Start by marking “In Her Wake (Ten Tiny Breaths, #0.5)” as Want to Read:
In Her Wake (Ten Tiny Breaths, #0.5)

In Her Wake

(Ten Tiny Breaths 0.5)

Before you knew him as Trent in Ten Tiny Breaths, he was Cole Reynolds—and he had it all. Until one night when he makes a fatal, wrong decision…and loses everything.

When a drunken night out at a Michigan State college party results in the death of six people, Cole must come to terms with his part in the tragedy. Normally, he’d be able to lean on his best friends—the ones w
Published September 1st 2014 by Atria Books

To ask other readers questions about In Her Wake, please sign up.

Christy
Aug 15, 2014 rated it really liked it
4 stars!!!

In Her Wake is a novella from the Ten Tiny Breaths series. Even though it's a prequel about Trent, if you haven’t read TTB, I would recommend reading it first. I think it’s better to already know Trent and Kacey before jumping into this story…

photo 046402b9-18d3-4a4f-ae86-ed0b0d3432b4_zpsef93d974.jpg

What do you to when one decision changes everything in your life? Takes away not only your two best friends, but also the person you used to be? Not only that, but a carefree and happy teenage girl’s lost her parents, best friend, boyfriend and m
Lady Vigilante (Feifei)
4 stars!!

description

In Her Wake is a book that has left me feeling deeply conflicted and though I’ve finally decided on a 4 star rating, I’m not so sure it’s an entirely accurate representation of my feelings for the book. But before I jump into the review, I do want to clarify a few things:

- This is a novella that focuses on the Trent before the events of Ten Tiny Breaths so even though this book chronologically comes first, I highly recommend reading TTB before this one.
- If you are looking for a Trent
Pearl Angeli
How the hell do you cross to get to the other side when you've run out of concrete? I guess you can slap on some wood to patch it up, to help you move on. But the bridge will never be quite right-- never as strong-- again.

Note: I highly recommend you to read Ten Tiny Breaths first before diving into this novella to avoid spoilers.

In Her Wake gave me a hard time to put my thoughts in order after reading it. It was so poignant and stirring, one that totally gives a serious emotional punch. In f
Jennifer Kyle
Mar 18, 2014 rated it it was amazing
4.5 Stars

”The worst nightmare of my life is over, I reminded myself. I’m just living in it’s wake.”

description

Wow K.A. Tucker I loved this novella told completely in Cole’s pov of the events that landed our characters into position for book one. I strongly recommend book one to be read prior to this novella.

Cole’s loss, grief, guilt and utter despair is well written as was his need for Kacey to be okay.

"Kacey's spiraling. Just like me."

Cole falls to the pits of depression but his need to be connected
Sharon ∞❥ is an emotional book junkie ❥∞
First things first....Warning!! If you don't want to be spoiled, do not read this before Ten Tiny Breaths!! Even though it says its #0.5, it really should be #1.5.

Ever since reading Ten Tiny Breaths, I've wondered how things came to be. Whatever happened to Trent and why he did what he did. Now...we get the answers.

I knew this would be heart breaking but I had no idea the connection I would feel between Trent, Sasha and Derek. I think that's the part that was the most devastating, well, who am
Beverly
Aug 17, 2014 rated it it was amazing
5 Heartbreaking Stars

I loved Ten Tiny Breaths so I was so excited to get to read Trent’s story. In Ten Tiny Breaths you mostly get to see the aftermath of the accident from Kacey’s point of view. You know that Trent obviously had a lot of regret and was devastated by the accident since he followed Kacey to Florida, and wanted to make things better for her.

In Her Wake shows how Cole learns about the 16 year girl who was the only survivor in the other vehicle. He learns about how she had to sit in
Beth Hudspeth
Aug 23, 2016 rated it liked it
Shelves: 2016-reads
Great follow up to Ten Tiny Breaths. My heart was breaking reading about how Cole was feeling. This novella is short, but worth the read!

I really liked Ten Tiny Breaths and I want to know more about Cole!
AJ
Mar 18, 2014 rated it really liked it
I destroyed her life and then got caught in her wake.
And I realize now that it’s exactly where I’m meant to be.

4.5 heartbreaking stars

Even though this is technically a prequel, it is imperative that you read Ten Tiny Breaths before reading this one. And having said that, this review is going to be hugely spoilery if you haven’t read TTB.

This novella tells Trent’s side of the story – back when he was Cole. From the night of the accident, right through the four year period until Trent and Kacey a
Jacqueline's Reads
Apr 06, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 4-star-books, arc
4 I love Trent / Cole Stars

In Her Wake is a prequel to Ten Tiny Breaths. You do not have to read Ten Tiny Breaths prior to reading In Her Wake, however I strongly suggest you read Ten Tiny Breaths first, just so you can experience everything for the first time.

This is Trent story, or as you known him as Cole in Ten Tiny Breaths. This tells his side of the story prior to meeting Kacey.

I’ll be honest, this is a really sad read. Coming from Trent’s POV, you can really FEEL his pain. He holds a lot
S.M. West
Aug 26, 2014 rated it it was amazing
5 BREATHTAKING STARS

I LOVE this series and Ten Tiny Breaths was the first and still my overall favourite. Not an easy story to read but so gut wrenchingly beautiful. I was thrilled to learn that Ms. Tucker gave us this heartbreaking novella in Trent's POV. What a gift!!

photo IHW2_zps7ba907da.jpg

This novella takes place before TTB. It gave me a chance to fully understand where Trent was coming from and why he did what he did. It also beautifully sets up one of the best and most heartbreaking moments from TTB, IMHO, as he
[~Ami~]♥Sexy Dexy♥
Mar 18, 2014 rated it it was ok
Shelves: reviewed
2 stars

The prequel for Ten tiny breaths told entirely from Coles POV.

Gah I actually made it through this depressing book. If it wasn't so short I may have DNF. It wasn't a companion novel which I'm glad for but it was just too sad for my taste. There wasn't anything in particular I enjoyed.

If you are a fan of the series or if you like to torture yourself with some heartache it may still work for you. Sadly not my type of book.

ARC provided by NetGalley
♥Rachel♥
Aug 07, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: mystery
******Major spoilers if you have read Ten Tiny Breathes******

In Her Wake
is Trent/Cole’s story before he meets up with Kacey in Miami, and it’s a sad one. My heart definitely went out to Trent and you really don’t realize how much he suffered until reading this novella. His story underscored what I felt in Ten Tiny Breathes, Trent and Kacey were meant to be. The accident marks a definite before and after for both Kacey and Trent. Life was so utterly changed after the accident and I doubt anyone
Angigames
3 stelle e mezzo (ma solo perché per me Cole Trent avrebbe meritato un intero libro tutto per lui!)
Sono un po’ imbronciata sia con la Newton che con la Tucker. Si perché se mi avessero permesso di leggere questa novella prima dei volumi canonici sicuramente avrei valutato diversamente i primi due volumi della serie! Questa novella, a parer mio, non può essere letta all’ultimo perché è l’INIZIO di ogni cosa. Da qui si aprono le storie non solo di Cole e Kacey, ma a cascata, anche quella di Livie
Candace
Immediately after finishing 'Ten Tiny Breaths' I dived into this prequel. This was a short, quick novella that only took a few hours to listen to in it's entirety. Told in Trent's POV, this story takes us back in time to the night of the accident. The novella comes to an end when Trent relocates to Miami, at the beginning of 'Ten Tiny Breaths'. You will want to read 'Ten Tiny Breaths' before reading this prequel...or reading more of this review.

Watching the foretold tragic events unfold through
Sharon Mariampillai
This was an amazing read. I strongly recommend reading Ten Tiny Breaths before this book as this book will spoil the story for you if you read this book first. I really loved getting to go into the mind of Trent's character, and getting to know him a bit more. I loved how the author made his character more vulnerable and raw. I broke my heart to see him so devastated. I am glad I read this after TTB because I probably would not have had the same impact if I already knew what happen. Now, it is t ...more
Juli
Apr 03, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2016
Me encanto !!! Me gusto mucho poder leer lo que le paso a Trent ♥ Sin lugar de esas precuelas que te agregan cosas a la historia!
Tanya (Girl Plus Books)
I destroyed her life and then got caught in her wake.
And I realize now that it’s exactly where I’m meant to be.

Oh Trent, you've destroyed my heart.

Having read Ten Tiny Breaths last year, I was excited to read this novella from Trent's point of view. One night, one decision, six people dead and his life forever changed. In the aftermath of a horrific accident, Trent is struggling under the crushing weight of grief and guilt. Despite the efforts of family and friends who want him to somehow 'mo
Sammy ⭐️
Mar 19, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: series, 4-star
4.5 learning to live stars

There's something about K A Tucker's writing that reels me in. She has this way of connecting with the reader and making them feel every emotion. Ten Tiny Breaths is one of my all time favorite books, so to read what happened before the fairy tale from Trent's POV was a great in site and makes me want to read the story all over again.

photo inHerWakejpg_zpsc9a78557.jpg

Also Dr Stayner makes an appearance, that Man cracks me up, He's off the wall crazy :)
Valery Tikappa
Jul 10, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Lo ripeterò all'infinito: La Tucker ha un modo di scrivere che ti cattura dalla prima parola. Ho divorato questo breve libro su Trent e,come era prevedibile, l'ho amato.
Mi ha aiutato a capire meglio le sue motivazioni e le sue azioni, nonostante a volte sembrassero -e fossero- davvero assurde e al limite.
E così sono arrivata ad amare Trent ancora di più.
Complimenti, K.A. adesso ho una dipendenza!
Veronica
Sep 28, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: ebook
Un libro straziante… Ho gli occhi gonfi e un magone al petto…

Questo prequel mi ha fatto apprezzare ancora di più Dieci piccoli respiri…
Solo un centinaio di pagine, ma che ti fanno riflettere su tematiche delicate, come l’abuso di alcool e droghe, la morte di una persona cara, la depressione, il senso di colpa, il suicidio e la voglia di cercare di rimediare agli errori commessi. Ma non è così facile e non tutti vogliono essere aiutati…

Da leggere con fazzolettini a portata di mano…
Jeann (Happy Indulgence)
Aug 24, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: new-adult, romance
Although the Ten Tiny Breaths series is over, it was nice reading a novella that brought us back to the characters from a point of view we haven’t seen before. I would recommend reading this book only after you’ve read the first Ten Tiny Breaths book, as it contains some major spoilers.

In Her Wake tells us Trent’s past before he met Kacey, tying it all together and showing us the depth of his trauma and emotion following the car accident that changed everything. Not only do we see what he was li
bibliophile (Romance Addict)

This was the story of Ten Tiny breaths in Trent's POV. Or so I thought...

photo tumblr_mxojk9aRfp1qbl6qfo2_250.gif

I was super excited for this novella because I wanted to know how Trent felt when he was talking to Kacey. I wanted to know his thoughts in many scenes that was in Ten Tiny Breaths. But this book was not what I thought it was.It was the story of Trent before he meets Kacey.

photo 9167668.gif

However, I really liked his story. I didn't expect what happened in his life, and how it changed it all. I'm glad I read this Novella because I unders
Alex
Oct 21, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Ma si Cole/Trent prendi pure il mio cuore e fai un bel sushi cardiaco! Ero pienamente consapevole che il tuo pov mi avrebbe fatto a tocchetti, ma non ho saputo resistere... Adesso devo almeno sbirciare le pagine del primo libro, per rinfrescarmi la mente sulla tua gnoccaggine assolta!
Tanto amore per te ❤
Brenna
I can't believe I hadn't read this yet. It was really interesting to get Trent's POV. Now I want to reread Ten Tiny Breaths - it's been so long!
Tamara
Sep 19, 2018 rated it really liked it
Great read!
Klaudia (norbert.szymk1) Kuncewicz
Chyba wszystko, co związane z Dziesięcioma płytkimi oddechami, zawsze będzie dla mnie numer jeden! 💔
Vanessa Loockx
Dec 25, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Zijn POV ...
Jessica  (Angie & Jessica's Dreamy Reads)
K.A. Tucker completely embodies the heartbreaking feelings of loss in this story. There is absolutely nothing in life that prepares an individual for the untimely death of a young friend... all of those reminders that keep that loss fresh in one's mind, the all consuming grief following a tragedy... she delivers it so profoundly. I read this book with an incessant ache in my chest. Ten Tiny Breaths was Kacey's story, so in that story I mourned her loss, her parents, her friends, her previous lif ...more
The Hopeless Romantics Book Blog
Review: Surj Harvey

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/TheHopelessR...
Blog: http://thehopelessromanticsbookblog.b...

K.A Tucker's "Ten Tiny Breaths" was one hell of an amazing read and Trent... well it was difficult not to fall head over heels in love with him. Unfortunately, his story was a tragic one and as much as I'd worked out his connection to Kasey Cleary very early on, it didn't make what unfolded any less heart breaking. To say I was a little excited when the author announced we'd be ge
Jen (The Starry-Eyed Revue)
A copy of this audiobook was provided by the publisher in exchange for an honest review. My thoughts are my own.

This review can also be found at The Starry-Eyed Revue.

I am really going to miss this series. I've listened to every single book on audio, and these narrators have really become favorites for this genre. This is one of my favorite new adult series, too. So, when I had the opportunity to review the audio for Trent's story, the final -- or first, depending on how you look at it -- chapte
YA Buddy Readers'...: In Her Wake (Ten Tiny Breaths 0.5) by K.A. Tucker 21 28 Sep 14, 2014 06:15AM
  • Get Me (The Keatyn Chronicles, #6)
  • Warmth in Ice (Find You in the Dark, #2.5)
  • Losing at Love (Outer Banks Tennis Academy, #2)
  • Falling Stars (Thompson Sisters, #1.5)
  • Right Kind of Wrong (Finding Fate, #3)
  • Temper for You (For You, #3)
  • Running Barefoot
  • Past Imperfect (Perfect, #2)
  • At Your Beck & Call
  • Nova and Quinton: No Regrets (Nova, #3)
  • Cold-Blooded Beautiful (Beautiful, #2)
  • A Little Too Hot (A Little Too Far, #3)
  • Infinitely (Infinite Love Duet, #1)
  • Pulled Within (Bar Harbor, #2)
  • Friends & Forever (Sempre, #0.5 & #2.5)
  • Lead Me Home (Fight for Me, #3)
  • Deeper Than Dreams (Love & Steel, #1.5)
  • No Apologies
K.A. Tucker writes captivating stories with an edge.

She is the USA Today bestselling author of 17 books, including the Causal Enchantment, Ten Tiny Breaths and Burying Water series, He Will Be My Ruin, Until It Fades, Keep Her Safe, and The Simple Wild.

Her books have been featured in national publications including USA Today, Globe & Mail, Suspense Magazine, First for Women, and Publisher's

Ten Tiny Breaths (4 books)
  • Ten Tiny Breaths (Ten Tiny Breaths, #1)
  • One Tiny Lie (Ten Tiny Breaths, #2)
  • Four Seconds to Lose (Ten Tiny Breaths, #3)
  • Five Ways to Fall (Ten Tiny Breaths, #4)
“I destroyed her life and then got caught in her wake.
And I realize now that it’s exactly where I’m meant to be.”
11 likes
“What if she could learn to love again? And what if I’m the one who can remind her what that feels like?” 10 likes