Start by marking “What Color Is Your Brain: A Fun and Fascinating Approach to Understanding Yourself and Others” as Want to Read:

3.73  ·  Rating details ·  75 Ratings  ·  11 Reviews
Why do you zig while others zag? What makes you seem unique or peculiar to some people, yet similar or comforting to others?

The differences are in our personalities and how they shade our perception and affect the way we work, live, and interact. Discovering and understanding our own strengths and idiosyncrasies while adapting to others can be an overwhelming task.

In respo
Published October 1st 2007 by Slack Incorporated

To ask other readers questions about What Color Is Your Brain, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about What Color Is Your Brain

Esteban del Mal
Disappointing.

The author attempts to distill the Myers-Briggs Type Indicator down to twelve questions and prescribes four different "brain colors" (personality types) based on responses.

Upon reading that yellow-brainers (for the record, I'm not a yellow-brainer) "choose careers as CEOs," I was out. Suitable for a workshop, perhaps, but pop psychology nonetheless.

I'm not going to rate it because I've been handing out too many one-star reviews lately and it's making me feel guilty in that distinc
George Roper
Jul 10, 2017 rated it liked it
Easy to read. Dimensions of the brain colours were plainly laid out. By the end of the book I hard a clear sense of what brain colour I was and also what were the likely colours of close family, friends and associates.
Kristi Bernard
Dec 02, 2012 rated it really liked it
If you've ever wondered what your personality type is, there is a way for you to find out. Sheila Glazov has created a way for you to test yourself. It's quick and easy. If you take the test you will discover if your brain is yellow, blue, green or orange. Once you come to understand the dominant part of you brain and why you do the things you do it will help you understand and value your personality type, communicate effectively with others, work with co-workers, keep energy levels up and stres ...more
Mandi Murphy
Feb 17, 2010 rated it liked it
Shelves: 2010
This book is full of interesting information. Identifying the color of mine and my husband's brains was intriguing. It actually did make me go, "Hmmm. That explains why he does this and I do that."

I thought the information could have been tied together a little better. There was also an entire chapter that explained how brain color can influence relationships with children, but it gave no guidance about how to discover a child's brain color.

Over all very interesting. I think I will read it agai
Yoonmee
Feb 22, 2011 rated it liked it
Shelves: self-help
As the title says, this is a fun approach to understanding yourself and others. =) Although it is loosely based on the Myers Briggs personality test, I wouldn't necessarily call it a scientific personality test. Still, it's fun to read and it's always nice to have words and a framework with which to help remind us how to best interact with one another.
Michelle
Jun 27, 2014 rated it liked it
This is a simpler version of the Myers /Briggs, or Kiersey?, personality types. For those that don't like to read details, this would be more for you with lots of charts and diagrams and simpler language. I preferred Please Understand Me 2
Shaghaf Awad
Jan 09, 2014 rated it really liked it
As written on the back cover of the book, it is a fun read. I enjoyed reading it a lot and chuckled a few times. Can't say the approach the author used is very sceienctific but it doensn't mean it wasn't helpful and enlightining.
Farahin
May 20, 2013 rated it really liked it
The book is simple, and I have been reading it again and again for about 3 years now. This book really helps me understand myself and others better. It is a must-read.
Meghan
Apr 16, 2011 rated it it was amazing
Interesting...insightful...food for thought....
Rose Blum
Aug 04, 2014 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: everyone willing to read it
Recommended to Rose by: saw it on goodreads
Useful!!!!! I can apply this to my Mary Kay business & personal life :) This is a workbook & it can help you be more successful.
Agustin Haller