Start by marking “Outrageous Openness: Letting the Divine Take the Lead” as Want to Read:
Outrageous Openness: Letting the Divine Take the Lead

Outrageous Openness: Letting the Divine Take the Lead

A collection of spiritual lessons, anecdotes, and thoughts on the Divine’s intervention in our lives, this brilliantly written and wonderfully entertaining book teaches us how to live purposefully and in line with the Force of Love.

“What if the Divine is constantly igniting roadside flares to get our attention? What if there actually is a Supreme Organizing Principle with
Published June 24th 2014 by Atria Books (first published May 3rd 2011)

To ask other readers questions about Outrageous Openness, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Outrageous Openness

Start your review of Outrageous Openness: Letting the Divine Take the Lead
Eva Czmer
Jul 02, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I have not quite finished little gem but I already know without a doubt that this is my all time favourite little book on divine guidance and I rate it 10 stars out of 5! Tosha is a very quirky Aquarian who shares a collection of warm (and sometimes very funny) short stories from her own life. Each little story is profound and captures perfectly an aspect of divine guidance. I guess basically this is a book about JUST LETTING GO!! You can either try to live your life by trying to work it all out ...more
Robin Donnelly
Feb 09, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Since Valentine's Day is "International Book Giving Day" I asked for this for my gift. I follow Tosha Silver on FB and have been intrigued by some of her posts about astrology and excerpts about this book.

This is a great read for the open-minded and open-hearted. What a touching book for the heart chakra! It has such good stories and practical advice relating to the practice of trusting the Universe for our good and not living small and in fear.

I'm a huge fan of spirituality books and have been
Lucy
Jul 15, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
GET THIS BOOK! You will not regret the small price for the immense wisdom and joy found between the pages, and in my case (the audio book) in the calm lovely voice of the author herself! This book could not have come at a more perfect time for me – exactly the message of Tosha’s book: to notice the signs in day to day life that affirm and guide us on our individual paths and to trust the Divine and let it take the lead. I have read countless books, been to lectures, retreats, and watched so many ...more
Kathryn
Jul 07, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: spirituality, 2015
First sentence: Years ago I became fascinated by an adorable book called Are You My Mother?, the tale of a baby bird searching the world for its home.

Favorite quotes:

Beside every blade of grass is an angel saying, 'Grow, grow, grow.' - Kabbalistic saying

So to me, operating without the help of signs would be like refusing to turn on the lights in a darkened room. Why stumble around tripping over furniture when the Universe has the bulbs?

When you knock, ask to see God...not any of the
Joni
Jan 24, 2017 rated it it was ok
Errr. People are raving about this book. Me, not so much. I really wanted to like this more, especially since it was recommended by a friend and I love its overall message.

And no, this is not a review coming from a skeptical-minded person not ready for these books yet. I’ve read many books on spirituality that I now live by, have Tarot readings done, go to my yoga classes, and burn more sage than is probably healthy… This tells you nothing you need to know about me, but it should tell you that I
Mai
Mar 20, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This is the best spiritual book I've read so far ,it puts your faith and all the spiritual ideas you believe in to the test ,it reconnects you again with the divine force of love ,God :)
Practical ,inspiring and Simply Mind-blowing :)
We are really connected to God ,the divine power that rules this universe and all we have to do to connect to this magnificent power is to ask ,seek help ,pray and as the author puts it "Call in the divine order" and letting go of all your worries and problem by
Cynthia
Oct 06, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This was a beautifully written spiritual journey of a book with many lovely, uplifting miracles spread throughout. Whenever I was feeling anxious or sad, I would read a chapter and immediately be filled with hope and excitement about the road ahead in my twisty, turny life. I highly recommend Tosha Silver as a spiritual guru of an author!!!
Jess
Dec 13, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: funny, spiritual
I have read The game of life and how to play it by Florence Shovel Shin last year and loved it so very much. However this book is like the 2014 version.

It is so inspiring and I will be rereading this book over and over in the future. I believe it will help centre me and help me to have FAITH in the divine even when I am feeling down.
Lexy
Jun 26, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is a super funny, witty, charismatic and entertaining read! And not to mention super practical. This isn't some dense new-age theoretical read or some religious mumbo jumbo. It's a smooth, rich, and delightful and fun read into what the heck all this law of attraction is REALLY about!
Roos Kwon
Jan 21, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Just what I needed...a new favorite author ...more
Eerika
This was an amazingly inspiring and soothingly hopeful book. I read "Outrageous Openness" almost at one go and right after that the author's other book Change Me Prayers, so I'll review these together, as I can't separate my thoughts about these both wonderful books.

These books where both entertaining to read - "Outrageous Openness" even more so. The stories give a wonderful rainbow of ways small selves make their own life harder, which helped me to recognize things of myself. I didn't only
Lorilee
Oct 13, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Power of Attraction followers
Recommended to Lorilee by: ?
When I began reading this book, I knew after the first chapter that this is a book I will not only purchase but will keep at my fingertips to reread portions whenever I know I've "forgotten" how the Universe works. I've been doing Tosha Silver's approach to living life from a spiritual "God knows best" ever since first coming in contact with Silva Mind Control techniques and realizing they work like magic. I want to own this book to be reminded through the many three-page chapters of Silver's ...more
Christa Sigman
Sep 22, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: read-in-2016
I heard about this book three years ago. I put it on my request list for my library in January. Just two weeks ago I checked and was slated to get it in July. Last week was terrible. I was stressed and breaking down. Friday I get a call that a book I have requested is available for pick up. I went on Saturday knowing this was the only one I was awaiting. Sure enough, it was there. I started reading yesterday and every single word applied to what I am going through. I saw where I had closed ...more
Bella
This is one of the best spiritual books I've read. I don't like fundamentalism, judgey-ness, or archaic dogma from medieval history that was meant to oppress the masses. But I still feel a universal connection and a natural interest in spirituality that has undoubtedly lead me to Tosha Silver. Her book, Outrageous Openness (OO), has been on my radar for about a year now but I wasn't ready to complete it until now. Personal openness to the possibility of the existence of the Divine has been a ...more
Greg Hoover
Jul 24, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Just amazing. Sent to me by the right person at the right time; how I found Tosha Silver was actually my first lesson in Outrageous Openness. Read it now and put it in practice--it will make a difference in the very first day.
Susan
Jun 27, 2014 rated it it was amazing
You know that old speculation that if Jesus were alive today, he'd probably be a woman? Well, he is and his name is Tosha Silver. This time around, the professions are astrologer and author but she still teaches with parables. Silver says exactly what all the other spiritual gurus are saying in their books and blogs and seminars. Divine Love is an inside job; Forgiveness is an everyday miracle; Willingness is the roadway and Openness the GPS. It's the stories in Outrageous Openness that make the ...more
Denise
Jul 18, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: spirituality
This book is like a spiritual compass for those who are starting to test the waters of the wonders that being one with the divine can bring. Through the author’s personal experiences we get to learn some good ways to be open and receptive to let the divine into our everyday lives. The book is full of anecdotes, both serious and hilarious, but all of them convey the message of how important it is to be in sync with the divine. You don’t have to do outrageous efforts to achieve this you just need ...more
William Dale
Jan 23, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This is the book that changed my life! What an amazing book! Tosha Silver has taken the idea of letting go and letting God and made it available to the mystically inclined. She has opened up so many doors and sheds the light into new ways of thinking and being. I will definitely reread this right away!
Christina Griffin
This is the best book I read in a long time I love how Tosha simply suggests giving everything over to God. I love the affirmation that she uses and I apply to my life everyday......The perfect mate, home career, situation has already been selected its arriving in its own way in its own time I am grateful to receive it.
Jillian
One of those audio books I'm definitely going to listen to again. I'm currently enrolled in astrology courses at Kepler, so love the astro bent to this book. I think I heard about it from either The Astro Twins or Anne Ortelee (an astrologer's podcast).

The main message is go where the love is and do whatever you want. Aquarians will love it.
Laurie Popovac
there we some great chapters reminding us to have faith in the divine (or god, Allah, Buddha,etc). that everything will go just exactly as it should. only critique I have is she did use a lot astrological references that I wasn't familiar with and or understand. overall though, a good quick read!
Patrick Mcclafferty
This is a great book. Tosha is witty and funny, and her comments go straight to the heart ( chakra) .
Denise
Aug 16, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
So much fun! You have to be open minded to appreciate this one, but once you accept Silver for who she is, it's easy to grasp what she knows.
Bernadette
Aug 10, 2014 added it
Shelves: general
This boom helped me realize that living in my past was draining me. I had to let the divine order hear my dreams and breathe life into them. Great book.
Shelby Kollin
Sep 17, 2019 rated it it was amazing
"For all the fundamentalist talk that astrology is the 'work of the Devil,' the three wise men were guided during Christmas by a star, of all things."

"Sometimes I think we're drawn to the music in a given lifetime that we literally 'are', that carries our unique nature."

This book was recommended to me by a shaman and it was nothing short of amazing. It was honest, it was funny, it was short, simple and enjoyable. Tosha Silver simply is what she is and encourages others to simply be who they are.
Anne Mcarthur
Apr 01, 2018 rated it liked it
Perfect in small bits - maybe as a devotion book. Plenty to think on. I believe in the power of the Universe so the idea of Divine Order wasn't too much of a stretch for me. Where I differ with the author is with the idea that using Divine Order makes all of your dreams come true. When she went that route, I wasn't on board. However, the ideas of opening up to letting things happen and that things happen as they will resonated deeply with me and gave me a lot to think about.
Alyse Stolz
Oct 29, 2017 rated it it was amazing
All I can say is wow. I loved this book. The Divine brought this into my hands at a time when I absolutely needed it most. I was in desperate need of the reminder to be who I truly am, to love more deeply, and to accept the good and bad things as they arise. Very inspired by Tosha Silver- will 100% be reading more books!
Kerry J Rodriguez
Enlightening

What a refreshing view of spirituality! Really opens up a new path for traversing everyday life. I am excited to open up to her methods.
Claudiu
Apr 02, 2019 rated it it was ok
Shelves: nonfiction, 2019
I did not see the reason why this book had so many 5* reviews. Had a lot of repetitive patterns and messages. You kind of get the idea 25% into the book and not much changes after that.
Allysia K
Mar 11, 2017 rated it liked it
This was a weird little book.

What I liked: Tiny, 2-3 paged chapters were very digestible. All the stories were brimming with enthusiasm, positivity and zest, so reading it made me feel lighthearted. Some solid spiritual advice.

What I disliked: Let's face it - a San Fran'er who frequently writes things like "He was an Aries with Leo rising", is going to be polarizing to a lot of people. Like when I read Christian-centric books (or other books with a strong spiritual paradigm), I had to do a lot
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 next »

• The Game of Life and How to Play It
  • The Magic Path of Intuition
  • Metahuman: Unleashing Your Infinite Potential
  • Goddesses Never Age: The Secret Prescription for Radiance, Vitality, and Well-Being
  • Making Life Easy: A Simple Guide to a Divinely Inspired Life
  • Your Word is Your Wand: A Sequel to the Game of Life and How to Play It
  • Wild Mercy: Living the Fierce and Tender Wisdom of the Women Mystics
  • Spirit Hacking: Shamanic Keys to Reclaim Your Personal Power, Transform Yourself, and Light Up the World
  • The Complete Works of Florence Scovel Shinn
  • The Difference Maker: Making Your Attitude Your Greatest Asset
  • Super Attractor: Methods for Manifesting a Life beyond Your Wildest Dreams
  • The Desire Map
  • Finding Your Way in a Wild New World: Reclaim Your True Nature to Create the Life You Want
  • The Law of Divine Compensation: On Work, Money, and Miracles
  • Meditations from the Mat: Daily Reflections on the Path of Yoga
  • Pussy: A Reclamation
  • The Nature of Personal Reality: Specific, Practical Techniques for Solving Everyday Problems and Enriching the Life You Know
  • Diana, Herself: An Allegory of Awakening (The Bewilderment Chronicles #1)
“What is meant for you is always meant to find you. —Indian poet-saint Lalleshwari” 15 likes
“If you align in any moment with the flow of life as it presents itself, all will unfold in the right way at the right time with a certain spontaneity and ease.” 9 likes