Start by marking “Dominic (Slater Brothers, #1)” as Want to Read:
Dominic (Slater Brothers, #1)

Dominic

(Slater Brothers #1)

4.05  ·  Rating details ·  23,142 ratings  ·  1,892 reviews
After a car accident killed her parents when she was a child, Bronagh Murphy chose to box herself off from people in an effort to keep herself from future hurt. If she doesn't befriend people, talk to them or acknowledge them in any way they leave her alone just like she wants.

When Dominic Slater enters her life, ignoring him is all she has to do to get his attention. Dom
Published March 17th 2014 by L.A. Casey

To ask other readers questions about Dominic, please sign up.
Evelyn I love mystery books. It is one of my favorite genres. Even though the scary books keep me up at night I do enjoy a good scare.

·  23,142 ratings  ·  1,892 reviews

Mo
Mar 17, 2014 rated it did not like it
QUOTES ARE FROM THE "READER'S NOTE" AT THE START OF THE BOOK

"Dominic is set in Ireland; most of the characters are Irish, and the Irish have a dialect that is completely different from any other dialect in the world. We tend to break words down when speaking and jumble them….."

"I want to make it clear that when you see an Irish character in Dominic say the word “me” where “my” should be, that is supposed to be written that way. Everything is “me” here in Ireland and rarely “my”… "

"…we also
Patrycja
Mar 25, 2014 rated it did not like it

Title: Dominic
Series: Slater Brothers #1
Author: L.A Casey
Release Date: March, 2014
Rating: 0 stars; Note: DNFed.
Cliffhanger:. No
HEA: (view spoiler)

DNF 65%

I’m so in hate with this novel, there won’t be any pretty graphics to make my review sweeter.

I just couldn’t do it anymore. It was horrible brainwashing disaster that left me feeling confused and very angry. The characters were dumb, childish and very unlikeable, the plot was boring and not original at all and I simpl
Christine Wallflower & Dark Romance Junkie
4 Crazy and What a Riot Stars!

What the hell was that???? Seriously when I started reading this book I was hoping for your typical alpha male, with alpha male tendencies, and the typical heroine who's an absolute doormat. So basically what I wanted was the hero to swoop in and wham! bham! it's over!

What I got was:
1. An OTT hormonal alpha male teenage boy (who I loved!)
2. A foul mouthed heroine (who reminded me of myself)
3. A shit ton of sexual tension and teenage angst

My goodness these people wer
KAT ♕ Kitty Kats Crazy About Books ♕
5 Shockingly Good Fuck-Face and Fat-Arse Stars

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

ARC Provided by the author, "L.A.Casey" in exchange for an honest review

"RAMPAGE"

BLOND TWIN IS AMAZING

God where to start, oh yeah if you are a prude and are easily shocked don't even read this book because it will leave you with a mouth open catching flies!! There is ALOT and I mean ALOT of abuse in here (Laughs Arse off) and ALOT shitloads to be exact of Swearing!! I lost count at 100 swear words!! So to sum it up this book was Fucking Awesome!!

"
L.A. Casey
Jan 12, 2014 marked it as finished-writing  ·  (Review from the author)

AMAZON US
AMAZON UK
KOBO
ITUNES
SCRIBD

READERS NOTE
DOMINIC is set in Ireland; most of the characters are Irish, and the Irish have a dialect that is completely different from any other dialect in the world. We tend to break words down when speaking and jumble them up; we're weird like that.

I want to make it clear that when you see an Irish (Dublin) character in DOMINIC and the rest of the Slater Brothers series know that they are based on my accent and how I speak, when they say the word 'me' w
Tori
Oy.

I'm not really even sure where to start with this book. I read the warning attached to the book claiming there is abundance of cursing, alpha behavior, and OTT drama. However, Ms. Casey fails to inform the reader there is bullying, slut shaming, gratuitous violence, and an emotionally abusive relationship. Oh yes, no matter how many times you giggle during this book, the relationship between the MCs is abusive.

Similar to Beautiful Disaster in the set up-bad boy who illegally fights and is us
PrudesBeware
*******************************************************

If you're a prude, DO NOT READ THIS BOOK.
If you can't handle a hero and heroine who are batshit crazy, DO NOT READ THIS BOOK.
If you can't handle swearing, violence and a bunch of random stuff been thrown at the hero's head, SERIOUSLY, DO NOT READ THIS BOOK.
If you DON'T heed the author's warning and go ahead and read the book KNOWING you will hate what is in the warnings then you my friend, are a special kind of stupid.

BASED ON MOST OF 1 STA
✝✝ Ⓓaisy ❣ ✝✝

Stopped at 38%

Firstly, this book is filled with cuss! That didn't thrill me at all to continue my reading. But I don't think that Irish girl cuss that much daily! Plus that temper was not sitting well.

Secondly, it was kind annoying to see those two banter with each other. I felt like sewing her mouth. Way too much of drama!! Nothing that was interesting!

Lastly, few hot tattooed boys and a fighter in it, nothing seems appealing.

Hence, I am out for here!

photo Jp2zTVn.gif

**ARC provided for review**
Angie - Angie's Dreamy Reads
Mar 26, 2014 rated it it was amazing
So I'll admit that this started off a little rough!

If you're not a fan of assholes with no limits to what they can and can't do, can and can't say then don't read this. You'll cringe. But I'm the kind of girl that really loves an ASSHOLE ALPHA and I freaking loveeeedddd this. There was just so much juiciness. Yes, they're a little immature but they're in high school!!! There's a lot of dirty language but again it didn't bother me in the slightest. I got more annoyed at the slap happiness at one
Polly
Mar 17, 2014 rated it it was ok
*ARC received for honest review**

I read this a while ago and needed to get my head together for a decent review.

As you can tell by the rating, I wasn't a fan. It had nothing to do with the Irish dialogue. I've never read such angry people before. I swear they spent most of the book beating on each other. I never connected with Dominic. He wanted her so bad but yet tormented her left and right in ways that were borderline sexual assault. I could deal with the language but I shit you not every 3r
✿kawehi.reviews
UPDATE: It's LIVE on Amazon UK, Amazon US, and Amazon AU friends!! Pick up your copy NOW!!

Holy fuc#%in sh*t this book was not what I had expected!

~And why yes Kat, “Blonde Twin is Amazing!” F*#k, I LOVED Damien!

description

Dominc was a nice interlude to kick off the stories of the Slater brothers, all FIVE of them, and their relationships with their women and trying to take hold of their pasts.

Dominic tells the story of two individuals at a crossroads with life.

Set in the lavish suburbs of Ireland, w
Angie **loves angst**
Listen I not a picky reader. Most things that annoy my friends in books I can overlook and still find some enjoyment in it. After sleeping on it and rethinking this I've revised my rating to two stars.

My main issue with this book was:
THE NEVER ENDING DRAMA

description

I try to keep my life and reads drama free. I love me some angst and emotional reads but this was just too, too much...

description

Issue Number #2: The constant fighting. Someone was always hitting or beating on another for childish, silly reasons.

Issue N
~ Becs ~
 photo dominiccasting_zps9c055d68.jpg

Well, it’s safe to say that this book is a complete RIOT! It’s totally not what I was expecting. When I first saw that cover and read the blurb, I was expecting a romance in a similar style to Katy Evans’ Real but this is very different from that. In fact, when I first realised that the two main protagonists are actually in High School, I was initially a little put off, but there’s something about this book that really kind of captivated me and I was pretty much sucked in.

Let me start off by say
Maria...
Re-read 11/3/2016

"5 Fuckface & Pretty girl stars"

"You look so fucking hot when you come, pretty girl.
Hmm, you taste even better."

"Are you okay phat ass?"
"I've never been better, Fuckface."

I LOVE THIS BOOK!!!It's one of my favorite!

I ADORE Dominic!He is the sweetest ASSHOLE!

"Keep running that smart mouth of yours and I'll bend you over,
smack that phat ass and fuck you with my big cock!"

description
I love this book and the characters in it!
Branna+Ryder+Alec+Kane+Damien=Family!
They created an amazing fami
❃**✿【Yasmine】✿**❃

BLURB: Orphaned at a young age, eighteen year old Bronagh is used to keeping people at a distance, afraid to let anyone in and eventually get hurt. That all changes the day the hot American Dominic walks into her school and is constantly in her face. Everywhere she turns, he's there, annoying the fuck out of her. Of course, that can only mean one thing...

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

I had a ton of issues with this book. It really was not for me. Mostly th
Maida»-(¯`v´¯)-»

RATING: DNF @ 58% :(

Dominic just isn’t for me. I can’t connect with the characters nor can I respect them. I realize the blurb warns about all the possible reasons why someone would not like the story but there is a limit. I was expecting a little bit of everything mentioned in the blurb, and I made my peace with all that BEFORE starting, but what I can’t condone is violence, no matter how bad a temper someone has. The heroine has a bad temper - fine. She hits the hero on multiple occasions - NO
Valentina "TinchyB"
Mar 17, 2014 rated it it was amazing
5 BIG ONES!!!

Please...did you expect any less from me!?
I love my men possessive and batshit crazy and this one was all in one!
He's a fighter and a mobster for crying out loud...
Can a girl ask for more!?

description

I loved both of characters!
They make me laugh so hard I almost choke myself!
Loved their constant bantering and fighting...they were never boring!
And their steamy scenes too...
Oh my,and most important...I can't forget Nico's dirty mouth...HOT!

description

I liked Bee character most!
She's feisty and strong and
Yessi Smith
Jan 12, 2014 rated it it was amazing
This is easily the hardest review I’ve written simply because I want to do this book justice. But here goes.

Dominic is more than a story about love and loss, but also a story about trust and letting go.

Bronagh lost her parents when she was nine, leaving her sister Branna as her guardian and the only person she loves and trusts. At 18, Bronagh has built a barrier around herself and her heart that no one has been able to break through. At least until Dominic, an American prick, comes into this sp
Jen
This book is honestly not for everyone. When I read a bunch of reviews I was very hesitant about giving it a try. I will admit that this book kept me interested...I am a bit embarrassed by that considering it was more like a drama filled soap opera. I obviously still have some part of me that enjoys the drama filled life of others!!! Seeing as this is not real and just a story, I was able to sit back and just enjoy.

The Slater brothers are definitely as alpha as they come. They have moved to Irel
Sheyenne
This is the definition of huge disappointment. I was so ready for a good contemporary romance but I didn't get that. What I got was a huge disappointment!

I didn't too much care for Bronagh but my biggest problem with this story was Dominic. Anyone who thinks he's book boyfriend material has a problem.

I know now days most books have an "alpha male" and yes I like some of those alpha males. But Dominic isn't an alpha male he's a douchelord!

First off he's a bully. He does stuff on purpose just to p
Imy♥♥
3 PHAT...FUCKFACE...STARS

photo tumblr_m8gnq1fnGd1rdt2p2o1_500.gif

Truth be told, I had trouble rating this book. I enjoyed it, but at times I wanted to dropkick my Kindle...and Dominic. - Ok just Dominic.

photo tumblr_m8g5wwicTD1rbhprko1_500.gif

Based in Dublin, Ireland - Dominic is centred around 18 year old Bronagh.

Bronagh's a sharp tongued, no holds, honest to god ballzy MC.
She lives with her older sister Brenna, whom also takes on the role of the parent, as theirs were killed many years ago.

Ever since then, Bronaghs distant herself from the human population, not wanti
Beatrice ~ Confessions of a Pinay Bookaholic
I don't know where I got my long patience and manage to finish this book. I picked this up out on a whim because I'm in the mood for angsty read. However, I didn't expect to deal with incredibly annoying characters and their over the fucking top drama. I've encountered books with bullies/jerk heroes like Jared Trent (Bully), Reed Royal (Paper Princess), Caine Carraway (Hero) etc.. They have reasons why they're acting like assholes. I find these guys redeemable and ended up loving them. In this b ...more
Silla Webb
Feb 03, 2014 rated it it was amazing
WOW...I seriously am just blown away...debut release? NO...no way in hell, that this 22 year old young momma wrote this...YES...YES SHE DID!!!

L.A. Casey is a new author, releasing her debut novel Dominic on March 17, 2014. I received a copy of Dominic to BETA read, pre release. WOW...

Bronagh Murphy is a senior in high school, living with her older sister. Still coping with the death of her parents, ten years earlier, Bronagh would love nothing more than to fade away from her own existence. She
Maayan
Soo I have read this book a moth ago .. Why it took so long to make a review you ask? Well ... I'm asking the same damn question. Even after all this time, I'm not sure what I'm feeling about this book. But I need to say something - I have read this book in one sitting. I couldn't stop. I really wanted to know what was gonna happen. That's a good thing, no?

Ok. Now for my thoughts. It may contain spoilers so it's on your own risk.

The book was fun and light. I liked the banter between the characte
Suzana
Mar 18, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Loved it ...
Loved the fighting and passion between Bronagh and Dominic ...
Always bickering and trowing stuff at each other ...
At some parts of the story I was laughing so hard ...
Never get bored while reading it ...
5 stars for very enjoyable read!
Āwhina
Mar 03, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Reviewer for Kitty Kats Crazy About Books
Received an ARC from the Author for an honest review.
Thank You L.A. Casey

10 ★★★★★★★★★★ Laughd' My Fat Fucking Arse Off Stars!!!
5 just doesn't do Dominic or L.A Casey justice!!! I. Can. Not. beeeelieve that this is your debut book!
U are BadArse!!!
I seriously Looooved reading this! Can. Not. Wait! for more.... this is a definite one click ladies!

I pretty much laughed my arse off from the start till the very last page! B & Dom are Hilarious!
Tee loves Kyle Jacobson
******* THIS IS A WARNING THIS BOOK IS NOT FOR THE FAINT AT HEART! IF YOU DO NOT LIKE SWEARING, FIGHTING, AND READING A BOOK WITH AN ACCENT OR IN THIS CASE A BOROUGH THEN GET AWAY FROM THE BOOK AND THE REVIEW! *********

Where to start this review I have no idea because my mind is scattered all over the place. To say I LOVED this book is an understatement. I usually give a little bit of a spoiler in my reviews but with Dominic I will not because LADIES and GENTS this is one book you have to read!
Chan
Sep 01, 2017 rated it really liked it
I’M SO ASHAMED!
description/

Where is my banner of feminism and gender equality?
description/

Why did I enjoy this book so much? There were so many things that normally turn me off like –

1. The Heroine (Bronagh) was bullied by the Hero (Dominic)
2. The Heroine threw tantrums and had emotional issues
3. The Hero was the stereotypical good looking, strong, can’t nobody beat him male
4. The Heroine hid behind the Hero and had him fight her battles
5. The Heroine would run her mouth, but couldn’t back up her words
6. The Heroine b
Books like this 4 85 Dec 26, 2017 01:51PM
Goodreads Librari...: incorrect author, edition 3 23 Jul 16, 2015 02:15PM
Dominic&Damien 3 99 Oct 02, 2014 06:46PM
Good short story while i wait!!! 3 50 Aug 15, 2014 03:29AM
Goodreads Librari...: Kindle Edtion Merge Request 3 46 Mar 03, 2014 01:47AM

• Beneath the Surface (Reluctance, #1)
  • Knockout (Wayward Fighters, #1)
  • Nero (Made Men, #1)
  • Fight For Me
  • Enraptured (Demi Brother's #1)
  • Get Me (The Keatyn Chronicles, #6)
  • This Regret
  • Consumed (Consumed, #1)
  • Mine (Real, #2)
  • Crow (Boston Underworld, #1)
  • Lost in Flight (Complicated Love, #2)
  • You Are Mine (Forever, #2)
  • Fighting to Forgive (Fighting, #2)
  • Love Plus One (G-Man, #2)
  • Beautiful Ink (Forever Inked, #1)
  • 12 Rounds (Knockout, #1)
  • Take Care (Take #1)
  • Maybe This Time (Maybe, #1)
L.A. Casey is a New York Times and USA Today bestselling author who juggles her time between her mini-me and writing. She was born, raised and currently resides in Dublin, Ireland. She enjoys chatting with her readers, who love her humour and Irish accent as much as her books.

Casey's first book, DOMINIC, was independently published in 2014 and became an instant success on Amazon. She is both tradi

Slater Brothers (6 books)
  • Alec (Slater Brothers, #2)
  • Kane (Slater Brothers, #3)
  • Ryder (Slater Brothers, #4)
  • Damien (Slater Brothers, #5)
  • Brothers (Slater Brothers, #6)
“Shut up with the backtalk, because if I wanted lip from you, I'd sit on your face.” 89 likes
“You've always been mine, pretty girl. You just didn't know it.” 65 likes