Start by marking “I'll Meet You There” as Want to Read:
I'll Meet You There

I'll Meet You There

4.06  ·  Rating details ·  12,632 Ratings  ·  2,114 Reviews
If Skylar Evans were a typical Creek View girl, her future would involve a double-wide trailer, a baby on her hip, and the graveyard shift at Taco Bell. But after graduation, the only thing separating Skylar from art school is three months of summer…until Skylar’s mother loses her job, and Skylar realizes her dreams may be slipping out of reach.

Josh had a different escape
Published February 3rd 2015 by Henry Holt and Co. (BYR)

To ask other readers questions about I'll Meet You There, please sign up.
Nicole Weaving Definitely a lot of the book revolves around the hotel, considering that is where Sky and Josh first met and where she continues to work throughout…moreDefinitely a lot of the book revolves around the hotel, considering that is where Sky and Josh first met and where she continues to work throughout the novel. However, the reader is able to explore more of Creek View: spending time at the Creek, in Sky's trailer, and in the defining parts of the town.(less)
Winter by Marissa MeyerRed Queen by Victoria AveyardThe Heir by Kiera CassFairest by Marissa MeyerEnd of Days by Susan Ee
YA Novels of 2015
1,469 books — 8,817 voters
P.S. I Still Love You by Jenny HanThe Fill-In Boyfriend by Kasie WestAll the Bright Places by Jennifer NivenSaint Anything by Sarah DessenMy Heart and Other Black Holes by Jasmine Warga
2015 Contemporary YA
255 books — 1,345 voters

More lists with this book...

Sasha Alsberg
Jun 09, 2016 rated it it was amazing
PLEASE SOMEONE TELL ME THERE IS A SECOND BOOK. This one was so good but I want moreeeee! Like I want to know what Josh's future holds!! I WANT MORE!
Emily May
Sep 18, 2015 rated it really liked it
It gave me hope: if you could make a beautiful piece of art from discarded newspapers and old matchbooks, then it meant that everything had potential. And maybe people were like collages - no matter how broken or useless we felt, we were an essential part of the whole. We mattered.

This book is wonderful in many ways. My only "criticism" (more of an observation, maybe?) is that I honestly don't think it needed to develop into a romance. I loved the characters and their stories. I thought both S
Lola
3 1/2 stars.

It gave me hope: if you could make a beautiful piece of art from discarded newspapers and old matchbooks, then it meant that everything had potential. And maybe people were like collages—no matter how broken or useless we felt, we were an essential part of the whole. We mattered.

How I love this quote…

Unlike what I first thought, this wasn’t the kind of read that will take you boxes and boxes of Kleenex to get through. But then again, I didn’t cry while reading The Fault in Our Star
Aimee ♥ | Aimee, Always
Warning: Prepare yourself for much incoherency and babbling.

Book hangover (n.): When you've finished a book and you suddenly return to the real world, but the real world feels incomplete or surreal because you're still living in the world of the book. -- iciclethe828, Urban Dictionary

So, now y'all know how I'm feeling. WHO BROUGHT BACK REALITY? GIVE ME BACK MY SKYLAR AND JOSH No, I'm not fine. A warm hug or fifty would make me feel much better, though.

This book just brought out all of the feelin
Jeanne
Feb 22, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Recommended to Jeanne by: M. ~ B&B
5 ++ stars

"How's the Sky today?"

"He tasted like hope and healing. He tasted like the future."

One of the many things I love about goodreads is having friends who understand how exciting it is to find that special, meaningful, add to all your favorite lists kind of book. It doesn't happen very often, but when it does, ahhh, I love it! I love books that make me feel a range of emotion, because those are the ones I will remember and come back to. This book is so good, it's one of those you can't st
Kassidy
Mar 13, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Wow, blown away! I can't stop thinking about this story and these characters. So amazing
emma
Jan 11, 2017 rated it did not like it
This book was...a lot.

For some reason, I really don't want to review it at all. I thought I was going to do a mini-review, so I didn't take notes or write down quotes for this or anything. But now, seeing that my Goodreads friends' average rating of this book is 4.15, I feel I need to elaborate.

So bear with me.

The #1 thing that prevented me from giving this book a higher rating? It's an absolute love letter to the (oft-mentioned in my negative reviews) you're not like other girls trope. I mean,
Kelly (and the Book Boar)
Jan 17, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: read-in-2015, arcs
Find all of my reviews at: http://52bookminimum.blogspot.com/

Commercial Photography

Seriously. I just gave a romance novel all 5 Stars. I think that’s a first. I need a second to recover.

Commercial Photography

Now before anyone gets all up-in-arms, please note that I rate books for their specific genre and don’t attempt to compare apples to orangutans. And this little apple? Well, it was bright and shiny and without a flaw when it comes to my idea of a nice romantic story.

Commercial Photography

Skylar Evans has had one goal her entire life – to get out of her
Svetlana
Nov 18, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: young-adult
I'm trying to be good and reading the books that have been sitting on my shelf since forever rather than buying new ones and going broke - because that's actually something I do a lot sigh; and my sister doesn't let me hear the end of it. I'll Meet You There was one of those books. To be honest, it didn't blow me away like I had hoped; it was however, an enjoyable, quick read. I think I got attached towards the end because I started missing the characters when I finished the book lol.
Alienor ✘ French Frowner ✘

Actual rating : 4.5 stars, but rounded up at 5 because the aknowledgments themselves gave me feels, and it hadn't happened since - oh,wait. It never happened before.

Thanks Heather Demetrios for flawed characters whose mistakes feel so real that I can't even hold a grudge. Really. Thank you. I'll Meet You There belongs to the kind of books which remind me that there's a difference between clichés and stereotypes, and let me tell you, I don't give a damn how many clichés a story can contain when
l a i n e y
*note* this review will be misleading and, at times, confusing so proceed with caution, I guess..?

This book was so primitive. So uncivilized. No manners at all.

How so? Picture a cartoon caveman dragging me by the hair all the way to his cave, THAT was exactly this book to me. Wouldn't let go and I couldn't stop reading ( - just wanted to read a bit in the morning, next thing I knew, it was almost 1.30 in the afternoon. What!?)

Great chemistry between the leads which is a great surprise for me, w
Angela
Mar 20, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 5-star-favorites
"It gave me hope: if you could make a beautiful piece of art from discarded newspapers and old matchbooks, then it meant that everything had potential. And maybe people were like collages- no matter how broken or useless we felt, we were an essential part of the whole. We mattered."

If you follow any of my reviews then you know that I am both picky and hard review wise on contemporary novels. I don't usually enjoy them, but when I'm in the mood for them I'm very choosey about what I select. I'v
Lucia
Jan 12, 2015 rated it it was amazing

This book. I read it in one sitting and it immediately became my new favorite. I'll Meet You There is one powerful, touching, emotional, heart-breaking, spirit-lifting, goose bumps-giving story with natural characters and slow burn romance that gave me butterflies. It deals with some harsh topics, but I loved loved loved every single word of this book! Josh and Skylar will always stay dear to my heart.

"I had to tell him we were like a collage. Pieces that could be put back together in a new way
Brandi
Mar 28, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to Brandi by: Jeanne

4.5 Stars

description

This story has such an authentic feel - the situations, feelings, disappointments, fears, and emotions - with each turn of the page I found myself steadily consumed by these characters and their story.

“...if you could make a beautiful piece of art from discarded newspapers and old matchbooks, then it meant that everything had potential. And maybe people were like collages-no matter how broken or useless we felt, we were an essential part of the whole. We mattered.”

Growing up in an is
Chelsea ❤Peril Please❤

Why is it that some people in the world get to wake up in beautiful houses with fairly normal parents and enough food in the fridge while the rest of us have to get by on the scraps the universe throws at us? And we gobble them up, so grateful. What the hell are grateful for?

Beautiful, profound, thought-provoking. More than anything I wanted to read something that erased the filth from my prior book. I really didn’t know what I was going to read, which rarely happens to me, but I was determine
Ana
Jul 19, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Happiness is re-reading your favorite YA novels.

Yes, I like YA. Don't judge me!

photo tumblr_n3zw63jj9k1st18yzo1_400_zpsnktriyus.gif

Samantha
Apr 21, 2017 rated it it was ok
2.5 stars. The good and the bad about this book even out. The good was how compulsively readable it was (I don't remember the last book I read in one day) and the ANGST. The bad were the character inconsistencies and the "love is a cure for mental illness" thread that was woven through here. Fans of contemporary will probably really love it, and it's one of the better YA contemporaries I've read recently, but it still had a lot of flaws.
Arianna✦❋SteamyReadsBlog❋✦
3.75-4 Stars!!

description

“I’ll Meet You There” is a beautiful, touching, wonderfully written story with many interesting themes such as love, life, friendship, grief and also some harsh topics. It’s a book that will make you feel and think, with two endearing main characters that for sure will make you root for them and a great love story.

Skyler just graduated and all she wants is to escape from her small town, Creek View, California. She wants more, she wants to experience new things, to meet new people,
Laurence R.
Jan 12, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Oh, how I've been dying to read this book. AND RIGHTLY SO!

Really, I loved this book. It's the kind that I will have to reread at some point, because I adored it. It made me cry (sob, wail, tear up, name it) and I was a wreck, simply because of how sad the story is. I must admit I wasn't expecting this, since I just wanted another adorable love story to distract me from school, and while it was exactly that, it was also so, so, so much more. It touches subjects I don't usually read about, which i
Alex Farrand
Sep 13, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2017-reads, ya
I'll Meet You There is about a young girl named Skylar who is trying to get out of her small town, Creek View. Skylar has big dreams, but multiple problems arise that could leave her stranded in her trailer park. Josh Mitchell, a marine, returns home from Afghanistan after a serious injury that leaves him one legged. With a mutual bond these two young adults become friends to help one another, and maybe more.

Let me start by saying I was afraid to read this novel. I was worried about the inacc
Danielle (Love at First Page)
I'll Meet You There by Heather Demetrios is a triumph. An inspiring, heartbreaking, uplifting, incredible triumph of the human soul and its capacity for perseverance and for love. I had little doubt I would connect to it, considering I gave her debut Something Real a rare 5 stars, but the absolute perfection of it still takes my breath away. No, it's not an easy book to swallow, and at times it's gut-wrenching, yet it's one of the most hopeful I've ever read. Reminds me of The Sea of Tranquility ...more
Kathe L
"Up there, I could see how Creek View had finally taken its proper place within the geography of us. It wasn't quicksand or an insurmountable mountain, and it wasn't Afghanistan, with its poppy fields and bombs. It was just a place - a part of me, a part of Josh, yes, but not big enough to define us. Not small enough to forget about. Together, it would be easy to map out new territory. A little bit closer to the stars, anything seemed possible."

You know those books you finish and you realize you
Debra
Sep 25, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorite-books

I Highly recommend this book.

I picked up this book after reading the review of a friend. I have to say her Review was spot on.

Some books are just fun and light, some stay with us after we read them, some terrify us, some touch us, some we can relate to, some take us to far away places and some contain magic.This book, although not magical in nature, transported me from Los Angeles to a small town in California. I felt I was living there with them. This book - well I could relate to some of it.
Jennifer Kyle
Mar 31, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
3.75 Stars

* REVIEW CONTAINS SPOILERS*

description

”With Josh, it felt inevitable. Only a matter of time.

This a well written slow building story of a young war vet and a girl who is hell bent on getting out her small town of Creek View, California. Skylar has just graduated but sadly her mother takes this opportunity to fall apart while Josh Mitchell returns from the military and the two keep gravitating towards one another.

”I’d become tidal, the current of my want pushing me toward him, pulling me away
Matthew
Nov 27, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: gr_awards_2016, 2016
3.5 to 4

A simple story but enjoyable. Lots of emotion, introspection, and growing up. At times I found myself talking back to the book, urging characters to take certain actions, etc. Anytime I am invested enough to talk to a book it is a sign that it is probably good.

This book will have extra interest for those from military families. There is a lot in here about how war affects and changes people. Based on the afterward, it sounds like this is something the author has taken very seriously.

It i
[~Ami~]♥Sexy Dexy♥
4 stars

photo C4B07B93-217C-49BD-9795-04E6329E9C28_zpsqx5mgkwv.jpg

This book. It felt so real: the characters, the setting, their situations, the slow build romance. It gave me the flutters, the grins, the swoons. Some quotes were epic 5 star moments.

Of course there is a huge BUT! Let's just say some characters had their flaws which I just couldn't overlook. Overall a great read if you are looking for realistic YA. Also I think this is the type of book when I think an epilogue would have ruined it.

Jaime Arkin
You all know how hard it is to write a meaningful review for a book that you absolutely loved right? Well, that’s the boat I find myself in with this one.

I was late to the Heather Demetrios party with Something Real … and I was positive after reading it that I would never be late to her amazing words again, and when I had the opportunity to grab this one I did so immediately and I’m pretty sure this is going to be among my top reads of the year.

Skylar Evans lives in a dead end of a town, and sh
Rachel  (APCB Reviews)
Initial Review: Darn that was good. Like really good. Like I want to read it again. Like what is life. Review to be posted when (if) I come down from this state of bliss.

Read the full review @ A Perfection Called Books

Why do I judge books before I read them? It kills me that I do this. I need to stop. Starting this book was done begrudgingly as it's a contemporary with a somewhat "rough" aspect to it. I thought this book would be dreadfully sad and in your face about the tragic stuff. I was woef
Melanie
WOW. This book was one heluva ride. It had me laughing and sniffling... I was basically just a huge mess reading this book. I read this book in one sitting because it's one of those books that you just don't wanna stop reading until the very last page. I read Demetrios' Something Real about a year ago, and while I really enjoyed that one, I loved this one more in every aspect. Honest characters, super atmospheric and touching, I know this is a story I won't be forgetting in a long time.
Jeannine Allison
** PAPERBACK SALE - Less than $5 😱 - Buy HERE **

description

This is not for the faint of heart. It's not a feel-good romance with warm fuzzies and rainbows. No, it's real and it's painful. But it's also completely beautiful and I loved every single minute of it. The writing was breathtaking <3 <3

I don't know what I was expecting, but it wasn't this. YA is always a toss up for me because while I really enjoy it--I am also incredibly picky with this genre. I love reading about that messy time period in
Read-along: Romance | I'll Meet You There 23 33 Sep 07, 2016 09:20AM
YA Buddy Readers'...: I'll Meet You There By Heather Demetrios - Starting May 2nd 2016 17 10 May 04, 2016 04:06AM
The Ishpeming Tee...: April 2016 1 4 Apr 15, 2016 10:35AM
FYA Book Club of ...: Nov/Dec 2015 Meeting Notes 1 7 Jan 03, 2016 04:24PM
  • The Start of Me and You (The Start of Me and You, #1)
  • Play On (Lewis Creek, #1)
  • The Summer of Chasing Mermaids
  • Just Visiting
  • Not After Everything
  • Jesse's Girl (Hundred Oaks)
  • Kissing Ted Callahan (and Other Guys)
  • Rites of Passage
  • First & Then
  • Devoted
  • I'll Be Yours
  • The Lies About Truth
When Heather Demetrios isn’t traipsing around the world or spending time in imaginary places, she lives with her husband in New York City. Heather has an MFA in Writing for Children and Young Adults from Vermont College of Fine Arts and is a recipient of the PEN New England Susan P. Bloom Discovery Award for her debut novel, Something Real. Her critically acclaimed novels include I’ll Meet You The ...more
More about Heather Demetrios

Young Adult Deals

• Bright Smoke, Cold Fire (Bright Smoke, Cold Fire, #1)
  • The Gold-Son
  • How to Say I Love You Out Loud
  • The Lost Girls of Camp Forevermore
    $11.99 $2.99
  • Scat
  • Chomp
    $6.99 $1.99
  • Nyxia (The Nyxia Triad, #1)
  • I See London, I See France
    $9.99 $1.99
  • The Fifth of March: A Story of the Boston Massacre (Great Episodes)
    $8.99 $2.99
  • Starfish
  • Olive's Ocean
    $6.99 $1.99
  • Rebel Wing (Rebel Wing #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Snow Like Ashes (Snow Like Ashes, #1)
  • Little Monsters
  • The Thickety: A Path Begins
    $6.24 $1.99
  • Lost Voices
    $5.99 $2.99
  • This Savage Song (Monsters of Verity, #1)
    $9.99 $1.99
  • 13 Little Blue Envelopes (Little Blue Envelope, #1)
    $5.99 $1.99
  • Isle of Blood and Stone
  • Train I Ride
    $6.99 $1.99
  • Haven (War of the Princes, #1)
  • The Mysterious Benedict Society
    $7.99 $2.99
  • The Immortal Circus (Cirque des Immortels, #1)
  • Greyhound
  • Annie on My Mind
    $9.99 $1.20
  • Secret of the Sirens (The Companions Quartet, #1)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Beautiful Darkness (Caster Chronicles, #2)
    $9.99 $2.99
  • Now I Rise (The Conqueror's Saga #2)
  • Into the Dim
    $9.99 $2.99
  • Curse (Blur Trilogy #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Fury (Blur Trilogy #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Crash (Crash, #1)
    $4.24 $1.99
  • Blur  (Blur Trilogy #1)
  • Taken (Taken, #1)
  • Ungifted
  • Julie of the Wolves
  • Storm (Elemental, #1)
    $6.99 $1.99
  • Dreamfall (Dreamfall #1)
    $8.99 $1.99
  • Things We Know by Heart
    $9.99 $1.99
  • Imitation (Clone Chronicles #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Space Between Heartbeats (Betwixt #1)
  • The Secret of a Heart Note
  • Genesis
    $11.99 $1.99
  • Old Yeller
    $6.99 $1.99
  • After the Game (The Field Party, #3)
    $10.99 $1.99
  • And I Darken (The Conqueror's Saga, #1)
    $8.99 $1.99
  • Ticker
  • How To Keep Rolling After a Fall
  • No Love Allowed
    $7.09 $2.99
  • The Concealed (Lakewood, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
“And maybe some people are like collages - no matter how broken or useless we felt, we were an essential part of the whole. We mattered.” 107 likes
“If you could be anywhere in the world right now, where would you be?” I opened my mouth to say San Francisco or maybe Madrid—somewhere exotic. But what came out was, “Here. Right here.” 66 likes