Start by marking “Indigo Dawn (Josie Hawk Chronicles, #1)” as Want to Read:
Indigo Dawn (Josie Hawk Chronicles, #1)

Indigo Dawn

(Josie Hawk Chronicles #1)

Vampire Lust and Pixie Dust.

Josie Hawk is a Huntress. A killer devoted to protecting the humans of Nashville from the shadows that lurk in the night. But the shadows are gaining ground.

When an infamous pixie tricks Josie into a drug-induced nightmare, Josie envisions the death of her vampire lover, Keller O'Leary. Was the vision a threat ... maybe even a promise? But from
ebook
Published March 25th 2014 by Moon Rose Publishing (first published March 23rd 2014)

To ask other readers questions about Indigo Dawn, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Indigo Dawn

Lori
Find this review and more at Lusty Penguin Reviews!

Indigo Dawn is the first full length novel in the Josie Hawk Chronicles by Elle J. Rossi. For the sake of story continuity, I would suggest reading the novellas Alabaster Nights and Crimson Beat before embarking on Indigo Dawn.

Huntress and half human, Josie Hawk protects the streets of Nashville with her vampire lover, Keller O’Leary. Josie is a sassy, stubborn, and determined character who I have thoroughly enjoyed in each and every story I’ve
Taylor
Apr 29, 2014 rated it really liked it
I enjoyed this book from beginning to end, despite struggling a little with the first person narrative but that's a personal shortcoming rather than anything on the side of the author. There were shades of Anita Blake for me but, thank every deity you can think of, Josie wisely decided to solve her problems with her other attributes other than what was in her pants and kept that side of things situation appropriate. Josie is spunky, wise beyond her years and engaging as a heroine. When the story ...more
Diane Lynch
Mar 29, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Indigo Dawn (Josie Hawk Chronicles #1) by Elle J. Rossi The pixies are causing trouble, and it is up to Josie and Keller to put a stop to it.

Josie is a great heroine. I like that she is strong and smart. I enjoy Josie’s conversations and sarcastic personality. She is very humorous.

Diane Lynch
Feb 13, 2015 rated it really liked it

She has a great group of friends: the vampires of Crimson Beat and Sage. She also has some useful contacts. I love their gift to her, complete with pretty read bow. You’ll have to read the book to find out what it was.

The pixies are entertaining foes. They are creative wit
Sapphyria
Apr 29, 2014 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: 18+
Here are links to my reviews of other installments in the Josie Hawk Chronicles:

Alabaster Nights, Book 0.5

Crimson Beat, Book 0.6

There very well could be Books 0.5 & 0.6 spoilers in my review of Book 1, Indigo Dawn. Due to the world and character building and references to such in Book 1, please make sure to read both of the novellas prior to picking up Indigo Dawn.

Well, it's about time Josie got over herself a
 CCAM&GZM
May 04, 2014 rated it really liked it
3,5
As I said in the Alabaster Nights review, book # 0.5, Josie Hawk is a promising series.

The pathfinder role of Alabaster Nights seems to not have been left by Crimson Beat where, given the chosen title, I would have wanted a greater involvement of the new introduced characters and a greater detail of the final part of the story. But it must be said, that Crimson Beat is also a novella and so, its rules, other than those that are applicable to a novel, make my wish to be just that, a wish.

Indig
Nancy (The Avid Reader)
Josie is a woman who can take care of herself and needs no man or anyone else to take care of her. But she has found out that ever since Keller her ex-boyfriend has returned that she is addicted to him and she can't get enough of him. But Josie doesn't like feeling like this. Well on one hand she doesn't but on the other hand she loves it even if she hasn't figured it out yet. Josie is not use to letting people in. There is no more man that makes her feel the way Keller does. There has never bee ...more
Chanzie
Apr 28, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: pnr, favorites
Indigo dawn is a fun fantastic read filled with pixies, witches, vampires, attitude, love and friendship! You cannot help but be drawn in from page one. I definitely think that reading the novella's helped set the scene for Indigo Dawn and this book did not disappoint!

I love the explanation of the title Indigo dawn - it really is beautiful. You'll need to read it to appreciate it. It's one of those passages that you can picture so clearly and it touches your heart.

Characters & Storyline: 4
Melissa
Oct 29, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: paranormal
Indigo Dawn is the first full length novel in the Josie Hawk Chronicles, a series I've enjoyed from the first novella. Josie is a complex and interesting character and reading about her makes me want to know her. She is smart, honest, dedicated, and has very deep feelings which she hides behind attitude and sarcasm. Josie's past is revealed in bits and pieces as the series progresses and the unfolding picture makes her actions and reactions completely understandable. And if Josie couldn't kick m ...more
Silvia
Jun 13, 2014 rated it really liked it
This review was originally posted on my blog, Darkest Sins.

Elle J Rossi definitely surprised me with this instalment. I would have never thought I'd read about pixie dust, let alone to have a terrific time with these kind of creatures. And yet, that is exactly what happened!

Josie and Keller have been a good match from the very beginning, but Josie's stubbornness had always prevented her from seeing how great of a team they also may have been. At least until now. She never loses her charisma (whi
Tana
Jul 17, 2014 rated it really liked it
Indigo Dawn (Josie Hawk Chronicles #1) by Elle J. Rossi

Another fantastic story written by Elle J. Rossi.

Elle J. Rossi is one of my favorite authors, her writing is easy to read, great story lines, well written and best of all you love all the characters and their personalities. Josie is funny and witty and her personality is what makes me want to read more. I want to be one of Josie's friends.

Josie and Keller are a great couple, and they have great friends. Josie continues to work in the bar and
The BookWhisperer
Aug 13, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: series
Josphine Hawkes and her family are a craving a I didn't even know I was missing. I say family, because friends just does not cover the kinship and devotion of all of these character in her team. I know I said this in the prequel review, but this series is so similar to that of Jeaniene Frost's Cat and Bones. Right down to witty humor Josephine could be a Cat's long lost sister; with the exception of her tutu fashion sense. These kinds of stories are hard to find, and will leave masses of fans in ...more
Maghon Thomas
Jul 07, 2014 rated it it was amazing
So Josie’s strong and stubborn and full of life. And she’s got the hots for an Irish vampire lol she’s got an arsenal of cool knives and she’s willing to die while using them to protect her city!

Keller is definitely a HAWT piece and has his hands full with Josie. And not to mention all the wonderful characters who carry a torch in this one. They’ve made the story a little extra wonderful :)

And pixies with their pixie dust. Maybe we should he careful what we wish for because sometimes a little ma
Fran
Jul 14, 2014 rated it really liked it
I particularly enjoyed this novel because I had more time to spend with Josie and Keller, since the two previous instalments were quite short. I am also happy to say that the change of person in the dual POV didn't bother me so much like it did in Alabaster Nights, probably for the very same reason.
It was nice to have the members of Keller's band back, as that gave me the chance to get to know them better. However, the little mischievous pixies were what enthralled me the most. They made this st
JB
Jul 02, 2015 rated it really liked it
I received a copy of this book in exchange for an honest review. "The clouds from last night have been pushed away by an abundance of blue. Another indigo dawn. The time of day I like to call the thinking hour." Josie Hawk is a one of kind hunter of the "bad" supernaturals. She runs a bar in Nashville with the sister of her vampire lover Keller. Keller is an Irish singer in the band, that in his off times he and the (vampire) band help Josie track down the misbehaving demons, trolls and murks. T ...more
V.L Hemingway
May 28, 2014 rated it really liked it
What a fantastic book!

The story was fast paced and exciting,and the characters were brilliantly written.

I loved Josie's witty narrative and her snappy attitude, it was very refreshing to read a book where the female lead wasn't a helpless victim.

The chemistry between all the characters were brilliant (even the "B" characters) I would love to read more about the rest of the gang, maybe some sister novels??

I really enjoyed this book and I definitely can't wait for the next installment :)
InD'tale Magazine
The third installment of The Josie Hawk Chronicles (two prequels begin the series) starts off with her doing what she does best; killing things that want to kill humans.

Read full review in the 2014 June/July Double Issue of InD’tale Magazine.
Proserpine
Jul 05, 2015
Vivek
Oct 14, 2016
Gwen
rated it did not like it
May 06, 2014
Lauren Andrews
Jul 09, 2014
Ms P A Ryder
Apr 21, 2017
Elle J Rossi is a writer of Dark Fiction. Elle lets her characters take control as they lead her down dark and twisted paths on their haunting journey toward love.

When not writing, you'll more than likely catch her hanging with her husband, two kids and a cat who truly does rule the roost, or stealing the mic from her friends as the duel over country karaoke.