Start by marking “Beastly Desires (The Verochka Pride #1)” as Want to Read:
Beastly Desires (The Verochka Pride #1)

Beastly Desires

(The Verochka Pride #1)

Kamali Oriade is in over her head and terrified for both herself and her son. After watching her father murdered before a significant portion of her pride was wiped out by a merciless rogue lion, she soon finds her terror transforming into cold, unerring determination to survive. Not just for herself but for the cub who means everything to her. Her son is wanted dead and s ...more
Published March 3rd 2014 by Shara Azod, LLC

To ask other readers questions about Beastly Desires, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Beastly Desires

KBeautiful1
Nov 26, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
When you get on the Nikki Winter train be prepared for nonstop action that consists of a fantastic story, filled with humor, romance, drama, great pearl clutching sex and an incredible tale.

Kamali Oriade is on the run with her son Callum. Her father Enilo Oriade pride leader was ruthlessly killed and the majority of her pride was wiped out. The murderer Nico wanted to take over, he wanted Kamali for himself and to kill her son because rightfully Callum would become King. So as a moth
Mya
Feb 09, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This was my first taste of Ms. Winters work and I was highly impressed by the strength and endearing charm of her characters. Yes there is a roaring, hot hunk of an alpha and a damsel in distress. But in between the pages of this work the Alpha has a soft, compassionate side and the damsel is fierce and possesses depth. In the story, Kamali, a lioness is on the run to protect her young son from the danger of a crazed shifter who would do him harm in his effort to claim her. She encounters Kaisal ...more
Kelly
Oct 08, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Awesome!

Laugh out loud HILARIOUS dialogue along with hot STEAMY sex is a recipe for pure AWESOMENESS!! I am not so patiently awaiting the next book in the series!
The_Book_Queen
4 1/2 STARS!

✦ Fierce lioness (single mom) who takes zero shit (Black)
✦ No, seriously, she will fuck you up, especially if you come after her son
✦ Protective but sweet food-obsessed tiger (ex-SEAL, biracial -- Russian/Indian)

✦ GREAT banter and humor
✦ Across the board -- from the couple, of course, but also so many fun interactions and arguments between the packmates

✦ Pretty damn hot, too ;) A+

✦ A fucking treat to read, I cannot wait to rea
Michelle
Jan 19, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Deadly and Funny

Kaisal and Kamali are predators clothed in flesh. He was far more deadly but lost and blooded a lot. His brother Naresh was his trusty sidekick and fellow mastermind. Basanti is their cousin and she is far more scary than either Kaisal or Kamali.

Kamali was running with her son Callum from the shifter that murdered her father and decimated her pack. He needed her to legitimize his position. He wanted to kill Callum. He must have forgotten that you do not threaten a cub. Mothe
Lorice DeBlanc-Brim
Anxiously awaiting the next book

Didn't know Ms.Winter had it in her. It was my first time reading one of her paranormal series, and I love it. I'm not giving up anything, it's best you read it.
Fatimama
Jul 26, 2017 rated it did not like it
I don't understand the high ratings as the prose is so dry and boring..
Fashionista
Ok....so Ms. Winter is hilarious! I could not stop laughing. I needed that! The sex scenes were scorching; but at times needed more intimacy IMO. ;-)
I give this one 3.5 Stars!
S
Apr 09, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Good

This book did take me a while to win me over, but towards the middle it won me over. Sometimes I felt there was a lot of relationship building and not enough urgency or worry about the threat. Eventually I realize he wasn't worried because Kaisal and his father are two of the most feared shifters in the country, thus making thier pride very feared and respected. Also Kamali was not a cowering heroine. She has a very underestimated strength.

I would also like to note that this
Tanielle
Dec 23, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: paranormal
This was better than I thought it would be. I thought Nico would come but Rave did alright so I didn’t hold that against the author. I thought for sure Kaisal was going to go back and end him, now that would’ve been a great read had he went in just like Nico did and take him down. All the sitting around and waiting was good to see their relationship change but with this being a shifter story I was already prepared for that. It would’ve been good to see him in action with all the talks about how ...more
M_C
Aug 08, 2019 rated it liked it
This started out really good but then kind of went downhill from there.

I don't like when authors use children as something to simply further a plot or create a plot. I felt that's what Callum was in this. You hardly ever see him for the majority of the book and yet, he's the main reason for Kamali running away and fighting so hard? Hmmmm. And Callum attaches himself to Kaisal waaaaaaaay to soon. Like, one conversation and then . . . done. A bond is formed. That's not how it should work with a 5
Daniel
Apr 30, 2018 rated it did not like it
Extremely. Badly. Written.

I suppose some of the "witty" dialogue (most of it just silly threats) might have looked good on paper, but is ludicrous to imagine actually coming out of the mouth of living, breathing humans/felines.
Sofia
Aug 05, 2019 rated it it was ok
Shelves: found
Violence shouldn't be so funny. It is not how any healthy family I can imagine works, but it was hilarious to read and imagen.
Book  Minx
Very reminiscent of shifter culture a la Nalini Singh, though with a distinctive voice (and no psi types lol). Lions, and tigers, and wolves oh my!
Jaycee
A truly fun and laugh-out-loud (...many, many times...) shifter story by an author who seems to have the gift for some of the wittiest banter seamlessly woven into a perfectly good storyline.

There is a deliciously Alpha-with-a-capital-PHA alpha male paired with an equally alpha female of another species, and then the fur flies...and the heat rises...then the furniture breaks...and the secondary characters shine in ways that make the reader want the next book, yesterday.

As with "What
Ana
May 26, 2015 rated it really liked it
Anna
Sep 01, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I totally loved this book. It is extremely funny, totally dysfunctional and yet brilliant in a breath of fresh air kind of way. A tried and true basic tale of Kamali fleeing a forced mating and the threatened death of her son when she meets Kaisal, a tiger who knocks her for six from the first scent. He promises her protection (seriously one of my favourite parts of the book when he lays down to Kamali why the man chasing her isn't the threat but he is) and then proceeds to show her how life sho ...more
Madhellena
Jun 12, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: paranormal, purrfect
As anyone can see from my shelves, I'm a big fan of paranormal books and especially shifters. After more than 1000 read, I can be believed when I say this one is really really good.
I loved the fact that it's a little more spiritual than most books and it was really funny with the way the cats were portrayed. I always said I enjoy it when the author manages to insert species characteristics into the story - in this case cats.
This one made me decide to look for other books by Nikki Winter a
evette w
Feb 25, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Roaring Success!!

When I first saw.The book I was a little bit leary because the few shifter stories I read were so over the top.This however was not the case with this story.From beginning to the very end you are to be caught and you going to love every minute.This is love,attraction and plain lust done so very well.The story is one that is fully developed and you can follow the story and the plot.You are also going to love all the main characters and their supporting cast.This was well done and
Wendy
Feb 01, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
My Opinion

It's very rare that I give a book 5 stars but this book was worth it. I read this at one sitting. I was funny, romantic, sad, and had action. The heroine was a remarkable woman. She found a remarkable man. I'm not going to say anything else because I just want you to read this. You won't be disappointed.
Lamonica Hart
Nov 17, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Flawless. This is an amazing story of love, strength, romance, adventure and the determination of mother protecting her child and finding a strong man willing to go to hell and back for both.
I am so looking forward to a book 2 in the future. Until then, I'll be definitely re-reading this breathtaking story.
°BeauutiLovve
Apr 27, 2014 rated it really liked it
This was a really good read, if you like breeds books, pick this one up. It drag a little pass the middle but after that it was on. A mother trying to protect her cub, alpha man trying to protect mother and cub, cub enjoy having fun, he's able to be a child and not think about being a pride leader at the age of 5yrs. This was good. Can't wait to read more from Nikki.....
Selena
Feb 15, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
so this was my first shifter book and I must say Nikki Winter did an amazing job introducing me to this type of genre. the comedy in this book chemistry in this book was truly amazing and I'm trying my best to read more of her work. the characters were all developed and could spinoff another story just from the characters that were well developed in the book. Nikki has gained another fan.
Rita
Feb 26, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I loved it. I was LMAO with this one. It was funny, sexy, and had some action. What more do you need? I loved the Heroine, she could kick butt! I would love to see a story about Naresh, Dubb, and Baz. Not really interested in Kas's Mom and Dad. I will probably skip that one. But I definitely will read something else by Ms. Winter.
Layla
Apr 06, 2015 rated it really liked it
Short but extremely funny. A fun and highly enjoyable read although ending felt a little abrupt. But I can always appreciate quickness done well. Besides the ending, I really enjoyed the fast pace of this story. Callum was just precious and the characters were all perfectly hilarious and endearing.
Benita Cleaves
Aug 15, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Great read!

This was a good read. It will make you laugh and tempt you desires. Loved the relationship between all the characters. You will fall in love with Kaisal and Kamali. I loved the strength of Kamali and the humor of Kaisal and his family. Simply refreshing!
Shaquaila
May 31, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Got Dayum It!

That was one intense read. Man was fighting from the beginning to the end for her child. She never want him to feel that nobody wanted him, like she did. Only to learn that her father loved her very much, but didn't know how to show her.
Lamonica Hart
Nov 17, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Fabulous is just the beginning of the all you can imagine love, action, adventure, and romance of such an amazing story. This is lacking in absolutely nothing. I definitely plan on re- reading this story with the anticipation of 1 day seeing a book 2 in the future.
Aubrey
Apr 23, 2014 rated it liked it
This is a 3.5 star book. Love a kick ass spine of steel female lead.
Cf
Jan 07, 2015 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Ready for the sequel!!!

• Wild, Wild Mess:Atlanta
  • On the Edge of Love (Mama's Brood, #1)
  • Leoti
  • Eris (Eternal Truths Series, Book 1)
  • Kuma (Pack Rulez, #2)
  • Love Through Pain
  • On Caristo's Watch (Italian Knights, #2)
  • The Fight Within
  • Taken By Moonlight (Moonlight, #1)
  • The Turning (Urban Vampire, #1)
  • Ivy's Twisted Vine
  • Forever Jade (Chevalier Men #4)
  • Wolf and Prejudice: 50 Loving States, Alaska (The Alaska Princesses Trilogy #2)
  • Reconstructing Jada Channing
  • Armored (The Té-trad Tale, #1)
  • Pursuing Zarah (Zarah, #1)
  • Bear Necessities
  • Scarred (Damaged Souls, #1)
When Nikki wrote her first story in the tenth grade, she knew without a doubt she was destined for greatness. Now if she could just convince everyone else...
Buckling down, she‟s taken the time to polish what she refers to as her "writing superiority." She hopes that the tales she has created grab the readers‟ attention, and make them devoted slaves to her will fans.

If you want to let her kn

The Verochka Pride (3 books)
  • Beastly Passions (The Verochka Pride #2)
  • Beastly Urges (The Verochka Pride Book 3)