Start by marking “Our Kind of Love” as Want to Read:
Our Kind of Love

Our Kind of Love

Reign is convinced that Nate is the right guy for her. That’s until Micah walks into her Mom’s restaurant looking for a job. Reign can’t seem to stop her heart from yearning for the guy with the mysterious sea blue eyes and a melting smile.

Micah is all but perfect. He’s spent eight months in a juvenile detention center back in Colorado for his unintentional involvement in
Published June 21st 2014 by TSW Books

To ask other readers questions about Our Kind of Love, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Our Kind of Love

Maybe Someday by Colleen HooverBeautiful Oblivion by Jamie McGuireRhett by J.S. CooperUgly Love by Colleen HooverRush Too Far by Abbi Glines
New Adult 2014 Releases
479 books — 1,337 voters
The Billionaire Wins the Game by Melody AnneMaid for the Billionaire by Ruth CardelloRise of the Billionaire by Ruth CardelloFor Love or Legacy by Ruth CardelloChasing Justice by Danielle Stewart
Summer List
661 books — 549 voters

More lists with this book...

Abbie
Feb 12, 2015 rated it liked it
Shelves: kindle-unlimited
Reign was an okay character, but I didn't love her.
I had no idea what she seen in Nate, as he was an absolute arse. Micah was better, but it took me a while to warm to him.

There was times where I felt bored while reading this, as the story seemed to be dragged out a lot more than it needed to be. If the pacing had been slightly quicker, I would have enjoyed it a lot more.

Overall, Alright read, but was dragged out a bit too much.
Angie
Jul 10, 2014 rated it really liked it
An e-copy was provided by the author in exchange for an honest review.

~3.5 stars~

Hmm, where to start? Well, this is the fourth book I've read from the wonderful Shane Morgan, and while I did enjoy this novel, I have to say that it is my least favorite of hers so far. The story was sweet and about young love, the characters were likable [enough], but something about this novel just didn't fully click with me.

Let's start with the two MCs. Reign (such a lovely and unique name) is our heroine in
Stormy
Mar 20, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Is that excitement I feel bubbling around in my chest?

...

...

Why, yes, it is!

--------review----------

Our Kind Of Love is a realistic New Adult story about a girl struggling to overcome the ghosts of her past and a boy fighting his way through the guilt of his mistakes.

This story takes place in summer and it had that summer vacation feel to it that I like and find perfect for a summer read. So, if that's what your looking for...ADD THIS TO YOUR LIST.

It starts off with Micah getting a crush on th
Stephenee
Jul 04, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: first-reads
* I received a copy of the ebook in exchange for an honest review. *

I have read every book that author Shane Morgan has written so far and each one gets better and better. I love them all and would be hard pressed to pick a favorite if asked. She has a unique way to tell a story that makes the reader feel as if they are really a part of the story. It is almost like the reader steps into the book right along with the characters. It is amazing the way that she captures the readers attention and in
Natasha (books_n_dreams)
Jun 06, 2014 rated it really liked it
I was given a copy of this story for a honest review from the author...

A quick summary of the book...it's about a girl and boy, Reign and Micah, they are young adults who have a secret from their pasts and are trying to find their way in their new lives as adults. How they meet, come together and help each other.

This book was an easy, quick read. I really enjoyed the plot line and the characters. What I like about Reign is she is unsure of what to do, how to come to leave with her secret and try
Renny Barcelos
Jun 29, 2014 rated it really liked it
This is a sweet summer romance, and I liked the author's style.
I found the characters realistic and their relationship touched me. I like the best friend, Claudia a lot, and I think she could have her own tale told i another book.

Yet, I had a problem with what Micah did in his past; I think it was too much to be left behind, but then again, the fact that I can't quite forget and forgive is another indication that Shane Morgan's done a great job writing the story, since it convinced me this much
Lauri
Jul 28, 2015 rated it liked it
This was a fun beach read. I was able to download it for free for my Kindle, and I was interested in it because it takes place in Newport, RI (and the author is a RI native, as well). It's a light, fun read - not terribly deep or intellectual, but diverting and mostly well-written.
Trixiter Marczak
Jul 01, 2014 rated it it was amazing
First, I would like to say thank you to both Goodreads and Shane Morgan for providing me with a free copy in exchange for an honest review.

What a wonderful story! Not only about true love, but about facing ones past, fears and gaining confidence in oneself!

Love the story!
Erin Fanning
Sep 18, 2015 rated it really liked it
This engaging romance unfolds in layers, revealing a beautifully-told story of love, forgiveness, and redemption. With expert touches, author Shane Morgan has crafted a lovely novel with intriguing characters and interesting plot twists. I look forward to reading more by Ms Morgan.
Al
This book has been on my radar for quite some time now, so when I finally sized down my tbr list, I was glad to start reading it. I read about three chapters and couldn't get into it, so I put it down. I left it a few weeks and gave it another try, but still, I couldn't connect with it. Finally, a few months later, I decided to give it one last try, and I'm happy to say I got through it. Why did I have such a hard time connecting with the story? Well, I suppose it's because the story felt hollow ...more
scribes23
Jul 03, 2014 marked it as finished
My review: Anything and Everything I say is based on MY opinion. This is be being a judgmental bitch so!

I didn't give this story less stars, because that would be unfair, but I wouldn't personally recommend this book. If you have questions about the story feel free to comment below,

There's only one word to describe how I felt whilst reading this work :

Disappointed

LETS BEGIN SHALL WE;(I won't spoil, much)

--Condensed version of my review. Boy likes Girl. Girl has a boyfriend. Girl likes boy. B
Jenia
Mar 20, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Justina
Aug 26, 2014 rated it it was ok
I feel bad to write a bad review because the author asked me to read this book for her, but I honestly can't even bring myself to finish it. I'm up to chapter nine, but that's more than enough, and I can probably already tell you all the "twists" this story is going to take.

Let's first start with the writing - not a huge fan. First person narrative is not easy to do well, and it's not done well here. There isn't much difference in the voice of the characters, and there is a LOT of telling instea
Aydrea
Aug 11, 2014 rated it liked it
I can't decide what to rate this, maybe 3.5. I feel like it was similar to a lot of other new adult books. Reign's boyfriend Nate was a freaking jerk & I can't believe she didn't break up with him ASAP, especially for pressuring her about sex. Reign definitely frustrated me with the attitude to always keep Nate happy & ignoring herself, ugh. While I liked Micah, I thought Reign moved so fast with him; I was like woah girl, you don't even know anything about him and you do that! Anyway, i ...more
L.J (Lisa Jane)
3.5/5

Shane Morgan has a beautiful YA novel with this one. The story line is sweet and has that touch of drama and angst.

The characters are strong and come through to the reader. I do have to say though that it’s an awful lot like the other YA books out there. Boy with dark past meets good girl they fall in love.

Reign is a sweet girl, a good girl with a secret that she can’t reveal and a boyfriend who she claims to love. Micah is the hot young thing that pops into town and is everywhere Reign loo
Summergirl21
Nov 19, 2014 rated it it was ok
Shelves: own, ebooks
2 out of 5

This was just all over the place superfluous. There was over dramatization where barely anything was happening and the whole thing with Micah's family? It felt forced to the point I was rolling my eyes every five pages. And how Reign is so sad and afraid that he won't come back when it had only been, what. a week? Not even? Get a grip, girl. She had more emotion about that than her dead sister. This along with the constantly switching tones and dependance on dialogue just didn't do it
Nicole
Jun 28, 2014 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
This was definitely a cute story and I liked Micah's point of view and his background story. I feel like it wasn't my type of book though. I do like love stories but it's not my go-to. I feel like everything happened sort of fast between Micah and Reign. It was cute though.
Angelina
3.5 Stars

I was very thankful that the author gave me a copy to read her book. For me it was a good and fast read. I like how the story goes and enjoy reading every chapters of it. It is a summer love that you will enjoy reading.
NormaCenva
Feb 27, 2015 rated it really liked it
It was sweet and sometimes naive behaving how two of the main characters flourish in this book. But it is a light and uplifting story that got me hooked on keeping up the reading from the first pages and throughout. And what else would you want from the book nowadays?
Flo Grugel
Mar 30, 2015 rated it liked it
it was ok. very similar to other NA reads.
Desiree
CONFUSED

I think the story dragged on a bit longer than it should have. I really don't know if I liked it or not.
Christina
May 22, 2016 rated it liked it
DNF...
Ldsaldana
rated it did not like it
Aug 15, 2014
Jul 15, 2014
Melissa
Oct 17, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »
YA & NA Romance ♥: "Our Kind of Love" 99c for a limited time! 1 5 Jan 27, 2015 10:13AM

• Beautiful Lies: Paige's Story (Beautiful Lies, #1)
  • Swimming to Tokyo
  • Crossing (Open Door Love Story, #1)
  • All of You (Summer Haven #1)
  • Kisses On A Paper Airplane
  • Had To Be You
  • Stim
  • The Road to You
  • Into The Dark (Into The, #2)
  • Song of the Blackbird
  • Little Red Riding Hood: Werewolf Slayer (Merlin's Hoods Book 1)
  • One Little Kiss
  • 100 Days
  • Confessions of a Failed Environmentalist
  • My Summer Roommate
  • Life, Love, & Lemons
  • Tainted by Crazy
  • Beautiful & Broken (Beautiful & Broken World #1)
I'm a writer of contemporary romance, suspense, and fantasy. I live in Rhode Island with my amazing husband. Aside from writing, I enjoy blogging, reading, listening to music and watching movies.

You can connect with me on facebook.com/authorshanemorgan or via my website http://shanemorganwrites.com