Start by marking “Intimidator (Preyfinders, #2)” as Want to Read:
Intimidator (Preyfinders, #2)

Intimidator

(Preyfinders #2)

This is Book 2 in the Preyfinder series and needs to be read in order.

Willow has her hands full scraping out a life in a grungy neighborhood where drugs and crime are the norm. Life is hard, but it's about to get harder. Being transformed into a sexual pet for an alien warrior may be her only way out.

But Stom, the man she's been awarded to as a battle honor, has no use for
ebook
Published May 5th 2014 by Cari Silverwood (first published May 3rd 2014)

To ask other readers questions about Intimidator, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Intimidator

Jen
I received ARC from author after winning a contest!! This book comes out on May 7/14!! Thank you Cari Silverwood for gifting me a copy!

This was a different kind of read for me. It is what I would call part of a Sci-fi romance genre-if there is such a thing! The Intimidator is book two in the Preyfinders series, and I will admit that I would have had a way better reading experience if I had read the first book. I was a bit lost at first, so I'm thinking if I had more history and understanding I w
Kathy Wideman
Apr 28, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: supernatural, romance
This book is about Stom and Willow. Stom is an alien and his home planet had to be destroyed. His bond mate and younglings were killed. He throws himself into his job as a hunter. As a reward he was told he was going to get to go to earth and get a pet. This is the last thing Stom wants but he can’t say no, so he goes to earth. He is greeted by Brask a preyhunter. Brask is going to help him acquire his pet, Willow is to be his pet. Once Stom sees Willow he is attracted to her. He doesn’t want to ...more
R *is for Relentless*
May 07, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: alien, sci-fi
Awesome Scifi alien capture romance/erotica with some bdsm elements. Can I just say Wow! I love this type of story and this one really delivered. I read and thoroughly enjoyed the first story in this series (Precious Sacrifice). So I was anxious for this one. Stom was yummy in an alpha alien male kinda way:) Stom and Willow together were combustible and panty melting ;) The author has been building an interesting world and characters. I want to know more about the Preyfinders and the enemy they ...more
Tanya Rae ~ TaSTy WordGasms
Have you ever read a book that you start feeling anxious that you know that you are nearing the end of a book. Well that is how I started feeling about this book. I didn’t want it to end and that surprised me. I mean this is a Sci Fi romance. I never thought that I would want to read anything like that but, I did and I do.

Hmmm I will never look at an electric toothbrush or hair brush the same after reading the Intimidator and neither will you if you read this book. I can’t tell you why because I
Marta Cox
Aug 04, 2015 rated it it was amazing
This is the second book in this series that is sci fi capture romance but with an erotic edge. I must start my review by saying although I've seen comments about BDSM this is primarily a love story with tender moments and a surprisingly humourous hero. I feel some may be put off by the idea of master and pet but hasten to reassure fellow readers that nothing could be further from the truth . This is a sci romance series like none other and the author takes chances that are certainly paying off
St
Becca
I really enjoyed this book and look forward to the next story in the series. While each book so far has focused on a single couple, the author is setting up future couplings and expanding on the world of Preyfinders, Bak-lal, and the war between them now taking place on Earth. There are numerous side characters and building stories although the book has a satisfactory ending and HEA.

The story idea of an advanced society allowing a hunt for female pets/slaves/wives as reward, isn't entirely new.
Dar
Ahhhh! Total squee moment when the book ended, I totally loved it and can't wait for more

Sci-fi is completely not my norm genre but these characters are so darn compelling, you forget some of them are aliens

The story is quick paced and I devoured the book in one sitting. Right until the very end you are frantically turning the pages to see what is going to happen next. And when it does end, you are now waiting for the next installment!

Preyfinders are soldiers, and yes, they are from outer space,
Lisa
May 06, 2014 rated it it was amazing
If you asked me what my favorite genres to read are, sci-fi usually doesn't make the list. However, as a fan of Cari Silverwood's writing I took a chance on this. Wow! I'm so glad I did! This story is amazing and the characters come to life as they sizzle on the page!

Stom is an alien, although I'll admit, I sometimes forgot that while reading about his Alpha male hotness, until an action jerks you back into the "reality" of their lives. He's a warrior who has lost all that he cares about when hi
Monica Cullip
May 19, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Intimidators
Cari Silverwood
This story was given to me in exchange for an honest review.
This is the second story in the Preyfinders series. Here we get to meet a few more characters and catch up a little bit with Jadd and Brittany from Precious Sacrifice.
This segment follows a few different story lines. At the beginning we are introduced to Talia, she is Brittany's sister and she is desparately searching for her. Brittany seems to have disappeared and Talia wants to know where she is. Brask is th
Love Africa Book Club
Intimidator is marked as a Scifi and kinky captive fantasy romance which is why I signed up to review it. I'm enjoying scifi romance at the moment as you can see from my last review of another scifi romance.

I have to give the author full marks on the scifi elements on this one. It would seem that aliens have invaded Australia (makes a change from the usual stories of aliens invading America. LOL) And the queen mothers (my brain is fried, I can't remember what the queen thingy were called) live u
Daria

Read and Reviewed for We Love Kink!!

First off Loved it!!.. I think more than the first one :)
Willow is on a hit list so to speak, there is a few things happening in Willows life that she wont be able to do a lot in controlling them. Her priorities? Is to keep her cousin and herself safe.
Stom..domineering, bossy and grumpy so it seems his lot in life... his bond mate and young was taken tragically from him. His priority in life? To see the enemy dead even it means his life is forefit basically
Shelby
Apr 15, 2014 rated it really liked it
*I received a copy of this book to read & review for Wicked Reads Review Team*

The Epilogue for Precious Sacrifice is located at the beginning of this book, which is very interesting and ties the 2 stories together ;)
I have to say that I really like the Aliens that Ms. Silverwood has created in these books. They are from different worlds, they are well defined, they are emotional, and they are very intelligent beings.
While this story follows the same course as the 1st, there is much more goi
Tammy
May 07, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Action packed so sexy. This new sci-fi by Car Silverwood has it all, again I find myself lost in a world of her creation and loving it. Stom has no use for the woman he was gifted, he is still in love with the mate he lost. Willow’s need to be with Storm is irresistible. Everything is not what is seems for these two and road blocks seem to pop up at every turn for them. I loved this fun and exciting story that had me on the edge of my seat and hot under my collar. Already waiting for more!
Bethany
Apr 28, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Sci-fi is not my go to genre, but I agreed to read an ARC of Intimidator for on honest review. I am so glad I did.

This book was a fun read full of action, romance, and fantasy. The aliens and story are believable. Silverwood created a great foundation for the Preyfinder series in Precious Sacrifice and Intimidator is just as strong with great plots and sexy characters. I can't wait to see what battles come next. Future books from this series will be streamlined to the top of my TBR.
my-reads
I love this series!
I never thought I could like sci-fi themed books but it seems that I do: a talented author can make miracles!
This book has two things things that are important to me: a beautiful love story and a very intriguing overall plot. And the cover is hot!
I hope there will be books for Talia and Ally. I want to know what will happen!
Mary
May 11, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: wicked
I received a free copy of this book to read and review for Wicked Reads.

***3 1/2 stars rounded up to 4***

He glanced over. The light silvered her, worshipping the undulations of her body -- the upper curves of her breasts where they spilled from the neckline of her T-shirt, her lips, her cheekbones, the sweet curls of her black hair around her ears. She was, he fumbled for the as yet unused human word...dead sexy. Hot. Willow was someone he'd like to handle for more than just for a kiss.

Tragedy d
The Romance Evangelist
Apr 20, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: review-books

A copy of this book was provided by the author for an honest review at Night Owl Reviews

Although I enjoyed the Precious Sacrifice novella, I was less taken with this sequel. I enjoyed the premise of how a Preyfinder acquires his target, and the backstory of how Willow and Ally came to be near-recluses in their grandmother’s house in the middle of a neighborhood they both should have left behind years before. But the level of violence was quite a bit higher in Intimidator than it was in
Tequila
Apr 18, 2015 rated it it was amazing
If you loved the first book in this series, then you will really LOVE Intimidator!

As much as I did enjoy Precious Sacrifice, Intimidator is like 1000% more awesome. With this being a full novel instead of a novella, Silverwood was able to do so much more.

Willow, a young girl who is struggling to keep herself and her cousin Ally safe in a bad neighborhood, finds herself the center of an alien's attention. Stom, doesn't want to take on a new pet after the death of his former mate, but does so to
Nerine Dorman
DISCLAIMER: I was editor for this, so it's totally gauche for me to rate, but all I can say is wow, Cari knows how to pack in the punches and the passion with this one. This one will appeal to those of you who love their SF action. If critters like Star Trek's Borg give you the willies, then watch out for the bad guys in this one. [shivers] As always, fast-paced and thrilling, oodles of eroticism, and well thought-out world-building.
Badh
This is another book in Cari Silverwood's sort of alien invasion, sort of alien abduction series.

The Preyfinders are on Earth to first find out if the humans can be starfarers in the future. Once that's been established, that means that soldiers can come hunt human women for pets, as a reward. There is also another alien group on Earth, the ones that the good guys are fighting against.

Stom is a Feya. He has black and grey stripes and a red spiral on his arm. He is a hero, so the higher-ups dec
Louise
I totally enjoyed Stom and Willow's story. The Preyfinders Series is a wondrous blend of really well written sci-fi action, strong characters and some dub-con kink. Ms Silverwood has a very easy to read writing style, one that I find captures the imagination and immerses you in her world. Once I start reading these books I find them hard to put down.

Willow is a feisty, independent, take care of myself woman with so much empathy it ends up getting her into trouble. Stom is not interested in takin
Debbie Chittenden
Nov 12, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: series, box-set
Willow and Stom. . . what a huge difference in acquisition. Stom is truly an honorable soul with a heart of gold. But man, I feel for Willow and her issues. She loves her cousin so much and is willing to do anything to protect her. Crazy story.

I wish these girls didn't have all these troubles and issues. I feel so badly for them. I am glad that through it all everyone is OK. Just finding Ally is the issue now.
Ri
Nov 19, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition

This series just keeps getting better and better. I love that Cari does such a believable job in describing things that are not "earthly" which in turn enhances the story. I love that this series introduces characters from the other stories as well. Loved Willow and Stom.

Looking forward to reading about Talia and Brask. I would also like more on Ally.
Badh

Apr 15, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Cari Silverwood continues her sci-fi world with Book two in the Preyfinders series, Intimidator. She made me a fan of erotic sci-fi with book one, Precious Sacrifice, and this installment gave me everything I was craving in a full length novel. Alien humanoid, Stom, has been awarded a human pet for his many years of good service. The trip to Earth to hunt and capture his pet should be considered an enormous honor, but Stom lost his bond mate and family in the destruction of his home planet. He h ...more
Carly Odonoghue
Apr 25, 2015 rated it it was amazing
This is the first book in a long time that I’ve stayed up half the night to read in one sitting. The reason Intimidator is an amazing read. Cari Silverwood sci-fi novel is fast paced and full of action, intrigue, suspense, and kink.

I got sucked into the story very quickly and Ms Silverwood grabbed my attention from the start. I was delighted to read that Intimidator continued straight on form Precious Sacrifices, (the first sci-fi book I was able to read.) I would recommend reading Precious Sacr
Barbara Evans
Jul 12, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Recommended to Barbara by: am a fan of author
Intimidator picks up where " Precious Sacrifice " leaves off.

Willow is given to Stom as reward for his achievements, but the last thing he wants is a pet. Dealing with loss of his family, he is not in a good place. Willow is busy keeping her life together and taking care of her cousin Ally.

When Stom gives Willow the Nanochem to turn her into a sexual pet, the need for them to mate is overwhelming. Willow also discovers her hidden power of fire just as Brittany found her power of healing, which
Kristina
Apr 26, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: sci-fi
I am totally digging this world of badass alien warriors and unique humans who become stronger when together.
Willow is a great character; internal strength and drive, she has worked hard to care for herself and her cousin Ally. And even with all the struggle she's faced, she's still hopeful.
Stom has suffered great loss, causing him to turn off all emotion except anger and revenge. This single mindedness turned him into a respected and revered warrior.
The two of them together...wonderful! I lo
Raina Collins
Nov 12, 2015 rated it it was amazing
This is the second book in the series. And you could read it alone, but I would suggest book one first.

The book starts by telling two stories of an alien man and an earth woman. By the end another pair have been added. It makes the books feel like an addiction for the next one.

Each male is testing the females to see if earth is suitable to be saved from a dangerous alien race that can take over a person and add them to their army. Along the way the males find that the females are more than jus
Laz the Sailor
This one is much stronger than the first book, which was more of an introduction to the series. Here we get a full-fledged story. Within the boundaries of the "alien men need Earth women" sub-genre, this has a few more twists and some paranormal aspects that are still not fully revealed. The sex is good, with the drug-assisted lust-to-love component working just fine.

I will continue this series.

• Hers To Cherish (Verdantia, #3)
  • Terran (Breeder, #2)
  • Kept
  • Claimed (3013, #3)
  • Bound, Spanked and Loved: Fourteen Kinky Valentine's Day Stories
  • By My Side (Safe Word: Oasis, #2)
  • Stranded
  • Stowaway (3013, #4)
  • Nameless Fate (Fated Mate #1)
  • Dangerously Hers (Loving Dangerously, #3)
  • Alien Savior (The Arathians, #1)
  • Taken by the Enemy
  • The Breaker's Concubine
  • The Warrior Within (Terrilian, #1)
  • The Alien's Captive
  • Willing Submission
  • Reality Bites (Coletti Warlords, #4)
  • In Another Life & Eight Days
Cari Silverwood is a New York Times and USA Today bestselling writer of kinky darkness or sometimes of dark kinkiness, depending on her moods and the amount of time she's spent staring into the night.

When others are writing bad men doing bad things you may find her writing good men who accidentally on purpose fall into the abyss and come out with their morals twisted in knots.

email: carisilverwoo

Preyfinders (3 books)
  • Precious Sacrifice (Preyfinders, #1)
  • Defiler (Preyfinders, #3)
“The crime rate was high enough, around here, that if you had the same door lock for more than a year, you went and bought a lottery ticket. Or stole one.” 0 likes