Start by marking “Never Forget Me” as Want to Read:
Never Forget Me

Never Forget Me

AS WAR BLAZES ACROSS EUROPE, THREE COUPLES FIND A LOVE THAT IS POWERFUL ENOUGH TO OVERCOME ALL THE ODDS…

A KISS GOODBYE

1914

As war looms, genteel Flora yearns to be more than just an observer. She finds a revolutionary kindred spirit in soldier Geraint—but will their fragile love be crushed before it can start to bloom?

DEAREST SYLVIE

1916

Soldier Robbie cannot forget his
Published July 15th 2014 by Harlequin (first published January 1st 2014)

To ask other readers questions about Never Forget Me, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Never Forget Me

Start your review of Never Forget Me
Wendy
May 13, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Fabulous, Marguerite Kaye! Wonderful, moving, beautiful, sensual, romantic, poignant and real.

This was a complete departure for me as I rarely read books of this period, and any I have were many years ago, so I really did start them (3 stories in one book) with a completely open mind and very little knowledge of the time. I have watched documentaries and been interested, as of course this was a terrible time for our ancestors, but have never truly considered the effect these dreadful times must
Carol Cork *Young at Heart Oldie*
I have to say thank you to my dear friend, Wendy Loveridge, for recommending not only this book but also talented author Marguerite Kaye. I now look forward to reading more of her books.

The book contains three emotive and evocative love stories, each set against the backdrop of World War 1. The link to all them is the Carmichael family…Lord and Lady Carmichael, daughter Flora, sons Robbie and Alex …and their ancestral home, Glen Massan in Argyle, Scotland. The war will have far-reaching effects
Fiona Marsden
May 20, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I've been mulling over this review for days trying to figure out how to express what I want to say about this trilogy.

The first story, about Scottish aristocrat Flora Carmichael and former Welsh miner and now soldier Corporal Geraint Cassell is the first hint as to how this set of stories is going to show the way WWI changed Britain and to some extent Europe, forever.

A Kiss Goodbye

Flora is a classic Edwardian daughter of the house, marking time until her marriage to a 'suitable' person of her ow
Sarah {The Bookish Knitter}
3 Stars

This was a fun little anthology that takes place during the First World War.

The first story takes place at the beginning of the war as Flora's ancestral home is being used to train the soldiers. She was born and breed to be a lady but has decided to wants to assist in the war efforts in France. Her family doesn't like this idea, believing she isn't the kind of woman who could do that kind of work. She meets Geraint and falls in love, but is worried when he is sent to the front to fight.

T
Ali
Nov 01, 2020 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
This rating is only for the first story in the anthology. I struggled to get invested in the characters, though I think Ms. Kaye did a terrific job of setting atmosphere and tone. I’m not sure I’ll read the others yet.
Charlotte Mcfall
Jul 27, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Never Forget Me by Marguerite Kaye is a novel of three intertwining stories set during the Great War. Our first story starts in Scotland, where our heroine Flora has had her home requisitioned by the army. Geraint our hero turns up with the Army invading Flora’s home.

Flora has a big decision to make become a nurse of a VAD. Geraint needs to lay his past ghost behind him before he can move on with his future.

Dearest Sylvie a story from France during 1916, Sylvie and Robbie meet in a bar unexpecte
Connie
Nov 18, 2014 rated it it was amazing
“Never Forget Me” - Marguerite Kaye

Novella One: “A Kiss Goodbye”

Argyll Scotland, October 1914

Glen Massan House sits in a promontory overlooking Loch Massan. It has been lived in by generations of Carmichaels. The current Lord Andrew and Lady Elizabeth Carmichael live in their huge home with their daughter, Flora, age 23. Their older son, Robbie, age 25, runs a wine import business and their younger son, Alex, age 17, is at school. The family fears that soon Robbie will be signing up to fight the
Nick
Oct 21, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Recommended to Nick by: Ali
This is the first romance novel I've ever read and if they're all this good, I've been missing out. I mean, just look at that tagline: "Romance ignites as Europe burns". Hell yes, sign me up. I chose this book on the recommendation of a friend, and because I am a history buff. I figured it'd be easier to dip my toes in the romance water if I tread in familiar territory (war).

Cover: 13/10 The cover on Goodreads is not the super rad cover I've seen for other printings (?) I think. There's a cool g
Alison
May 13, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I was given an advance copy of this book in return for an honest review. My version has the UK cover with the heroine wearing a gorgeous red coat - in my head it's the characters Sheila and Luc!

I always knew that this book would be an emotive read by its very subject it has to be. Marguerite Kaye has managed to do this and to show us the horrors of war without it being a history lesson or over dwelling on the horrors - oh they are there and they are done well - but these three stories are romanc
Harlequin Books
"To celebrate the centennial of the start of WW I, Marguerite Kaye has written three linked novellas sweeping from Scotland to France and home again. Each novella is a passionate love story in its own right; each a testament that love can survive everything — even war. All the settings and dialogue are authentic, the action immediate and the characters memorable. Historical readers will enjoy this charming anthology" (RT Book Reviews). 4 stars

Such an interesting journey through WW1! I really en
Raven
My Review: 3.0 Stars

Disclaimer: I received this audiobook free of charge for an honest and unbiased review.

Never Forget Me is an omnibus. The three stories in this omnibus are A KISS GOODBYE, DEAREST SYLVIE and FOREVER WITH ME. All of these stories are based around the World War I era all the stories are connected through one of the main characters.

Marguerite Kaye has a nice writing style. All three stories were nicely written and easy to follow. I love how each story was connected in an easy to
Julie
Sep 01, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Marguerite Kaye has long established herself as a writer of great scope and talent, but she has truly outdone herself with her latest release, Never Forget Me, a collection of three novellas set during the Great War.

Never Forget Me opens in 1914 with A Kiss Goodbye, an enthralling tale of hope, healing, second chances and redemption.

Flora Carmichael’s sheltered life at Glen Massan House in Argyll, Scotland, is about to be turned on its head by the arrival of the military. The house that has been
Amanda
Jul 20, 2014 rated it it was amazing

This year marks the 100th anniversary of the WWI. Compare to the Wars in Regency Era, it was much closer to us and somehow it feel much more relatable in a way. As photography had become much more widly used at the time, the war was able to be dutifully recorded in a much more vivid and memorable level. A picture says a thousand words. And the story behind each picture certainly stretched even further.

The stories circled around the Carmichaels, a Scottish genteel family throughout the War. Flora
Deb
Sep 20, 2019 rated it liked it
As war blazes across the fields and trenches of France, men and women alike must decide how they will contribute to the Allied cause. In Scotland, one aristocratic family is forced to donate their Highland castle as a training facility for the army. In London, the older son shutters his wines importing business and joins the army, while his younger brother tries to leave school early to join up and one of the family maids becomes a VAD and leaves for Edinburgh to train. The stories of all these ...more
Andrew Cairns
Dec 25, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Lovely story

Recommended to me, it's one of those books that starts off quite slowly but then reels you in. It's three love stories in one. I really enjoyed the characters which were well drawn against the backdrop of war.
Glenn Massan was described in such a way that you wanted to be there, the authors love of Scotland shines through the pages.
Starting with Flora and her journey, moving to her brother Robbie finding love in Paris and then Floras friend, Sheila, finding love at the end of her jour
Marifernuchiz Ordaz
May 18, 2017 rated it really liked it
I know I'm going to get bashed on several different levels, but the first story seemed to me a bit of a rip-off from Sybil Crawley and Tom Branson's story in Downton Abbey.

I don't know but that is just how it felt to me.
Dottie
Jul 17, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Three unforgettable, connected stories with a WWI setting all in one book! Taken from my review at RomanceJunkies.com:

The three stories in this book revolve around the Scottish ancestral home known as Glen Massan and its residents. The laird and his wife have three children, Robbie, Flora and Alex, who are all in France, doing their part in WWI as their lives change in unexpected ways.

A KISS GOODBYE

It is 1914 and the middle sibling, Flora, yearns to be useful, to her aristocratic mother’s dismay
Toni
Mar 10, 2017 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
It was between 3-4 stars for me, but because I am not fan of wartime novels, its 3. Yes it is not my thing unfortunately, but since these wartime novels are gifted to me, I just struggle through them, so 1st part of this book went so slow, I thought I will never finish..1 star. When I got to 2nd part, it went quick, I actually loved "Dearest Sylvie" ! 5 stars for that. Such a lovely, nostalgic, sad, yet beautiful story through letters, loved it. "Forever with me" was good.
I am not sure if I wi
Hilary Mack
Jul 22, 2014 rated it really liked it
Firstly, it was wonderful to read a book that was so meticulously researched and historically accurate without being dry and without the facts getting in the way of the story. It’s not an easy feat but Marguerite Kaye is a past master at it.

There are three stories in this book; three different couples at different times and different stages of the war. Inevitably, there will be a favourite one and a not-so-favourite one amongst them. Although it means I look at them out of chronological order, I
Alaine Batty
Jul 02, 2014 rated it really liked it
I really liked this book. I was glad to read a book where it had elements of the war in the story line but that wasn't all the book was about... I was also nicely surprised by the fact that it was 3 books in 1... Which I wasn't expecting.

The first story is A Kiss Goodbye, this book is set in Scotland and is set in 1914. Here we meet Flora and Geraint. Although he isn't fond of the upper class he is attracted to Flora. They meet because the Army has requisitioned Floras family home, Flora decides
Trudy Miner
Jun 07, 2014 rated it it was amazing
It is the beginning of The Great War, The War to End All Wars or WWI, and change is coming to Glen Massan House in Scotland in a big way. In a series of three stories, author Marguerite Kaye tells the stories of members of the family from Glen Massan House in Argyll, Scotland as they deal with this life-changing war and how the way of life they knew will be gone forever.

In "A Kiss Goodbye," the Glen Massan House has been requisitioned by the army for training and hospital purposes. Corporal Gera
Michael
Jan 12, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: giveaways
Life is difficult for lovers in these sort of romances. What should be a relatively easy affair meets all kinds of complications but then we get to what makes life good for lovers in these sort of romances – they always have a happy ending.

These three stories are set during, and immediately after, the First World War. There's been an avalanche of books as (for a reason I still find it difficult to accept) some parts of Europe celebrate the hundredth anniversary of the START of the conflict.

But
Dannielle Potts
Apr 17, 2019 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2019
I Love How The Author Chose Short Stories, All Linked By The Same Family. What A Lovely Way To Stay In Touch With The Characters And Learn New Things That Were Happening, Through Each Of The Stories. I Preferred The First Two Stories Over The Third Which Reflects My Rating.
Judy
May 24, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Never Forget Me by Marguerite Kaye
As WWI enters the lives of those in Glen Massan, The Charmichael family home, love also enters. Can it survive in such conditions? Three stories of people on different sides, different opinions, and those who are just empty and waiting for the war to take their life. The author has weaved together these romances within the walls of the war to keep them romantic and yet the reader glimpses the realities of the war. The sexual encounters are often a desperation to
Liam McDonald
Jul 06, 2014 rated it it was ok
I received this book for free through Goodreads First Reads.

For the beginning of the first story in this book, I was definitely interested. I liked the characters well enough but my interest in them was completely lost after around forty pages. I found their story quite predictable which made it slightly boring. The reveal of the reason behind Geraint's odd behaviour was drawn-out and underwhelming.

I enjoyed the second story more and consider it the best of the three. A lot of it was in letter f
Clare O'Beara
I have to admire the author for writing this trio of romances as the researching and writing around the Great War must have been extremely challenging. Her story is emotional and bittersweet as the characters face the dread trenches, see all they have known turned upside down or work with an endless line of wounded men.

How hard was it for the people at the time to get on with their lives? How did they fall in love and preserve relationships when the continent was on the move and turmoil affecte
Amanda
Jul 22, 2014 rated it it was amazing

A stunning read, and as we remember the centenary of WW1 this year, absolutely spot on. Marguerite has written a trio of gems, with each one as thought provoking as the next. She captures the mood of the country in total clarity, and the uncertainty of a country thrust into conflict and change. This is the first WW1 book I have actually read and I am now hoping that M&B will have more of these books published. I particularly enjoyed the way the author touches on sensitive subjects with compassio
Tina
Aug 11, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Never Forget Me is a set of three intertwining short stories that involve finding love during 1916-1918 while the battles of World War I are taking the lives of so many people. In each story the couples are not only dealing with their lives changing so drastically and all the losses due to the war, but their own roller coaster of emotions as love comes into their lives when they feel they should not be enjoying their own happiness.

I have enjoyed all the stories that I have read by Ms. Kaye. Th
Tracy
Jul 27, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
As war blazes across Europe, three couples find love that is powerful enough to overcome all the odds...

I haven't read a Mills & Boon book since I was a teenager and must say that this book is unlike any I have read before. If it didn't have the logo on the side then I would never have thought it could possibly be one. It wasn't the usual fluffy romance and sex of a M&B, it had meat to it. I am a huge fan of historical novels and really loved the historical background to these stories. I thought
Sinopsis en Español // Synopsis in Spanish 1 1 Feb 22, 2015 12:32PM
GOOD REVIEWS: World War One Romance 1 11 May 15, 2014 05:48AM

• The Bromance Book Club (Bromance Book Club, #1)
  • Welcome to Temptation (Dempseys, #1)
  • Shakespeare on Love
  • The Jane Austen Society
  • The Movie Posters of Drew Struzan
  • A Duke, the Lady, and a Baby (Rogues and Remarkable Women, #1)
  • Romantic Times: Vegas: Book 2
  • Till the End of Time
  • Accidentally in Love
  • Boyfriend Material
  • The German Midwife
  • Butterfly in Frost
  • Marriage on Madison Avenue (Central Park Pact, #3)
  • The Chocolate Touch  (Amour et Chocolat #4)
  • Emerald Blaze (Hidden Legacy, #5)
  • Kiss of Steel (London Steampunk, #1)
  • Love Her or Lose Her (Hot & Hammered, #2)
  • Evernight (Darkest London, #5)
Marguerite Kaye is a prolific historical romance author hailing from Argyll’s West Coast. She is a voracious consumer of books, Scotland’s world-class larder, and the occasional cocktail.

Find out more on her website at www.margueritekaye.com

Join her on Facebook page at www.facebook.com/margueritekayepage

Chat with her on Twitter at www.twitter.com/margueritekaye

News & Interviews