Start by marking “Battlestar Galactica: Unity” as Want to Read:
Battlestar Galactica: Unity

Battlestar Galactica: Unity (Battlestar Galactica Miniseries #4)

3.47  ·  Rating details ·  116 Ratings  ·  13 Reviews
A prophecy is fulfilled when Peter Attis is rescued from the Cylons in order to save humanity with "the plague of the tongue." Or so it seems…

While harvesting algae for conversion into food, the beleaguered human/refugee fleet is discovered by a small group of Cylon raiders. A brief battle ends with the destruction of a Cylon heavy raider. A colonial issue escape pod fou
Mass Market Paperback, 318 pages
Published October 2nd 2007 by Tor Books (first published 2007)

To ask other readers questions about Battlestar Galactica, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Battlestar Galactica

Britty Kitty
Apr 02, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2015
I picked this book up on a whim at the library, not really realizing that it was the fourth book. Since I'm in the middle of a rewatch of the show, and it just so happens I'm right in between episodes that this book occurs, I thought it was fine to read them out of order. I didn't start the book with really any expectations, so I was pleasantly surprised. It did a really good job at involving the large main cast of characters and the characters all felt like themselves. I think the only thing th ...more
Marie
Mar 18, 2015 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Not a bad story. The author could have cut back on the giant paragraphs of detailed exposition without losing any part of the plot, and some of the dialogue was stilted and awkward, but I've read worse.
Norman Howe
Not bad. This fits smoothly into the Galactica mythos.
Nicole
Easy to read, fun book.
Lori
Sep 08, 2010 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
This book reminded me how much I miss the show. I enjoyed reading this. Though I wasn't too sold on Starbucks personality in the book. I just couldn't see her with a "pop star" and I don't remember anything about her dad in the show so that was strange to read about him in the book. But overall it was a good read. I'll probably look for more books about the show so I don't miss so much. Hopefully they're just as good or even better.
Joseph
Jun 09, 2010 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
This wasn't a bad book and I could see this book being in line with the show and how it could have been an episode for the most part. It was an easy read and I think I did it in a week or something. The plot is pretty good and it does fit in when it says it takes place from the show. So that is good.
Alvin
Jun 05, 2014 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
The weakest of the trilogy. It didn't add anything to the series. At least the other two went into back stories that explained why things were the way they were. I wouldn't bother reading this, unless you were like me, dying for more BSG reading material.
Will
Aug 17, 2016 rated it it was ok
This novel read like the script to a rejected episode, and one I'm glad we never got to see. While the show was great, if this novel is representative of the other extended universe stuff, don't bother wasting your time. It only gets two stars because I'm feeling generous.
Rachel
Nov 06, 2008 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: sci-fi
Fun read for BG fans. I could totally see this book as an episode. The author writes very visually and the writing was really light and quick. Fun read.
Timothy
Oct 29, 2014 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
1 1/2 stars.
Shantelle
Pretty well written. Had a hard time putting it down. However, after finishing this book, I kind of wish this would have been a real episode of Battlestar Galactica.
Charles
A solid book. It would have made for some decent episodes on the show. There were a few typos which annoyed me. Publishers, kindly proofread a little better? Hire me.
GikiGalore
Jun 04, 2009 rated it liked it
Shelves: sci-fi
This book explains the folks who showed up in Season 3 with red scarves. If I hadn't read this book, I would have had no clue as to the role the cult is playing.
Prince Fiver
Sep 15, 2011
« previous 1 3 4 next »
  • The Cylons' Secret
  • Sagittarius Is Bleeding
  • Battlestar Galactica (Battlestar Galactica Miniseries, #1)
  • Battlestar Galactica and Philosophy: Knowledge Here Begins Out There
  • The Science of Battlestar Galactica
  • Battlestar Galactica 3: The Tombs of Kobol (Battlestar Galactica, #3)
  • Battlestar Galactica and Philosophy: Mission Accomplished or Mission Frakked Up?
  • Kobayashi Maru (Star Trek: Enterprise #12)
  • Rosetta (Star Trek: Enterprise #9)
  • By the Book (Star Trek: Enterprise #2)
  • V: The Second Generation
  • The Expanse (Star Trek: Enterprise #6)
  • Ghost Dance (Star Trek: Voyager, #20; Dark Matters, #2)
  • Shockwave (Star Trek: Enterprise #3)
  • Do No Harm (Stargate SG-1, #12)
  • Broken Bow (Star Trek: Enterprise #1)
  • A Fatal Frame of Mind (Psych, #4)
A pseudonym of Steven Piziks

Steven Harper Piziks was born with a name that no one can reliably spell or pronounce, so he often writes under the pen name Steven Harper. He lives in Michigan with his family. When not at the keyboard, he plays the folk harp, fiddles with video games, and pretends he doesn’t talk to the household cats. In the past, he’s held jobs as a reporter, theater producer, secre

More about Steven Harper...

Battlestar Galactica Miniseries (4 books)
  • Battlestar Galactica (Battlestar Galactica Miniseries, #1)
  • The Cylons' Secret