Start by marking “The Problem with Crazy (Crazy In Love, #1)” as Want to Read:
The Problem with Crazy (Crazy In Love, #1)

The Problem with Crazy

(Crazy in Love #1)

The problem with crazy is that crazy, by itself, has no context. It can be good crazy, bad crazy ... or "crazy" crazy--like it was when my ex-boyfriend sung about me on the radio." Eighteen-year-old Kate couldn't be more excited about finishing high school and spending the summer on tour with her boyfriend's band. Her dad showing up drunk at graduation, however, is not exa ...more
Published February 13th 2014 by Lauren McKellar (first published February 12th 2014)

To ask other readers questions about The Problem with Crazy, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Problem with Crazy

JaHy☝Hold the Fairy Dust
Feb 24, 2014 rated it really liked it
NOTE TO SHELF : Stop judging a book by it's fucking cover and read the damn synopsis.

.... Oh well at least this story broke my heart in a good way...if there is such a thing.
Peek At My Book Review
Sep 22, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2014
4.5 ‘Everyone is crazy in one way or another’ Stars

description

Wow. I really like this book. This book is about how even after losing the most precious things in life we keep on living. It’s about family, friends, bad people, being judgmental, loss….We live in the present, not caring about the future and the past. I love Lachlan, he was the perfect guy who loved his life and lived in the present. The last chapter was my favorite.

At the beginning I didn’t find Dave to be the perfect boyfriend, he was a bit
Anna Smith
Mar 27, 2014 rated it it was amazing
So… let me first start by saying I don’t write reviews, but this book compelled me to write one.

WHAT A BOOK!!!

The Problem With Crazy had me:
Heartbroken at 10%
Devastated at 60%
And
Destroyed at 80%

I felt emotionally involved with this book, it made me smile, laugh, cry and sob big ugly tears (more than once). It ripped my heart out and put it back, only to do it all over again.

I won’t spoil it by telling you anything that happens, as to be perfectly honest you NEED to read it!!!!!

The Problem With
Jenni
5 Addicting, so darn good Stars!

This a one day, can't put down kind of book (aka my favorite kind).

I'm saying that, deep down, nothing will change your perfect.

I had my next couple books lined up but then a friend recommended this to me and I told her I'd read it. She was thrilled that she had the power to make me say "yes" to a book she told me about without me asking questions. I trust her opinion and NOW I may have her telling me what all my next reads should be.

The Problem with Crazy had m
Tee loves Kyle Jacobson
The Problem With Crazy is a great read. At first I was a little hesitant to read it because dealing with diseases that lead to death are always a scary read for me. But I have to say that Lauren did a great job writing this realistic story about the struggles families face when a family member is is and dying from a disease that has no cure.

Kate has her life planned out. She is going to graduate from high school and go on tour with her boyfriend for the summer and live a care free life. She is
Megan
How do you cope when your entire world crashes down around you? Family, boyfriend, career, health... everything changes in the blink of an eye for Kate and thus begins an incredible journey of self-discovery.

I found myself immersed in this story from the get-go. I felt Kate's pain, confusion and hurt, her heartbreak. Life can be cruel and Kate got hit with blow after blow.

This was an emotional ride for me. Lauren's writing is flawless. The story pulled me down, ripped me apart, built me back up
Jan 16, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: anyone
This book shattered me.

I can't remember the last time I cried so much reading a book. The characters I adored (and hated), and this book reminded me why I love YA books.

This book gave me all the feels, but it was uplifting as well. The writing is seamless, and I could not put it down! You know the books where time passes around you but you don't care because you're lost in a book? Yeah, that happened with this one.

This is one of my TOP READS for 2014. PLEASE Check it out.
The Unofficial Addiction Book Fan Club
We are The Unofficial Addiction Book Fan Club, to know more about this book, go to the post in our website:

The Problem With Crazy (Crazy in Love #1) by Lauren K. McKellar

If you are interested, you can visit our website:

The Unofficial Addiction Book Fan Club

The Unofficial Addiction Book Fan Club's Review:

Rate: 5 stars

Review:

The Problem with Crazy is a sweet New Adult/Young Adult romance story that has the power to break your heart, make you smile and ache with the characters throughout the
Julie
I received a copy of this book in exchange for my honest opinion.

The “Problem with Crazy” is book one in Lauren McKellar’s Crazy in Love series and the first of her books I’ve ever read. It is also the hardest book I’ve had to review in a long time. I can’t decide how high I want to rate it. I loved it to a point. Then, I hated it and Ms. McKellar. Seriously, I was so angry, I couldn’t feel the overwhelming sadness that I was supposed to feel…and that made me angrier. Halfway or so into the book
Rob.C. Rob.C.
Jan 02, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
OMG, what a fantastic read! Wow. I'm still dumbfounded, even though I finished this book last night.
I have to admit I was a little wary when I started the book for two reasons: it's not often I get hooked by a YA/NA story and the other reason being the author is also my editor. So what if I didn't like the book? How would I tell her the reason for my 2 star rating? Turns out these were all unfounded fears because this book blew my mind.
I got immediately sucked into the story and couldn't let go.
Kristine GPI Bookblog
Let me start by saying that I have been trying to write this review for weeks, I had the absolute pleasure of meeting Lauren McKeller at my very first author signing event in March and she is without a doubt one of the funniest, sweetest people I have had the pleasure to meet. I had The Problem With Crazy sitting on my kindle for a little while, I picked up my signed paperback copy at the event and I felt like it was staring at me, goading me to pick it up and finally dig in. When I finally had ...more
Diana
Well... This is a very sweet book but I had some issues with the main character, Kate. She isn't a very likeable character and I couldn't find it in me to care about what happened to her. She was kind of a jerk. Also, Dave... I don't believe people just change out of the blue so his personality change was a little unrealistic to me. Also, I really wanted Kate to grow a pair and stand up to Dave... At least once. I can do without the helpless "I'm just a girl" crap... Stand up for yourself, damn ...more
Stacey
I've beta read this story twice now and boy, it's one of the best issue driven NA contemporaries I've ever read. It made me laugh, cry, and sigh. Overall, I think the interactions between characters feel so real. The book really captures what it feels like to be around a person with Huntingtons and Kate’s range of feelings; denial, anger, grief are all so real.
Maryam Dinzly
May 09, 2015 rated it it was amazing

I made my sister choose an ebook from my Kindle for me to read, because I have like 70plus ebooks stored in it. And she chose this book. The first thing I'll say (more like, YELL) to her the moment she comes home will be YOU. YOU CHOSE THIS BOOK. THIS BOOK BROKE MY HEART. YOU CHOSE THIS BOOK.

HAHA. But yes. Sigh, them FEEEELS made me cry at my best friend's hostel. I am SO NOT HAPPY with this book, but on the other hand, I am so so in love with this book. I love this book because of how it touche
Bri
What I liked: Can I just say how I loved the romance in this story? It was really sweet and Kate deserved a guy like the boy she ended up with, and the way they interacted was totally on par with how I could see it going once I got a sense of how Kate is. Was her original boyfriend all that great? Hah, no. No he was a real jerk with how he treated her, always pushing her it seemed when he was in the scene. I also liked how much it showed Kate coming to terms with what's happening to her father, ...more
Tamara
I went into TPWC blind, I had no idea what the book was about, and I only picked it up because the author is attending a signing that I am going to later in the year.

TPWC was a phenomenal story. It was beautiful, and funny, heartwarming and heartbreaking. It's one of those books that I wish I could experience for the first time again!
Melanie Graham
Jul 15, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Loved it. Another gem of a book that's been sitting on my reader for awhile.
Lyndsey
Nov 17, 2017 rated it really liked it
Some language but overall a good story.
T.H. Hernandez

It's been a long time since a book as affected me this much. Everything from the story to the characters sliced right through me. The Problem with Crazy is about hope as much as it is heartbreak and I think that's what sets it apart from other books in the genre that it will inevitably be compared to. An Australian The Fault in Our Stars, except not really. Inside of a week, Kate's father shows up drunk at her graduation and embarrasses her, she discovers he has a fatal, incurable disease that a
Lorna
Mar 20, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I have been finding some really good books lately due to all the great blogs I have been following lately. That’s where I found this one, and I completely loved it-so much in fact that I have already read the second one, titled, Eleven Weeks, and it was just as good.

Kate is a young Australian girl getting ready for her graduation. When her father ruins the ceremony, that’s nothing compared to what is coming in Kate’s life. It turns out that her father has a horrible disease, and it’s hereditary.
BooksandBeyondFiftyShades
Jan 28, 2015 rated it it was amazing

The future seems bright for Kate and her boyfriend Dave. In a few short days she will be finishing High School and heading off on tour with Dave and his band mates. Having helped organize the tour she has found herself a calling as an event organizer of sorts and is hoping to make that her career. But when her father shows up at her graduation after months away from home and makes a scene, her bright future begins to dull just a bit.

Kate’s world turns upside down when she is forced to confront
Desiree Gorman - A Love Affair With Books
3.5 emotional hearts!

At some point in all our lives somehow some version of a terrible disease destroys someone we know. When that someone is especially close, a member of our family, thoughts of genetics and our own mortality weigh heavily.

Reading someone else's journey through the unexpected of illness, its heart wrenching. Kate has a life we all dream of. Graduating high school, following her boyfriend's band on tour as their event manager, its nothing short of perfect. But then the unexpect
Once
Mar 07, 2015 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Kate has just graduated high school and has the entire summer looking bright and fun while heading out with her boyfriend on the tour she organized for his band. But, then her drunk dad shows up and her plans do a complete 180. He's sick...and it's hereditary.

While The Problem With Crazy didn't win me over entirely, it definitely gently tugged at my heartstrings during several scenes. The plot is great! I couldn't put the book down because there were so many questions asked towards the beginnin
Kayla Howarth
Mar 13, 2015 rated it really liked it
So I finished this book last night, and I had to sleep on it before forming an opinion. So I will start from the beginning and make my way through.

The beginning was dull. I almost put it down. It seemed to drag the first few chapters when the main character reacts poorly to news her father is ill.
Dealing with disease is hard, and I guess when there's a 50/50 chance of it happening to you, perhaps you would act the way Kate acts in this book. But this seemed to drag on for just that bit too long
Lekeisha The Booknerd
Let me start by saying that I liked this book. I was so looking forward to reading this after a couple of the rave reviews that I glimpsed at. However, there were parts that made it so cliche’, that I almost just put it down. I kept reading because I wanted to see just how Kate handles everything that is thrown her way. She was a hard character for me to like, really.

Let’s be real here, Dave sucked! The moment that his character is introduced, I knew that I would dislike him. The way Kate descr
Nitzan Schwarz
2015 tbr challenge

Yeah, okay. This book made me cry.

While I did write a couple of notes about this book, it's been sitting around and I haven't had the inclination to actually make a review of it, so I'm gonna put these here so they won't get lost :)
*The story's actually very emotional.

*But I never really connected to Kate, or loved her.

*I absolutely hated how she introduced Stacey, her amazing, supporting, caring best friend by... implying she's dumb?... and the only reason she's the school
Angela
Feb 15, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
There were so many things about The Problem With Crazy that I loved but there were also so many things I didn't like.

I loved the message of the story and Kate's growth throughout.

Kate was an unlikeable character for me from the get go. I thought she was selfish. He Dad was going through Hell but she only cared about herself and how it was affecting her and her relationships. I did love her by the end of the book though.

I understand why the entire Lachlan story was there but it was too rushed a
Max Henry
Jan 23, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Uh! This is one of those books that grabs you by the scruff, shakes you, and asks you what you've been doing with your life.
Absolutely loved it, and hanging out for the sequel. Lauren creates such real, relatable characters that you can't help but empathise with. Her description of how Kate handles stress, loss, and inner turmoil is bang on.
Love your work, girl, and I'm waiting for the movie! :-)
Donna Miller
Jan 22, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Why have I waited so long to read this book. This book had it all. I felt sorry for Kate having to go through a family illness.

I was warned that I would be in tears but I was not prepared for it to happen when on a break at work. Lol.

Overall I loved this book and Lauren has started a great series.
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »

• To Catch a Falling Star (Crossing Stars, #2)
  • Pretend... (Oxley College Saga #2)
  • Today Only
  • Divided (Open Heart #1)
  • Dancing on Knives
  • Full of Grace (Crossed & Bared #2)
  • Scorched (Sapphire City, #1)
  • Tempest (Scribes of Medeisia, #2)
  • Love You More (Broken, #1)
  • Promiscuous (Tease, #2)
  • Tree Change
  • Finding Trust (Centre Games, #1)
  • In Safe Arms (Grace & Poole, #2)
  • All the Pieces (Pieces of Lies, #3)
  • Beast Within (Beasty, #1)
  • These Things About Us
  • Losing It: A Collection of VCards
  • Spring Fling: A New Adult Anthology
Lauren K. McKellar is a writer of contemporary romance reads that make you feel. This hybrid-published USA Today best-selling author loves writing books with stunning local settings, heart-throb heroes, and leading ladies who overcome great hardships in their lives.
In addition to writing, Lauren loves to read, and you can often find her up at all hours of the night with a glass of wine, some choco

Crazy in Love (3 books)
  • Eleven Weeks (Crazy in Love #2)
  • The Problem With Heartache (Crazy in Love, #3)
“All that mattered was the here and the now. And the firsts.” 5 likes
“There was no way those things in my stomach were butterflies. The beating wings in my stomach definitely belonged to an eagle.” 3 likes