Start by marking “The Prisoner: Broken Series Complete Collection” as Want to Read:
The Prisoner: Broken Series Complete Collection

The Prisoner: Broken Series Complete Collection

3.87  ·  Rating details ·  202 Ratings  ·  40 Reviews
Aaron Taylor is a rent-boy.
The Dream everyone wants to come true.

Vincent Greene is the client from hell.
The man who wants to make sure that dream ends up BROKEN.

Just when Aaron thinks his life is beginning to make sense, his handler sends him to a new client. Vincent Greene looks like he might just be Aaron’s best client yet, but what Aaron doesn't know, is that under
Published March 16th 2014

carol
Apr 23, 2015 rated it did not like it
Recommends it for: I wouldn't recommend it
Recommended to carol by: BOM read
I hated this story. I hated what happened to Aaron. Vince and his associates, well, I could cut their genitals and stuff them into their orifices until breathing ceased, and use a baseball bat on their skeletal remains.

I refuse to log this as BDSM, as it gives consensual BDSM practice a bad name. It gives non consensual and most darker themed stories a bad name.

Kids exist like Aaron, no secure or happy childhood, end up as rent boys to exist, maybe looking for a relationship, caring and consen
Louis Stevens
Release date: May 5 2016

Kol Anderson is getting ready to wrap up his celebrated The Prisoner series with its final instalment.
But first, he's releasing seasons 1 & 2 in anniversary editions on Amazon, followed by the season 3 bundle which will include the final instalment to this trailblazing series that brought dark MM erotica into the mainstream.

If you haven't read Kol's The Prisoner series yet, it's never been a better time as you can binge on entire seasons in one go!
If you already have,
Dee Wy
Jun 27, 2014 rated it really liked it
Please pay attention to the "dark" tag. This is not a romance and is steeped in non-con sex including off-screen rape. At times it's pretty difficult to handle the story, but like a train wreck, I couldn't look away, never considered putting it down. I just had to know how it ended. Can Aaron be saved?

I thought the author did a great job with the story, even though it's not something I'd want to read more than once in a long while, I give the author credit for keeping me engrossed in this abduct
Sue bowdley
May 07, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I just don't know what to say about this book....Aaron....oh how i loved Aaron....The pain and torture that he went through...how does anyone recover from that...I did not like Eric but I loved Sebastian...But I don't think this is over and I still think that Aaron and even Sebastian are in danger....The ending was a What the hell just happened...Am not sure if there is gonna be a follow up..If not it leaves you to think what could happen and what you'd like to happen....A very dark read with To ...more
Caroline Brand
REVIEWED FOR PRISM BOOK ALLIANCE

Kol Anderson is quickly becoming one of my favourite authors!
This book is twisted, dark, terrifying, brutal, sadistic, vicious, painful, barbaric, ruthless and unbelievingly good! If this is your sort of thing then you have hit upon a winner as Kol Anderson gives us the ultimate in disturbing without any attempts at making it fluffy to save your delicate senses.
It is given to us in 3 parts and the first is very aptly called The Prisoner. This is where we meet Aar
Simply Just Jen
Jun 27, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Wow, What can I say. I am speechless...still (I finished this book about 5 days ago)!! So my immediate reaction after finishing was to go straight to Kol Anderson and say WTH!! I should start by saying that this book is three short novellas that make for a very intense read and not for everyone. It is a very dark read that will take you on an emotional journey like you have never been on. I can guarantee you will experience ever emotion possible while reading this book. You will be scared, you w ...more
Vivian
Jun 27, 2014 rated it it was ok
Shelves: own, dnf
DNF 39%, Episode One finished

Well, that was all over the place.

Stylistically not to my taste, character inconsistencies and lack of professionalism all around are excessive, and the Sebastian/Eric llama drama--way too much. Add in awkward word choices and stilted dialogue... I honestly can say that I am not drawn to continue this. 1.5-2 stars. I'm feeling generous, but might change my rating later.

I'm out.
Donna
May 06, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Brutal story, but I loved it because it was so well written. There was a twist at the end that really surprised me and it makes me afraid for Aaron. Vincent is the type of character that makes me confused about whether to like or hate him. He thinks about doing the right thing, but then chickens out and keeps being evil. He makes for a very interesting villain.
Saha
What a book did I just read?!

Aaron is a slutty little Mister who sells his love to the highest high class bidder. Sebastian is his lover, a gorgeous and passionate man whose husband Eric is systematically cheating on him. Ignoring Sebastian's pleads, Aaron goes to meet his newest client, Vincent. Big mistake. Beaten, cut, brutally abused in every way imaginable, and irreversibly addicted to the chemical relief, Aaron can't but succumb, and Vince is reshaping the young beauty to the perfect slav
Apr 01, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Recommended to Laura by: Caroline Brand
Full review Here

Wow. Um, yeah wow. So I just finished this and I need a moment to put myself back together – this book just rocked my world. The cover indicates that this collection (this title is a compilation of books one, two, and three of the Broken series) is Season 1 leading me to believe that perhaps there are more seasons to come. I don’t know if I am anxiously awaiting the next installment or if I am dreading the thought that Aaron’s story will continue. Maybe Season Two will focus on a
Zane Kage
Jul 08, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 4
Two days ago I was a Kol Anderson virgin, debating if I should read. People seemed to love or hate his work. Some couldn't get enough, some couldn't deal. What enticed me to read? No one comment or review was EVER indifferent. Upon reading, I gave the series four stars primarily because of the third book - the first two for me were three star material - good, but they didn't really "grab" me.

I have a love/hate relationship with how quickly things transpired. I didn't bond with the MC before the
Toni FGMAMTC
Aug 02, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: dark, m-m
Wow, this collection just completely floored me. If you want something really dark in the m/m genre, this is it. I could not put it down. The rape and torture in it are horrendous. The internal monologues helped me to get through it. Book one was pretty exciting. Book two tried to kill me. Book three tried to mind-fuck me. I was surprised by the way some things went. But I must say that I was not shocked by that ending. I knew something was up. Even though some parts went a great way toward trau ...more
Joshy Sensei
Apr 14, 2015 rated it liked it

Yep my exact reaction.

I'm not virgin with this kind of story and I read so much worse. But Kol Anderson did a wonderful job in executing such dark and twisted story.

I can say that this kind of story is a wet fantasy of many gays and often they try to make something like it. If only they knew how to make it out like a paradise in hell. Problem is they fail because they delve on the pain side more. The thing with Kol was he knew how to give small victories and ray of hope to his protagonist, preve
Alexandra Westwood-banham
Phenomenal

Aaron is apparently perfect. Blonde haired, blue eyed ideal body no family no one to miss him, no one to search for him.... Taken prisoner to be trained and conditioned for The Client willing to pay for him to be a sadist toy.

The Prisoner, Hell and Beyond and The Escape can only be described as a phenomenal read. I was sucked in right from the first page and couldn't stop it screwing with my head. I felt so sorry for Aaron and the situation he found himself in, but I felt he had a stre
Dee
Apr 26, 2015 rated it liked it
The first two episodes were solid 4 star reads, the last one near killed the collection for me, being a 2 star read. Overall rating 3 stars.

What was odd for me, was these stories felt like they were co-written. I even stopped to check if the author was in fact an author team, but it appears not.

Some chapters had an abundance of 'telling', literally dialogue after dialogue, without the characters stopping long enough to draw a breath. (speaking of such, I lost count of how many times the word br
Betryal
Jul 20, 2014 rated it really liked it
I won't deny to the fact that I found this story and the content of this more than a little disturbing. It's not for the squeamish or those that have had bad experiences in their life that the most uncomfortable of scenes are triggers to them. There's plenty enough in the book that can be harmful to one's psych.

I will however say that the story is well written with some minor errors and the continuous turn of events will keep you riveted and unable to put the story down.

You're easily hooked an
Melissa
May 07, 2016 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
My rating is not due to the dark nature of this book. I just did not connect with nor buy into the characters and their relationships. Therefore I had a hard time caring what happened to them.
I gave the extra half star for the last 2% which is where it finally got interesting for me.

Sorry, it didn't work for me.
Cindra
Dark, diabolical, and deeply disturbing; i.e. I loved it. Full of truly flawed and f*cked up characters--some I felt sorry for, some I wanted to slap. And some made me really want to understand what had influenced and shaped them into the tortured individuals they have become. Moving on to the next book in this series; my first reads by Kol Anderson.
Chris Cox
May 25, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Chilling. Kept trying to put it down because of the subject matter but the writing compelled me to see what happened next. The author played that balance between horror and hope masterfully.

I want to take away the star b/c of the cliffhanger ending, but the writing is just too good to do that to.
Diverse
Jul 08, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: july-2016-reads
It is official. Kol Anderson is the darkest writer I’ve ever read. He reaches into the pit of Hell and scares the ever loving life out of the Devil himself.
I chose to buy the Anniversary set of this because I knew I was going to want to see this through. I wasn’t going to want to do this in pieces. Jump in, rip it off like a band aid! I was invested at this point. So what did I expect? Well, I read Senseless by this author so I knew of the sadistic nature he takes on. And it wasn’t that I wasn’t
Thea™
Apr 24, 2015 rated it liked it
BDSM; BotM May 2015.
Season One, oftewel: The Prisoner, Hell and Beyond en The Escape. (Ik heb ze als losse boeken gelezen!)
Kol Anderson: "If you're into the fluffier side of life, you have my blessing but will you please take the next exit. For the rest of you depraved pervs, enjoy your stay." The story is m/m, dark/non-con, not a romance, and includes off-screen gang rape. You've been warned! Are you ready to push your boundaries?
What can I say? I did read the warnings ;-) and they didn't scare
Rachael Orman
Jul 02, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: dark, m-m
5 Stars

**ARC given for HONEST Review for Rainbow Gold Reviews - http://rainbowgoldreviews.wordpress.c...**

Aaron is a prostitute. The best one his agency has. He thinks he is finally getting his rough life in order. He's found love. Too bad life has a different path lined up for him.

One client changes everything when he is abducted. Aaron is now being trained to be a sex slave. While he is used to selling his body for money, that was by choice, which he no longer has. The only response he is to
Stella ╰☆╮╰☆╮
Jun 23, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: abuse
Where to start? I was speechless reading this book, I'm still a little shock. This is not a love story and I'm not used to read book like this one, there's no happy ending, just when I thought finally Aaron had found some love and somewhere safe, Kol left me there again, trying to not cry.

I was scared to read this book and I was right. It's not an easy read, sometimes it was really hard to go on, cause the scenes were cruel, hard and I could feel Aaron's pain flowing through my veins. It's diffi
Sue bowdley
Mary Wallace (Madam Aus)
Mar 20, 2014 rated it it was amazing
The complete season has a slightly reworked ep 1 & 2 with a finale that will leave you gasping and looking for the number of the truck that just ran you over. It is dark with a upbeat tilt, this whole series takes you places some people dont want to go so dont say you were not warned, it is NOT for everyone, but if you love beautifully crafted stories with characters that are more than one dimensional and leave you feeling that there will never be enought time or paper to truly understand th ...more
Debra
Apr 15, 2015 rated it liked it
I can not believe I was able to finish this....another one where the reviews freaked me out...yes it was hard to read but I got invested in Vincent and Aaron(OMG poor Aaron)Holy crap what that poor soul goes thru and Im glad that it messed up Vincent brain, but jeez whiz Vincent was a mean mother f**ker !! I'm not kidding either. But the thing was I did get thru this, I did not want to put it down , I needed to know if Aaron made it out and I'm glad I got up the nerves to read this book:))
Cheryl
I'm afraid this book was way out with my comfort zone. I knew it would be dark but it was too much for me and I couldn't finish it. Kidnapping, human trafficking, torture, systematic gang rape, training slaves using deprivation and drugs to make them compliant and ready for sale to a new master. This review is no reflection on the author as the writing style was good but the story just wasn't for me.
Nadine Bookaholic
This was my first time reading anything by Kol Anderson but it won't be my last!! This book was recommended to me by a friend that wanted to push my limits and this did exactly that.
I was pulled in from page one I was happy with the way things were turning out in the third installment but then the last couple of pages a major curve ball was thrown....I DIDN'T SEE THAT COMING!
Jeff Davault
Jun 16, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: bdsm, glbt, m-m
Other reviews have already stated that this is a rather brutal series, and I can't add much to them. I did feel for Aaron, and the variety of points of view is nice, allowing some insight into the motivations and understanding of the antagonists.
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »
Goodreads Librari...: Please add new series! 3 20 May 06, 2016 03:00PM
buying 2 10 Oct 16, 2014 04:34PM
“The books that the world calls immoral are books that show the world its own shame.”
― Oscar Wilde

If you're into the fluffier side of life, you have my blessing but will you please take the next exit. For the rest of you depraved pervs, enjoy your stay ;)

More about Kol Anderson