Start by marking “Until One Day” as Want to Read:
Until One Day

Until One Day

Until One Day is a poignant, affectionate account of one Christmas Eve day in the lives of four strangers. Each lives in Manhattan and hides their despondent lives behind masquerades. Follow each through a day in their lives where choices are presented and upon which decisions made not only alter the course of their lives but impact others as well. Sydney, a successful att ...more
Published 2014 (first published March 29th 2013)

To ask other readers questions about Until One Day, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Until One Day

Kelly
Jan 11, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: first-reads
I received a copy of Until One Day for free through a Goodreads Giveaway.

Until One Day hooked me because I really enjoy stories that follow unrelated people and their stories intersect at the end, so it really kept me reading to find out just how they intersected. Following the paths of 4 different individuals on Christmas Eve, each story has a struggle of some sort. But through each person's struggle, there is goodness that shines through, and it offers sort of a feel-good moment where you see
Laurie Roberto
May 08, 2014 rated it it was amazing
When I saw that it was a story that blended the lives of 4 different people I couldn't wait to see how this played out. I never thought that somehow they would touch eachother lives, in ways they never thought possible. I loved the way it all came together in the end. It was sad, touching, happy,and wanting to read more... It really made me (once again) want to know what true love feels like. I would definetly recommend this book to anyone.
Elinor
Apr 06, 2014 rated it it was amazing
From the very first sentence I was hooked on this book. A wonderful read, a very heart warming story!!! It is a story that is told through the eyes of four very different characters. They all face some of life's most daunting challenges and deal these challenges in ways that will take the reader on an intriguing journey. I laughed and cried as I read this book and you will too. It is just what the doctor ordered to give you hope in todays troubled world.
Cathy
Dec 10, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
How much difference can a single day make in a life? Charlotte Symond's novel Until One Day illustrates the possibilities. Four lonely people, each hurting deeply, make choices that unknowingly and inexplicably impact the lives of strangers. Told in four voices, this delightful novel brings hope in the face of despair on a single, unforgettable Christmas Eve.
Mar 29, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Erotica and romance all in one. Don't miss.
S. Knight
May 23, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
loved the book! What the Heart Can Hold is a heartfelt tale. Add it to your summer reading list for sure.
S. Knight
May 26, 2014 rated it it was amazing
More than a romance! This is a powerful story of love in all of its forms. A must-read.
Mildred Dowling
Mar 29, 2014 rated it it was amazing
OMG! What a book. Loved each character. It is truly an awesome book.
Mar 29, 2014 rated it it was amazing
One of the top 10 books I ever read!
Barb
Sep 13, 2017 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
This was a nice, enjoyable read and a heart warming Christmas story. Sadly, it was very predictable and very poorly edited. The numerous spelling and grammar mistakes were distracting as were the many run on sentences. I know that could be overlooked by many but it served as a detractor to me.
Csimplot Simplot
Excellent book!!!
Vera mallard
Jul 25, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
"The heart can bear a tremendous amount of pain and still hold an abundance of happiness. as you experience more of life's intense pleasures and extreme depths of despair you will learn just what the heart can hold."

STORY LINE:

Every well written book should invoke intense emotion in the reader. Author Charlotte Symonds has penned such a book. This is an intense emotional love story filled with drama, humor, loneliness, love, the highest of highs and the lowest of lows. The story is presented in
Vera mallard
May 25, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
The "author's importance information-please read", found in the front of this book made the hair on my arms stand up and shivers go down my spine. Do not skip this section, as Ms. Symonds wrote, sometimes the truth is stranger than fiction.

STORY LINE:

Author Charlotte Symonds has created a novel which grabs you immediately and does not let go. In this emotionally charged story, you will find 4 strangers who end up at the same place on Christmas Day 2011 and whose lives have intersected during the
Margaret Huck
Jan 16, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I loved Charlotte's first book and was THRILLED to see this second book!! This novel pulled me into the story instantly and I quickly found myself attached to each of the 4 main characters as their lives developed. I truly enjoyed the writing style as well. It is amazing how in just one day you travel through the four lives of strangers and watch how they come together in the last few pages.
Margaret Huck
Jan 16, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Mildred Dowling
Mar 29, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
It was the best book I ever read!
Cecilia Dunbar Hernandez
Donna
Jun 25, 2015
Glenda L
Jan 10, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This was a surprisingly good book ... It grabbed me from the beginning. It was interesting to see how the lives of four different people, great story lines each ... ended up. Actually, I could probably give this book a 4.5.
Georgette Symonds
Nov 30, 2015
Kathleen Santoro
Apr 28, 2017
Georgette Symonds
Nov 30, 2015
Brenda Jamalkowski
Nov 21, 2015
  • Expect a Miracle: A Mother's Tale of Brotherly Love, Faith and the Race That Changed a Family's Life
  • Good Seeds: A Menominee Indian Food Memoir
  • Mindfulness for Teen Anger: A Workbook to Overcome Anger and Aggression Using MBSR and DBT Skills
  • The Secret Snowflake: A Christmas Story
  • Mistflower - The Loneliest Mouse
  • How To Win Cash, Cars, Trips & More!: 2nd Edition | You Can't Win If You Don't Enter
  • Seven Million: A Cop, a Priest, a Soldier for the IRA, and the Still-Unsolved Rochester Brink's Heist
  • Mad House: The Hidden History of Insane Asylums in 19th-century New York
  • How to Like Yourself: A Teen's Guide to Quieting Your Inner Critic and Building Lasting Self-Esteem
  • The Beatles: Messages from John, Paul, George and Ringo
  • Freedom's Cap: The United States Capitol and the Coming of the Civil War
  • Deck Ideas You Can Use: Stunning Designs & Fantastic Features for Your Dream Deck
  • Five Years in Heaven: The Unlikely Friendship that Answered Life's Greatest Questions
  • Smoke the Donkey: A Marine’s Unlikely Friend
  • Undecided: Navigating Life and Learning After High School
  • 344 Days Underground: A Novel Based on True Events
  • Get Better: 15 Proven Practices to Build Effective Relationships at Work
  • Danvers: The Reckoning
A Tree Grows In Brooklyn and so did I. Proudly, I admit from the Park Slope area. It is there where my roots began and where my personality and values developed. It’s there were I learned the true meaning of friendship and of love. It is also where I learned the importance of laughter and where I formulated my sense of humor. I was fortunate to have been raised by parents so deeply in love that I ...more
“You don't see how he looks at you, but I do. I'm his mom, I can read my boy. I've never seen him happier. You'll see. Even if neither of you know it yet, he's the one!” 0 likes
“Men are like buses. If you miss one, just wait and another one will show up in five minutes” 0 likes