Start by marking “Mr Gum and the Power Crystals” as Want to Read:
Mr Gum and the Power Crystals

Mr Gum and the Power Crystals (Mr. Gum #4)

4.13  ·  Rating details ·  502 Ratings  ·  26 Reviews
It's hard to believe these books can get any funnier, but readers will be guffawing with glee as they read the fourth book about Mr Gum's evil escapades

Can it really be true that there's an ancient curse on the town of Lamonic Bibber? And you guessed it, that old Mr Gum and his trusty sidekick Billy William the Third have something to do with it. But our favorite heroes Po
Published December 1st 2013 by Egmont UK (first published January 1st 2008)

To ask other readers questions about Mr Gum and the Power Crystals, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Mr Gum and the Power Crystals

Julie
Oct 02, 2011 rated it it was amazing
It has been a while since I have laughed aloud at a book. But I have done it many times with this book. It starts our with our heroine Polly discovering some very pretty stones with her dog. She takes them home and soon discovers that they have some very strange powers including taking her on a strange sleep walk to a local windmill that she didn't even know existed.

As well as the crystals having a terrifying control over her, local villains Mr Gum and England's most revolting butcher are very i
Opica
Oct 13, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Pa kaj, če sem odrasla!!! Resnica je limonov poljubčk :)
Hermione Granger
Mar 04, 2018 rated it liked it
I have only read the first one before so it was a bit confusing as I didn't know some things. I thought it was really good. I liked the repetition of the chapters and there was a lot of funny parts. Less Mr Gum then I thought but still...
The funniest part I thought was country names.
Francesca Pashby
Jun 26, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: childrens
One of my long term favourites.
Myar Z
Feb 28, 2018 rated it really liked it
I remember how much this book used to make me laugh, such good memories.
Ashley
Jul 02, 2018 rated it really liked it
Yolk boy, yolk boy, that wall is not safe!
Angela
Jan 24, 2012 rated it liked it
Shelves: l-s-faves, children
Five stars from my son and one star from me averages out to three stars...

My six year old wandered into the children's chapter book section of our library and picked this out. It seemed age-appropriate so we brought it home and read it together. He said that he loved it, but most of the humour went way over his head, and I am not sure what exactly he enjoyed about it - he just said, "everything!"

Also, not having read any of the previous books in the series, we had no idea what the connection wa
Lavinia
Feb 02, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Mr Gum is back, now trying to put Lamonic Bibber on fire with Power Crystals! Apparently, according to Old Granny's point of view, there is a long, long story about it including a man called Nicholas de Twinklecakes, of course, the Power Crystals, and many, much more. Can one little girl save Lamonic Bibber with the help of her little pals?

Like all the books of Mr Gum, this book was very funny, and I have no idea how Andy Stanton thought up all these jokes! (Maybe he was in a joke competition an
Ellie
Oct 30, 2012 rated it really liked it
I loved this book. It has so manny funny parts and cahracters.

Its about a girl called Polly. She finds 2 magic crystals. In her dreams they want her to go to the windmill. So she goes to Old Granny but they keep on making her go to the windmill. Then Mr.Gum is Trying to take them to do some thing evil. She manges to get to old grannys. She tells Polly the story of the crystals. Affter that it goes all down hill.

It is a very funny book. And I loved it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Suvi
Aug 16, 2015 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: ibby2015
Herra Gummi jatkaa töllöntöitään. Tällä kertaa mukana on haamu, tuulimylly, kivet, jotka liitettynä ohjaustauluun tekevät pahaa ja Pollyn sisäinen kamppailu hyvän ja pahan välillä.

Tykkään Gummeista, ei ehkä yllä ensimmäisen osan tasolle, mutta on kuitenkin kiva.
Ella.s
Aug 10, 2014 rated it liked it
fantasy books are quite fun to write
ChattyNatty
Sep 29, 2013 rated it it was amazing
I absolutely loved this book, it was hilarious and scary.
my favourite character was Allan Taylor the gingerbread man.
Booksandlaughter
Aug 16, 2014 rated it really liked it
Funny hilarious and down right rude . Great for mischievous readers .
Marie-Anne
Aug 03, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Bravo!
Toby
Mar 08, 2015 rated it it was ok
The best of the first four books, but the chavvy language of Polly still winds me up no end and I wouldn't recommend the book to any of the children I work with.
Tina
Jun 16, 2014 rated it liked it
very repetitive and that was irritating, especially as this book had a very good plot line, would have rated it higher, if the author wasn't so repetitive.
Luis Costa
Sep 06, 2016 rated it really liked it
cool book
Indah Threez Lestari
Mar 03, 2012 rated it really liked it
195 - 2012

Oh, marzipan! Komedinya khas UK banget.
Nipper
Nov 02, 2012 rated it it was amazing
FUNNY!!!
Robin Stevens
Sep 07, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Painfully, insanely funny, this had me shrieking with laughter and reading nearly the whole book out loud. Pure genius.
Susan
خیلی خیلی خوشحالم که این جلد را داریم و هروقت هوس آقای گام کنم می توانم سراغش بروم.
Pascale
Jun 08, 2014
Lisa Martin
Jan 27, 2017
  • Blitz: The Diary of Edie Benson, London, 1940-1941
  • Madame Pamplemousse and Her Incredible Edibles (Madame Pamplemousse, #1)
  • Dear Scarlett
  • Spylet on Ice (Jane Blonde, #4)
  • The Great Escape (Tumtum and Nutmeg #2)
  • Aliens Love Panta Claus
  • Vampyr Legion (Legendeer, #2)
  • Horrid Henry's Stinkbomb
  • A Boy Called Christmas
  • Claude In The City
  • Goth Girl and the Pirate Queen
  • Slinky Malinki Catflaps
  • Carbonel: The King of Cats (Carbonel, #1)
Andy Stanton lives in North London. He studied English at Oxford but they kicked him out. He has been a film script reader, a cartoonist, an NHS lackey and lots of other things. He has many interests, but best of all he likes cartoons, books and music (even jazz).

One day he’d like to live in New York or Berlin or one of those places because he’s got fantasies of bohemia. His favourite expression i
More about Andy Stanton

Mr. Gum (8 books)
  • You're a Bad Man, Mr Gum!
  • Mr Gum and the Biscuit Billionaire
  • Mr Gum and the Goblins
  • Mr Gum and the Dancing Bear
  • What's for Dinner, Mr Gum?
  • Mr. Gum and the Cherry Tree (Mr. Gum, #7)
  • Mr Gum and the Secret Hideout
“Jammy Grammy Lammy F’Huppa F’Huppa Berlin Stereo Eo Eo Lebb C’Yepp Nermonica Le Straypek De Grespin De Crespin De Spespin De Vespin De Whoop De Loop De Brunkle Merry Christmas Lenoir!” 0 likes