Start by marking “Haline” as Want to Read:
Haline

Read Excerpt

Haline

Four days until the Election.

Natasha Biron knows this is her last chance. Losing this Election means losing the war - and her life. Officer Aaren Jemmer diligently works to lockdown Haline and ensure Natasha's failure, another special assignment he'll use to keep his secret safe. Archives employee Joaquin Deva is wrapping-up at the office before a holiday with his girlfri
Published March 4th 2014 by Forward Press Books (first published January 3rd 2014)

To ask other readers questions about Haline, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Haline

The Hunger Games by Suzanne CollinsCatching Fire by Suzanne CollinsDivergent by Veronica RothMockingjay by Suzanne CollinsInsurgent by Veronica Roth
YA Dystopia Novels
1,311 books — 10,994 voters
1984 by George OrwellThe Hunger Games by Suzanne CollinsBrave New World by Aldous HuxleyDivergent by Veronica RothFahrenheit 451 by Ray Bradbury
Best Dystopian Books
465 books — 978 voters

More lists with this book...

Start your review of Haline
Allison
May 26, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I really enjoyed this book. It falls into the same genre as Hunger Games and Divergent. I didn't want to put the book down. I can see it as the next big movie. It is a great read for anyone who enjoyed Divergent and Hunger Games!
*I received this book free through Goodreads First Reads
Don Gubler
Feb 26, 2017 rated it really liked it
Pretty good post climate change piece. I like the way the cast of characters are assembled together to feed the plot. Would have appreciated a little more science...but then details of such a future are hard to pin down. Don't know that I like being set up for a sequel (too many loose ends at the end).
Cindy
May 01, 2014 rated it liked it
*received for free through Goodreads First Reads

Post-apocalyptic political story focusing on a near-future where climate catastrophes and wars have decimated life as we currently know it and people are fighting against the current regime to not loose autonomy in the face of fear. Stories about man totally screwing up the world (WALL-E, etc) always depress me, because I know it's so likely to happen, so that took away from my enjoyment of the book somewhat. I was also leery of the shi
Monique
Dec 31, 2014 rated it really liked it
Dystopian with an environmental and political message. Sadly, I didn't manage to get the review written right away upon finishing the read (life happens sometimes), so I can't give a review with much detail. What I can say is that while the start is a bit rocky, the book finds its feet fairly quickly, so don't give up too early. Great characterization, too, and the author knows how to follow the rule of "Show, don't tell!" (All too rare these days.)

Disclaimer: I received a copy of th
Brittany Marin
Jul 29, 2014 rated it liked it
Shelves: giveaway-wins
I received the book for free through Goodreads First Reads.

The start was a bit rocky, but overall the book was quite good. The characters were interesting and complex. The plot had a number of twists which I enjoyed. While it had a great message, there were moments it became a little heavy-handed, trying too hard to get the point across. That could just be my taste. I tend to prefer more subtlety.
Arianna
Jul 10, 2016 rated it liked it
I got this in the goodreads giveaway.

It was very hard to understand the setting and lingo at first, particularly with the quick switches of povs. Even toward the end some things remained a bit unclear.
Overall it was an ok read. The emotional pieces of it did feel forced, it was hard to have any real caring for any of the characters.

The message on climate change is a good one, however.
Rickie Hinrichs
Apr 10, 2014 rated it really liked it
I can see what happened to Haline and the need for this place. I can see it starting to happen today. I hope we can stop it before it's to late. If not don' let another hitler try and take over as the one in the book tried and almost did. Natasha's just kept trying and finally she got something she wasn't sure she could handle.
Richard Barnett