Start by marking “Double Alchemy (Double Alchemy, #1)” as Want to Read:
Double Alchemy (Double Alchemy, #1)

Double Alchemy

(Double Alchemy #1)

Powerful yet tormented modern warlock Quinn Fairmont must initiate the silver-eyed Cade Mairston into the world of witchfinders, Withinners, and what can happen when two men fall truly, madly, deeply in love.

THE WORLD IN SHADOW

In modern London there lurks a warlock, Quinn Fairmont. Dangerous, powerful, tortured, sharing his body with the soul of an ancient Welsh sorcerer,
Paperback, 1st Edition, 335 pages
Published March 24th 2014 by Boroughs Publishing Group (first published March 23rd 2014)

To ask other readers questions about Double Alchemy, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Double Alchemy

Marte - Thunderella
Jul 06, 2014 rated it liked it
Recommended to Marte - Thunderella by: ⚣ World Champion Marco Manganiello ⚣
*** 3 somewhat ranting stars ***

This book started out really good and really hot! And I mean really lady boner hot.

But then the plot started and, well... it was okay, I guess.

Quinn is a powerful warlock and together with his Withinner he's even more powerful. But he (view spoiler)
JustJen "Miss Conduct"
Mar 17, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: paranormal, mm, ebook, bgirls

Review by The Blogger Girls.

What an exciting new world to be introduced to! I absolutely loved the unique paranormal story being told here. It takes a little while to really get the gist of what’s going on, especially with Quinn and his Withinner. But once you do get the hang of things, it is quite a tale.

Quinn isn’t just any warlock, he’s like the king of warlocks. Every warlock, at around the age of 7, is paired up, body and soul, with a Withinner, or ancient sorcerer. Quinn’s Withinner is Tal
Mel
Jul 06, 2014 added it
It seems reviews are the hardest to write, when a book is neither great nor bad, which is the case with Double Alchemy, as you have guessed correctly.

So, I will just try to tell you what I really liked, and why this book is not an amazing read.

The book starts really strong. There is ATTRACTION, and sexual tension, oh my. Haven’t read such a hot beginning and first sex scene in a while!
There is mystery, about Warlocks and Witches and Fey. I like fantasy and paranormal books, so I was intrigued by
Teri
Somewhere in the 3.5-4 star range. I'm not really sure. I enjoy paranormal books and I enjoyed that aspect of this book, I think it took me a little while to get into that part of it. In the beginning when Quinn is explaining things to Cade I wasn't really feeling it. It got better for me, though, once the other characters were introduced and things were happening instead of Quinn just explaining.
There was some serious hotness in there as well, I mean, I was scouring google for an image of a coc
Susan65
Mar 17, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: read-with-jen
I was totally impressed with Susan Mac Nicol taking a plunge into the paranormal wild side and I think she may have found her new calling. I started out a little confused trying to understand exactly how Quinn and his "Withinner" Taliesin worked, but it didn't take long to figure out this magycal world though and I was hooked. I was also hooked on Taliesin, and even though he was a very naughty sorcerer I still liked him...a lot. So much so that I want a Taliesin book.

But this book is about Cad
Tracey
If you're looking for a great MM and PNR read pick this up.

Quinn and Cade are an amazing couple, they are sexy and share some great banter, they go through so much in this story and I loved every bit of it!

Here's a brief recap when Quinn and Cade first see each other the attraction is magical literally! Quinn is a warlock, Cade believes he is human but Quinn quickly recognises him as fae, thank goodness they're both gay!

In a way their more than a couple as Quinn has a withinner.......his within
DaisyGirl
4.0 Stars

Warlock Quinn Fairmont and Cade Mairston ... and Taliesin. What a story. Granted, the first 1/2 of the book pissed me off and I was livid with the (view spoiler). But that aside, there was some wonderful world building here. And, interesting characters. I was quickly embroiled by the story and I came to truly care for both Quinn and Cade. (I'
Sammie J.
Mar 21, 2014 rated it really liked it
May contain spoilers...
DOUBLE ALCHEMY gets a big 4 stars from me. I don’t think I need to tell you how much I love this author as I always say in my reviews I am a fan of Susan’s. So why not the full whammy big 5 stars?
The only thing for me was I found the start of the book to be a bit slow but as soon as the story kicked in and picked up pace I was there hooked. The world the author has created is remarkable I loved Quinn’s character and the added part of him was awesome. Taliesin amused me a
Traci Kurtz
Mar 22, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Wow!!! Just let me lead with that. Susan Mac Nicol has kicked magical butt with Double Alchemy. I will try not to be too detailed because of spoilers...I don't want to ruin anything.

This book has it all. A very strong, passionate love affair between the lead characters Quinn and Cade that springboards Cade's introduction into a dangerous world of magic. Susan does an amazing job of creating a world inhabited by all sorts of magical creatures and gives it a wonderfully rich depth.

I absolutely lov
Paul
Mar 07, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: review
3.75 STARS
Not a bad read for a warlock and witch Urban Fantasy/Erotic Thriller, set in modern day London, I do love my UK novels. It kept me interested and was written by an actual wiccan (witch). A thesaurus might have helped it flow a touch more as certain words were used repeatedly. That is me being rather picky though and might be the correct terminology used by people who practice wicca.

The writing is good, the main storyline is interesting as are the MC's. It's a very sexual book though s
Don Bradshaw
A good read that lagged a little in the beginning as the author introduced the various Warlocks, Witches and the alliances. I like both Cade and Quinn but am a little wary of why he's keeping Cades's powers a secret. I like the fact that all Warlocks have a Withinner. There seems to be many secrets among the Warlocks and hopefully they will be answerd in book two.
Sadie Forsythe
Dec 17, 2014 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: kindle-lendable
This book has a great cover. That's the best thing I can say for it. Well, that and I appreciate Quinn and Cade being 36 & 35 years old. It's nice to encounter older leads, or at least not ridiculously youthful ones. But again, those are my only true compliments for this book. And now I'm going to rant a bit.

First and foremost, though possibly backwards to mention it in the beginning, this book is seemingly ennnnnddddllesssss. I swear I prayed and prayed for the end and it always seemed hour
Julesmarie
May 24, 2014 rated it it was ok
This is a really difficult one to rate.

I started out hating it. Cade and Quinn are apparently ridiculously sexually attracted to each other because Cade had fey blood and Quinn's a warlock. The first much-too-long of the book is the dance that they go through first trying to resist the attraction and then reveling in it. I didn't know either of them yet, and I didn't care about them or their freakily over-active libidos.

The middle part was excellent. This world is fascinating, with warlocks and
Aslyn
Aug 07, 2014 rated it it was ok
Okay, to be completely honest, I didn't technically finish this. The idea of the Withinner and the Warlock was pretty neat and I had high hopes for this, but despite the copious amounts of man-sex (which was pretty delicious regardless of whether or not I thought the author could have chosen better words to describe some things) I just couldn't make it all the way through. I got about 3/4. Some may be wondering why I didn't just push through the last quarter, well ... sorry to say, I just could ...more
multitaskingmomma
Go check out the eARC Review and win fabulous prices from the Blog Tour Giveaway HERE!

See you there!
Lisa The Novel Approach
Jun 13, 2014 rated it it was amazing
This is a 4.5 star review

Withinners, water sprites, witches and powerful warlocks make up just some of the cast of characters in Susan Mac Nicols’s new novel Double Alchemy. A fast paced and exciting novel set in a world where time travel and sports cars coexist, Double Alchemy explores the idea of a magnetic pull that mates us with the person we are to be with and just how far a man will go to protect the person he loves. Will he lie? Fight to the death? It is all here in an exciting paranormal
Denise Shirley carter
Apr 01, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I will start this review by admitting that I was a bit hesitant to read Double Alchemy. I have only read one other paranormal book, and it was far more comedy than paranormal. I enjoyed it, but it did not instill a love of paranormal. However, because it was Susan Mac Nicol, I knew this was a must read. In fact, I had previously hesitated on a few of her books, for no real reason other than my own fears! Susan writes so deeply and with such intensity that sometimes the book description has scare ...more
Gay Media Review
Mar 26, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Double Alchemy by Susan Mac Nicol is a brilliant, Paranormal MM novel!

Tormented, Warlock Quinn Fairmont must initiate the gorgeous Cade Mairston into a world of Witchfinders and Withinners and wait until you see what happens when these two men fall madly in love. Modern day London is where Warlock, Quinn roams the city. He shares his body with an ancient sorcerer, so Quinn is never alone. He will defend his kind at any price. Cade is a beautiful, lean and silver-eyed hottie and he brings feelin
Jill Prand
Mar 31, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Have you read Susan Mac Nicol before? If not here's a good place to start especially if you like paranormal. Cade is walking home one night and notices a strange cloaked man. His instinct tells him the stranger could be dangerous so he hides behind a tree. When he comes out there is a man coming towards him but it is not the same one. Quinn sidesteps Cade's kick and is instantly enchanted by the silver eyed man. Cade feels the pull but is hesitant to get involved.

Quinn uses his connections to g
Marinieves
Mar 18, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I have to say I am a fan of Susan's books and truly enjoy her writing . With this said when the opportunity presented to read Double Alchemy , I jump on it. I must confess that this is my first paranormal book in any genre and I love it ...
The way the story is told makes sense to someone who is new to the paranormal books.
The characters in the story are really develop so you can understand who they are and their significant contribution to the story.
Quinn Fairmont is a human first but also a
Gina
Jul 06, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: m-m, read-2014, paranormal, fae
It could have been a 5-star story if not for the 2 issues I have. But fitstly let me tell you whst worked for me.

1. Very refreshing setting. It's really different warlock story from others that I read in the past. The world integration between the modern world and the witch world is seamlessly done, as a end result, you will meet such a fasinating world and magical species.
2. Gripping and eventful, Fast paced, thrilling, interesting, well woven plot. What a page turner, this one. There is no d
Tee loves Kyle Jacobson
Double Alchemy is an amazing story that had me at the edge of my chair wondering what was going to happen. Lord Susan sure knows how to weave a story. In this book we get to see a different side of Susan that had me giving her a standing ovation for her change from romance to paranormal. Man Susan you have rocked it and I need book two like yesterday!

In Double Alchemy we meet Quinn Fairmont who is a warlock that shares his body with a withinner named Taliesan. They balance each other out and tog
Debbie
Mar 31, 2014 rated it really liked it
at last! a M/M paranormal that nary a vampire nor werewolf appear!

enter the world of Warlocks and Withinners. Quinn comes across Cade while out. the attraction is immediate, intense and unstoppable. but Quinn is not always himself, having a Withinner, Taliesin, an ancient Warlock of immense power.

when Quinn is forced to face something he has long buried, and Taliesin betrays Quinn, Cade and Quinn's relationship is put to the test. Cade's history is revealed, and Quinn is fighting for his life.
Red Cheeks Reads
Mar 28, 2014 rated it really liked it
I really love M/M books and I really, really love paranormal, so this book was a complete treat for me. While the book started off a bit slow, it definitely delivered. The story was gripping, romantic, and smoking hot!

This story was very intriguing and had a little bit of everything. Quinn, a King of sorts to the Warlocks, meets Cade, a water sprite. The connection between these two is off the charts and makes for very steam M/M scenes. Swoons. These boys are so very sexy! Do not even get me sta
Andrea
Mar 25, 2014 rated it it was amazing
This was wonderful and I want more right now! It didn’t end with a cliffhanger but there’s so much more to find out about the characters.
Kim
May 14, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Loved this book, paranormal meets M/M..A fantastic combination!!! Straight on to Book two..CLIMAX!!!
Congratulations Susan on an awesome book!
Karen Wellsbury
Apr 20, 2014 rated it really liked it
Thoroughly enjoyed this. Romantic, pacey, suspenseful + fun.

Full review to follow.
Carra
Jul 31, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I love when I come upon a paranormal story with a fresh idea (or at least fresh to me) that opens up new avenues in the genre. Here in Double Alchemy that's exactly what I found with warlocks having Withinners, a new concept that had far-reaching effects on the characters. There's also instant attraction, something I have no issue with in a paranormal setting, and plenty of suspense, intrigue and heat...oh my goodness, the heat...

I'm a sucker for complex characters, and in this story there's qui
Merissa (Archaeolibrarian)
Double Alchemy is the first book in the Double Alchemy duology. We meet Quinn, the Grand Master of the Warlocks, who has grown up knowing his role in life, and takes it very seriously. However, when he meets Cade, the attraction they feel for each other is off the charts! Cade is 'just' a human, or so he thinks. Then they find out that Cade has some elemental in his genealogy, which goes some way to explain the attraction. What happens with Cade and Quinn takes a back seat though when an old ene ...more
Helke
The blurb for this book was so promising that Im really disappointed. In theory I should love this book but I didnt feel the connection between the MCs. This instalust thing Cade can do nothing against and Quinn is using to his advantage is something I didnt like. At around 50 % the book got better for me (before that it was touch and go and I only did not DNF it because of the challenge). I liked the way the story went and was looking forward to read more of these version of magic. But in the e ...more

• Retribution (Kingdom of Ara #1)
  • Ice and Embers (Blessed Epoch, #2)
  • The V Unit
  • The Gods' Games Volume 1 & 2 (The Gods' Games, #1-2)
  • Emperor's Consort (Chronicles of the Shifter Directive #5)
  • Dreamlands (Dreamlands #1)
  • The Gifted One
  • Broken Ink
  • Surrounded By Crimson (Sumeria's Sons, #4)
  • Shield Mate (Chronicles of Ylandre, #7)
  • Cinnamon (Blood Nation, #3)
  • For Certain Values of Family (The Administration, #7)
  • Forgive Us (Deliver Us, #3)
Bringing lovers together, one book at a time

The official stuff

Susan writes steamy, sexy and fun contemporary romance stories, some suspenseful, some gritty and dark and others that hopefully make you think. She’s also Editor in Chief at Divine Magazine, an online LGBTQ e-zine, and one third of the deadly trio of Cover Thoughts.

Susan attained PAN status with the Romance Writers of America with her

Double Alchemy (2 books)
  • Climax (Double Alchemy, #2)
“we go to the bedroom now? I don’t mind if you tell me off there, either. In fact, if you play the bossy schoolmaster I think that would bode well for our relationship.” 4 likes
“Cade’s arms wrapped around his neck, pulling him closer. Quinn felt complete, as if he’d finally found a part of himself that was lost.” 1 likes