Start by marking “Beck (Corps Security, #3)” as Want to Read:
Beck (Corps Security, #3)

Beck

(Corps Security #3)

4.29  ·  Rating details ·  20,605 ratings  ·  1,668 reviews
Librarian's note: This is an alternate cover edition for ASIN: B00HHBU5JG.

~DEE~

I’ve always been good at wearing masks. Not letting anyone see the real me. I’m content being the happy-go-lucky best friend. The strong willed boss. The independent woman who doesn’t need a man.

Published December 23rd 2013

To ask other readers questions about Beck, please sign up.

·  20,605 ratings  ·  1,668 reviews

Aestas Book Blog
Jul 14, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition

"When you love someone, you fight. You fight for them, and you fight with them."

Calling all badass alpha male fans!!

Have you met Beck yet?? I promise you'll swoon ;)

"It's time to make my woman understand she wants me."

Ok, before anything, I have to admit I was a wee bit worried going into this book because, having read the previous two books in the series, I saw how much back-and-forth Dee and Beck went through and I wasn't sure what to expect from their story. But once again I fell in l
Christy
Jun 26, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
5 Stars!

description

After reading Axel and Cage, I was a little nervous to read Beck. Why you ask? Well, I wasn’t sure how I felt about Dee and Beck. They never stood out to me like some of the others. I fell hard for Maddox and Cage, and Beck was just Beck. He didn’t seem like anything special to me in the first two books. I am a big enough person to admit when I am wrong and I will say it: I WAS WRONG. Beck was amazing. It’s taken me a full week to write this review. Mainly because I was an emotional wrec
Harper Sloan
Aug 11, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)  ·  review of another edition
Synopsis:

DEE

But the truth is I’m just as broken as the rest of you. I’m terrified that all it will take is one person to make all my carefully constructed walls crumble into fine dust. So I guard my heart with everything I have. Determined to never let anyone get close enough to hurt me again.

All is per
• Lisa •
FOUR HERO STARS.

description

I feel like I'm always waiting for the next book in the Corps Security series, and was it worth the wait? oh yes. I love alphas, I love delicious characters, I love stories that make me swoon with excitement and fall head over heels in love and of course Harper Sloan delivered all that and more. Here are my 'Team Beck' book thoughts ...

What's it all about?
Denise 'Dee' Roberts is a woman trapped by her hateful and abusive past, unable to move past the tragic circumstances of her u
Lana ❇✾Dirty Girl Romance❇✾
5 Stars

Just because you let someone in doesn't men you have to stop protecting yourself. It just means you have someone to share the job with.

It took me a while after finishing this book to write my review. Why, you ask? Because I truly wasn't sure how to put into words what I just experienced without giving anything away. While I really enjoyed the first 2 books, it is quite obvious that Harper Sloan has truly come into her own with this one. This book is really in a class of it's own.

I wasn
Aug 12, 2013 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
2 -MORE BECK, LESS DEE- STARS.

I’m mad at myself for not liking this one.

photo tumblr_lz9ioacxt71qdwjb5o12_r1_250_zps1a68e924.gif

I understand we are supposed to see Dee’s vulnerable side.

I understand we are reliving shit from the first two books.

I just didn’t FEEL it.

I didn’t feel Beck and Dee. I didn’t feel the story line at all.

It was too similar to Axel’s book. I wanted Dee to RISE UP, GIRL!!! Izzy is supposed to be the weak one, and Dee is the strong one. It’s like Dee changed for this book, and I didn’t like her at all! I understand that she’s h
Jessica's Totally Over The Top Book Obsession
4 “Your love saved me,” Stars

*Spoilers*

photo tumblr_mgrapuLT2N1qzz455o1_500_zpsdcncbndb.gif

Wow my emotions were all over the place with this book. Book 3 is Beck and Dee's story. We have watched in the last two books as Beck and Dee make up and break up on and off for 2 years in what seems like childish high school drama, but the truth is Dee has some deep dark secrets that she is hiding from everyone including her two best friends. Beck can see through the bull, and knows her smiles are fake. He is trying hard to be there for the woman he love
✿kawehi.reviews
Aug 24, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: arc
5+ heartbreaking stars!

*Due to author’s wishes, I wrote a non-spoiler review*

description

To put it in a nutshell:

Beck tells the story of….

A broken girl whose life is filled with nothing but anguish and disappointment.

And a guy just wanting to prove to her his undying love for her.

My thoughts: I’m not going to lie, I had a lot of moments in the beginning where I almost put down this book because I got so fed up with Dee’s demons and insecurities. She’s kind of an enigma for her own existence really. It con
Angie **loves angst**
This didn't work for me. I was so excited for this book but sadly I was left feeling disappointed by the end.

Too much silly drama + A weak heroine= A depressing read for Angie
I wanted to like it, I really did, but every time I picked up my Kindle to read this I felt like I was putting a gun to my head.
I'm sure some of my friends will enjoy this, but I was not invested in the characters and the storyline was boring and depressing.

Rating: 1 Sad Face Star
DKristin
Well... I was so excited to read this. I didn't feel like Axel or Cage were 5 star epic reads or anything but I enjoyed them for what they were and what they were trying to accomplish. I attempted to put that same way of thinking forward when reading this... especially since a piece of the proceeds are going to a great cause. Also, being a therapist I am usually drawn to stories that have some type of relation to or touch on mental health issues in some way.

Through a great deal of the book I va
Catarina
4 Broken Stars!!

This book tell us the story of Beck and Dee. Yes, the ones we were dying to find out more about.
Dee is a girl with a bad past that make her don’t trust easily on men and well, putting it simple, she is broken. But she acts so well that no one realizes.

description

No one except Beck. He sees her through her fake smiles and laughter and he still wants her.
He just needs to make her see that. He just needs to make her realize that he is trustable and is the one for her.
But in order to do th
Jamie
FIVE FANFUCKINGTASTIC AWESOME SAUCE HELL YEA STARS!!!

I LOVE POP ROCKS

ORIGAMI OWL

BECK....

AND HARPER SLOAN!!!

THIS WAS JUST SO GOOD! SO SO SOOOOO FUCKING GOOD!!!! DO NOT DELAY GETTING YOUR HANDS ON THIS ONE... A TOTAL MUST READ. HELL, THE WHOLE DAMN SERIES IS A MUST READ.. BUT SERIOUSLY.. BECK... HOLY SHIZBALLS......

PS...ONCE YOU READ THE BOOK, YOU'LL TOTALLY UNDERSTAND MY LOVE FOR POP ROCKS AND ORIGAMI OWL ;)
Katy Loves Romance ❤️
4 Shining Beck the hero stars

photo 7BDF2830-FF23-483F-A940-71501667ECE6_zpsymit3o6p.jpg

First of all I was a tad nervous about reading this one, we have seen so much back and forth between Beck and Dee in both Axel and Gage's books and to be honest I really thought it was Beck that was the care free Alpha male who didn't want commitment, but boy was I wrong not only did the story give me a completely different direction but I completely fell in love with Beck with his soul, his personality and his love and devotion for Dee. I was concerned how this one
Val ⚓️ Shameless, Skanky & Bitchy  ⚓️
2.5 Stars-ish - Don't read if you haven't read Axel or Cage or can't handle sarcasm...

I definitely didn't like this one as much as Cage. I know a lot of people didn't like Dee, but I thought she was okay. I've seen the effects of PTSD firsthand and it's no joke so I can appreciate her struggle; however, I also don't buy her having such a black and white defined moment of "getting over it" as she did.

(view spoiler)
Erin
Aug 11, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This was me, when I saw that the book was released early!!

Loved this series, and these characters. I simply can not get enough. Looking forward to many more books!
Anna
Dec 23, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition

BECK ❤ Mr. Panty Soaker himself ..........I loved this guy!!!!

This book was so good ! I'm addicted to the Corps Security Alphas !!!! This book deserves a proper review but right now I'm a hot mess so I'm just going to highlight my thoughts......

Dee ~ her story just about shattered my heart ! Fair warning, you must practice a lot of patience with Dee. She has a backstory and after discovering how she grew with each passing chapter of the book.....I firmly cocooned her in Anna love .....

“I am Deni
Jen
This is the third book in Harper Sloan's hot Alpha male series, and I continue to love each and every book she writes! I found this third installment to be the best one yet, as well as extremely emotional and intense. This book is what I like to call; a game changer. There were a lot of major events that take place that change the whole direction of the series, and it will be interesting to see where Ms. Sloane takes us to next.

Beck and Dee have had a long hard road to get to a HEA, but with muc
Michelle
Jul 11, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
4.5 surprising stars.

Okay so the star can be completely attributed to the following line in this book (Why the fuck is that so hot?)….

“Just the thought of your body with my come all over you is the hottest fucking thing you could have just said. Fuck, Dee. You make me want to come all over your body so everyone knows you’re mine.”

Dee knows one thing to be true. No man can be trusted. It’s only a matter of time before they change into a monster. When she escaped her life at eighteen she ha
Mirjana **DTR - Down to Read**
**3.25 stars**

Looks like I'm in the minority......again.

description

I just couldn't connect with Dee. I can't even wrap my head around all the things that Dee has lived through....from her revolting parents to the devastating circumstances involving Brandon. Just really horrible. But even with all that, I felt like all of the information was just kinda told to me in a way to FORCE me to feel for Dee without allowing me to get to those feelings myself.

And Beck...sigh Beck....believe it or not he just didn'
Geri Reads
Dec 19, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
3.70 stars!

This is one of the more difficult books to rate for me. While I enjoyed the story overall, there were parts of the book which bothered me.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

We all know Dee as Izzy's bestfriend and we also know she hooked up with Beck and then pushed him away. In this book, we get to know more about Dee; her upbringing, her loyalty to Izzy and Cage and the horrible things she endured.

Dee actually grew on me as the book progressed. I know, I know. She was annoying and she went all hot and cold on Beck
Michelle
Becks and Dee just make the most perfect couple luv them.

I 've been dyin to know what was going on with Dee for a long time. I was dyin to know why she was pushing Beck away al the time. Once I found out I totally understood and my heart went out to her. Dee as been through so from when she was young till a grown woman and men were always the problem. She didn't think she was good enough for anyone she would put on her perfect smile and show people that nothing was wrong. Dee just didn't know
C-Money

6 "it was perfection. Brilliance on paper. Un-put-downable. Soulcrushing. Heartbreaking. Tears wont stop coming. Beautiful and exactly what it needed to be " Stars

review will come when its my blog tour stop

we have a title y'all. WOOT WOOT

happy dancing photo: dancing happydancing1.gif
AJ
LOVE, LOVE, LOVE THIS BOOK!!!

The third in the Corps Security series brings us the story of Dee and Beck. These two have been dancing around each other during the last two books, and I admit I’ve been watching them and being all judgy thinking that they’re playing stupid games. Well slap me in the face! I, like most of the other characters in this series, have been completely blind to what has actually been going on, and just… wow!!!

Dee – confident, funny, and a bit of a smartass, is not who we
KAT ♕ Kitty Kats Crazy About Books ♕
Due to the authors wishes my review will be without spoilers!!

I was so excited when I got my hands on this hot little number!! And yes I admit shamelessly I did a little happy dance!!

The only negative thing about this book was Dee!! seriously did she not get on anyone elses nerves?? I wanted to hunt her down with my frying pan and hit her on the head, she nearly drove me to the bottle (house was empty)!!

But getting over Dee (thank god for Beck) I was in my happy zone!! If the book was just abou
Angela
I knew this one was going to be my favorite. Harper definitely doesn't disappoint. She does pull at the heart strings and it is definitely an emotional rollercoaster. Be ready for Beck to be the new book boyfriend of the series!! He is so sensitive yet alpha and amazing...I can't even express the brilliance that is Harper Sloan. John Beckett is my DREAM BOAT! I can't wait for you to read it!!!! Pick this one up on 12/30/2013. I can't believe this is her 3rd book and they just keep getting better ...more
Chris- Bookaddict
Full review now posted !!!!!!

All I will say is read the whole book to understand all of Dee...

Harper has asked for spoiler free reviews. So with that said I am going to tell you how I felt about this story and give you a little background on the characters.

This is the story of Beck and Dee. I was scared going into this one only because of the fact that I was not a big fan Of Dee’s in the previous 2 books. The way she treated beck in those two books had me disliking her. Now I love Dee, I under
Wendy ⏃: ✦Cheeky Chicks Blogger✦
First time read: 12/30/13
Re-read: 1/10/16

REVIEW TO COME SOON.
The short sneak peak at the end of 'Cage' killed me!!! I cannot wait to read this one *eek*!!!!
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Scott-robert Shenkman
Harper Sloan is DA BOMB!

Let’s get one thing out of the way first: Harper Sloan’s novels are filled with psychopaths. In fact, I think there may be more dangerously insane people in her books than on Broadway in Manhattan at 3:00 A.M. (and I can say that because I am a native New Yorker). There was only one in “Axel”, several in “Cage”, and multitudes in this book. And these people are dangerous.

Now, in the plus column, Harper Sloan’s books are filled with HOT people. All of the sane people are h
Nikki
Ok, It pains me to say this but I did not love Beck as much as I anticipated I would. Now, before the tar and feathers get thrown, let me just say a few things. I love Harper Sloan, I think she has a great budding talent that has blossomed in such a short amount of time. It's so obvious she writes from her heart and soul and puts a lot of herself into her work. How could I not admire that?! I LOVED Axel. It was one of the best debuts that I have ever read. And Cage was pretty freaking great too. ...more
Turning Pages At ...: This topic has been closed to new comments. Signed Copy of Beck by Harper Sloan and Swag 11 26 May 09, 2014 11:30AM
Check out our interview with Harper Sloan's "Beck" 1 72 Jan 11, 2014 03:00AM
  • Crossing the Line (Battered Hearts, #3)
  • Get Me (The Keatyn Chronicles, #6)
  • Fighting to Forgive (Fighting, #2)
  • Wilde for Her (Wilde Security, #2)
  • Love Plus One (G-Man, #2)
  • Fraternizing (Fraternizing, #1)
  • Unbearable Guilt (Breathe Again, #2)
  • Zane (Alluring Indulgence, #2)
  • Withstanding Me (Breakneck, #2)
  • Give Me Strength (Give Me, #2)
  • Campaign of Desire (CSA Case Files, #4)
  • Crazy Good (Crazy Good, #1)
  • Adam, Enough Said (This Can't Be Happening, #3)
  • Raid (Unfinished Hero, #3)
  • Infraction (Breach, #2)
  • Tolerance (Heart of Stone, #2; NSC Industries, #3)
  • Becoming Noah Baxter (Marked, #2)
  • Unattainable (Undeniable, #3)
Harper Sloan is a New York Times, Wall Street Journal and USA Today best selling author. She resides in north Georgia with her three daughters, four cats and one dog. While being independently published is a dream, she also has three traditionally published titles with Pocket Books. When she isn't working hard on her next novel, you can most definitely find her with a book in hand.

**To contact Ha

Corps Security (5 books)
  • Axel (Corps Security, #1)
  • Cage (Corps Security, #2)
  • Cooper (Corps Security, #4)
  • Locke (Corps Security, #5)
“When you love someone, you fight. You fight for them, and you fight with them. She needed me to fight for her then, and I’ll continue to do that until she can fight for herself again.” 43 likes
“Girls aren’t supposed to see wieners, Aunt Dee.  And Daddy’s wiener was mad that Mommy saw.  It was so mad, it was pointing at her!” 43 likes