Start by marking “Crushing Misery” as Want to Read:

Crushing Misery

Have you ever lost the will to fight?

Kennedy Anderson has continually struggled with the crummy hand life has dealt her. A failed, abusive marriage has left her worn, yet relieved that the past is finally locked away. Unfortunately, the past has a way of repeating itself. Once again faced with tragedy and despair, Kennedy’s anguish is multiplied by the fact that she doesn’
Published August 24th 2015 by Kinsey Taylor

To ask other readers questions about Crushing Misery, please sign up.

Kinsey Taylor Hi, Anica.
It can be read as a standalone, but no it will be a series.
Kinsey <3

Christina
Aug 18, 2015 Christina rated it liked it
Shelves: reviewed-2015
Complimentary copy provided by the author in exchange for an honest review.

Kennedy has suffered a lifetime of abuse, either at the hands of her biological parents or her husband; she’s finally had enough. When she runs into Corbin, an MMA fighter she had a crush on in high school, she begins to realize that she is stronger than she ever gave herself credit for. With the help of Corbin and her “adoptive parents” (her best friend’s parents whom took her in, saving her from further abuse), she fina
Kimmy
** Was give Crushing Misery by the author in exchange for an honest review**

When asked to read Crushing Misery I just saw UFC/MMA and jumped at the chance, little did I know there was SO much more to this book. The MMA/UFC portion was just an added bonus.

This was one extremely emotional read. I found myself crying, laughing, crying a little more, heart breaking pain and unbelievable love. Crushing Misery is definitely in my top reads of 2015.

photo tumblr_inline_mw6r91HNjU1r79k32_zpscsix6uvz.gif

Kennedy Anderson has been dealt on pretty shitty han
Cranky - The Book Curmudgeon
Dec 31, 2015 Cranky - The Book Curmudgeon rated it it was amazing
***** 5 Cranky Stars *****

One of my favorite reads of 2015. An amazing debut novel from Kinsey Taylor.

From the cover, I thought this was going to be the typical story of a hot, but troubled MMA fighter.

This is the ultimate love story about surviving the worst of tragedies and finding yourself on the journey to healing.

Life has dealt Kennedy one bad hand after the other. In an unhappy marriage, she keeps going because of her daughter, Ashylnn. As a side note, this kid is a scene stealer. She che
Jeanette Book-Reviews
**** 5 Stars ****

I received a copy for an honest review.

Wow, for an debut novel - it's just an amazing story about 2 strong people with their own baggage coming together to heal.

Kennedy has been through so much crap in her early years till she was 17 when her friend's father decided it's was enough! And took her home to his family. What an amazing family - I have to say as it's was just heart breaking to read the prologue but it gives me an insight of what kind of person Kennedy is... She doesn'
Tonya Farmer
Aug 21, 2015 Tonya Farmer rated it it was amazing
Reviewed for 2 girls who love books

I loved this book.I need me a Nash!!!
The book was at a steady pace and easy to fall into. Kennedy was such an amazing woman to watch develop through out the book. She was fun and easy to like.

Although life seemed to hate Kennedy with a passion she pushes through never giving up. After a failed marriage she seeks friendship with Corban Nash. Nash is a known player with secrets of his own dark past.

Nikki
Aug 29, 2015 Nikki rated it it was amazing
**Warning: This book contains scenes of domestic violence and non-consensual sex. If these are triggers for you, please heed the warning.**

Growing up in a less than perfect home, with less than perfect parents, Kennedy Anderson seeks the comfort and friendship of Justeen Finley and her loving family. Never did Kennedy image that this friendship would save her life. The day Bruce Finley saved her, was the very day she became part of a loving family. Never did she imagine that only a few years lat
Verna Loves Books
Nov 22, 2014 Verna Loves Books rated it it was amazing
Oh My Gosh!! Talk about falling in love with a book. Crushing Misery by Kinsey Taylor is one of the most beautiful and heartfelt stories I’ve read this year. I loved how raw and real it was. Not to mention my heart skips a beat every time I think about Corbin Nash. The man is AMAZING.

Crushing Misery will break your heart so many times and have you so mad that you just don’t know if you can keep reading. I mean I wanted to yell at my kindle a few times. But that’s what I loved about this book it
J.L.
Jul 28, 2015 J.L. rated it it was amazing
ARC Provided for an honest review.

An honest is what I'll say...oh my god.

Okay let me just start off by saying that this book was SO GODDAMN AMAZING LIKE I LITERALLY CAN'T EVEN RIGHT NOW!

Now that I got all that out, let me just get right down to it. When I discovered this author, it was thru an email I received asking to participate in the release blitz. I was like cool, I'll do it. I found out it was her first book so I read the blurb and WAM BAM THANK YOU MA'AM I was hooked. so when the blog
Kelly
Nov 22, 2015 Kelly rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
So from the title and cover of this book, you think maybe it’s about a hot MMA fighter with girl troubles, but then all of a sudden it becomes this beautiful story of ultimate love, surviving the worst of tragedies, and finding yourself along the way. This book was an absolute emotional mess for me; it literally gutted me at every turn, and then somehow glued all my broken pieces back together again. Amazing debut novel from Kinsey Taylor, and definitely one of my favorite reads of 2015.
Kennedy
Breanna Eichhorn
Nov 18, 2015 Breanna Eichhorn rated it it was amazing
Kennedy has had a ruff childhood, when Bruce Finely stepped in and saved her from her father. The Finely's took Kennedy in and she gained a sister out of Justeen and a brother out of Jagger. Now she is married to a man who is abusive, he never was like this until she found out that she was pregnant. Kennedy is working hard to get back to her pre pregnancy weight for Jagger's wedding. While at the gym she saw her crush Corbin was in there, she couldn't stop watching him so she left.Kennedy was ta ...more
Michelle Trzecinski
Aug 31, 2015 Michelle Trzecinski rated it it was ok
Crushing Misery is the debut novel from Kinsey Taylor.

I liked the overall idea of this novel: two broken individuals with rough pasts come together and rely on each other to heal, grow and fight through the demons that haunt their past. Unfortunately, I feel the execution of this idea was a bit all over the place and I struggled through the story.

I don't really know how to classify this novel in a sub-genre because there were so many outside factors that affected the story: abuse, cheating, fri
Stacy
Oct 29, 2015 Stacy rated it really liked it
Ok so at first I was really unsure of this one. I bought it because I was curious about the new author and wanted to see what she had. I love finding new authors to read and so I jumped in. It was a little slow at first but that may have just been me. It didn't take to long for it to pick up and for me to fall in love with all the characters and then I couldn't put it down.

Kennedy Anderson had a rough life growing up but her best friend and her family saved her when she was a teenager. I had a l
Helena Bookhooked
Aug 29, 2015 Helena Bookhooked rated it really liked it
**warning**

This book has scenes depicting domestic violence towards a woman and child.

I believe this is Kinsey's debut novel and if so I think it's an amazing piece of literature it's emotional, heartbreaking and sexy.

Kennedy has known abuse her whole life, physically abused as a child she is resumed and welcomed into her best friends family at age 17... Fate again steps in and deals her an abusive husband and history starts to repeat itself.

Kinsey has wrote such passion and fight into Kennedy s
H.
Sep 15, 2015 H. rated it it was amazing
For this being Kinsey's debut novel, she blew me away. Such a wonderful story of a strong woman who lost her way and self worth. Kennedy grew up in a horrible household. The very people that are supposed to love and cherish her, treat her like trash. She is taken in by her best-friends family and soon blossoms to be a loving caring girl. She later falls in love and has a beautiful daughter Ashlynn. Soon enough life starts to repeat itself and Kennedy's self worth slowly slips away from her. But ...more
Sassy Southern
Aug 27, 2015 Sassy Southern rated it it was amazing
Ok wow I give this book 5 amazing beautiful stars!! I don't know how I have been able to get so many amazing books the past couple weeks! First off I have to say that this book as some hard subject matters so if you are uncomfortable with that maybe don't read. But this is a beautiful story of finding your inner strength and fighting for yourself. And if this is how Kinsey Taylor is coming out of the gate, I cannot wait for more books!!!
Kennedy has had a rough life, one that no one should have
Heather Carver
Aug 12, 2015 Heather Carver rated it it was amazing

4.5 Stars

This is a great debut novel by Kinsey. It's a great read. It deals with some hard subject matters though. It had me wanting to jump into the book and beat the crap out of a couple people.

I absolutely loved Kennedy and Ashlynn. They were the two most amazing people. Kennedy had a strong personality but had to learn how to find herself again. She went through a lot in her young life, but she grew and you get to watch her grow. She does things that most of us wouldn't hav
Ashley Richards
Aug 28, 2015 Ashley Richards rated it really liked it
I freaking loved this book Kennedy and Corbin are two lost souls damaged by life and circumstances outside of their control. They both are stumbling through staying strong as individuals. When they come together as a couple as one, their strength is awe inspiring.

Kennedy is struggling to regain her footing after leaving her abusive husband who won't just quit. She is determined to protect her daughter Ashlynn and succeed in life. She was such a well rounded character, My internal cheerleader wa
Corey Clancy
Sep 08, 2015 Corey Clancy rated it really liked it
I received an arc for an honest review.

Kinsey Taylor writes a beautiful story of a woman with a horrid past and present. This book is not for the faint of heart. It has scenes that may trigger memories to those with abuse in their past. Please take caution if you even think this book will trigger you.

It could also help someone get beyond their past. This is a book about letting go of the past and accepting that you deserve a future of happiness. About retaking your life and becoming confident i
Jennifer Sons
Review for Through the Booking Glass

Kennedy is damaged & in an abusive marriage! She's portrayed as a weak person until one day she has enough! She decides to be strong for her daughter, Ashlynn! This little girl, for me, stole the show! She's adorable! I honestly wish she had a bigger part!

Corbin is the strong, tough fighter that has always adored Kennedy! He comes in on his white horse & saves the day..... a lot! The bond that they built up was great! I loved the interaction with them
Preonshatae  Evans
Aug 15, 2015 Preonshatae Evans rated it it was amazing
5 soul crushing stars

Where do I even begin? Probably the biggest plot twist of my 2015 reading list was in this book. There were moments where I just had to sit my kindle down to truly appreciate what I just read.

Kennedy is a woman who's been broken down by the people who are supposed/ vowed to protect her. And she promises herself that her daughter, Ashlynn, will never deal with the abuse she endured.

Corbin is a broken soul haunted by demons from his past. Glossing over his real issues becaus
reading the sheets
Aug 25, 2015 reading the sheets rated it really liked it
Kennedy has suffered from abuse from both her parents and her husband ,when she runs into her highschool crush Corbin hes now a MMA fighter hes fighting demons of his own his childhood friend died and he has always carried the guilt with him everyday since.Corbin tries to block out the pain with endless women that mean nothing to him.He bumps into Kennedy hes crushed on her too and he vows to help her escape her hellish life,she makes him feel hes worth more than meaningless flings that he can b ...more
Tonya
Nov 05, 2015 Tonya rated it it was amazing
This is a freaking fantastic debut novel from Kinsey Taylor. This story had me crying multiple times, but it also had me laughing some too.

What Kennedy has gone through, both while growing up with her parents, and then while being married to Troy, it’s heartbreaking. She knows she needs to leave, especially to keep Ashlynn safe.

Kennedy is brave and strong. She’s a great mom. She just needs to realize it.

Corbin is a UFC fighter. He has his own demons he needs to face from his childhood. He is a
Kelly with Sugar Shack Book Blog
I was given a copy for an honest review.

Crushing Misery was a very intense and powerful read. It did deal with some tough subject matters, but I felt Kinsey did an amazing job of bringing light to those tough topics in a sensative way! I was immediately pulled into the story from the very first page until the end! The characters, writing, and storyline all worked perfect together!!

I absolutley loved Kennedy and Corbin!! They were two people who you honestly feel yourself rooting for them. The
Becky Cox
Aug 14, 2015 Becky Cox rated it really liked it
I was gifted a copy for an honest review.

Crushing Misery is Kinsey Taylor's debut novel. She came out with a bang. I love Ashlynn and how well the character is written. Kennedy is such a great mom and so much stronger than she thinks. The support from her pseudo family was amazing and endearing.

Corbin is one hunky piece of man candy. Corbin has his own demons and doesn't always handle them in the best way.

Crushing Misery deals with some difficult subjects. Intermingled with those, Kinsey has gi
Frances
Crushed it!

First of all I would like to congratulate Kinsey for writing and publishing this book. I never knew that she does this on her spare time because when I first met her, I thought she is just one of the book friends that I meet during signings. I never thought that she is plotting behind everybody's back to give us a good book.

Why did I give this book a five-star rating? Because it has all the things I love in a book;love, despair,angst,surprise. I love how protective Corbin is to Kenned
Nicole Smith
Aug 31, 2015 Nicole Smith rated it it was amazing
This book was so powerful and intense. I will warn and say there are some subject matters and events that may not to everyone's liking. There are tough parts to read, but it makes the relationship between Kennedy and Corbin so much more powerful and meaningful. What Kennedy has endured in her life no one should have. Even though she has gone through so much she still has a beautiful heart. Her little girl is just so previous. The interactions between her and Corbin just melt your heart. Corbin h ...more
Lauren Firminger
Sep 01, 2015 Lauren Firminger rated it it was amazing
Wow! Talk about a rollercoaster of emotions. In the early stages, I told Kinsey that I wanted to slap one of her characters. The more I read, the more that emotion and some others became very strong. With every page turned, Kinsey and Kennedy took my heart in their hands and squeezed it tight. She had me crying with feels before laughing at the sweet moments shared between Kennedy and Corbin. Just when you thought it was safe to turn the page BAM! She has your jaw hitting the floor. YOU HAD ME F ...more
Amo's Book Corner (amo) Blogger
I have to say this book blow me away.... I was taken on one hell of a journey with Kinsey's writing.

I felt every emotion pouring through each page, It was hard to read In some places which unfortunately some of the more horrible things in life that happen to some people who feel their less fortunate but their actually some of the strongest people to survive.

I'm not going to give any spoilers away you have to read this and process this story for your own journeys
it's amazing to watch or read
What Lies
Aug 30, 2015 What Lies rated it really liked it
This is a fantastic Debut novel from Kinsey Taylor.
The Main characters..
Ashlynn, she was adorable and melted my heart.
Kennedy, she didn’t come across as a strong person, I found her a little whiny at times, but to overcome what she did she had to be extremely strong willed, and she grew on me.
Corbin……..mmm, yes please!! He was so nice. He came across as this strong Fighter but in reality he has just as many demons as Kennedy and is struggling to deal with them.
I love the relationship between
Mindy
Nov 01, 2015 Mindy rated it it was amazing
I received this as an ARC.
Wow I can't begin to say how much I loved this book! If I could give it more then a 5 star rating I would. It has everything in a book you could want love, hate, caring, strength, self struggle and growth.
I either loved the characters or I hated them and wanted to jump in the book to kick some butt. The characters were very well written. The emotions in this book just jumps off the pages. I felt what they felt. For me it was an ugly cry book because of all the emotio
« previous 1 3 4 next »
  • Rough Hard Fierce: A Bad Boy Romance Boxed Set
  • Fighting to Stay (Fighting Madly, #2)
  • Crazy Maybe (Crazy, #1)
  • Gabe (Heartbreaker, #1)
  • Bound By Her Master (Heart #1)
  • The Power of a Woman
  • Roulette:  Love Is A Losing Game (The Thomas Hunt Series, #1)
  • Just One Night, Vol. 2
  • Beautiful Pain
  • Ready to Love (Damaged Hearts, #1)
  • The Boss' Surrender (Callahan's Secretary, #3)
  • Ultimate Betrayal: Revelations
  • Electrified (The Electric Tunnel, #1)
  • Marked (Marked #3)
  • Mastered (The MASTERED Saga)
  • A Midsummer Night's Fling (Much Ado About Love, #1)
  • The Holly Project
  • The Exposé 3 (The Exposé, #3)
Author Kinsey Taylor lives in the beautiful state of Washington. You'll find her running after her three crazy minions, two food-loving dogs, and a moody cat who believes he's the King of their castle. Her inspiration for her books comes from deep in her heart, inspired by her soul mate and husbands adoring support. The everlasting romantic, Kinsey's writing is sure to give twists, turns, and plen ...more
More about Kinsey Taylor...