unbeknownst to her mom. Soon this Englisher will become more then a stranger and a blessing to the family.

I loved this story it was heart warming and a very
Courtney Burchfield
Dec 06, 2018 rated it liked it
i have a newfound love for amish books
  • An Amish Family Christmas: Heart of Christmas\A Plain Holiday
  • Christmas in Apple Ridge: Three-in-One Collection: The Sound of Sleigh Bells, The Christmas Singing, The Dawn of Christmas
  • Christmas at Rose Hill Farm: An Amish Love Story (Stoney Ridge Seasons, #4)
  • When Mercy Rains (The Zimmerman Restoration Trilogy, #1)
  • A Christmas Gift for Rose
  • The Christmas Quilt (Brides of Amish Country, #5)
  • A Road Unknown (Amish Roads, #1)
  • Faithful to Laura (Middlefield Family, #2)
  • An Amish Country Christmas (Seasons of the Heart, #3.5)
  • Huckleberry Christmas (The Matchmakers of Huckleberry Hill, #3)
  • A Miracle of Hope (The Amish Wonders, #1)
  • A Christmas Bride in Pinecraft
  • Sarah's Christmas Miracle
  • The Bachelor (Plain City Peace #2)
  • A Wedding for Julia (The Pebble Creek Amish, #3)
  • A Dream of Home (Hearts of Lancaster Grand Hotel, #3)
  • The Amish Widow's Faith
  • Forever Amish (Legacy of Lancaster #3)
"I wish I had the time to review books and chat with you here, but my writing deadlines just don't allow it. Please like my Fans of Beth Wiseman Page on Facebook where I try to post any news and interact with readers."
Beth is the best-selling and award winning author of the Daughters of the Promise series - Plain Perfect, Plain Pursuit, Plain Promise, Plain Paradise, and Plain Proposal. She is co

An Amish Second Christmas (4 books)
  • When Christmas Comes Again (An Amish Second Christmas)
  • A Gift for Anne Marie (An Amish Second Christmas)
  • Her Christmas Pen Pal (An Amish Second Christmas)
  • The Christmas Aprons (An Amish Second Christmas)