Start by marking “Hoodoo Blue (Magic and Mayhem, #1)” as Want to Read:
Hoodoo Blue (Magic and Mayhem, #1)

Hoodoo Blue

(Magic and Mayhem #1)

Fredi is a passionate witch with a scorching hot secret. Every time she has a sexual thought, green fire blasts from her fingertips. Gus is a gorgeous lycan who scares women away with his wild wolf-shifts. Not the best way to find relationships.

Published January 27th 2015 by Fated Desires Publishing, LLC

To ask other readers questions about Hoodoo Blue, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Hoodoo Blue

Shirene
Jan 05, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: review-finish
Sometimes books sit in my review pile for a while waiting for me to crack the proverbial spine open and delve into the world that the author has taken great time and thought into creating for their characters. I'm not exactly sure what caused me to keep pushing this to the back of the pile of "must read books" but it lingered there for far too long. And now I'm looking forward to reading more by this author because the story was told with a light touch that I found charming.

As most single people
Jennifer Perkins
Dec 04, 2014 rated it liked it
ARC provided by author in exchange of honest review

Fredi is a witch with a scorching hot secret and Gus is a lycan who scares women away with his
wild wolf-shifts. They’re set up on a date and help each other through in ways they didn’t expect.

"Hoodoo Blue" by Katalina Leon is a first for me. The cover is terrific. The book was a quick read and very enjoyable. I felt it could have been a longer story, but that could just be me. The author did a wonderful job with her descriptions, I felt as thoug
Ana
Aug 31, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Burning Love!

Federica De La Cruz is a witch with a serious problem, whenever she has lustful thoughts, she shoots flames. What's a girl to do, become celibate, so as not to burn the town down? Fredi thinks just that, don't go out with any guy, just stick to rescuing kittens and witching them good homes.

Her BFF Estele has other plans for her though in the form of a yummy lycan named Gus with a full moon problem. If she can get them together to have a drink called Hoodoo Blue all should fall into
Judy Lewis
A TREASURE TROVE OF MAGICAL GOODNESS !!!
Title: HooDoo Blue
Series: Sorcery By The Sea
Author: Katalina Leon
Designation: Book One, Standalone Novella, NO Cliffhanger
My Rating: FIVE MAGICALLY DELICIOUS STARS*****
So, a witch and a lycan walk into a bar.....Yeah, yeah, I know - it sounds like the first line of a bad joke but Hoodoo Blue is no joke! It's an uproariously comical, laugh out loud funny, fantastically awesome novella by Katalina Leon and I loved it! I read this story last year when it was
Marta Cox
Jan 23, 2015 rated it really liked it
Every once in a while I find myself dving into a book with if I'm honest very low expectations . I do like this authors work but wasn't really sure if a story featuring a love potion would satisfy my romantic soul. Yes I want romance but I need to believe the couple genuinely do have a great connection and as luck would have it there is most definitely a few sparks flying around between these two!
Fredi the witch has a somewhat unique problem and it's having dire consequences on her now nonexiste
ancaraisa
Oct 04, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Written For Confessions From Romaholics

Take a witch and a werewolf, mix it with a powerful love spell, add some dirty talk and you’ll have the receipe for the perfect hoodoo blue cocktail. Of course, it should come with a warning: never trust another witch who sets you up on a blind date that will end with you wearing an orange safety vest and picking up trash on the side of the highway every weekend for six months! You never know what could happen next: it could go worse than wearing something
 Aschlie Brake - The Piggy has Flown Books
I received a free copy of this book in exchange for an honest review. I have read several of Katalina Leon's books and do enjoy them each time. Can't go wrong when you write great Shifter/Witch romances, right?! Most of the books are shorter, so you can read them in one afternoon. If not, I am sorry, because I get sucked into her stories and can't put it down until it is done.

In this tale we meet Fredericka (AKA Fredi) De la Cruz, a beautiful witch with a problem. If she thinks of anything, I me
Eva Millien
Jan 26, 2015 rated it really liked it
Fredi and Gus have both sworn off dating until they can get themselves under control but one set up from hell later and all bets are off as they just might change their minds in this charming and quirky paranormal romance.

Fredi’s secret is taking a heavy toll on her love life as she has no control over her witch fire when she gets hot and bothered and Gus finds that women are turned off by his increasingly wild wolf shifts.
The reader can’t help but get caught up by their story as a well intentio
Denise Van plew
Jan 22, 2015 rated it it was amazing
This is my first time reading this author and what drew me was the story line. As soon as I opened it up I was very glad I ventured in. With paranormal being one genre I pick often because of all the wonderful characters and extraordinary things that go on this author was no different. I met two wonderful characters-Fredi and Gus. Fredi is a witch and Gus is a Lycan and thanks to a set up by her friend that meet at a bar both for different reasons so they think then they are stood up but keep on ...more
Diane Lynch
Jan 07, 2015 rated it really liked it
Witch Frederica De la Cruz, and lycan Gus Odindon both have issues that need resolving and have no intention of dating anyone. They share a pitcher of “Hoodoo Blue” and are forced to spend time together.

If you’re in the mood for a story that is going to make you laugh, go no further, you have found your book. Hoodoo Blue is a very funny story that kept me giggling.

Fredi and Gus have hilarious issues that kept me amused. Okay, if the issues were happening to me, they might not be so funny but in
Sheila
Dec 13, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I received this book from the author in exchange for a fair and honest review.

HOODOO BLUE is one of the funniest romances I have read! Fredi is a witch who has problems with her temper and it has caused her to catch things on fire when she thinks sexual thoughts. Gus is a wolf shifter who wants a mate but cannot find one because he scares women when they find out he's a shifter. Fredi's friend, Estele, decides these two are a good match and does what she can to get them together.

I have not laugh
Erin Burns
Jun 20, 2015 rated it liked it
Shelves: author-arc, read-2015
This is a fun, snappy little paranormal romance, but instead of a meet-cute, we have a meet-disaster. Neither Gus nor Fredi thinks they are in the right place to date, but a good-hearted friend with a penchant for mischief and spell casting gone awry thinks otherwise. And when the spell goes on, the brakes on the brain and the lips definitely goes off. There’s some rather fun repartee and some sizzling smexing, followed by a sweet happily every after. :Sigh: I just adored Gus, he’s too precious ...more
Rochelle
Jan 17, 2015 rated it liked it
*I received a ARC by the author for a honest review*

Fredi is a witch who has become the joke of the witch world because of her unmanageable powers. To top it off she's refrained from any form of sexual excitement as she can't control herself. Gus is a lykan who doesn't seem to have any luck finding a mate due to his furry side. Until he sets eyes on Fredi. They are set up by a friend who only wants the best but who ends up causing all sorts of disasters.
It's was a sweet story. I loved the chara
Samantha
I received a ARC copy of this book in exchange for an honest review and I have to say I was pleasantly surprised.

Gus is a Lycan who hasn't had much luck when it comes to finding his mate. Fredi hasn't had much luck in love either, but she's sort of become the laughing stock of the witch world thanks to her uncontrollable powers, and her quick temper.

Thanks to some meddling from a friend, Gus and Fredi get Hoodooed and are forced to suffer the effects through a night. It's funny, cute, and fun
Janka
Jan 07, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Received a free copy for an honest review

This is such a lovely and funny love story. Fredi and Gus are great characters, they are both very unlucky in love department. Both dealing with their own problems and issues. They get set up and meet in a bar. And a set of mishaps and disasters happen. And they are so so funny.
The story is written very well, there is sexual tension right throughout, sex scenes are hot and steamy. I very much enjoyed it.
Hannah
Sep 30, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Now this the kind of romance you can sink your teeth into! I loved this story with the quirky, curvy, blonde witch and her green flames! Such a fun and easy story for a quiet night in, complete with slushy, hoodoo magic! Great job katalina and I can not wait for more! (Complimentary copy provided by author/publisher for an honest review)
Mistress Book Lover
Apr 01, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Hoodoo Blue by Katalina Leon

I so loved this book and the characters Fredi & Gus, I so can't wait to read more by this Author *****5 STARS*****
April Hollingworth
Review Courtesy of April Hollingworth

This is a wonderfully fun book. The characters are brilliant and what flies out of their mouths is pretty hilarious. This is a sexy and sweet novella, and a must read. I loved it.

Opening Scene:

Fredi gazed into the depths of the crate and whispered in her softest, most reassuring voice.

The Review:

Fredi is a passionate witch with a scorching hot secret. With the slightest sexual thought, even a small one, green fire blast from her fingertips. Things are getting
Judy Lewis
Mar 02, 2015 rated it it was amazing
A TREASURE TROVE OF MAGICAL GOODNESS !!!
So, a witch and a lycan walk into a bar.....Yeah, yeah, I know - it sounds like the first line of a bad joke but Hoodoo Blue is no joke! It's an uproariously comical, laugh out loud funny, fantastically awesome novella by Katalina Leon and I love it! Leon has dazzled her readers yet again with another example of her amazing talent, incredible imagination and unique humor and style. She never fails to deliver a very entertaining and most pleasurable read. T
Anna-marie Buchner
Feb 01, 2015 rated it it was amazing
“Giggled throughout the entire read”

HooDoo Blue (Magic and Mayhem) Book #1 Katalina Leon
What a delightful short little read. Wasn’t sure what to expect but I was pleasantly surprised.
Fredi a witch with a temper and has an issue with flaming green balls of plasma coming out of her fingers. If she’s mad or if she’s feeling amorous. Which by the way can really suck.
Estele is Fredi BFF and a novice witch. Her spells don’t always do what they’re supposed to. Her intentions are good and she wants her
Tammy Sowards-Sanchez
Shelves: arc
# OF STARS 5/5 Genre: Paranormal Pages: 70
Overview:

Both have vowed not to date until they get themselves under control, but a witchy friend thinks differently. The pair get tricked into sharing a frosty pitcher of “Hoodoo Blue” and fall prey to a wayward
Mary Lou Hoffman
Feb 19, 2015 rated it really liked it
Title: HOODOO BLUE
Series: Magic and Mayhem #1
Category /Genre: Paranormal Romance
Recommended for: 18+ due to sexual content
Received from: Katalina Leon (in exchange for an honest review)
Grammar/editing: ungraded – book received as an unedited ARC / errors excused

This is the first book in the Magic and Mayhem series. There is no cliff-hanger, so I don’t know yet if we will need to read them in order.

This is a short, humorous, sexy story featuring a passionate witch with a temper, a novice witch wi
Racy
Feb 19, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I received an ARC of this book. This book was so funny. I laughed so hard. I have several different types of books I like to read and this one was mixed with 2. I love witches and I also love werewolves. I so love the fact that she put the two of them together.
Fredi De la Cruz was a witch who had put relationships on hold until she got her magic under control. She had not been with a guy in 6 long months. She would not even allow herself to indulge in sexual thoughts due to blue flames that woul
Chris Torretta
Mar 30, 2015 rated it it was amazing
This is hilariously adorable! From page one I knew I was not going to be able to put this down. It’s a crazy situation to begin with but having friends like these makes you curious about your enemies.

So… the whole set up is that this is technically a blind date. Of course no one included in the blind date is told that it is a date! Which makes this even more hilarious.

From the start you know that Fredi and Gus are going to have some sparks. In this case it is quite literally! I love how the stor
Lisa
Feb 08, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Thanks for allowing me to ARC for you once again. Love the book!!!

There is only one way of describing this book and it is - WICKED FUN READ !!! This book had me laughing from start to finish. I loved how insecure both of the characters were when is comes to love. Both have terrible past dating experiences that they have to work through to be open to even allowing themselves to hope for love. If that isn't enough of a challenge to work through they also have to survive having drank a hoodoo potio
Hannah
Jan 02, 2015 rated it really liked it
Hoodoo Blue is a funny PNR laced with good intentions gone wrong. The Blonde Bombshell witch also known as Fredi hasn't had the best luck with dating swearing it off because with every dirty/erotic thought she has green plasma flies out her fingertips setting things on fire. Gus is a Lycan shifter who hasn't had the best control of his shifting lately. When Fredi's best friend laces the Hoodoo Blue mix with a special potion to keep Fredi and Gus together and talking because she knows they are pe ...more
Barbara
Mar 24, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is book one in the series and I can not wait until the next one is out! This was a laugh out loud story of Fredi a passionate witch who for the last little while has had her powers go funny, when she thinks of being with someone.Fredi’s best friend Estele sets her up saying she wants to meet for a girl’s night out.In the meantime Gus a werewolf with a very passionate sex drive is afraid of hurting a woman, is to meet his buddies at the same bar! Their friends do not show up and Estele has p ...more
Teressa Mirault
Feb 22, 2015 rated it it was amazing
At the beginning of this you meet Fredi, a witch, who seems to be a klutz and has very bad luck. You also met Estele, another witch, who is Fredi's friend and wants to see her with a man. Estele has a problem with her magic always going wrong, and Fredi has a problem with green fire flying from her fingers every time she gets sexually excited.
Estele gets Fredi to go to the bar one night, and makes sure Gus, a Lycan who Estele thinks would be great for Fredi is there. She has the bartender give t
Gale
Feb 19, 2015 rated it it was amazing
If you are looking for a wonderfully touching and funny read, Hoodoo Blue is for you. It wasn’t deep, it wasn’t bloody, it wasn’t off the deep end – it was just a great story that had me laughing and cheering these two on. Fredi is a witch with “issues”. Gus is a lycan who is all wolf. To say that chaos ensues is a bit of an understatement but it is a hilarious ride. I really liked both of these characters.

If you want to have a fun evening read, this is a book for you. Katalina Leon is a new au
D Thomas
Feb 09, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Hoodoo Blue

by Katalina Leon

Hoodoo Blue is a Hoot! Fredi had me laughing so hard at times. Gus wasn't to bad himself.

Oh come on....what could go wrong on a blind date? I mean, if you don't get along, you just leave....right?

Ha! Not with a friend like Estele.

Fredi and Gus each have their own to deal with. Being intimate is one they want to stay away from.....but......

One pitcher of Hoodoo Blue and all verbal filters are gone.

Follow Fredi and Gus and see how a wild and wicked night for a Lycan an
« previous 1 3 next »
Katalina Leon is an artist and author who can’t commit to a single genre. Her favorite playgrounds are historical, Sci-fi, contemporary, and most of all paranormal realms. Katalina brings a sense of adventure and a touch of the mystical to erotic romance. She believes there's a daring heroine inside every woman who wants to take a wild ride with a strong worthy hero.

Voted Romantic Suspense author