Start by marking “Kiss and Tell (Sweetest Kisses #0.5, Highland Holiday #1)” as Want to Read:
Kiss and Tell (Sweetest Kisses #0.5, Highland Holiday #1)

Kiss and Tell

(Sweetest Kisses 0.5)

Lawyers in Love, or...

Jane DeLuca, Esquire, thrives on advocating zealously for her clients in Damson Valley's family law courts, though her solo practice leaves no time for a personal life. She’s opposed in a nasty divorce by dour, stubborn Scotsman Dunstan Cromarty, and yet, as the clients’ issues grow more complicated, so do Jane’s feelings for Dunstan, and his for her.
Published October 30th 2014 by Grace Burrowes Publishing

To ask other readers questions about Kiss and Tell, please sign up.
Recent Questions
This question contains spoilers… (view spoiler)

Jen
Apr 16, 2015 added it
Shelves: dnf
DNF @ 40%. No. Just...no! I was looking g for a short and sweet CR and what I got was awkward and weird.
Keri
Jun 01, 2014 rated it it was amazing
4.5 Stars!! Wasn't sure how I was going to like GB as a contemporary writer of romance, but I shouldn't have worried because this book was just full of S's. SASSY, SEXY and SMART!! I loved Jane and Dunstan as a couple and really felt their connection. Usually it bothers me with the ILY's coming fast in a short format, but for this little gem I was ok with it because I was in love with Dunstan myself and ready to crawl under those Blackwatch plaid sheets myself. Who wouldn't want to watch a man d ...more
Kathie (katmom)
Oct 29, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: christmas
I love Ms. Burrowes' historical romance novels. LOVE THEM. When she announced that she was going to write a contemporary series, I was intrigued. They say you should write what you know. Away from her writing world, Ms. Burrowes is an attorney. She deftly inserts judicial knowledge into her story without beating us over the head with too much information. BC, before children, I was a legal secretary, and reading a book set in this arena was lots of fun for me.

Oh my gosh, Dunstan, with his Scotti
HJ
Apr 21, 2015 rated it it was ok
I love Grace Burrowes' historicals, but I'm just not sold on her contemporaries. The language is fussy and old-fashioned, and there is what I consider to be a serious disconnect of emotions in this story.

I like the premise of this series (I've also read book 1, which will also receive 2 stars), which is about lawyers and, at least in these 2 I've read) cases about child custody/family law. I just think that it's a bit too obvious that the author writes primarily historical romance and has diffic
jackie frye
Oct 30, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Two attorneys, a divorce case, mutual attraction is the reason for possible misconduct on the part of the attorneys. Dunstan Cromarty and Jane DeLuca have no intention of act on their mutual attraction. Dunstan, with the enchanting Scottish accent, pulls muscles In his back and since only he and Jane are in the office she drives him home, helps him get in the shower, prepares dinner and when she starts to go home discovers an ice storm is in progress.

There are complications. Put your mind to re
kathy kemmerer
Oct 31, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Good story.

What can I say Grace Burrowes always writes great stories. I like these stories a lot, still like Historicals best, but it's always good to have a change. Dunstan and Jane have a dilemma, attraction to each other when when they representing opposing clients. Thankfully it works out for them.
Susan Gorman
Sep 15, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Divorce is a messy business. It's often a battlefield. Formerly happily married spouses are at odds with each other, family secrets are exposed, emotions run high with discussions over custody issues and money. Family and friends are expected to choose sides. Holidays become tense, scheduled events. Choosing the right lawyer can make a huge difference in determining and finalizing the settlements in one's favor. Kiss and Tell features two lawyers who specialize in family law and is the first nov ...more
Cruth
Apr 25, 2015 rated it liked it
Author: Grace Burrowes
First published: 2014
Length: 94 pages, 1229 kindle locations
Setting: Smalltown contemporary, Damson Valley between Washington and Baltimore.
Sex: Explicit, infrequent.
Hero: Family law attorney originally from Perth, Scotland.
Heroine: Family law attorney

As A Big Fan of Burrowes historicals I was curious to see where she took a contemporary tale. And it was pretty good but very slow. Slow dialogue. Slow plot. Not much happened...

A novella should grab me. It should intrigue me
Angela Simmons
Nov 03, 2014 rated it really liked it
Kiss and Tell is the first book in Grace’s new contemporary Sweetest Kisses series and I have to say it’s off with an amazing start.

Jane DeLuca and Dunstan Cromarty have been hired as opposing counsel in what both solicitors believe will be a long, complicated, and nasty divorce. As the proceedings take off, so do Jane and Dunstan’s feelings for each other. But are they willing to lose their licenses for love?

Jane and Dunstan are both dedicated to their profession and both are running solo pra
Kym
Jan 08, 2015 rated it really liked it
Setting: Rural Appalachian Maryland, contemporary
Genre: romance
The Almquists are getting a divorce. Dorie is considering having Dunstan Cromarty represent her, while Calvin is talking to Jane DeLuca. Dunstan and Jane are lawyers who have never opposed one another in court, though they are somewhat familiar, and each has professional respect for the other. They meet while doing preliminaries on the Almquist's divorce. They are attracted, but due to ethical issues, they can't follow up. Then Dunst
Christine
Dec 07, 2014 rated it liked it
Reading Grace Burrowes is like bundling up in a cozy chair by the fire...it just makes you feel better!

In this first of two novella introductions to "The Sweetest Kisses" series, we meet Jane DeLuca and Dunstan Cromarty, who practice family law in the small town of Damson Valley, MD. Jane's always been independent but lately is feeling like she's missing something. Dunstan, living on his own, misses his large Scottish family, and discovers quite inadvertently, that he's quite attracted to Ms. De
Georgie-who-is-Sarah-Drew
May 18, 2014 rated it really liked it
It's Grace Burrowes, so you know there's going to be a pleasantly developed relationship, where the characters are good-humoured, honest, and complex. There will also be some terrific writing, tart observations and a satisfyingly happy ending.

This novella is a little different from the Windham series or her more recent books, in that it's got a contemporary law setting. Strangely, that doesn't make as much difference as I'd imagined. Burrowes' historical characters have a very modern outlook in
Maria
Jan 22, 2015 rated it really liked it
Grace Burrowes is one of my favorite historical romance writers and this is her first contemporary. Readers of this blog know I usually don’t read contemporary romance but as it is Grace Burrowes, I’m happy to try it.

This story is a novella, the first in the Sweetest Kisses series, about lawyers who find love. Burrowes is an attorney so she knows her subject well. Her trademark witty banter between hero and heroine are just as evident and prominent here as in her historical romances. Perhaps a
Amy
Dec 14, 2014 rated it did not like it
Tzippy
This book read like a historical romance, or, more to the point, this book read like a Grace Burrowes historical romance. Which is not a bad thing for two reasons: 1) I like historical romance better than contemporary (It's hard to pin down exactly why, but I think it has something to do with the stakes being higher), and 2) Grace Burrowes's writing style is lovely.

--------------------

Pre-read review: Now this I gotta see.

(Will there be a hair-brushing scene?)
Melissa McHugh
Mar 04, 2015 rated it did not like it
Shelves: owned
This is so weird, I distinctly remember reading this last month and hating it because it's the ONLY GB book I've wanted to set on fire. (I love you, Grace Burrowes, I just speak in hyperbole).

Anyway. It's a messy book that literally made no sense and I actually remember writing "What did I just even read?"

So, yeah, serious dislike for me, but it's her only dud in more than twenty books and she's in my top five. We all have off days.
Leslee
Grace Burrowes moves into the land of contemporary. As one of my favorite authors I felt I had to read it. Novellas are great because I can squeeze them in in my hectic schedule. As a bonus feature the hero is Scottish, complete with a kilt. *SWOON*
Ms. Burrowes definitely knows the way to my heart! I anxiously await my next pre-order to magically appear on my Kindle.
Dot Salvagin
Jan 06, 2015 rated it really liked it
Fun! Cute! Two divorce lawyers going head to head on a case and reluctantly falling in love. Grace Burrowes can write romance like few others. In this short book we are given such wonderful character development that is seldom evident in short fiction. This is the perfect one-evening read. Trust me, this is a goody.
Eileen
Mar 03, 2015 rated it liked it
Shelves: contemporary, nook
short and sweet. how can I pass up a story that takes place in my home state and has a Scottish lawyer in it? good start with an adorable fat cat and two lawyers that just can't fight the attraction with the other in an ice storm.
cheryl ann crenshaw
Oct 31, 2014 rated it really liked it
Too short

I only gave this story four stars because it was too short. Dunstan and Jane had such potential for a longer story. Some authors you don't mind but not Grace Burrows. Can't wait to read on in this new series.

Moey17
Jul 04, 2015 rated it liked it
Ok read for a novella, not a ton of substance to it, and a bit too much lawyer time. Still Dunstan was charming, and I'm interested enough to read another, but so far, I prefer Ms. Burrowes historicals.
Alison
Feb 23, 2015 rated it really liked it
I actually liked this more than the first book in this series.

Jane and Dunstan are divorce lawyers acting for the wife and husband in a divorce case. pre-disposed to dislike each other they find they enjoy each others company, especially when Dunstan's back spasms and he needs her help.
Philippa Lodge
May 07, 2015 rated it liked it
Shelves: rita-2014
It was only Ok, not great. Not much happened. Not much happened. They slept together. They worked out their legal problems. The end.
Sarah Webber
Feb 07, 2015 rated it liked it
Sweet story.
Jennie
Nov 05, 2014 rated it really liked it
Fun novella that has set the stage for a new series. Can't wait to read about all these lawyers in love!
Mary
Nov 05, 2014 rated it really liked it
A great start to Grace Burrowes contempary series!
Millicent Rogers
Apr 08, 2015 rated it it was ok
IT was okay....I'm a stickler for reading entire series...it's the only reason I didn't put this book down.
C.
Oct 30, 2014 rated it liked it
Adorable! Best opening paragraph award!!
Fannie
Jan 14, 2019

• In the Clear (Winter Rescue #1)
  • Touch
  • Page of Swords (Frisky Beavers, #4.5)
  • Tikka Chance on Me
  • Mistletoe & Margaritas
  • A Governess of Distinction (Love, #9) (Endearing Young Charms, #6)
  • His Christmas Gift
  • Simply Pleasure (House of Pleasure, #0.5)
  • Intimate Geography (The Compass, #2)
  • Reindeer Games: A Holiday Romance Anthology
  • Out of the Frying Pan (Turner, #2.5)
  • Marrying the Millionaire (The Brides of Hilton Head Island #2)
  • The Dom Project (LA Doms, #1)
  • Wedding for a Knight (MacLean, #3)
  • A Dance in Moonlight (Fitzhugh Trilogy, 2.5)
  • Charming the Duke
  • The Professor
  • Stepbrother With Benefits 7 (Stepbrother with Benefits : Second Season, #1)
Grace Burrowes started writing as an antidote to empty nest and soon found it an antidote to life in general. She is the sixth out of seven children, raised in the rural surrounds of central Pennsylvania. Early in life she spent a lot of time reading romance novels and practicing the piano. Her first career was as a technical writer and editor in the Washington, DC, area, a busy job that nonethele ...more

Sweetest Kisses (5 books)
  • A Kiss for Luck (Sweetest Kisses, #0.6)
  • A Single Kiss (Sweetest Kisses, #1)
  • The First Kiss (Sweetest Kisses, #2)
  • Kiss Me Hello (Sweetest Kisses, #3)