Start by marking “Unchanged (Unremembered, #3)” as Want to Read:
Unchanged (Unremembered, #3)

Unchanged

(Unremembered #3)

In this mesmerizing conclusion to the Unremembered trilogy, Sera will fight those who have broken her.

After returning to the Diotech compound and receiving a successful memory transplant, Seraphina is now living a happy life with another synthetically engineered human like herself, with whom she is deeply in love. She has no recollection of Zen. But the nagging feeling tha
Published February 24th 2015 by Farrar, Straus and Giroux (BYR)

To ask other readers questions about Unchanged, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Unchanged

Norah Una Sumner
Aug 10, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: fantasy lovers,young-adult readers
"At least the water can wash away my tears."

I don't know what to say.This was really good and I'm sad that I've come to an end of another great series.I loved all the characters,the story,the little twists...but that ending killed me.I won't say anything else because I'm afraid I'll spoil it and trust me,you don't want to be spoiled when it comes to this trilogy.If I could describe this book in just one word it would probably be...bittersweet.

description

Favourite quotes:

“This is what Dr. A is trying to p
Tamara
May 18, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
That ending. My heart. It. Just. Crashed.
Stacee
Wow. This was quite the ending to the series. I don't want to give anything away because there are a lot of layers and revelations and I refuse to ruin it.

Just know that everything I needed answered was given and while the ending wasn't what I was expecting, I loved it.
Reem Alomari
Feb 26, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Colleen Houck
What a brilliant ending to this story. Loved it! Such selflessness and heroism.
Chiara
Mar 18, 2017 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Definitely my least favourite in the series. Sera's constant "your lying!!1!" was super repetitive and annoying. The ending just went by so quickly and was also a bit of a let down for the characters you cared about, and pretty open, as well.
Jen | Jen Talks Audiobooks
Talk about a fantastic ending to a series. Brody has really given us an incredible, emotionally-laden conclusion that winds things up perfectly.

In this third and final book, Sera has changed dramatically. We knew this would happen at the end of the second book; it's no surprise that she's returned home and has somewhat reverted to the person she originally was. The world has been established with only a few missing details, one being the ultimate goal of the evil corporation. There are a few new
Kelley
After my 3-star experience with Unforgotten, I was a little nervous about Unchanged, but my sister assured me that this book would not disappoint. So, I took her word for it and dove right in -- she was right! Unchanged was pretty damn awesome.

What I've really enjoyed about this series is the progression of setting. That might sound weird, but some series take me to new places I wasn't wanting, etc. This series has taken me on a wild ride of fascinating discoveries! It was a LOT of fun getting t
Frank Chillura
Dec 14, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: clones, time-travel
Brittany (The Book Addict's Guide/Novelly Yours)
Initial Impressions 2/14/15: 4.25 - 4.5 stars -- Wow, what a really, really great finish to this series from Jessica Brody! I really just loved so many things about this book. It was incredible how much this series grew and evolved throughout the course of the trilogy. I was REALLY impressed with everything that transpired in UNCHANGED. Lots of things I didn't see coming, lots of great character development, lots of action.
Thank you for such an entertaining trilogy, Jessica! I had so much fun w
Haley
Dec 21, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
What an astoundingly epic finale. It was pretty awesome even with the few disappointments. I love sci-fi with some mystery and lots of twists. I also like it when a character has to overcome brainwashing or a secret organization. What’s really great about this book is that we get to see the time period that Sera and Zen are from.

2117 is a world with hoverpods and other things that hover with magnets, synthetic meat, genetic modification and nanotechnology. Gas power is obsolete, as well as toda
Helen
Feb 26, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Some of this review contains mild spoilers. I will warn you when you get there.

What a stunning end to the trilogy! I literally could not put the book down! This is by far my favorite book of the series. It is also the one that broke my heart the most.
In this book you can definitely see Jessica Brody's writing style become more mature. There are so many new characters and so much world building--it's amazing she got it all into one book. I think I especially like the introduction of so many new
Dalene
Oct 22, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I have been a fan of this series for a while. So much so I have the ARC of Unremembered. To say the least, I love this series. Going into the last book of the series, Unchanged, I wasn't sure what to expect. I knew that Jessica Brody had a lot of storylines to wrap up and leave the readers pleased with the ending of such a great series. Well Jessica, you did it! Unchanged was an amazing conclusion to the Unremembered series. There are so many twists and turns that will leave you shocked. I hated ...more
Lanla Chok
Can anyone tell me about Seraphina and Sariana. I'm really confused. Does Zen love Sera or is it Sariana that he loves. I'm highly confused when this two gurls are narrated. Especially in the last chapter when a new girl is being born out of the lab. It's said Sariana instead of Sera. It confuses me.
Robin Reul
Jul 23, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A highly satisfying end to a fast-paced, romantic, edge-of-your-seat trilogy. I highly recommend binge-reading all three back to back for the ultimate thrill ride. :)
Nikki
Mar 18, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: uno-2018
Book 1 got 2 stars. Book 2 got 2 stars. And book 3.. 4? I almost thought it was impossible, but this one actually ended up being the best book. I assumed the worst.

One thing that definitely made it loads better, was that the annoying, madly in love, love triangle feelings all over the place voice of the MC was gone. Okay yeah, we still had this messed up love triangle happening, but it actually stopped being the plot. It was put on a back burner, and that's what made the story start off good.
As
Oda Renate
Its been several years since I read the first two in this series. I probably should have reread the first two before reading this, but.. I was too lazy. And it worked out fine the plot of the first two came to me during this one.
I liked it. But well idk.. its science fiction which often is not my cup of tea.
This book had parts where I though "ugh why is this scene happening. Can we just skip to the X stuff."(dont want to spoil).
It has a hea just not a traditional one.
Taylor Reiman
Feb 23, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This has to be my favorite book out of all of them. The ending shocked me and I can hardly get over it. Jessica Brody's writing is wonderful. I love this book with all my heart.
Jessica (a GREAT read)
Feb 27, 2015 rated it really liked it
Jessica Brody's Unchanged was one of the hardest books I've had to read this year. And I'm not saying that it was in anyway a bad read, I'm just saying the events were hard to swallow! It was very emotional on so many different levels...I struggle to form coherent sentences. There are still so many questions I have, but at the same time, I feel like I know the answers.

At the end of Unforgotten, we were all feeling the pains. Sera has saved Zen's life, only to leave him and go back to Diotech in
Jane
Feb 04, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I DONT KNOW!I DONT KNOW ANYTHING ANYMORE!!! WHAT IS MY NAME!!!!!!
God I don’t even know where to start I mean thiS BOOK was too much and with that ending I just ugh!
Okay so the first book was heh meeh it was catchy, interesting plot and Zen was basically the only reason i read the second one because i kinda hated Sera.Seriously i never liked the girl on the first book and it just got worse on the second one.I found her annoying with all that ‘Ohh who can I trust’ crap.Like trust the hot guy who’s
Gemma F
Sep 22, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: kindle-books
There is a beautiful thing about trilogies. This trilogy is one of them.

I am grateful enough to have been along on this ride with Sera and Zen. From Unremembered to this brillant, fantastic ending that is Unchanged.

Unchanged proves that there is hope in everything. How endings can be reached with absolute genius. As a reader, I truly appreciate all the hard work put into stringing ideas into stories. Into words. Writing is no simple task; but the Unremembered trilogy proves that nothing is impo
Sam
Apr 21, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This review and more: Sharing Inspired Kreations

Wow. Okay, I really wasn’t expecting that ending. That came as quite a shock and I’m still trying to process it.

This book might just be my favourite of the trilogy. I finally get the romance between Sera and Zen. Too late though? You’ll have to read it and see! I don’t know what it was about this book that finally made me fall in love with their love, but I did. And I’m officially back on team Zen (though, I still like Kaelen).

The story was good an
Shelley
*Source* Library
*Genre* Young Adult, Science Fiction
*Rating* 3-3.5

*My Thoughts*

Unchanged is the final installment in the Unremembered trilogy by author Jessica Brody. Synthetically engineered human Seraphina is back at Diotech having left Lyzender (Zen) behind in order to save his life. Once again, Dr. Alixter has plans for Seraphina and this includes yet another memory modification to make her forget about her "rebellion" phase when she ran away with Zen. Sera now feels nothing but hatred for Z
Marlo Eliz
Mar 07, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This was my favorite book of the three in the whole trilogy. I never expected that on page 2 there would be a plit twist and she would get to keep all of her memories. It changed everything. I didn't like Kaelen from the beginning but as the author went on and described him, I grew attatched. But then Zen came along and I hated Kaelen all ovrr again. Throughout the whole story, I was rooting for Zera the entire time. Amd then there is the ending. I honestly have a love/hate relationship with thi ...more
Marie
May 18, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: book-series
What a thrilling, breathtaking conclusion to the Unremembered trilogy. Unchanged has its share of surprises. It’s filled with actions and interesting characters, each of them with their own revelations thorough the whole story. If you’re looking for a great science-fiction trilogy ending in a grand finale, then check out this one. Full review up in a few on Drizzle and Hurricane Books! :)
Tallie
Feb 24, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I really liked this series and this book in the series. I have mixed emotions about how this ended. I was hoping they could have a typical happy ending but this was still a good way to end the story.
Aydrea
Feb 17, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Ooh that was definitely not what I was expecting, but I loved it! Great ending to a series I have enjoyed.
Anna
May 23, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I HAVE NO WORDS....I'm so sad this series is over. The whole concept and story was amazing, I will never forget these books. I'm still in shock from the ending...
Kat
I can't rate this book. The book overall is 4 stars, but the epilogue was 2 stars. I understand why it ends the way it does, but I'm just too upset to like it.

Actual review to come.
ForeverAnAuthor
Mar 26, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorites
This book. is. just. BRILLIANT.

I mean, this is a conclusion to a trilogy. Honestly, I don't reserve much hope for conclusions anymore, unless it's written by Marie Lu.
But this book- I just-

The more I read it, the more l realized- Katniss and Seraphina are reallyyy similar. In fact, A LOT OF STUFF between Hunger Games and the Unremembered series are reallyyy similar.

But wait- before you start asking why this is not a rant and is actually praise, let me tell you something-

This book is even BETTER
The Endung 1 1 Feb 23, 2019 07:58PM
Ending of the book 1 15 Aug 20, 2015 06:12PM

• Untitled (Annex, #4)
  • Forged (Taken, #3)
  • Crash (The Game, #3)
  • Redemption (MILA 2.0, #3)
  • Sorceress (Spellcaster, #3)
  • The Wondrous and the Wicked (The Dispossessed, #3)
  • Public Enemies (Immortal Game, #2)
  • Rebellion (Extraction, #2)
  • Wicked Games (Deadly Cool, #3)
  • Willowgrove (Hemlock, #3)
  • Tether (Many-Worlds, #2)
  • Twist (Loop, #2)
  • This Strange and Familiar Place (So Close to You, #2)
  • Tabula Rasa (Tabula Rasa, #1)
  • Collide (The Taking, #3)
  • Birds of Prey, Volume 5: Soul Crisis
  • The Hunt (Project Paper Doll, #2)
  • Chaos (Fates #2)
Jessica Brody knew from a young age that she wanted to be a writer. She started self “publishing” her own books when she was seven years old, binding the pages together with cardboard, wallpaper samples, and electrical tape.

After graduating from Smith College in 2001 where she double majored in Economics and French and minored in Japanese, Jessica later went on to work for MGM Studios as a Manager

Unremembered (3 books)
  • Unremembered (Unremembered, #1)
  • Unforgotten (Unremembered, #2)
“I am no longer hesitant.
I am ready.
I am fearless.”
4 likes
“Tomorrow I will be whole again. I will be strong. I will be me. If only I knew who that was.” 2 likes