Start by marking “Blood Ties (Blood Ties, #1)” as Want to Read:
Blood Ties (Blood Ties, #1)

Blood Ties

(Blood Ties #1)

A gripping thriller from the Richard and Judy award-winning author of Girl, Missing, Sophie McKenzie.

When Theo discovers the father he thought died when he was a baby is still alive, he's determined to find him. The clues lead him to the lonely Rachel, who has problems of her own, including parents who compare her unfavourably to her long-dead sister.

But when
Published July 7th 2008 by Simon & Schuster Childrens Books

To ask other readers questions about Blood Ties, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Blood Ties

Start your review of Blood Ties (Blood Ties, #1)
Shell The Belle
Apr 02, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Anyone who likes a fast paced intrigue with a bit of romance thrown in.
Recommended to Shell The Belle by: $umm£r the Bookworm
4.75 Fantastic Sweet Sciencey And Could Well Be Happening Right Now STARS

This is another book I read because my 14 year old daughter told me to! And I am so glad I did.

Sophie Mckenzie writes brilliantly and her stories are amazing. She draws you right into the story with her characters, their dialogue and the continual punchy chapters that always leave you wanting MORE!

The writing is brilliantly done, and although it does slow down for a few chapters in the middle, mostly it is quick paced and full of intr
Rachael
Dec 06, 2012 rated it it was amazing
(Might be some spoilers!!!)

Sophie Mckenzie is one of my all-time favourite authors. I read many of her books when I was younger and I continue to read and reread them now. I could possibly stretch to say that the Blood Ties series is my favourite of hers, but I don't know, It's too hard!
The characters are amazing, I love how much Rachel changes and how you can really feel it through-out the book. Also, the change in characters every chapter is genious. Not only can you see what
Iffath
Feb 27, 2010 added it
I thought that Blood Ties was a very challenging book because it's about cloning and wars. As this is a very rare subject, it was obvious that it would be different from Sophie’s other books. Blood Ties is about a Theo and Rachel who are the main characters. At first the two don’t know each other but as the story develops they meet, as Theo wants to learn more about his father after his mother, reveals that nearly all the things he thought he knew about his father, were lies. Theo wants to know ...more
Katya
Sep 08, 2012 rated it it was ok
Unnecessary drama is the bane of my existence.

Okay, not really, but it’s pretty high up the list, right there with forced romances and nonsensical motivations, though one can make the point about this being all unnecessary drama. How does this tie in with today’s pick? Simply put, it ruined a perfectly good premise.

The pitch for “Blood Ties” is very ambiguous. Honestly, when I first saw it, the sci-fi aspect went completely in over my head. I knew there was a
17Mazilus653
Jun 26, 2019 rated it it was amazing
An really good book!

I would definitely recommend this book as it is is full of suspense and mystery
Also it has the story from a different point of view from another person.
16papendorfa
Sep 04, 2018 rated it really liked it
Alicia McGorlick
Jan 18, 2018 rated it liked it
Quite a thrilling book, though Rachel's character initially irritated me, thank goodness the character grew strong and dependent! There was no real closure at the end which is a bit annoying... perhaps leaving room for a possible sequel (unsure if there is one or not... writing this review on the train). All in all, a book that at times I wanted to abandon and other times the plot grew interesting. If you like thrillers, love stories and scientific exploration this book is for you. A pretty good ...more
Discombobulatedbooks
Mar 14, 2012 rated it liked it
Recommends it for: Young YA readers, people who want an easy book to read
Shelves: reviewed
MAY CONTAIN MINOR SPOILERS!!! (I have tried to keep out as many spoilers as possible… but there are still a few in there; such as who ends up with who… and stuff…)
I first started reading this book because I saw it was written by Sophie McKenzie, who has also written Girl, Missing. I really enjoyed reading Girl, Missing, and after reading this, I felt that this book was a bit of a let down. I felt that the plot didn’t flow very fast and it sometimes got side- tracked. The characters sometimes go
Nida Kazi
Oct 25, 2017 marked it as to-read
I started reading the second book without having any idea there's this one to go. Hence I was thinking why the first one has too many information in the first chapter itself
Grace Oldman
Apr 19, 2018 rated it liked it
This book was quite a quick read if I had the time. The story line was easy to follow and was really interesting. The characters were well thought of but it was a little to easy for me.
15PinderF
Sep 17, 2018 rated it really liked it
AMAZING, I felt it took a while to start up and understand everything but am definitely going to be reading more of Sophie McKenzie, felt engaged and I understood the characters emotions and ideas.
Kelly
Sep 15, 2009 rated it really liked it
All Theo knows about his dad is that he died when the clinic he was working at was bombed. That is until his mum lets slip that his dad is still alive and in hiding. Theo is determined to find him, and his search leads him to Rachel, together they try to solve the mystery surrounding their births and the clinic their parents worked at, but what they find completely blows their lives apart...

This was surprisingly good, much better than I imagined it would be. The plot is enjoyable, wi
Yasminx
Mar 14, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: sophie-mckenzie
Sophie McKenzie must be one of my favorite authors of all time. She is right up there with J.K Rowling.
I found this book in the library and read the first few pages, and then I basically fell in love with it. It was so easy to read, and didn't have all the unnecessary, random information at the beginning that many books seem to have. I didn't put it down until it was finished and nearly cried when it was over.
I loved the characters, Theo particularly, and I was devestated one of them dies
Afsha
Sep 19, 2014 rated it really liked it
Sophie McKenzie is an all time favourite of mine. The story has been well crafted, and has captured the attention of many. The way the characters change in the story is evident. The journey of Theo and Rachel have is one I will remember.
Rea Bailey
Nov 09, 2014 rated it it was amazing
THIS WAS AMAZING!!!!! When you read it you think nothing else mind-blowing could possibly happen but you are so wrong! It is honestly one of my favourite books and the writing is very good! Highly recommend
Orpa
Aug 21, 2014 rated it it was amazing
AWWWW THAT WAS SO CUTE
jobeth
Apr 12, 2018 rated it it was ok
Sigh, this had so much potential. The idea is really interesting but I think the way the significant events of the story was painted lacked a sense of originality. I felt that it was so predictable.

One thing I truly loved was the relationship between Mel and Lewis. I loved these two characters more than the actual main characters. The protagonists (Theo & Rachel) had me rolling my eyes so many times. Honestly, I don't know why the author portrayed a jealous Theo who thinks Rachel
16SimpsonL
Jul 19, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This is another amazing book from Sophie McKenzie. I found the story line intriguing and fascinating. The characters Theo and Rachel both have quite different personalities however as you read more the characters get tougher and stronger (especially Rachel) and then end up falling in love which ended the book in a good way. Throughout the whole book the is lots of action and twists on every page. I would highly recommend this book.
Vardhan Rode
Oct 25, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Loved it.

A perfect book for youngsters aspiring for thrillers. A read dealing with all major issues of a youth. The adventurous trail moving from country to country in search of their identity. A story of a timid, bullied, fat, a girl with no confidence becoming a bold, confident, smart lady. The characters are just superb. Completed this 438 pages long book in just 2 days.

Must Read

Enjoy Reading 😊
15GuptaM
May 24, 2018 rated it it was ok
I was really surprised that I didn't like this book as I usually always love Sophie McKenzie books and finish them almost immediately but I found this quite a slow read and I didn't really get into it. I grew closer to the character in her medusa project series then with this book and don't think I will read the rest of the series unfortunately
Georgia Bennett
Jan 23, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Second time I ve read this. I loved it. I particularly liked when Lewis and Rachel were at Elijah compound when it was being bombed by RAGE. It was like it was happening right Infront of me. Not as good as her missing series but still enjoyed it. I hope she is writing another YA novel soon.
Maimunah
Jan 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing
It was really good,it started a little slow but that's just how these good books are.They give you a feel of the characters, lets you get to know them a bit then BOOM!!!Biig juicy plot and awesome mysteries!!! Sophie McKenzie never fails to deliver.
Ellie
Oct 18, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Blood Ties is brilliant. When you start reading, you can't stop! Blood Ties is a gripping, thought-provoking thriller by one of the bestselling authors- Sophie McKenzie. Once you read Blood Ties, you will be dying to read Blood Ransom, a second book after Blood Ties.
Karen Graham
Aug 03, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This thriller was a brilliant read, filled with heart stopping moments I’m looking forward to reading blood random now.
June Jones
Sep 25, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Excellent teen read, thoroughly enjoyed it.
Rachel D
Jul 14, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I read this when I was younger, probably around 14 or something and I couldn’t put it down, I loved every book I read by this author
Marta
Sep 15, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Loved it. For me it was something different.
Natalie
Dec 11, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This was just an amazing book! So intense and just couldn’t put it down! 🎄❤ ...more
georgie_porgie
May 18, 2018 rated it liked it
A good plot, but not well-told. Quite predictable, and the fact that Theo and Rachel were clones, although the centre-piece of the story, didn’t seem to play into it at all, and didn’t add anything.
Charlotte
May 12, 2014 rated it really liked it
Taking a blast from my earlier teenage years with these two Sophie McKenzie books. Whilst I am at home, I had a flick through Blood Ransom to remind me of my previous love for Sophie McKenzie books.
image

image

Theo never grew up believing his father was dead, but when he finds out that he is alive he is determined to find him. His searches land him upon lost and lonely Rachel who is always in the shadow of her dead sister. However, when they both get attacked by RAGE
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »
Who has read this book and what do you think of it...?? 16 23 Feb 11, 2015 08:07AM

• Boys Don't Cry
  • Double Cross (Noughts & Crosses, #4)
  • Checkmate (Noughts & Crosses, #3)
  • Noughts & Crosses (Noughts & Crosses, #1)
  • Knife Edge (Noughts & Crosses, #2)
  • Pig-Heart Boy
  • Zero Hour (H.I.V.E, #6)
  • Vicky Angel
  • My Sister Jodie
  • The Overlord Protocol (H.I.V.E., #2)
  • Rogue (H.I.V.E, #5)
  • Candyfloss
  • An Eye for an Eye (Noughts & Cross, #1.5)
  • The General (Cherub, #10)
  • Maximum Security (Cherub, #3)
  • Seeker (Noble Warriors Trilogy, #1)
  • Mad Dogs (Cherub, #8)
  • Hacker
Hey there! Welcome to my Goodreads page where you can keep up with all my stories - both the ones that are already published and the works in progress!!
I write mostly thrillers - though I have done some teen romance stories too.
I'm really excited right now because of...

Close My Eyes - which is my first psychological thriller for adult readers (pub May 2013, UK, July 2013, U

Blood Ties (2 books)
  • Blood Ransom (Blood Ties, #2)