Start by marking “Worth the Fall (The McKinney Brothers, #1)” as Want to Read:
Worth the Fall (The McKinney Brothers, #1)

Worth the Fall

(The McKinney Brothers #1)

4.15  ·  Rating details ·  15,629 ratings  ·  1,631 reviews
The McKinney Brothers, Book 1

They meet on a beach. . . .

Abby Davis isn’t wearing a skimpy bikini or sipping umbrella drinks, not when she’s busy chasing around four little ones. And Matt McKinney isn’t looking for fun—he’s a Navy SEAL, a grown man with a long list of missions . . . and fallen brothers.

They only have a week. . . . Abby has brought her children to this b
Published September 9th 2014 by Loveswept (first published September 7th 2014)

To ask other readers questions about Worth the Fall, please sign up.
Claudia Hi, Janet. Yes, you will definitely see more of Abby, Matt and the kids in the next book;))

Jessica's Totally Over The Top Book Obsession
5 Mount McKinney Stars

photo 10341351_zpsz6rdfedi.gif

Spoilers

"I don't know what you want," she said, her voice barely a whisper. "Time," he said softly. "Just time. I don't have a good reason, but I have three days left and I want to spend them with you."-Abby and Matt

Holy shit I loved this book!!!!!!! This book was the holy Grail find OMG. So damn good. This is my first Claudia Connor book and I'm sold. This book had it all and more. My emotions are all over the place right now. Worth The Fall made me cry, laugh, and want
Christy
Sep 25, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
4 Stars!

photo f301ff41-8eeb-4074-a121-fd320a9985b7_zpsb4224f3a.jpg

Worth the Fall is a very sweet and swoony romance. When I first read the blurb I’m thinking Navy SEAL falling in love with pregnant mother of four after spending a week together on the beach... a little far fetched, right? And maybe it’s not the most realistic storyline, but it worked. I really enjoyed this book!

When Matt first meets Abby at the beach while on vacation, he is drawn to her. Abby isn’t alone. She has her four young children right there with her. Abby wants her children to
Aestas Book Blog
Sep 12, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorites
:::: FULL REVIEW NOW POSTED :::: 4.5 STARS ::::

If you're looking for a book that'll make you SWOON, this is it!!! What a gorgeous, heartfelt story!!

The hero, Matt, is an injured Navy SEAL vacationing at a beach where he meets a single mom there with her four little kids. Something about her draws him to her, and in the space of a week, Abby and the kids become such a part of his heart that he can't imagine being without them. However, they live completely opposite lives. With his job, he spend
Mo
May 27, 2014 rated it liked it
3.5 stars.

This was a nice read. Seemed to drag a little bit in the middle.

Navy Seal falls for a mom of 4, who is pregnant with her fifth child… not sure about that. But hey, its fiction so just go with the flow.

Her kids were cute.

He liked watching her when she didn’t know. There were no games. No trying to impress him. Just beautiful and real.

Matt was trying to decide if he wanted to change careers. He felt he owed it to his “brothers in arms” to stay a Seal. But he knows that Abby would hate
UniquelyMoi ~ BlithelyBookish

5 'take a chance on loving me' stars!

I love it when my GR friends start raving about a book or an author, and their raving breaks through my hesitation at trying something or someone new. That's what happened with Worth the Fall, and this might just be the best 'new to me' author's story I've read to date! Romantic, sexy, funny, poignant, heartbreaking, and inspiring... I shed more than a few tears, sighed more than a few sighs... Start to finish I loved this story and Abby and Matt's romance!
NiCoLeTa E.
***4,5 “I’m coming back” stars***

It took only a meeting to the beach, a week left to spent together and everything changed for Matt and Abby...

Matt was in Navy SEAL and together with his cousin and two girls went for a trip to the beach...
He had lot of things in his mind... The loss of his best friend was still hurtful after two years...

He wasn't enjoying his company very much... and
♥Booklish Reviews♥
May 21, 2014 rated it did not like it
Shelves: arc, tired
Arc kindly provided in exchange for honest review
I made it to 17 percent before I started feeling mentally drained. I actually felt tired for the lead, Abby. She has 4 kids (all under 6, I think) and a baby on the way.

Abby's husband, aka father to her 4 kids and unborn child, died in a plane crash. Not that Abby cares because he wasn't a good father to begin with. (She kinda makes this known early on.)
When I saw the cover of this book, I was expecting a hot, steamy novel. The cover is a littl
Saffron
Sep 13, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
4 STARS!!!

I was really excited to read this one. This book has a sexy and caring Navy SEAL, a pregnant woman and four adorable kids. I mean, what's not to love, right? The story starts on a beach where Matt and Abby meet for the first time. Abby is a six month pregnant widow and along with her four adorable kids is spending a week long vacation on the beach. Matt is dragged to the beach by his cousin but is now getting bored out of his mind until he sees Abby one day.

Let's get our judgment go
Pam
4.5 heart melting stars

Abby is the "Mom" who doesn't need anyone but her kids. Stubborn and completely in control, Abby is convinced she is as happy as she can be; widowed with four kids and one on the way. She has all that matters, her kids who can never leave her and will always love her no matter what. Stupid to think that is what one would expect from your spouse, but in Abby's case she was wrong and by the time she figured it out it was too late.

One week to give the kids a beach vacation t
Claudia
Feb 16, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: books-written
WANT MORE MATT AND ABBY?? <3 Did you know I'm writing short stories featuring Matt, Abby, and the kids?? And they're FREE in my newsletter each month! I'm so excited about these and I LOVE being with Matt and Abby again! So far I've written Worth The Fall~The Lost Epilogue and Matt and Abby's First Valentine's Day! <3 You can sign up here... http://claudiaconnor.com/news/ #romance #worththefall #valentines #RomanceWeek #FREE BONUS Stories!

xoxo

Claudia
♥Rachel♥
Aug 22, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
4.5 Stars

When I read that Worth the Fall was a romance between a Navy SEAL and a pregnant mother of four, I was like…What?!! How can that possibly work or be believable? Well it more than worked because this story MELTED my heart! Just sooo lovely!

Matt McKinney is spending some time at the beach while on leave when Abby, captures his attention. She’s beautiful, pregnant and alone with four small kids, and the way she cares for her children draws Matt in like a beacon. He wonders what kind of idi
Jennifer Kyle

3.5 Stars

”One kiss would never be enough. Neither would one night, or one week.”

description

This was a very sweet story about a pregnant mom of four finding love on vacation with a hot Navy Seal. All the scenes with the children were adorable and the two main characters and their alternating povs were likable but it was boring and drawn out.

The writing was definitely 4 stars worthy but I found myself a bit bored with the lack of drama or excitement and then the author added drama in the last percentage
KAS
Dec 26, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Military. Heroes. Are. My. Weakness.

Oh, the sweet romance of this story nearly gave me goosebumps! Matt is this larger than life, incredible hunk of a man, who completely falls in love with a woman who does not know what to make of him or his devotion to her.

Unfortunately for their budding relationship, his sworn duties lie with serving his country which take him to parts unknown, for lengths of time unknown, and into extremely dangerous situations which test their commitment to each other.

"S
Lisa Kay

★★★★ I loved every delicious word. If life had permitted, I would have read it straight though. As it was, I couldn’t wait to get back to it, pushing other books on my list aside. I admit, I picked it up to just see if the author could pull it off. She did, with flying colors.

If you don’t like children in Romance, then this isn’t the book for you. However, the hero’s interactions with the kids are perfection. Matt McKinney is drool-worthy from the very first moment he appears on the page.

This b
Dino-Jess ✮ The Book Eating Dinosaur ✮
This book made me feel ALL THE THINGS.

A lady with four kids from a loveless marriage, a dead husband and another baby on the way that said husband never even knew about? Plus a Navy SEAL who has always wanted a family of his own but promised his fallen comrade he would never quit the team to settle down and have a life? Sign me up to that shit.

This was excellent. I loved every heartbreaking, butterfly giving, gut wrenching, drama filled part of it. Please note - I think my drama-llama allergy i
Catarina
4 Worthy Stars.

Abby and Matt met in the beach while vacationing. Matt is stuck in a trip that he isn’t appreciating at all. Abby is vacationing for the first time since her husband died with her 4 kinds. (Five, if you count the one she’s pregnant with.)
They immediately connect and know that feelings are starting to grow between them, but Abby is scared. She is used to people leaving her.

description

Matt is also on a dilemma. These new woman who make him feel things he never felt before or his job as a SE
Beverly
4 Super Sweet Stars

Abby has four children and one on the way, widowed six months ago when her spouse was killed in a plane crash. Matt is a Navy Seal on leave for a week.

This is a very unlikely pairing, but there was just something about it I loved.

Abby has issues with trust and abandonment. She was orphaned at the age of 5, and spent her childhood going from one foster home to the next. Despite her husband dying only six months ago, he actually left her physically and emotionally years before
KatLynne
4.5 Hero worship stars!

Claudia Connor grabbed my attention with an utterly sexy, drool-worthy hero that matched perfectly with this delicious book cover.

Navy Seal extraordinaire, Matt McKinney finds himself falling in love with a pregnant widow along with her charming four children. However, the lovely Abby Davis has a painful past, leaving her broken and dealing with major trust issues. Their journey is a beautiful, poignant love story filled with sensual chemistry, heartfelt emotion, along wi
Arabella ~♡AB♡~

Matt is a Navy SEAL (Love them!), just chilling on the beach with his cousin and some of his cousins hoochies when he stumbles across a little boy called Jack. Bored of his present company he plays ball with the confident 5 year old and thus gets to meet his mum, Abby.

Abby is pregnant with her fifth child, she is a widow and wants to give her kids a holiday they will remember. When she meets gorgeous sexy Matt, she can't quite work out why he wants to spend time with her or her brood, she's neve
Jeanne
Sep 18, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to Jeanne by: Saffron

4.5 stars for the book, 5 stars for Mr. Take Charge,

I have to admit, I was really swooning over this one...

Matthew was hanging out on the beach when he gets hit in the back with a football by a little boy and ends up playing catch with him. He only briefly meets his mom Abby, and sees that she is pregnant and has three other kids. His protective instincts take over because he knows she is alone, and he can't help but keep an eye out for them. Matthew comes from a big family with tons of nieces
вιвℓισρнιℓια {кιηgѕℓєу & ѕøяєη ƒσяєνєя}
description....

I'm at a loss for words. Only that this was a wonderful romance, honest and real, beautifully, beautifully written. So different and refreshing, just phenomenal, I ABSOLUTELY LOVED IT!!

*ARC kindly provided by NetGalley in exchange for an honest review*

Sleepless Readmore
5 BE STILL MY HEART STARS .. WORTH THE READ!

Abby and Matt .. and Annie, Jack, Gracie, Charlie .. ♥

"..Her name is Abby.
She's sweet and smart and funny.
Jack is five and can't catch a football to save his life,
but we're working on it.
Gracie's three. She's got curls and dimples
and can talk me into just about anything.
Charlie is two and stings to me like a tick.
Annie's almost seven and most of the time I'm not sure she likes me.

SERIOUSLY? WHY OH WHY did I not read this sooner?! BEYOND ME. A
Karla

3.5 Stars! Not perfect, but still worth the read!

I was so taken with the first half of this book, it was incredibly sweet, charming, hopeful and filled with possibilities. The children were priceless, as was their interactions and connection with Matt. It actually took my breath away!

However, I had to wonder why Abby would have 4 kids, and one on the way, with a man she claimed ignored his family, and supposedly her too. I honestly thought there would be a more plausible explanation for everyt
Kate's Corner
”The importance of a lost romantic vision should not be underestimated. In such a vision is power as well as joy. In it is meaning. Life is flat, barren, zestless, if one can find one's lost vision nowhere.” – Sarah Patton Boyle –

It’s amazing what you do for your family even if that means going on holiday with your cousin as his wingman because he thinks he met the one woman. Bummer is that you have to put up with the tag along friend who doesn’t like the word no. Matt McKinney is in exactly th
Lyndy Ann ♫
*****5 Princess stars*****

I gave Worth the Fall a try after reading NiCoLeTa’s wonderful review got my interest peaked, another new author for me and I WILL definitely be reading the rest of The McKinney Brothers series SOON and Claudia Connor future work.

I loved the writing style, the pace of the story everything moves at a nice steady pace, it wasn’t too steamy compared to my other reads but it worked just enough to get me hot, all the beautiful locations I was on that beach with them, I loved
Victoria

Just finished Worth the Fall... Not sure what else you can ask for in a classic contemporary romance story! Solid writing, a heartwarming story, and great dynamics between all the characters had me loving this story from start to finish! Everything about this book was just so well done, no gimmicks, no craziness, just solid romance thru and thru. Loved it! FIVE "CLASSIC" STARS! One of my TOP TEN books for 2014!!!

Thanks to Netgalley and the publisher for a copy of this book in exchange for a hone
CC
Mar 06, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition

Wow - what a sweet book. I have not read a book with such cute kids! Plus the interactions between the hero and the kids was probably the best part of the book.

Really in depth, awesome reviews have already been written about this book so I am going to keep my comments personal.

You must totally suspend reality to read this book. But I LOVE to do that when I read. Therefore I was happy with the almost too cute and perfect kids, the single mother who seems like the perfect mother and the
Carole (Carole's Random Life in Books)
This review can also be found at Carole's Random Life in Books.

I really enjoyed this book! I read the other 2 books in this series when they were released and decided that it was finally time to go back and read the first book. I am always looking for something a little different to read and this one definitely met that definition. I honestly cannot remember the last time I read a romance where the heroine is pregnant with 4 kids. This book not only worked, it worked well. I was really hooked by
Mallory
5+++ stars

I fell in love with this book. Matt and Abby's story was simply beautiful. There were laughs and tears and so many feels that I could hardly contain myself. This is the book I've been waiting for.
Jacqueline's Reads
Sep 19, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: arc, 4-star-books
4.5 Oh Mama Stars

I was drawn by one thing, the mom. Abby is pregnant and has four kids! Crazy right? She goes on vacation six months after her husband dies and tries to continue with life on her own. It’s not an easy life, but Abby accepts it.

In between deployment, Matt goes on vacation to rest and relax. He notices a beautiful pregnant women struggling with four kids and is nothing, but intrigued. He sees her struggle and tries to help, but Abby doesn’t want nor need anyone’s help.

Review

It’s
Melody Cox
I have read this book twelve times thus far and I have loved every second I have spent on this feast for heart!

This is one of the best books I have ever read with a hero that is to die for. He is the most loving, amazing man I have ever had the pleasure to read about but with his alpha side, as well, being a Navy SEAL. The man just has it all!!

This is book one in 'The McKinney Brothers' series and is the story of Matt McKinney, gorgeous, loving Navy SEAL, and Abby Davis, a pregnant widow and soo
Claire Robinson
4 - "Do you feel wucky?" Stars!

I absolutely adored this book; I will be honest and say that I didn’t have massively high expectations from it at the start, and I couldn’t have been more wrong. Worth The Fall pulled me in from its first chapter and I fell in love with the characters, and their lives in general.

Adding children to a story can on occasion be a bit hit and miss, as their involvement can sometimes take it over, and seeing as there are 4 in this case (with another one on the way) it w
AJ
“Hear me. I love you, and nothing and no one could keep me from you.”

I absolutely loved this sweet and beautiful romance. It’s an amazing ‘against-the-odds’ love story with lots of heart, a dreamy hero, a fantastic heroine and four incredible kids. Prepare for the feels!!!

5 stars

Matt and Abby meet on the beach where they are both vacationing. Matt is a Navy Seal on leave, and Abby is a widowed mother of four young children, and is pregnant with her fifth. From their very first encounter they sha
Orange.Is.Happiness
This is addressed to anyone who had an issue with Abby continuing to have kids when she was in a lonely/unhappy marriage, because I can see how that may be hard for some people to understand.

I was not raised in foster care but I was raised by a man whose approval I always craved but never got.

He was always quick to assume the worst of me and he NEVER stuck up for me or sided with me. He was my harshest critic and rarely gave me praise. And I somehow ended up marrying a man just. like. him.

Not
Jonetta
Dec 03, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
If you're looking for a feel good story, this is it!

Quick summary
Navy SEAL Matt McKinney is on medical leave and ends up at a North Carolina beach with his cousin. He encounters 5-year old Jack trying to throw a ball, which leads him to his 6-month pregnant mother, Abby Davis, and three other siblings. The oldest is six-years old, the youngest is two. At first, it's a fun diversion but it doesn't take long before Matt is seriously drawn to Abby.

A bit of background
Abby's a widow, her husband hav
Corina☞BookTwinsReviews
Worth the Fall has been one of my absolute favorite books ever since I read it the first time 3 years ago. EVERYTHING in this book worked for me.

It was one of the MOST romantic books I ever read.
And yes, you heard me right - R O M A N T I C!!!!

From the very beginning this story touched my heart, made me smile so hard, and sigh and swoon with every page. I NEVER read a book that was as swoony, tender and loving as Worth the Fall. The author set the bar high - incredibly high if you ask me, becau
Erika
Wow. Did this book make me cry like crazy!! My eyes are all puffy and bloodshot now, thanks too Claudia Connor. Anyway....on to my review...

Basically, I loved this book. I usually don't like reading books with angst and tears, but that is because typically, those stories involve the hero hurting the heroine (purposefully) in some way. In this book, that was't the case. The tears and angst were because Abby, the heroine, had such a terrible, heartbreaking childhood and past, and that made some of
Emily
Before widower Abby Davis has her fifth child, she decides to take her children on a week long vacation to the beach. She surrounds them with love and attention, something Abby has never experienced growing up or in her marriage.

Navy SEAL Matt McKinney should have been enjoying his one week off, but instead he can't wait for it to be over. That is until a munchkin of a boy beams him with a football and he meets his mother. Matt knows he shouldn't be attracted to the beautiful widower, but someth
Barbara➰
I loved this book. It was sweet, sexy, beautiful, sad and heartbreaking all at the same time. I'm not usually a fan of slow burn romances, but this definitely worked for me and I loved it.

Matt, what can I say about Matt..he was pretty damn near perfect. I absolutely love kids in romance, especially when they belong to the heroine and the hero steps in to fill the role of dad. Matt took to the kids immediately. Who doesn't love a hot guy with kids? He was exactly what they all needed. Near the e
Ezinwanyi
4.5 stars.

I am a sucker for books with single parents who are struggling but yet making their children their top priority. Abby Davis was one of those heroines who loved her four little children even though it was a challenge for her.
On a family vacation, one of the kids kicked a ball far, where military man Matt McKinney kindly retrieved the ball. This began a journey which would end up with a bond of friendship, affection and finally trust.

It was angsty, it was sweet, it was endearing and it
Dee Montoya
Oct 02, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: arc, netgalley, br
****4.5 Don't Leave Me Stars****

(Arc Kindly provided by Netgalley)
(BR with Mel)

The originality of the plot in this book is what's made me fall in love with this beautiful love story, about finding love when you least expect it or even when life has convinced you that you don't deserve it.

Abby is a widow, she has four beautiful kids and is pregnant expecting another. Her marriage wasn't the best one but after being left by everyone in her life, she's never expected anything good from love. While
Elizabeth
Sep 23, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Worth the Fall is the first book in The McKinney Brothers Series by Claudia Connor. After reading some amazing reviews, I was excited to dig in to this story!

description

We have our heroine. Abby is your typical damaged sweetheart. She has been through a lot. (view spoiler) Abby is
Syndi
Oct 26, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Oh this book is beautiful. Low angst but tons and tons of sweetness. Especially matt. Oh how now i drool for a hero who comes and swept me off my feet just like matt. It is very very amazing how matt loves abby uncondionaly. Including all of her children. He is just my true hero.

And abby... i dont know how she can take care 4 children, 1 more impending birth and she can be self centered. She is perfect mother.

The story itself is very simple and sweet. Matt met abby during a short vacation on t
BookLover
This was a great story!!! The hero, Matt, made me sigh contentedly the whole time I was reading. He took a broken family and made them whole again. Such a fantastic hero!!
April
 photo Worththefalljpg_zps4e2df778.jpg

A decade of foster homes and false promises left marks as sure as the victim of a violent crime had scars.

Abby Davis is a single mother to 4 children with one on the way. Six months after the loss of her husband (which we come to find out that he was a complete A-HOLE), Abby has accepted the path of where life is taking her.

Just like her childhood, those she loved broke their promises by completely discarding her.

My heart broke for Abby, I mean, all she wanted was to matter, to be loved, but
  • Hold on Tight (Returning Home, #1)
  • It's Always Been You (Always, #1)
  • A Long Time Coming (Perfect Timing #2)
  • The Vixen and the Vet (A Modern Fairytale)
  • The Sexiest Man Alive (Life and Love on the Lam, #4)
  • All of Me (All of Me, #1)
  • Embattled Minds (Lost and Found, #2)
  • Undesired Lust (Reckless Beat, #3)
  • Razing Kayne (Walking a Thin Blue Line, #1)
  • Striking Distance (I-Team, #6)
  • Prima Donna (Friends First, #2)
  • Room for More (Cranberry Inn, #2)
  • Crazy Good (Crazy Good, #1)
  • Her Temporary Hero (Once a Marine, #2)
  • Hard Time
  • Restoring Hope
  • No Apologies
  • Sustained (The Legal Briefs, #2)
Claudia Connor is the author of the New York Times and USA Today bestselling series, The McKinney Brothers.

Claudia writes, warm, heartfelt contemporary romances with a bit of steam, a lot of family and always a happily ever after. Claudia attended Auburn University, where she received her undergraduate and masters degrees in early childhood education, and completed her studies in Sawbridgeworth,

The McKinney Brothers (4 books)
  • Worth the Risk (The McKinney Brothers, #2)
  • Worth It All (The McKinney Brothers, #3)
  • Worth the Wait (McKinney/Walker, #1)
“He knew without a doubt, he was holding his heart and soul in his arms. And he never wanted to let her go.” 18 likes
“I don’t want to hurt you, baby, I swear, but please don’t ask me to let you go. Give us a chance. Give me a chance.” 15 likes